53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg
53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4672 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 7 years ago

Picked out an apron emblem I liked:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#102 7 years ago

Looks like a repurposed belt buckle.
Love the instruction/pricing cards.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Looks like a repurposed belt buckle.
Love the instruction/pricing cards.

Ha, that's exactly what it is

#104 7 years ago

Buckles are great - excellent detail and low cost with quality...good choice.

#105 7 years ago

Has anyone out there swapped out the coin cards on the fromt of the coin door?
I was considering swapping them out to T C B with some background lightning.
With them being red I really don't know if it will look good.
Would prefer to see a pic or 2.
Looks like quite a bit of disassembly to get at them.

#106 7 years ago

Had a co-worker go to Vegas. He picked this up for $19.
A little cutting, drilling a hole and soldering some cat hair wire and bingo.

20160805_142207_(resized).jpg20160805_142207_(resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago

Love it. I make my mods from hallmark versions which are getting more expensive. This is a smaller scale but still looks good.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Has anyone out there swapped out the coin cards on the fromt of the coin door?
I was considering swapping them out to T C B with some background lightning.
With them being red I really don't know if it will look good.
Would prefer to see a pic or 2.
Looks like quite a bit of disassembly to get at them.

I swapped out the ones in my IM and they were very easy to replace. I just used an xacto knife to get the original out:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#109 7 years ago

Where did you get the iron man coindoor decal?

3 weeks later
#111 7 years ago

Is anyone running the 5.0 roms for Elvis that are for sale on EBay? I have 4.0 in my game. Does anyone know the difference? Any improvements?

#112 7 years ago

Also I noticed I have a 4.00 rom in my cpu board and a 4.01 rom in my display board. Is that odd?

I just bought a complete set of speech, cpu and display roms so they all match off eBay.

#113 7 years ago

ver 5.00

* ToPS improvements for South Africa
* fixed UK pricing #1

Dont get it unless your in South Africa and using a Tops dot topper.
Or if your in the UK and its on route.

#114 7 years ago

Yea I read that.

You think a 4.00 rom in the display and a 4.01 rom in the cpu is an issue?

#116 7 years ago

Thanks as always Robert

2 weeks later
#117 7 years ago

I picked this up yesterday. I thought it would go perfect with my pin

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Had a co-worker go to Vegas. He picked this up for $19.
A little cutting, drilling a hole and soldering some cat hair wire and bingo.

Did the same based on your work - thanks for posting as I'm not sure I would have figured it out without seeing a clear image of mounting and what type of "sign" you got! I bought one off Ebay and then cut the battery holder off. Drilled a mounting hole. Created a wiring harness and then had to find 5V to run it (it was set up to run 2 AAA batteries or 4.5v). Found a 5VDC feed from the tournament wiring and voila - in business!

#119 7 years ago

Thanks, i didn't bother with the 5v and had my tech just hook it to the GI.
Now I can get it chasing correctly.
Didn't think to look to the tourney wiring.
Besides, it took a good hour of mucking about to get it all wired correctly.
I pulled a PF bulb from under the plastic and ran my 2 wires up and reinstalled the bulb. What a pain that fine wire was.
I have another buddy from work off to Vegas this weekend so I anticipate another sign in my hand soon.
Planning on leaving a tag long enough to cover the ball lane, hopefully gettimg the switch to put somewhere along the line so I can turn it off if need be.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I pulled a PF bulb from under the plastic and ran my 2 wires up and reinstalled the bulb. What a pain that fine wire was.

Interesting ... that's the EXACT same way I routed my feed wire. Pulled a GI bulb, ran wire, re-inserted bulb!

Also, I'm surprised that the GI voltage did not simply burn the LEDs out. The sign is supplied by DC, at 4.5 volts. I think Elvis GI is 5 volts AC?

I'm no electrical engineer, maybe it doesn't matter?

Best of luck on new install

2 weeks later
#121 7 years ago

Any idea what screws into this spacer?
If it is truely empty I may have to look for another mod.

20161004_171057 (resized).jpg20161004_171057 (resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago

Its a stock anti ball trap. I use it to hold one of my elvis figures feet. I put mcfarlane rockabilly elvis there.

#123 7 years ago

I was leaning toward a guitar or bullet riddled pantera/tv...
With the dancing Elvis right there I wouldn't want to steal from the show.

#124 7 years ago

Id save your jailhouse plastic... take off and add two small post rubbers under the bracket then re install. The rubbers will act like shock absorbers when the air balls hit.

