them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#755 6 years ago

Only problem with the machine right now is the price. This should be similar to that home pin that stern made and priced around $3500-4K. They would sell at this price.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The lack of callouts doesn't help it appeal-wise either.

I spoke with Pinball Company a while back and was told they were working on acquiring more fallouts and sounds in code update, not sure if this ever happened or will happen.

You have to wonder what this machine really cost to develop and what kind of margin they have at 6k. Compared to the competition, this is no more than a 4K machine if that.

Seems to me they are trying to gouge the crap out of everyone on each machine they sell so they don't have to eat the development cost, I think a whole 6 pinsiders are shown owning this title.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

100 production games made. 1 sent to Hanna-Barbara for approval that they keep and 1 development machine at Spooky and no more will be made.
Yes, the game is sorely lacking in the callout department. Custom voice callouts are in the neighborhood of $3k for EACH character and they won't allow voice imposters like Stern uses. They also will not allow ripped speech from episodes to be included in the game. Again - license restrictions hurt a final product. Last I heard from the boss man, he will pay for 1 character to act as a narrator similar to walking dead for the jackpot, , super jackpot, shoot here and here, and other similar callouts. I do not have a timeframe for when this might happen though. Out of my hands.
1 went to Japan and 6 went to somewhere in eastern Europe not too long ago.

3k for a single character isn't bad if it makes the machine sell. Or lower the price a bit to fall in line where it should be.

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I don't disagree with you in the least. Initially, when we developed it, the target price was $4500MSRP. But as the license renewels came and cost of parts and production along with the limited run, the cost went up higher than we wanted.

I agree. It's between Rudi or Rosie. I would lean towards Rudi, myself. Be great to have rudy, George and spacely. If my powerball numbers some up, i'll pay to have all the characters in it!

It's a shame about the price, at $4000-$4500 I think a lot of people would be interested and perhaps it wouldn't have needed to be as small of a run. That is a pricepoint that would get a lot of people back into NIB machines.

Any idea how many they actually have sold domestically?

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Mr. Spacely might be an interesting choice. Basically have the machine bossing you around.

Spacely bossing you around to make shots would probably be the most fitting.

8 months later
#772 5 years ago

Any updates ever done to the Jetsons code? If not anything still in the works?

8 months later
#781 4 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I always thought this would be a great game to tinker with the code to add callouts and music from the show. I don't have one though so no idea how to test that.

About a year ago I sent an inquiry to Pinball Company and they claimed there was an update coming with some more assets to be added.

I’m guessing this never happened?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.