53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg
53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 7 years ago

Burning Love is my all time favorite Elvis song so I love that it's the song chosen for the Encore round

#152 7 years ago

Problem:
I replaced the jailhouse rock plastic with the PL mod.
Now I have had to put the spotlight bulb back on a few times.
Seems like the mod opens up the area a bit too much.
I am thinking of trying a LED for the spotlight. Have it empty right now.
Am I the only one having this issue?
I will have to look at moving/adjusting the spotlight.

#153 7 years ago

Yea I def went led on my spotlight. I'll take a picture

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea I def went led on my spotlight. I'll take a picture

I went.fn bright on my spotlight ...got.it from pblife. Its not a flasher bulb by lable but it works great and is a flush fit. 555 cool white.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I went.fn bright on my spotlight ...got.it from pblife. Its not a flasher bulb by lable but it works great and is a flush fit. 555 cool white.

Here's my spotlight:

IMG_9310 (resized).JPGIMG_9310 (resized).JPG

#156 7 years ago

These are coming along nicely:

IMG_9309 (resized).JPGIMG_9309 (resized).JPG

#157 7 years ago

Decisions....

IMG_9312 (resized).JPGIMG_9312 (resized).JPG

#158 7 years ago

Almost there:

IMG_9320 (resized).JPGIMG_9320 (resized).JPG

IMG_9322 (resized).JPGIMG_9322 (resized).JPG

#159 7 years ago

Looking good. I prefer the poses.

#160 7 years ago

Hey Grinder.. you ever eat at the Commissary there in Germantown? Best ribs I ever had I do believe.. Anyway, where does one get those gold bumper aprons?? Looks incredible!!

Rob

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from RobH:

Hey Grinder.. you ever eat at the Commissary there in Germantown? Best ribs I ever had I do believe.. Anyway, where does one get those gold bumper aprons?? Looks incredible!!
Rob

Oh sure, we eat there quite often especially when we have out of town family visiting.

Check out this thread and hit up the OP. He'll hook you up. If you're ever in Memphis, hit me up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they’re-back-custom-chrome-cap-decals-for-pop-bumpers-metal-modsco/page/4#post-3537814

#162 7 years ago

I myself don't like the bumper caps for this pin.
With the upper PF its hard to see a whole cap.
A bunch of small music notes around the rim may be the trick.

I got my spotlight behind JR all adjusted and tighted in. The PL mod does leave more headroom for any airballs (haven't had one yet).

Seems ever time I install new rubber in my stern games it makes the slingshots over fire. I had to adjust Nascar at least 3 times. Elvis I hope I got this first time.
Next issue is the coil humming when I hold down the left flipper.
I will have a look at how tight the flipper coils are. Other than that I will have my tech check them out be be sure they are all running good.

I burt out the chase on my Vegas sign by hooking it to the GI. I now have some proper power from the tournament wiring in place. All I need now is another sign to hack up and mod. Learned a few things on this 1st one. I have to leave more of a base so it covers the lane as it warped a bit from heat being so thin.

#163 7 years ago

I have had an idea for pops for years but the lack of interest in the game has held me back.
Now looking at Aerosmith it may just fly for both...humm.

Those notes wold look cool on a clear pop cap with blue light maybe.

#164 7 years ago

Gonna post this here as some of my questions didn't get answered in the other post.. also, was a Shaker standard on the Gold machine? Looks like mine is missing.. would be in the coin area correct?

Just got my GF an Elvis pin for her 50th bday. (She loves Elvis) It's the Gold edition. I'm wondering if Stern did a run of 3 models of Elvis like they seem to be running now on the latest games or was it just two?
I can't seem to find any comparison charts between the diff games. Is there any diff between the "regular" Elvis game and the Gold edition with the exception of the cosmetics (gold/brass) trim and a certificate saying so (which mine is missing). Any game play differences? Light show differences? Will Stern issue a new replacement certificate if I give them the serial number of the game? Any mods that are a must or good idea? The lockdown bar is looking pretty dirty.. what is the best cleaner polish for this brass looking item? Metal ramps also need this cleaner.
Was there an Stern Topper for this game originally?
Thanks for your help with this.. Elvis
Rob

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from RobH:

Gonna post this here as some of my questions didn't get answered in the other post.. also, was a Shaker standard on the Gold machine? Looks like mine is missing.. would be in the coin area correct?
Just got my GF an Elvis pin for her 50th bday. (She loves Elvis) It's the Gold edition. I'm wondering if Stern did a run of 3 models of Elvis like they seem to be running now on the latest games or was it just two?
I can't seem to find any comparison charts between the diff games. Is there any diff between the "regular" Elvis game and the Gold edition with the exception of the cosmetics (gold/brass) trim and a certificate saying so (which mine is missing). Any game play differences? Light show differences? Will Stern issue a new replacement certificate if I give them the serial number of the game? Any mods that are a must or good idea? The lockdown bar is looking pretty dirty.. what is the best cleaner polish for this brass looking item? Metal ramps also need this cleaner.
Was there an Stern Topper for this game originally?
Thanks for your help with this.. Elvis
Rob

Hey bud,

No Elvis and the Gold Edition are all there are if I'm not mistaken.

