them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Yep. When my dad was purchasing the hobbit, I told him numerous times there are better deals out there and that sales tax in MO will be added as well. His response: "I don't care, I've dealt with Nic before and know that he will deliver and set up the machine for us and be there if there are any problems."
Like I said above, he makes it super easy for non-pinball people to have hassle free transactions. And his customer relationships are great.

Simply put.. retail vs wholesale.

The collector community buys all second hand and wholesale prices. You can't compare the 'take home' price of a Stern Pro through distribution to the price at retail. Completely different buying experiences, completely different audience, completely different expectations.

If you don't buy retail.. its full cold stop on this title. It's not aimed for you, and you won't be able to whine it into what you want.

What I find most intriguing is why TPC doesn't see Stern's offering fitting this need. Its way cheaper, it's theme still hits all the marks (Marvel appeals to both old and young), and at least aims for the right balance of complexity.

Is Spiderman..
Too complex to maintain?
Too complex of software?
Too 'boy' and not family?
Is it 'too cheaply made'?
Is there simply not enough margin in it for you?

I am curious how they pitch $6000 vs $3800 when they (today) sell both.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well if the pinball company really sells pins for the prices on their website then they will sell this pin at 6k easy. I can't believe some of those prices as they are some of the highest ive ever seen. Then you have the so called super high end restored pins.... like a 13k funhouse thats not even as nice as the one i just got for a half of that price and 6500 Mustang pro . It makes a nib Jetsons pin look like a killer deal so .....

You didn't buy retail.

Retailers offer other services. Retailers have overhead. Retailers are for profit, not just selling to buy the next title. It's apples and oranges.

We all buy second hand and wholesale because we assume the risks. Retail customers and retailers themselves have different needs.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know its just crazy and unbelievable .... more power to anyone that can get that much . Just surprised is all...good for them

'get that much' - you may think as more profit.. but you aren't writing the rent check either

It's like comparing eating at home vs what you pay at the restaurant.. you aren't really give him any credit for covering costs and services you don't need/want when eating at home.

Retail pin prices are ALWAYS nuts to anyone who can work on things themselves. Been that way for decades. Let's not act like TPC is somehow unique here.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The sole reason for the 300 limit in my opinion is to try and create a sense of rarity and therefore more demand than supply, therefore justifying the high price.

Or.. maybe something to do with Spooky's capacity? You know the thing they used to cap the production on their last title too? And the thing Charlie has said he wants to keep to sustainable growth?

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Last time I visited Spooky Pinball, I had a chance to check the game out. In fact, Charlie wanted me to nit pick everything. And I did. There were a few things I pointed out, but Charlie was aware of most of them.
This is, after all, a prototype. It's the first one. For anyone who's built a pinball machine from the ground up, (yeah, I didn't thing there were many here that have) there are a million and five things to think about. And just when you have the million worked out, you forget about the five.
Charlie and the guys are more than happy to get constructive criticism. Seriously, that's how things improve.

The pointed end of the slingshot plastics pointing down towards the flippers seemed like it was screaming to be snapped.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The question is what is an acceptable price for what you are actually getting and what is an acceptable profit margin to manufacture and invest?

Well when you put YOUR million+ out there hanging.. waiting to sell and see what you are left with at the end. Let us know. Because when they fail.. no one says "good try kid, here is your money back"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.