#125 7 years ago

I looked at the pinballlife replacement jailhouse rock but the shipping to Canada was around $40 for a $10 item.....
I was considering removing it but its pretty torqued on.
Can't say I have had an airball on Elvis yet.
I get them on Nascar pretty regularly. Crashing is just part of racing.

#126 7 years ago

My first E had a broken jail house and I bought a new one....seems they are long gone now.
That lock shot is a straight hard shot be careful.

3 weeks later
#127 7 years ago

Anyone know what the adult content is on Elvis? I noticed it in the adjustments, but didn't think this game had that option. Anyway, mine is set to yes, but nothing is standing out.

#128 7 years ago

I believe he says Dammit ...man I have to spend some time with E its been a while.

#129 7 years ago

Fellow Pinsider was asking how I mounted the Elvis sign. Here are the images. See the blue circle for the two wires I hooked it into. They might be part of the Tournament bundle but the yellow indicator tag does not include these two wires in the bundle. Also included some pics of how I mounted it and if you look close, how I cut the bottom (battery pack of original Elvis sign).

20161029_221215 (resized).jpg20161029_221215 (resized).jpg

20161029_220643 (resized).jpg20161029_220643 (resized).jpg20161029_220753 (resized).jpg20161029_220753 (resized).jpg20161029_220622 (resized).jpg20161029_220622 (resized).jpg20161029_220632 (resized).jpg20161029_220632 (resized).jpg20161029_220613 (resized).jpg20161029_220613 (resized).jpg

#130 7 years ago

Brass balls!!!!

IMG_8281 (resized).JPGIMG_8281 (resized).JPG

#131 7 years ago

I also finally got around to putting in Hooked's LE apron:

IMG_8287 (resized).JPGIMG_8287 (resized).JPG

IMG_8286 (resized).JPGIMG_8286 (resized).JPG

#132 7 years ago

From where? Those look sweet!

1 month later
#134 7 years ago

These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather. Can be used on any title.

1 week later
#135 7 years ago

Very excited to finally get this back from Joey over at Pinballdecals. I sent him two standard upper playfields flippers and bought two of his gold flippers to go with the other gold flippers on the playfields and he put the gold flipper on the longer shaft. Nice.

IMG_8841 (resized).JPGIMG_8841 (resized).JPG

IMG_8842 (resized).JPGIMG_8842 (resized).JPG

IMG_8843 (resized).JPGIMG_8843 (resized).JPG

IMG_8845 (resized).JPGIMG_8845 (resized).JPG

IMG_8840 (resized).JPGIMG_8840 (resized).JPG

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Very excited to finally get this back from Joey over at Pinballdecals. I sent him two standard upper playfields flippers and bought two of his gold flippers to go with the other gold flippers on the playfields and he put the gold flipper on the longer shaft. Nice.

Looks awesome. I should do that with mine, the other three are gold, and that one is white.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Looks awesome. I should do that with mine, the other three are gold, and that one is white.

Yea exactly. It annoyed me. I tried spray painting the long flipper gold and another in red but they were just place holders while he made me the gold one.

It was a huge exercise in patience though. I sent him the money and parts in March and didn't get them back till the other day when I posted. He mentioned something about not being able to do what was needed until a large quantity of items were available for the process.

I do have a spare gold upper playfield flipper. I had planned on keeping it but maybe I could sell it. Considering I had to buy a white upper playfield flipper from PBL, mail it to Pinballdecals, buy his gold flipper and wait almost the whole year for it, I wouldnt sell my spare for cheap.

#138 7 years ago

Oh and if anyone is interested in a brassed apron for their Elvis. Just let me know. I have one for sale:

IMG_8039 (resized).PNGIMG_8039 (resized).PNG

IMG_8040 (resized).PNGIMG_8040 (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
#139 7 years ago

I am swapping out rubber today.
Can't figure out how to get under the upper playfield.
How much tear down does it take to get the upper pf off?
Should I be removing the ramps? The ramp exits wire forms?
The top of the machine is pretty packed with stuff.
Ideas?
Someone has to have replaced all the rubber.

#140 7 years ago

Ramps off and flipper bat out ...yes. I shopped my first e years ago. I believe the hotel shell has to come off also. If you go.that far check you hotel target adjustment. Mine had some ball smashed bracket from what I remember.

#141 7 years ago

I managed to loosen the hotel side and the upper slid out.
What a pain.
I had 1 nut/bolt bolt up by the flipper I ended up dropping under the top lwft plastic. Luckily I had a spare bolt and didn't have to try to get at the nut under the back of the left ramp.
Wow. I do not want to do that again.
3.5 hours for a rubber swap.
At least it will go faster in the future.

#142 7 years ago

Anyone looking for some bling for their Elvis, look no further.

