IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4673 (resized).JPG
IMG_4671 (resized).JPG

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from RobH:

Yes it just got done a few weeks ago.. looks great!
rob

I did the ColorDMD... turned out great IMHO... all video was scenes from actually concerts and with latest developer software it literally color matches to video. Turned out fantastic

2 months later
#352 4 years ago

Hey Fellow Elvis Fans, I’ve owned my Elvis since 2004. I actually paid more for Elvis than I did for a twilight zone that I bought around the same time. It’s fun to play a game with a super light rule set, only worrying about keeping the ball alive. I used to always play a game before going to work in the morning, and it Always put me in a good mood! I’ve been overseas for years and had it in storage but just got it back up and running. Looking for advice on upgrading the lighting. Everything is stock, but don’t know if should go with PinStadium Cabinet Lighting or LED’s or Both. Any suggestions on what company, set up, etc would be helpful. Trying to figure out what would give the best light show paired with the game and music.
Cheers, Scudly

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Scudly:

Hey Fellow Elvis Fans, I’ve owned my Elvis since 2004. I actually paid more for Elvis than I did for a twilight zone that I bought around the same time. It’s fun to play a game with a super light rule set, only worrying about keeping the ball alive. I used to always play a game before going to work in the morning, and it Always put me in a good mood! I’ve been overseas for years and had it in storage but just got it back up and running. Looking for advice on upgrading the lighting. Everything is stock, but don’t know if should go with PinStadium Cabinet Lighting or LED’s or Both. Any suggestions on what company, set up, etc would be helpful. Trying to figure out what would give the best light show paired with the game and music.
Cheers, Scudly

Start with the Colordmd!!!

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Scudly:

Cheers, Scudly

Color matched leds to the inserts and left the GI stock. Upgrade the spots to led and the flashers but dont forget the back box behind the upper playfield.
I prefer to let the inserts pop rather than flood the playfield with light from overhead.
LED kits are a bit confusing to me so if you go with a premade kit make sure to get one recommended by others who have installed them with success.
Lastly protect that jail house rock plastic and the track plastic under Elvis feet. Get two small post rubbers and put them between the two metal tab mounts and posts.
The jail house plastic is prone to air ball strikes and this will give it a better chance for surviving when it takes a direct hit.

I did Fidelity speaker system with a shaker to start. Color dmd is on my list of future upgrades.
Have owned Elvis since 2008 cant see him ever leaving the building.

#355 4 years ago

I also picked up a cheap las vegas sign for under 20 bucks from some co workers that went.
Hooked it into the tourney wiring to give the right voltage.

Jailhouse rock 'mod' was my very 1st buy. Save the original plastic. Comes in 3 colors

Been waiting to find another figure (cheap) to repaint to a different jumpsuit.

1 week later
#356 4 years ago

Hey, Elvis owners, could use some help. Is the default state of the control gate at the back of the playfield (near the saucer) up or down? When I fire the coil, it seems to close the gate, but gravity also closes the gate.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

Hey, Elvis owners, could use some help. Is the default state of the control gate at the back of the playfield (near the saucer) up or down? When I fire the coil, it seems to close the gate, but gravity also closes the gate.

If you are refering to the gate to the right of the upper roll through lanes - yes default close when plunging to keep it from hard plunge to the upper right flipper.

#358 4 years ago

Hmmm... okay, thanks for the reply, Hooked. My question then is how you start Blue Suede Shoes mode? I know according to the instructions it's repeated shots at the upper loop with the top right flipper, but when I do that while BSS is lit, the ball just bounces off the control gate and into the pop bumpers. I'd think it would supposed to go around the loop back to the right flipper. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing?

#359 4 years ago

It should open the gate at the top right for BSS to activate. Pretty sure during the mode the spinner will score and loop around.
Magnet is basically off in ASU mode.
Will it open for the skill shot? (holding down the left flipper on launch)

#360 4 years ago

I didn't know it was supposed to do that. No, if I launch the ball while holding the left flipper, it just bounces off the gate and into the saucer.

If the gate does not open, could you give me any clue as to why it might not?

