them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 7 years ago

Love the theme, was bummed its more of a zizzle type game (especially for $6K??).

Perhaps now that the theme is licensed they'll also be a full featured version??

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kids don't watch Boomerang. Most kids today are completely unaware of The Jetsons. They'd know the Flintstones - if anything because of Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles cereal. Cartoons on a kid's radar would be the current shows on Nickelodeon, Disney & Cartoon Network.

The jetsons movie was on netflix recently. Kids watched it. Liked it.

They'd have no idea what a flintstones is. Other than a cereal character...MAYBE.

Kids are amazing with what they end up watching. TV appointment viewing is dead. Its all netflix, Amazon prime, hulu and whatever the cable box brings up when they ask it 'show me kids shows'...

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Here are the stats of The Jetsons Facebook page. I'm sure you'd find 300 buyers just from that group..

No doubt.

Imagine if they had a full featured pin at that price point? Orders for Aerosmith would be yanked thats for sure....

1 week later
#587 7 years ago

elvira? eesh. Honestly, how many pins does a washed up C actress do we need?

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How many comments do we need from a washed up pinball player?

apparently just over 17,000...

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Apparently 3!
Boob's sell, ask Hugh Hefner!

I've never really been one for skin stretched over inanimate objects but I'm weird like that!

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So you don't like boobs, butts, or any other physical feature involving skin. Got it.

I don't consider bone, muscle, fat inanimate...Rubber, plastic, metal? Yep.

To each their own.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel the same way, but on the other hand nobody is forcing any of us to buy it.
The more themes they release that we have zero interest in, the more money we can keep in our pockets.
Try to look on the bright side.

Completely agree. Just think the elvira fascination is bizarre at this stage of the game. But hey, the cryptkeeper(s) just got another game at stern (Aerosmith) so nothing is off the table!

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball is going through a retro theme faze right now with no real end in sight. But hey, if that's what the people are buying, then who can really argue with that.
I bought a Batman myself mostly because I like the music and it turns out to be a great shooting game. And in ten years there won't be much difference between a 50 year old theme it is now vs. a 60 year old theme it will be then.

I hear you. Just seems odd to me. Elvira is more on the level of doctor demento than Batman IMO...Doctor Demento....Hmmmmm

#601 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's basically down to whatever can keep pinball alive right now. I've resigned myself to there's no use fighting it, just pick whatever suits you the most and go with it. Batman, even with it's beta code, is getting a lot of play from everybody that comes over.
If Batman's not your thing, you can get Aerosmith, Jetsons, or even Elvira. Or you can choose to keep your wallet closed. Either way, you still have made a choice.

Goonies would be good...ET? How about an Atari themed pin with video modes? Retro arcade pin? Retro pin pin? Updated Football pin? Updated BTTF? lots of good retro material out there IMO...

Anyway I get it. In 2 years when batman code is done I'll grab one...Love the theme.

#607 7 years ago

That picture was taken before I was born.

Shes as relevant (and good looking) today as Dr. Demento...And he has zero pins!

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it's not the actress, it's the character of Elvira. No one is more washed up than Kiss, but it's not the 78 year old dudes you're looking at, it's the characters and iconography they carry; and tons of people bought them.
GB actors are all dead or 80 y/o, no one gives a shit; it's based on the characters not the real people.
Don't know why that's so hard to grasp.

I get nostalgia. But Elvira never was KISS, or GB or even Dr. demento. She was a late night TV show host (at her height).

I didn't mean to trigger so many people and I appologize for that. I just think its weird there will be 3 elvira pins and 0 dr demento or pauly shore pins (just naming contemporaries)

#628 7 years ago

I'd buy a cousin oliver pin but I'd like to see a brady bunch pin first...

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

What makes the Elvira pins so loved is not just the sex appeal. It's the sass, the humour and innuendo. The combination of which makes for a unique pinball machine.

I get it. I enjoyed my scared stiff. Just not seeing the reason for 3 pins on the same theme. It's not like there's new material.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.