IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4673 (resized).JPG
IMG_4671 (resized).JPG

There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 6 years ago

Old vs New
Thanks HOOKED

IMG_4752 (resized).JPGIMG_4752 (resized).JPG

#252 6 years ago

My Elvis topper

#254 6 years ago

Grinding my old wire forms to make them shine like new!
Sparky's old television set with clips from Sullivan Show looks great. Must have for freaks like us))

IMG_4754 (resized).JPGIMG_4754 (resized).JPG

IMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPG

IMG_4755 (resized).JPGIMG_4755 (resized).JPG

IMG_4757 (resized).JPGIMG_4757 (resized).JPG

#255 6 years ago

My Elvis topper

Part1 (resized).jpgPart1 (resized).jpg

#256 6 years ago

That topper is freaking me out.

#257 6 years ago

Tilt graffics makes killer decal that goes around the dmd and inside lower cab decals. Too much is never enough for the King.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Tilt graffics makes killer decal that goes around the dmd and inside lower cab decals. Too much is never enough for the King.

Not to pay myself on the back but they created those two after my ideas and insistence

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

It was only a matter of time

IMG_4772 (resized).JPGIMG_4772 (resized).JPG

#261 6 years ago

I think the game looks better with mirrorblades. Gold one!

Decals are too much. Makes the whole thing too busy

#262 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#263 6 years ago

I love the brass blades. You gonna brass the trim and legs next?

Has my package arrived?

#264 6 years ago

Yes! Got it last week.
I didn't find brass trims. I would love to brass trims, legs, hinges, coindoor... but sooooo expensive !!

#265 6 years ago

What do you guys think about a pet project?
Lighting up.the cut outs.on the ramps.
Blue for notes and red or white for elvis letters?
It would be panel so not bright just accents really. Could be tied to GI or stand alone.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I think the game looks better with mirrorblades. Gold one!
Decals are too much. Makes the whole thing too busy

I agree with this.
Your Elvis looks great Lou!

#267 6 years ago

I like your style. Elvis Rules!!!

003 (3) (resized).JPG003 (3) (resized).JPG
005 (3) (resized).JPG005 (3) (resized).JPG
006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

It would be panel so not bright just accents really. Could be tied to GI or stand alone.

El paper could look nice...
Same stuff some guys use to illuminate their rule cards.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'd love it and would buy a set for sure!

#270 6 years ago

Anyone put a pinsound board in Elvis?

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

no...but I just added a CoinTaker shaker...the wiring is already there so it was super easy plug and play.
Adds a lot to the game too.

#272 6 years ago

Hi, was checking to see if Elvis sound tracks can be updated with Pinball Browser, to put longer and original music from the King. From the research on Pinball Browser thread, it looks like the answer is no (?), but thought to check at the source here on the Elvis forum.

Thanks for feedback!

ron

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I tought about it.
One rule: respecting elvis hand gestures with the mic....
This is the real true gem of this game.

#274 6 years ago

Maybe they will rerun the king for an anniversary as a VT and expand on the songs...the games only drawback.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Hi, was checking to see if Elvis sound tracks can be updated with Pinball Browser, to put longer and original music from the King. From the research on Pinball Browser thread, it looks like the answer is no (?), but thought to check at the source here on the Elvis forum.
Thanks for feedback!
ron

I wish I knew, I'd love to see the music beefed up....

#276 6 years ago

I am thinking about picking up an Elvis Gold, but a lot of that was hinged on being able to beef up the music. I changed out all my MET songs using Pinball Browser. I don't like Metallica, but I loved the layout, playfield and art, so stripped MET music and replaced everything with classic rock (including Elvis\-) and LOVE MET now. But changing music on a White Star game seems MUCH more limiting.

This post probably really belongs in the Pinball Browser thread, but this is Elvis specific so forgive me...

Sharing my initial findings opening up Elvis sound files:

Pinball Browser 6.0 recognizes the Elvis.u7 sound CPU file. Sorting all the sound clips by size, the actual Elvis music is only between 15 - and 30 seconds (compared to 6 - 8 min MET songs), I assume because of hardware limitations. But a quick check I found the sound locations and length for:

28 - 30 sec: Hound Dog, Don't be Cruel,Burning Love, Blue Suede Shoes

20 sec: Jail House Rock, CC Rider, heartbreak Hotel

15 sec: All Shook Up

8 sec: a fake elvis saying TCB

My personal preference is changing out live song versions with studio versions and actual Elvis voice, but these aren't even songs, just snipits. It is what it is, keeping in mind this is 2004 technology.

The other thing, I know zero about White Star, but are these sound roms? I can change the code, but don't have a burner to test and load if this is a eprom change. That, and I don't have an Elvis either. \-(

OldSchoolBlood mentioned "pinsound board". Has anyone tried that?

