them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgoett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

Mods:
ebay.com link: 2008 Hallmark The Jetsons George on the Dog Walk with Sound

ebay.com link: 2010 Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Rosie The Robot The Jetsons

ebay.com link: Hanna Barbera The Jetsons 2 Collector Action Figure 6 Pack

ebay.com link: HOT WHEELS THE JETSONS CAPSOLE CAR 2015 HW CITY 1 64

Initial development had the hot wheels capsule car behind the captive ball sort of like bumblebee in transformers. The car just didn't hold up well with bashing. Then it was considered to be like bart simpson and sit above the plastic and move when the captive ball was hit but this got cut for whatever reason, too.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

This should do well for the home market of non hardcore pinball people. I.e.:the casual player.

And that's exactly what it was developed for. Nic came to me [and ngoett] to develop this game because at the time all he had to sell was Walking dead, Metallica, ACDC, etc. Believe it or not, people with small children don't want those themes in their house. He wanted something easy to repair IE reliable, fairly easy to start multiball, but hard enough to keep interest.

at the same time, I wanted to make the rules interesting enough to not be a vacation America or "the pin" [not counting the new spidey - I think it's on par with what we have here playwise] and be interesting for real pinball players. That wasn't an easy thing to balance.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's likely all parties will do just fine on Jetsons even if 0.0 of these machines end up in Pinsider homes. And for all the bitching I'm sure a few of them will trickle in to those anyway.

Good logic. People are free to express their opinions, but I'm curious why people who came here, saw the photos, belittled it and gave their opinion, must keep coming back to pile on. I guess that's just what some on pinside do. I can name 5 people that used to be contributing members here that next to never come on pinside anymore. Only use it as a reference. It really is becoming as bad as RGP.

I wasn't interested in Dialed In. I commented in the thread about my likes and dislikes and guess what? I've never been in the thread again. So buy it - don't buy it, whatever. As its been said 100 times already, the game wasn't meant or designed for pinsiders. Was it announced here by TPC? Nope - it was announced on the companies Facebook page.

2 months later
#709 7 years ago

On the videos I've seen, the Elroy shot isn't this wild. Perhaps there's some tweaking that needs done.

#712 7 years ago

that shot in flinstones has a plastic teardrop in the middle of the loop to act as an inner ball guide. maybe this needs one.

1 month later
#735 6 years ago

spot on dgarrett.

1 month later
#737 6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=93hpflGJVUM

Fawzma and I have been working hard on code [well he has] over the last 2 weeks and it's getting there.

Here's a gameplay video in it's current state as of 7/23/2017.
A few more changes and tweaks coming but thought I'd share.

6 months later
#760 6 years ago

100 production games made. 1 sent to Hanna-Barbara for approval that they keep and 1 development machine at Spooky and no more will be made.
Yes, the game is sorely lacking in the callout department. Custom voice callouts are in the neighborhood of $3k for EACH character and they won't allow voice imposters like Stern uses. They also will not allow ripped speech from episodes to be included in the game. Again - license restrictions hurt a final product. Last I heard from the boss man, he will pay for 1 character to act as a narrator similar to walking dead for the jackpot, , super jackpot, shoot here and here, and other similar callouts. I do not have a timeframe for when this might happen though. Out of my hands.

1 went to Japan and 6 went to somewhere in eastern Europe not too long ago.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Or lower the price a bit to fall in line where it should be.

I don't disagree with you in the least. Initially, when we developed it, the target price was $4500MSRP. But as the license renewels came and cost of parts and production along with the limited run, the cost went up higher than we wanted.

Quoted from epthegeek:

If Nic is willing to pay for a single character, I'd recommend RUDI, George's work computer. He'd be a good fit for a narrator.

I agree. It's between Rudi or Rosie. I would lean towards Rudi, myself. Be great to have rudy, George and spacely. If my powerball numbers some up, i'll pay to have all the characters in it!

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's perhaps a bit simplistic, but I have fun whenever I'm playing it.

I think it's simple, but hard at the same time. And it's quite fun to reach EEP-OPP. A wizard mode that's attainable but not every time [damn Orbitty and Elroy].
The rules are pretty complete I think. Love when you qualify to start Spacey vs. Cogswell, that the faster you start the mode, the higher your jackpots will be. When playing competitively it's imperative to get the jackpot as high as possible and MAKE the shots.
I enjoy it but I co-designed it so I'm pretty biased. lol
Callouts would finish the machine off nicely and I REALLY hope they get done soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgoett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=dgoett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.