These are going to go perfect on my brassed Elvis. The hardest part is going to be picking a set.

Check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they’re-back-custom-chrome-cap-decals-for-pop-bumpers-metal-modsco

IMG_9166 (resized).JPGIMG_9166 (resized).JPG

IMG_9168 (resized).JPGIMG_9168 (resized).JPG

IMG_9167 (resized).JPGIMG_9167 (resized).JPG

IMG_9169 (resized).JPGIMG_9169 (resized).JPG

#143 7 years ago

Those will look nice on a Elvis

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

These are going to go perfect on my brassed Elvis. The hardest part is going to be picking a set.

It's gotta be Elvis!!!

#145 7 years ago

Grinder - my parents are from memphis. Both went to Humes High when Elvis was there. Both lived close to the Presleys, and his aunt lived right next door to my dad. She used to keep him, my grandmother was friends with her, and oh man the stories i've heard. Here's a personal one when that happened years later:

When i was a kid we visited Graceland. We went into the garage and there sat the famous pink cadillac. My grandma says, "There's the car that Gladys pulled up in front of our house in one day - she was visiting her sister (or vernon's sister, i don't know which). She got out and was yelling to us, 'Elvis just bought this for me! Elvis just bought this car for me!'

I read that you are a germantown policeman. Did you know of Steve Bramlet? He was my cousin. He spent his entire career as a memphis policeman, died young three or so years ago. A zillion cops came to his funeral. It was impressive.

Your machine looks great. I want an Elvis and an IM the most. I have no pins yet tho. Sounds like our tastes in pins are very similar.

Your posts and others here are awesome.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Ricflair:

Grinder - my parents are from memphis. Both went to Humes High when Elvis was there. Both lived close to the Presleys, and his aunt lived right next door to my dad. She used to keep him, my grandmother was friends with her, and oh man the stories i've heard. Here's a personal one when that happened years later:
When i was a kid we visited Graceland. We went into the garage and there sat the famous pink cadillac. My grandma says, "There's the car that Gladys pulled up in front of our house in one day - she was visiting her sister (or vernon's sister, i don't know which). She got out and was yelling to us, 'Elvis just bought this for me! Elvis just bought this car for me!'
I read that you are a germantown policeman. Did you know of Steve Bramlet? He was my cousin. He spent his entire career as a memphis policeman, died young three or so years ago. A zillion cops came to his funeral. It was impressive.
Your machine looks great. I want an Elvis and an IM the most. I have no pins yet tho. Sounds like our tastes in pins are very similar.
Your posts and others here are awesome.

Wow! Thanks so much man. No, I live in Germantown but work for the Sheriff's Office. I've been with them for over ten years now. Bramlett sounds familiar but I can't place his face. I'm on the colorguard/honorguard team so it's possible I was at his funeral.

Your story is a great one. My mom raised me on Elvis and is a huge fan. My wife's family, the Lanskys, had a business connection that is very well known in the city.

My IM is bolted to the floor. I'm biased but I feel like my Elvis is a strong contender for best in show but I've been contemplating trading the Elvis for a comic theme like an X-Men LE or a Spider-Man VE. Maybe. I really like my three pin line up and Elvis might get the most positive comments out of all three.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Pip:

i've never been to graceland, on the elvis machine i own...i can get every goal except blue suede shoes..any suggestions on how to do it???????????

Wow no one answered this guys' question. You have to hit the loop shot X amount of times bud to get Blue Suede Shoes. It's not easy.

#148 7 years ago

I know very well of Lansky Brothers. My dad always told me about it, and that Elvis got his clothes there. No real elvis fan is unaware of Lansky's!!!!!

I think Steve Bramlett was with the Sheriff's office. Pretty sure he lived in Germantown, or close. Great guy. Loved his job. Left some great kids behind, sadly.

#149 7 years ago

I just starting getting into the game i picked up.
Just love the upper right flipper loop shot!

It fills my joy as being close to the only thing i liked in Star Trek!

My apologies if this has been asked, but will Pinball browser work with this?

Much better game than it gets credit for.
Im very surprised, and thouroughly pleased!

Kudos to my friend Curly, at Little Shop of Games for making it happen

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I just starting getting into the game i picked up.
Just love the upper right flipper loop shot!
It fills my joy as being close to the only thing i liked in Star Trek!
My apologies if this has been asked, but will Pinball browser work with this?
Much better game than it gets credit for.
Im very surprised, and thouroughly pleased!
Kudos to my friend Curly, at Little Shop of Games for making it happen

Welcome to our little club Art. E! Could only get better if someone could add full tracts to the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.