No I don't think a shaker came with the Gold. I've asked around and there's some confusion/misinformation about only the Gold Edition being coded for a shaker. That's not the case. Shaker motor works for either version.

Aside from cosmetics like the gold trim and a plate on the Gold, I don't think there is a difference.

I haven't a clue if Stern would reissue the certificate once you showed proof of ownership but I'd def ask.

If you haven't gone through this thread yet, is recommend it. Lots of great mods on display.

No I don't think a topper came with the game but Laserrific makes a great one

Mine was a reg Elvis but I had all the metal including rails, legs, coin door, lock down bar, ramps and wire forms brassed. My original ramps had some bad oxidation or rusting.

I hope this helps

Ryan

#166 7 years ago

The shaker motor is somewhat easy to install as the machine is pre-wired for it. It goes in the front left corner next to the coin box.
Shaker is a must.
I also replaced the jailhouse rock plastic with the pinball life mod. This was recommended by this sub forum. Certainly cheaper than a nos replacement and a choice of colours.
My machine has a few colour leds under the blue top 10 hits and the music notes.

Changing the rubber meant removing the upper playfield and getting under the hotel. I found a few small quirks with my machine as one of the ramp bolts wouldn't come off the spacer.

#167 7 years ago

Yea I think I detailed my questions and installation of my shaker motor on this thread. I had a red tremor and it was too much. Too loud. It wasn't for me and I got the Pinball Life one and it's been great.

#168 7 years ago

Just ordered the shaker from pinball life along with a new jailhouse..

Tried TarnX on the lock down bar and that cleaned up some of the tarnish but no way what is left is acceptable.. not sure what cleaner/polish to try next. Also the side rails are pretty bad but haven't begun to touch those..

That Vegas sign mod is ridiculously cool and should have been included in the game! Looks pro!

rob

#169 7 years ago

Post pics of the tarnish

#170 7 years ago

IMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG

IMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPG

IMG_2269 (resized).JPGIMG_2269 (resized).JPG

#171 7 years ago

Damn bud. That's no bueno. If you have the scratch, brass everything! If not, you don't play the trim so it doesn't truly matter.

If it bothers you two, maybe get some basic black armor?

#172 7 years ago

I have two new ramps if your interested might be cheaper to have them brass plated if the welds are good.

#173 7 years ago

I always used toothpaste on my brass.
LV sign mod is cheap. Under $20 in Vegas at a gift shop. A little cutting, drill a hole, add a little wire and fish it through a bulb hole.
Seems someone at my work is off to Vegas. It was not much trouble to get.

Oh yeah spring for the nvram. Cheap and a very easy install.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I always used toothpaste on my brass.
LV sign mod is cheap. Under $20 in Vegas at a gift shop. A little cutting, drill a hole, add a little wire and fish it through a bulb hole.
Seems someone at my work is off to Vegas. It was not much trouble to get.
Oh yeah spring for the nvram. Cheap and a very easy install.

Good idea.. never thought of TP for polish! I did order the NVRM today here on pinside. Sounds like a must have. My brother goes to LV every two weeks so I'll have him pick me up one of those signs!!

I bought a metal polish today at the auto parts store by Blue Magic.. seems to be doing the trick.. this is after my first pass...

IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPG

#175 7 years ago

Oh much better!

#176 7 years ago

I'd say so.. I think I'm going to need to get the legs brassed tho.. where did you get your mirror/gold pop bumpers? I'm def staying with the red caps but the base looks outstanding in gold! Gold flippers are awesome as well..

#177 7 years ago

Dont get too aggressive with stern plating ...not very thick.
I believe someone maybe Pinballdecals sell the plug for the lock down in brass.

#178 7 years ago

I have heard the same with the cabinet art as it appears printed on.

#179 7 years ago

Does anyone have a rough figure as to what re-brassing should cost? Legs, Lock Bar, Ramps, Side Rails. Not even sure I'll do it yet but will get a quote this week and would like to know if they are in the reasonable range when I hear the numbers..

Thanks

rob

#180 7 years ago

I have not looked for a while but some retailers were carrying the legs in brass at one point....that would be the cheapest for legs.
http://www.pinballplating.com/
Tell Chris we sent you .

1 week later
#181 7 years ago

I redid mine with a hammer look...same as the Gold Smaug. Matt with Back Alley did this for me.

