Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by Whridlsoncestood
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

elvis2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0981 (resized).JPG
576A17A0-C18D-4B50-A771-5159D7D904E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5288 (resized).JPG
IMG_5289 (resized).JPG
IMG_5261 (resized).JPG
IMG_5260 (resized).JPG
IMG_5258 (resized).JPG
IMG_5254 (resized).JPG
IMG_5253 (resized).JPG
20180214_183424 (resized).jpg
7EE867BD-9453-42A2-939D-15CF663ED76E (resized).jpeg
64E9A7B9-4A1A-4838-ADD7-1308BF798612 (resized).jpeg
Elvis Slingshot (resized).jpg
006 (resized).JPG
005 (3) (resized).JPG

There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 months ago
Quoted from RobH:

Yes it just got done a few weeks ago.. looks great!
rob

I did the ColorDMD... turned out great IMHO... all video was scenes from actually concerts and with latest developer software it literally color matches to video. Turned out fantastic

2 months later
#352 75 days ago

Hey Fellow Elvis Fans, I’ve owned my Elvis since 2004. I actually paid more for Elvis than I did for a twilight zone that I bought around the same time. It’s fun to play a game with a super light rule set, only worrying about keeping the ball alive. I used to always play a game before going to work in the morning, and it Always put me in a good mood! I’ve been overseas for years and had it in storage but just got it back up and running. Looking for advice on upgrading the lighting. Everything is stock, but don’t know if should go with PinStadium Cabinet Lighting or LED’s or Both. Any suggestions on what company, set up, etc would be helpful. Trying to figure out what would give the best light show paired with the game and music.
Cheers, Scudly

#353 75 days ago
Quoted from Scudly:

Hey Fellow Elvis Fans, I’ve owned my Elvis since 2004. I actually paid more for Elvis than I did for a twilight zone that I bought around the same time. It’s fun to play a game with a super light rule set, only worrying about keeping the ball alive. I used to always play a game before going to work in the morning, and it Always put me in a good mood! I’ve been overseas for years and had it in storage but just got it back up and running. Looking for advice on upgrading the lighting. Everything is stock, but don’t know if should go with PinStadium Cabinet Lighting or LED’s or Both. Any suggestions on what company, set up, etc would be helpful. Trying to figure out what would give the best light show paired with the game and music.
Cheers, Scudly

Start with the Colordmd!!!

#354 75 days ago
Quoted from Scudly:

Cheers, Scudly

Color matched leds to the inserts and left the GI stock. Upgrade the spots to led and the flashers but dont forget the back box behind the upper playfield.
I prefer to let the inserts pop rather than flood the playfield with light from overhead.
LED kits are a bit confusing to me so if you go with a premade kit make sure to get one recommended by others who have installed them with success.
Lastly protect that jail house rock plastic and the track plastic under Elvis feet. Get two small post rubbers and put them between the two metal tab mounts and posts.
The jail house plastic is prone to air ball strikes and this will give it a better chance for surviving when it takes a direct hit.

I did Fidelity speaker system with a shaker to start. Color dmd is on my list of future upgrades.
Have owned Elvis since 2008 cant see him ever leaving the building.

#355 74 days ago

I also picked up a cheap las vegas sign for under 20 bucks from some co workers that went.
Hooked it into the tourney wiring to give the right voltage.

Jailhouse rock 'mod' was my very 1st buy. Save the original plastic. Comes in 3 colors

Been waiting to find another figure (cheap) to repaint to a different jumpsuit.

1 week later
#356 64 days ago

Hey, Elvis owners, could use some help. Is the default state of the control gate at the back of the playfield (near the saucer) up or down? When I fire the coil, it seems to close the gate, but gravity also closes the gate.

#357 64 days ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

Hey, Elvis owners, could use some help. Is the default state of the control gate at the back of the playfield (near the saucer) up or down? When I fire the coil, it seems to close the gate, but gravity also closes the gate.

If you are refering to the gate to the right of the upper roll through lanes - yes default close when plunging to keep it from hard plunge to the upper right flipper.

#358 64 days ago

Hmmm... okay, thanks for the reply, Hooked. My question then is how you start Blue Suede Shoes mode? I know according to the instructions it's repeated shots at the upper loop with the top right flipper, but when I do that while BSS is lit, the ball just bounces off the control gate and into the pop bumpers. I'd think it would supposed to go around the loop back to the right flipper. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing?

#359 63 days ago

It should open the gate at the top right for BSS to activate. Pretty sure during the mode the spinner will score and loop around.
Magnet is basically off in ASU mode.
Will it open for the skill shot? (holding down the left flipper on launch)

#360 63 days ago

I didn't know it was supposed to do that. No, if I launch the ball while holding the left flipper, it just bounces off the gate and into the saucer.

If the gate does not open, could you give me any clue as to why it might not?

#361 61 days ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

If the gate does not open, could you give me any clue as to why it might not?

The switch that activates the gate may not be working properly. So there are a couple ways to check this out. First, visually check to see the gate is working with the spring attached and by hand your able to move the gate open and closed. Next you could go into diagnostics and activate the gate to verify it's working properly. Make sure when the gate is open a ball can roll underneath it. If that is working properly, I would move to the switch in that lane and verify it's working. Again you can go into diagnostics and see if it's activated when rolling a ball over it. These are simple things to check before getting any deeper.

2 weeks later
#362 46 days ago

Just had to fix mine. The little wire guide that the sling pulls down on to pop gate up bounced over 180 degrees and wasn’t opening anymore. Have to go in and pop it back over to the proper orientation so it pulls down on it in the correct direction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside