them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcompany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#406 7 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. This game was originally targeted at $3500-$4500, but pinball is expensive. Warner Brothers license is not cheap nor is the music. I also wanted to support Spooky Pinball and make sure they made some money to help grow their business. Our customers are loving this machine already and we haven't even shown any gameplay videos, the color display content, or added the toys to the playfield. This game will be an impressive addition to any lineup, but I understand it's not cheap enough or deep enough for everyone to buy one. However, I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it. It will be at TPF and I'm donating one to the PHOF in Vegas for all to enjoy. Pinside is a great resource and community. So glad it exists!

NIC

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Working on making this look like $6000....to be continued.

I think Matt at Back Alley Creations will do a great job, but I'm sure he'll consider your requests!

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is the blurred out part to the right of the ramp been confirmed as a plastic or is it something that can't be revealed yet? Just doesn't look right, it has that photoshopped to keep something secret to reveal later feel

It's a colored plastic to hide switch and such.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Here is my guesstimate on Pinball Companies new contract build investment...
Cost to build and develop 300 units from Spooky=$1,000,000 or $ 3333.00 per unit
Licensing fee for Jetsons (thirty year old franchise with little relevance in today's society) $50,000-$70,000K-Mabye

You are not far off. Let me help you...

Cost to build is actually going to be close to $3800 per machine after adding toys and finishing touches. The license cost for 300 machines is in your range (good guess). Assuming an average selling price (1/2 at wholesale and 1/2 at retail) of $5875 and that 1/2 of the customers will pay by credit card, that takes another $27,000 in credit card fees. We also have advertising costs and warranty costs. The total return of the project is a roughly $400,000 over 4 years if it is successful. Keep in mind, we have been paying out money for R&D and license fees for 2 years already.

If you want to put up $500,000 of your money to build a pinball machine and sell it with no profit, that's your choice.
If you want to buy the machine but think the price is too high, call us to work out a trade or cash price like many other Pinsiders do.

As for why 300 machines? It is all that we can reasonably get built before the license expires. By then, they will all be sold to happy buyers.

Calling someone greedy suggests they are being selfish with their choices and that's just rude. I have a tough skin and like who I am as a person, so it really doesn't bother me that you think I'm greedy. I did this project for all the families that call me wanting something for the kids to play and their feedback means the most to me. I would love to sell the machine for much less, but it wasn't in the cards.

NIC

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks for posting here Nic.
I would love to see this game do well and the professionalism shown in your responses in top notch.
I keep seeing a spaceship (on a spring mechanism) above the pop bumpers that jiggles when you are in there. My idea of a toy worthy of a wow factor when playing.
That small type of interactivity, even it only moved when you nudged the game (no coil) , would bring the perceived value of this game in line with the price. There are many other possibilities, this is my thought , as an example.
Does that type of mechanism (or other basic interactive toy) break the budget , so to speak.?
Can you elaborate on what we will see in regards to toys on the playfield?

Yes, the toys will impress you. I'm just hoping WB approves them and then we can show them off!

NIC

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank you Nic. Awesome work.
The nay Sayers should go away and not buy it then. 300 will go fast.
This game screams for side blades in cabinet. Would love for that to be secured before license expires. I gladly pay more for them.
Shaker motor? Would also be simple improvement.

Thanks for the support and the side blades will be included

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My question is, what type of rules will be involved? Is there a framework such that a skilled player can still be challenged at the same time having enough front end fun for lower level players?

I wanted the rules and layout to be simple, but by all accounts it is super fast and will keep you wanting more. I think it will be enough game for most pinball players. I can't wait for more and more people to play it and give their feedback!

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you know for example will it have Wizard modes, multi balls, and maybe feature adjustments like a real pinball machine which can be tweaked as needed?
also, is the price including shipping?

Yes, it has multiball modes and a wizard mode. I'm not sure what adjustments can be made to the features as I do not have a game here to play with yet. Shipping is not included in the price, but it can be picked up at Spooky or The Pinball Company.

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any chance one of these will be available to play at CAX or PAGG?

I'm hoping someone volunteers to bring one to all the shows. I know we have TPF planned for sure.

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

That is awesome news. I am already buying toys. Hopefully, I will find a spot for this one. It just came today

Nice!

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

One suggestion...
PLEASE tell me that Spacely yelling "Jetson---yourb-b-b-b-b-b-b're fired!" is the call out for the tilt sound.

Send Jetsons callout suggestions to [email protected].

Include character and what you want them to say. Keep it clean enough to get WB/Hanna-Barbera approval.

NIC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcompany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=pinballcompany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.