20170123_212459 (resized).jpg20170123_212459 (resized).jpg

20170123_212510 (resized).jpg20170123_212510 (resized).jpg

20170123_212453 (resized).jpg20170123_212453 (resized).jpg

20170123_212435 (resized).jpg20170123_212435 (resized).jpg

20170123_212431 (resized).jpg20170123_212431 (resized).jpg

#182 7 years ago

I am getting the odd air ball from the upper pf flipper.
I guess the new rubber is a bit too snappy.
I am going to open up the exit from the top ramp and maybe it will get better. (I can see it hitting by the rubber)
So far I am adjusting the flipper rubber up/down to try and find a sweet spot.
So far it has only happened a few times.

#183 7 years ago

I am a new club member, but mine was missing the price and instruction cards, does anyone know where to find these?
Something custom would be off the hook.
Mine was purchased from Pinball Refinery and I am very, very pleased with this purchase, what a beautiful machine.

#184 7 years ago

www.pinballcards.com

You may have some sizing issues so be patient.

#185 7 years ago

Man I went thru every set of cards on that site, and never did see a set for Elvis, am I missing something?

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Man I went thru every set of cards on that site, and never did see a set for Elvis, am I missing something?

Just texted you. I have something that will work for you.

#188 7 years ago

Once again, a great pinsider sent me a set in the mail.
Thank you sir, I will be sure to return the favor.

#189 7 years ago

I'm installing Pinsound in my Getaway. Elvis is a Whitestar right? I think they are making audio boards for Whitestar systems next. If so, I could see a Pinsound in mine if we had full Elvis tracts.

IMG_9490 (resized).JPGIMG_9490 (resized).JPG

#190 7 years ago

yes please someone do full tracks for Elvis.
Maybe a VE Elvis with upgrade for the originals...ok I am dreaming big lol.

#191 7 years ago

Can anyone tell if I have the most current software in my machine by looking at these chips?

IMG_2534 (resized).JPGIMG_2534 (resized).JPG

IMG_2535 (resized).JPGIMG_2535 (resized).JPG

#192 7 years ago

For those of you with a Gold lockdown bar with a plug.. as you can see, the one that came with my game was a bit beat and dull. I ordered a plain black plug. I sanded down a bit with some Fine paper just to get the semi-gloss finish off of it. Then hit it with a coat of primer. Then followed it with a couple of coats of Rustoleum Metallic Gold. Then I hit it with two very light coats of Clear.

Ended up pretty decent.

Of course I found a website AFTER I did all of this that carried the Gold plugs (don't ask me which one as I can't recall..may have been overseas).. but in a pinch you can still Do It Yourself!

IMG_2661 (resized).PNGIMG_2661 (resized).PNG

#193 7 years ago

Very cool bud.

Also, I'm willing to PayPal $250 to the artist who takes the time to colorized Elvis for Colordmd. Maybe if enough Elvis fans bother or beg the Colordmd guys, they'll be inclined to borrow a game and color it.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Very cool bud.
Also, I'm willing to PayPal $250 to the artist who takes the time to colorized Elvis for Colordmd. Maybe if enough Elvis fans bother or beg the Colordmd guys, they'll be inclined to borrow a game and color it.

Oh yeah.. $250 all day long for color DMD.. I'd totally pony that up..

Will you check my chipsets above and tell me of those are current at all.. THANKS!

rob

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from RobH:

Oh yeah.. $250 all day long for color DMD.. I'd totally pony that up..
Will you check my chipsets above and tell me of those are current at all.. THANKS!
rob

I will pop my led board off tomorrow and take a look at mine.

I know I've got 4.00 ROM sets in mine and I bought 5.00 but I don't think there's any difference really.

Check out this EBay link. It details the differences in the Rom versions:

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=220891098489&category=13727&pm=1&ds=0&t=1486537379933

#196 7 years ago

I won"t buy a color dmd until I can see what the singing cut scenes look like.
They are pretty terrrible now.
Hoing to need a UHD dmd to male that blob of orange look lile Elvis.

#197 7 years ago

Colordmd has improved every blurry and blobby DMD image. I'm sure Elvis would be rocking even harder if give the Colordmd treatment.

#198 7 years ago

I believe 5.0v adds something for ticket redemption.

#199 7 years ago

I can totally be bribed with $500 to do the ColorDmd for Elvis... I did WPT and am just wrapping up my next title and looking for my next pin to do... I even have access to one... PM if serious

#200 7 years ago

PM sent.

If there are other motivated and serious Elvis owners who either already have a Colordmd in their machine like I do or who would want one then I would be happy to share the cost of hiring the above artist.

Let's be honest, Elvis is not high on Colordmd's list. This club has recently taken off and it's a fun ass hell and rocking pin but unless we incentivize an artist, it'll be low as hell on their list.

If a few of us each give $100 bucks, we'd be able to have a color display! If no one wants to put their own money up then fine, I'll do it alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.