Lastly, what is a home use only, zero mods (absolutely stock), Elvis Gold with a worn lockbar worth? Game probably has not been shopped for years and by the description of the lockbar I am guessing Elvis has gotten some play along the way. I have no pictures, but it is local.

Appreciate any other thoughts in changing out music, short of waiting for an Elvis Vault Edition (I would so be on that!)

ron

#277 6 years ago

The Pinsound board is primarily to change music, so I don't see why it would be any different for Elvis. Has anyone emailed or contacted them?

#278 6 years ago

@ron
Elvis gold will in most cases need all of the trim re done so I would not value it much higher than a normal E!. 4 to 5 depending on what all it needs (plastics ramps and shop out items.)

#279 6 years ago

Is anyone know where I can buy/found the plastic on Elvis track? It's the only one missing on my game.
Maybe some of you have a spare I could buy?
Thanks

#280 6 years ago

Thanks Hooked for the pricing tip on Elvis Gold, the seller wanted too much, was 100% stock, unshopped, and now knowing normal wear and tear affects the gold powder coat made me pause. But the deal breaker was the inability to do anything with the sound. In a home environment sound is important to me. Never realized how much sound makes until you play it at a show and hear nothing, then play it at a friend's in a relatively quiet game room.

#281 6 years ago

Is someone good enough to make new Plexiglass for the upper PF? It would be great to get new ones!!!

#282 6 years ago

Is someone good enough to make new Plexiglass for the upper PF? It would be great to get new ones!!!

Its thick enough to flame polish it out if you got skills.

or

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6104-00

2 months later
#283 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the clear plastic over the right slingshot that the red dome flasher attaches to?
I found a guy on Ebay, but he is in Germany and you have to buy the entire clear set.

Just picked up a fixer upper and it is missing this plastic.
Photo below I borrowed from an earlier post in this thread of the plastic.

Elvis Slingshot (resized).jpgElvis Slingshot (resized).jpg

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone know where I can get the clear plastic over the right slingshot that the red dome flasher attaches to?
I found a guy on Ebay, but he is in Germany and you have to buy the entire clear set.
Just picked up a fixer upper and it is missing this plastic.
Photo below I borrowed from an earlier post in this thread of the plastic.

Mine is broken too. Let me know if you find someone.
Thsnks

#285 6 years ago

Thsnks

I certainly will.
Still no luck as of now.

#286 6 years ago

thinking about selling my freshly shopped HUO elvis gold limited edition, not a scratch...... whats going price on these?

1 week later
#287 6 years ago

Thsnks

The guys at Laseriffic say if we get them a scan of the clear slingshot plastics they can cut them for us.
I can get one from a friend but it will take me awhile. If anyone can get it to them faster then please do.
I really just need the right one scanned though

#288 6 years ago

Anyone know the updated part number for the cabinet leaf switch on the right side for the right flippers ??

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The guys at Laseriffic say if we get them a scan of the clear slingshot plastics they can cut them for us.
I can get one from a friend but it will take me awhile. If anyone can get it to them faster then please do.
I really just need the right one scanned though

I'm on it!

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

Anyone know the updated part number for the cabinet leaf switch on the right side for the right flippers ??

I need one too!

#291 6 years ago

You should be able to use this one, if I'm not mistaken:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6890-01

#292 6 years ago

I have that one it was too short to reach the flipper button

#293 6 years ago

Let me know any progress with Laseriffic. My friend with the game is out of town for the holidays

#294 6 years ago

Hi all, my Elvis left me some time ago but I have a complete set of NOS plastics for one that may as well go to someone that will use them.

I am looking for £125.00 + shipping (you will pay exactly what I pay at the counter, no more).

Wasn't too sure what to ask so there you go! Send me a PM if interested. I will list them on ebay if there is no interest here.

#295 6 years ago

Tried cleaning and adjusting my flipper switches today...they worked fine for half a game then started acting up again.
I would like to buy new cabinet flipper switches for both sides. Like the quoted post, can anyone tell us the "new and improved flipper switch part numbers?
I remember reading a TSB from Stern about flipper switches on Sopranos...Apparently they sucked from day 1, and Elvis was the same.
Has anyone in the club done the "switch" on their switches?

#296 6 years ago

How do I start Blue Suede Shoes?

I had a great game going, but I couldn’t figure out to start it.

#297 6 years ago

Does anyone has a high res scan of the translite ? Damaged mine.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do I start Blue Suede Shoes?
I had a great game going, but I couldn’t figure out to start it.

Inner loop, from upper right flipper.

1 week later
#299 6 years ago

Can’t seem to get upper right flippers magnet to lock and get into blue suede shoe mode. Any advice what to check

#300 6 years ago

I have that one it was too short to reach the flipper button

mount it higher on the cabinet...make new holes...
I just did this and my problem is solved...Elvis is shakin the house again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.