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

If the gate does not open, could you give me any clue as to why it might not?

The switch that activates the gate may not be working properly. So there are a couple ways to check this out. First, visually check to see the gate is working with the spring attached and by hand your able to move the gate open and closed. Next you could go into diagnostics and activate the gate to verify it's working properly. Make sure when the gate is open a ball can roll underneath it. If that is working properly, I would move to the switch in that lane and verify it's working. Again you can go into diagnostics and see if it's activated when rolling a ball over it. These are simple things to check before getting any deeper.

2 weeks later
#362 4 years ago

Just had to fix mine. The little wire guide that the sling pulls down on to pop gate up bounced over 180 degrees and wasn’t opening anymore. Have to go in and pop it back over to the proper orientation so it pulls down on it in the correct direction.

4 months later
#363 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a bone stock routed Elvis. Just finished all 8 pages of this thread - good stuff. Looking forward to adding a Color DMD and working on lighting in the future.

1 month later
#364 4 years ago

Just joined the club as well. Has anyone done instructions or a video on removing the upper playfield? Want to get to the rubbers under neigh to clean them or replace them. Will see check the manual to see what type of instructions they provide. Thanks for the help!

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just joined the club as well. Has anyone done instructions or a video on removing the upper playfield? Want to get to the rubbers under neigh to clean them or replace them. Will see check the manual to see what type of instructions they provide. Thanks for the help!

I didn’t document it but it’s a pain. Some of the mounting stuff for heartbreak hotel I have no clue how you are suppose to actually get at then. I did a full strip and it was a chore. I’ve restored plenty of games and it still baffled me.

#366 4 years ago

Yeah, I swapped all the rubber but the ones under the hotel. They looked damn near impossible to get at easily.

#367 4 years ago

I gave up trying to remove the upper level!

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I gave up trying to remove the upper level!

Thanks, we got it off ok and was able to change the rubbers. Had to take off flipper as mentioned. Appreciate the help.

#369 4 years ago

Anyone had issue with four balls coming out when you start the game but then it works fine? Thank you. Jim

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, we got it off ok and was able to change the rubbers. Had to take off flipper as mentioned. Appreciate the help.

Can you share a bit more?

#371 4 years ago

the game is off , then you turn it on , game is on free play , you start a game and it spits outs all 4 balls and auto launches them till they go back into the trough , then one ball ejects and it is ready to play , after game over it starts a new game fine , it only happens when the power button is turned off then turned on , and the four ball problem occurs , in was there trying to figure this out

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Can you share a bit more?

You need to unconnect the two exit ramps and remove the upper flipper from underneath the playfield. The two ramps come off pretty easy once you unconnect them from the lower bumpers. I was replacing the rubbers on the lower bumpers anyway, so had this part disconnected. There are about 3-4 screws on the upper playfield that have to be taken out and it just slides out. Nothing needs to be done with the heartbreak hotel.

The hardest part I would say is removing the flipper and reinstalling it. I had help, otherwise I would have been lost.

#374 4 years ago

Talk about dirty, when I first checked out the game, I thought this was a black rubber. It is actually white!

elvis rubber (resized).jpgelvis rubber (resized).jpg
#375 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You need to unconnect the two exit ramps and remove the upper flipper from underneath the playfield. The two ramps come off pretty easy once you unconnect them from the lower bumpers. I was replacing the rubbers on the lower bumpers anyway, so had this part disconnected. There are about 3-4 screws on the upper playfield that have to be taken out and it just slides out. Nothing needs to be done with the heartbreak hotel.
The hardest part I would say is removing the flipper and reinstalling it. I had help, otherwise I would have been lost.

Thank you very much.
I started with the hotel....my error!
Great game!

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Yawn, one of the worst LEs ever.
Not one added feature.
Hard to ask for more from anyone with any knowledge.

you didn't get upgraded game features in the early le's. just fancy backglasses and hardware.

#377 4 years ago

I'm glad I found this club. I bought my Elvis NIB in 2004 and have truly enjoyed it. The Elvis game gets ripped on a lot on Pinside. It's nice to find others who enjoy it. I've taken great care of it, but am now considering pimping it out after seeing some of the great work done by owners on this site. I'm not as handy as others here, but still want to improve upon my game. Anyone have any suggestions for me to start with that are easy installs and not too expensive?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Anyone have any suggestions for me to start with that are easy installs and not too expensive?

Like any game, plenty to do. You could start out with changing out the rubbers. Heartbreak Hotel looks great in pink! Tons of other mods for this game. More expensive but worth it is a color dmd. I installed mine over the past Summer and love it. Enjoy Elvis-a true collectible fun game!!!
004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG
IMG_2218 (resized).JPGIMG_2218 (resized).JPG
ELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (19) (resized).JPGELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (19) (resized).JPG
ELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (27) (resized).JPGELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (27) (resized).JPG
ELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (28) (resized).JPGELVIS CUSTOM GOLD (28) (resized).JPG

#379 4 years ago

The vegas light sign was pretty cheap if you are ever in vegas.
Buy 2 just in case.
I bought the jailhouse rock replacement and took out my original just in case.
Went led superbright in the spotlights.
Shaker motor.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Like any game, plenty to do. You could start out with changing out the rubbers. Heartbreak Hotel looks great in pink! Tons of other mods for this game. More expensive but worth it is a color dmd. I installed mine over the past Summer and love it. Enjoy Elvis-a true collectible fun game!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is a nice elvis figure, any change to get this somewhere?

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks. I love your game. It looks incredible. You've given me some ideas to get started. I was already considering a color dmd.

#382 4 years ago

Has anyone updated to LEDs and have a count for each color insert you needed? May order some bulbs today while on sale. Thanks.

#383 4 years ago

I dont have a count for you but GI is around 50 bulbs, I use Sunlight, and Ice Blue in the Blue inserts looks better than dark view, IMO. Most amber and orange look fine with Sunlight or warm.
Your white inserts can be any shade of white or color....Just count them up.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont have a count for you but GI is around 50 bulbs, I use Sunlight, and Ice Blue in the Blue inserts looks better than dark view, IMO. Most amber and orange look fine with Sunlight or warm.
Your white inserts can be any shade of white or color....Just count them up.

Thanks for the pointers.

#385 4 years ago

Color match the inserts with 1 smd clear.
GI sunlight frosted.
A few accents here and there. Looks amazing and makes it pop. Especially in the dark!

#386 4 years ago

I have a problem with the poorly mounted batteries coming loose on Elvis because of how they're mounted on the board. I know they can be mounted remotely on the backbox so that's a next step, but does anyone know if there is a longer-term solution that will work on this game, such as a cadmium battery or NVRAM?

#387 4 years ago

I have nvram. Plugged right in

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I have nvram. Plugged right in

Thanks--can you tell me where you picked it up?

#389 4 years ago

Looking to buy one, anyone want to sell?

#390 4 years ago

So I'm really wanting to install the NVRAM chip in Elvis, but I'm a total noob to this idea. I understand that Elvis takes the 6264 chip and I see on a pinside site the implication that I would possibly have to pull one chip and swap in the 6264. I can pull or install a chip just fine--I've done so on sound boards--but I'm left with several questions.

(1) Is this a chip swap or is the 6264 to be installed into an open socket?
(2) Where exactly on the board is the socket? A photo or socket identifier on the board (I have the manual, but I'm still uncertain) would be most helpful.
(3) Does orientation of the chip matter (i.e., is there a top/bottom or left/right), or can it be installed without concern for orientation?
(4) Once the chip is installed, should I just remove the AA batteries and leave the empty case in place?

I could really use some help on this one. I'm sure it's ultimately a simple thing to do but I've been known to do simple things wrong before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Looking to buy one, anyone want to sell?

One in Montreal, about $4,400US.

Go BLUE!

