them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

That barcade obviously did not take the time to fix a simple ball hang up. They also sold it before the code advanced to even remotely close to what it is now. Just sayin...

Not sure what barcade it was, but if you are making your judgement off the one time you played one which was on early code and had a non-adressed ball hangup... then that gives your opinion minimal weight. JMHO

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All issues were fixed. It just wasn't earning at all. 2 months of being the bottom of the barrel of 8 games at the location got it the axe. Had it earned well it would still be there today.

yeah, I figured that was the case.

Entirely different reality than what who-dey was speaking

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it.

Not earning well = sell it. We went down a similar road. I actually think it would do fine on route with current code. We just could not wait it out from a finacial stand point.

#384 7 years ago

surprised nobody has spoken about the best thing...

Spooky can now do LARGE vac formed ramps!

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Gee, maybe he can help Starship Fantasy do more than sell Pinball Inc's remaining inventory that they bought out a couple years ago.
Remember when BSD ramps were "one of the next 5 projects" and we all could not believe it was going to happen?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-retire-from-pinball-inc-ramp-manufacturing-its-been-a-blast?tq=bsd&tu#post-1572058
Yeah, me too.
I know, it's totally offtopic, but damn man, BSD ramps have been on a massive backburner. If Spooky can do big ramps, I know I'd buy a new one for my BSD plus a spare in a heartbeat.
Wouldn't. Think. Twice.

off topic but a GREAT idea! It seems that is what homepin is doing to help keep bringing money in. Only seems logical that Spooky could bring in additional funds by making some badly needed ramps for other games.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wonder if rick got ramp molds in his gene haul.

He did (or somebody did before hand; maybe pinball ramps prior to them selling off). I was down there just prior to the bankruptcy forced liquidation and there were a few pallets of ramps molds.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

You are not far off. Let me help you...
Cost to build is actually going to be close to $3800 per machine after adding toys and finishing touches. The license cost for 300 machines is in your range (good guess). Assuming an average selling price (1/2 at wholesale and 1/2 at retail) of $5875 and that 1/2 of the customers will pay by credit card, that takes another $27,000 in credit card fees. We also have advertising costs and warranty costs. The total return of the project is a roughly $400,000 over 4 years if it is successful. Keep in mind, we have been paying out money for R&D and license fees for 2 years already.
If you want to put up $500,000 of your money to build a pinball machine and sell it with no profit, that's your choice.
If you want to buy the machine but think the price is too high, call us to work out a trade or cash price like many other Pinsiders do.
As for why 300 machines? It is all that we can reasonably get built before the license expires. By then, they will all be sold to happy buyers.
Calling someone greedy suggests they are being selfish with their choices and that's just rude. I have a tough skin and like who I am as a person, so it really doesn't bother me that you think I'm greedy. I did this project for all the families that call me wanting something for the kids to play and their feedback means the most to me. I would love to sell the machine for much less, but it wasn't in the cards.
NIC

thanks for sharing some real numbers. Rare that we get to hear stuff like this. Good luck in your venture and I hope it works out well for you! We need more people with the capital willing to take the risk while also supporting spooky. I admire your desire to do what you love and put your money behind it to try and grow your business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.