them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will this be the same price point as sterns home game 3900$ with shipping

I'm gonna guess no. Probably $5500.

#64 7 years ago

They have a model. People will buy it or they won't.

They haven't had trouble selling their other games in limited numbers at these prices, so good luck to them.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The more actual new pinball machines actually for sale the actual better!

That's not necessarily true obviously, for consumers or the industry. There were more home video games available than ever in 1983.

It didn't end well for a large portion of those cranking them out, or consumers for that matter.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All issues were fixed. It just wasn't earning at all. 2 months of being the bottom of the barrel of 8 games at the location got it the axe. Had it earned well it would still be there today.

This the one at Legaacy?

It wasn't working when I was there so I didn't get a chance to play it.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Just wasn't earning. I would've liked to get more play on it to see how the game evolved but totally understand it having to be moved out. Tri Zone might have had more money put into it since it's came in RZ's spot. Haha. B66 is going there this week to replace Tri Zone so we will see how that stacks up.

I wish that Tri-Zone was there when I visited! Never played that one.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super impressed that Spooky has finished another game, real accomplishment. They're making it look easy, and it's not.

They are right? Lost in the usual barrage of bullshit is the fact that once more, they announce and reveal an actual completed game that is ready for purchase without asking for money to actually produce the game.

It's impressive but nobody cares. They'd be better off with pie and the sky "innovation" and pre-orders, at least for initial response.

#330 7 years ago

There's at least one lonely 40-something here who really into Pokemon, so shouldn't come as a surprise.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just so people understand, this game was not Charlie's idea. It was Nic's. Nic is the one who came to Charlie. All Charlie had to do was help with design and coding and build them, of course.
What other pinball manufacturer would be willing to this? None that I can think of. This fits Charlie's business model perfectly. I think he's the only one small enough and flexible enough to take something like this on. That, and he's the nicest guy in the world and about as easy to work with as they come.

It appears the only other company willing and able to do this is Stern, and even then (PBR) is just a rebranding of a game they already produced. Spooky seems to have carved out a nice little niche here that is outside of the collector hobby so good for them. It's likely all parties will do just fine on Jetsons even if 0.0 of these machines end up in Pinsider homes. And for all the bitching I'm sure a few of them will trickle in to those anyway.

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What I find most intriguing is why TPC doesn't see Stern's offering fitting this need.

I guess they wanted a Jetsons game, which Stern doesn't have, and they wanted to/were able to deal with Spooky, who Stern isn't.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#360 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just the pop area and 3 targets in front resemble bsd imo. Bsd has a ton of toys and mechs. Definitely looks like lw3 imo

But LW3 looks just like T2!!!

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

cuz AFM is the most empty cheapest feeling B/W ever made. It barely has anything on it. Name one B/W title that has less and feels more econoline than AFM?

Nobody cares. It's an awesome game and it will never get old, unlike your endless "AFM is an Econoline" posts. And it doesn't "feel" cheap, you must be mistaking that with one of the "cardboard cab" recent games.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One ramp is a demerit and really can't imagine a second ramp would cost much at all.

Yeah everybody knows ramps are free.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did I say that? Maybe $20 on a $6000 machine.

$20?!

That's basically free!

I can't believe they didn't spring for the extra $20 per game so Jetsons could have two ramps.

Lame.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Working on making this look like $6000....to be continued.

Lookin' sweet bro!

Add a couple $20 ramps and we'll really be cooking with gas!

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sorry but I am calling bs on this one. Here is my guesstimate on Pinball Companies new contract build investment...
Cost to build and develop 300 units from Spooky=$1,000,000 or $ 3333.00 per unit
Licensing fee for Jetsons (thirty year old franchise with little relevance in today's society) $50,000-$70,000K-Mabye
Now let's do the math on sales pricing:
First 100 at $5900=$590,000
Second 100 at $6499=$649,900
Third 100 at $6999=$699,900
For a grand total of $1,939,800
less cost of build=$1,070,000
Total estimated profit for Pinball Company=$869,800 not too shabby

These completely made-up and based upon absolutely nothing numbers are SHOCKING to me!!!!

Unless someone else can come up with their own made up numbers based upon nothing, I'm taking this dude's side here. Without another imaginary bill of materials to refute this one, IT'S GREED PEOPLE!!! Just look at the numbers!!!

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When is the unveiling of this game? Will it be unveiled at The Pinball Company or at a pinball show in the near future?

They'd have to be idiots to reveal this game at a pinball show. Why in God's name would they do that, given the expected and inevitable response from a bunch of people they aren't trying to sell this to anyway?

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Surprised they are listening to Pinside and the complaints and adding some little things. It was stated that this pin was being made for the pinball company and its retail customers that really dont care about toys, rules and price as much? .

What are you talking about? They never said they were adding anything because of pinside whining, they simply pointed out that the game pictured on the flyer is missing a few things that are still being approved.

You really seem to have it out for these guys. If you would have asked me if Pinball Company should have posted in this thread at all, I'd have said no, that will be a terrible mistake and nothing good can come of it. There's a reason why none of the pinball companies want their reps posting here and it's being proven in this thread.

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I know it would probably turn into a logistical nightmare; but in theory could 300 guys get together to make a pinball machine for $4,000 to $5,000?

No.

I can't theorize a single situation in which this could actually work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments
Pinball Machine
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.