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

So I'm really wanting to install the NVRAM chip in Elvis, but I'm a total noob to this idea. I understand that Elvis takes the 6264 chip and I see on a pinside site the implication that I would possibly have to pull one chip and swap in the 6264. I can pull or install a chip just fine--I've done so on sound boards--but I'm left with several questions.
(2) Where exactly on the board is the socket? A photo or socket identifier on the board (I have the manual, but I'm still uncertain) would be most helpful.
(3) Does orientation of the chip matter (i.e., is there a top/bottom or left/right), or can it be installed without concern for orientation?
(4) Once the chip is installed, should I just remove the AA batteries and leave the empty case in place?
I could really use some help on this one. I'm sure it's ultimately a simple thing to do but I've been known to do simple things wrong before.

Bump.

#393 4 years ago

Theres an NVRAM thread somewhere....You may want to post there.....

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Color match the inserts with 1 smd clear.
GI sunlight frosted.
A few accents here and there. Looks amazing and makes it pop. Especially in the dark!

I used 2 smd sunlights on mine, why go 1 when you can go 2, lighten up that playfield. no need to color coordinate either. I used frosted on upper gi's, clear on inserts. clears seem to be just a tad bit better for inserts than the frosted ones, but can hardly tell the difference.

#395 4 years ago
0015F62A-EB34-4DB0-B5F5-284295824C0E (resized).jpeg0015F62A-EB34-4DB0-B5F5-284295824C0E (resized).jpeg9D815804-A21B-430F-80E6-F896D5885CA2 (resized).jpeg9D815804-A21B-430F-80E6-F896D5885CA2 (resized).jpeg
#396 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from JOESCHALL:
Bump.

Theres an NVRAM thread somewhere....You may want to post there.....

Thanks. I'll hunt that down and do that. Much appreciated.

#397 4 years ago

Going to Vegas next week. See what I can find to pimp out the game.

2 weeks later
#398 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks again for the NVRAM advice from OLDPINGUY. I successfully installed the new NVRAM in Elvis with the notch-side down, per advice I picked up from another thread that you pointed me to. Now Elvis lives again--battery-free!

#399 4 years ago

With the help of @mr_tantrum, I designed some new target decals for my Elvis. All are available for sale if interested. He does a lot of decals for other games and they are excellent quality. Thought the ROCK ROLL were appropriate for the game.

F919F336-9BCE-4091-927F-2882D381D44D (resized).jpegF919F336-9BCE-4091-927F-2882D381D44D (resized).jpegC696D599-15D8-4F13-BBD3-CCA48F9F3DD8 (resized).jpegC696D599-15D8-4F13-BBD3-CCA48F9F3DD8 (resized).jpeg8DD44191-FF97-4FCA-9695-5B6F2ADC7CCC (resized).jpeg8DD44191-FF97-4FCA-9695-5B6F2ADC7CCC (resized).jpegCF60EEDC-511F-4574-966C-5AEB2EA12DDB (resized).jpegCF60EEDC-511F-4574-966C-5AEB2EA12DDB (resized).jpegA0DEEDB4-7842-41D2-A177-E2CBE47945C3 (resized).jpegA0DEEDB4-7842-41D2-A177-E2CBE47945C3 (resized).jpeg00DC382A-8E0E-4A57-BF27-75C0AD49668C (resized).jpeg00DC382A-8E0E-4A57-BF27-75C0AD49668C (resized).jpeg057BE20B-3080-43EA-A565-CD4FD6518E48 (resized).jpeg057BE20B-3080-43EA-A565-CD4FD6518E48 (resized).jpeg
#400 4 years ago

Some new additions from my recent Vegas trip. The side magnets are likely overkill

The Vegas sign is a great topper, with the flashing sign.

BF1AFE53-1D28-449F-8933-4D9444FE052F (resized).jpegBF1AFE53-1D28-449F-8933-4D9444FE052F (resized).jpeg55ACFAD1-31DE-4965-91B5-F74880FB565C (resized).jpeg55ACFAD1-31DE-4965-91B5-F74880FB565C (resized).jpegFA29B799-0D14-47D4-B4A5-41C59F8EE880 (resized).jpegFA29B799-0D14-47D4-B4A5-41C59F8EE880 (resized).jpeg93B2D451-9C6C-43B0-BD55-BDAC12C0451E (resized).jpeg93B2D451-9C6C-43B0-BD55-BDAC12C0451E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club/page/8?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.