JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Since they have the license, it would have been nice to have this as the "Entry level" machine and also have an "LE" Full Feature machine as well....

Agreed... cool theme as i watched alot of Jetsons as a kid..

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know its just crazy and unbelievable .... more power to anyone that can get that much . Just surprised is all...good for them

'get that much' - you may think as more profit.. but you aren't writing the rent check either

It's like comparing eating at home vs what you pay at the restaurant.. you aren't really give him any credit for covering costs and services you don't need/want when eating at home.

Retail pin prices are ALWAYS nuts to anyone who can work on things themselves. Been that way for decades. Let's not act like TPC is somehow unique here.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Are you new here?

No, just exhausted.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's at least one lonely 40-something here who really into Pokemon, so shouldn't come as a surprise.

Only reason I'm lonely is 'cause I lost two in laws in the course of a year, not cause my Pokémons won't hatch or anything. See you next Tuesday!

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

'get that much' - you may think as more profit.. but you aren't writing the rent check either
It's like comparing eating at home vs what you pay at the restaurant.. you aren't really give him any credit for covering costs and services you don't need/want when eating at home.
Retail pin prices are ALWAYS nuts to anyone who can work on things themselves. Been that way for decades. Let's not act like TPC is somehow unique here.

More surprised people wld pay 16k for a basic restored 1995 afm... i get they can ask whatever thats fine and why not? . Id just think most their customers wld buy a nib pin for half that price. This is the reason the jetsons will sell bc a nib at 6 k looks like a steal compared to old 90s pins without color screen and thing's. This was the point of my original post but bc bits and pieces only got picked out and quoted the original intention of it got lost.

#355 7 years ago

I think it's pretty cool that a company that sells arcade games for a living was able to get a license and game design and manage to find someone (Spooky) to bring it to life. That has to be a dream come true for TPC. Congrats on making it happen and I'm sure you know your market well enough that it will be successful. If not, you still made your own pinball machine. Not a lot people can claim that.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I wasn't interested in Dialed In. I commented in the thread about my likes and dislikes and guess what? I've never been in the thread again.

Why is drive-by posting any better? If you're not going to stick around to continue the discussion, the initial post is meaningless.

#357 7 years ago

That art package is just awesome. The color scheme is beautiful, lots going on, and it feels totally laid out with the playfield in mind as the canvas (rather than randomly cut and paste stock Spiderman pictures for example).

Funny how people see shades of different games looking at something new whether it's LW3 or Rocky and Bullwinkle. I instantly thought it looked like BSD.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

That art package is just awesome. The color scheme is beautiful, lots going on, and it feels totally laid out with the playfield in mind as the canvas (rather than randomly cut and paste stock Spiderman pictures for example).
Funny how people see shades of different games looking at something new whether it's LW3 or Rocky and Bullwinkle. I instantly thought it looked like BSD.

Just the pop area and 3 targets in front resemble bsd imo. Bsd has a ton of toys and mechs. Definitely looks like lw3 imo

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My next game isn't Bible Adventures or Scooby Doo.

Not Bible Adventures?!

God Damnit!

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just the pop area and 3 targets in front resemble bsd imo. Bsd has a ton of toys and mechs. Definitely looks like lw3 imo

But LW3 looks just like T2!!!

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not Bible Adventures?!
God Damnit!

I see what you did there

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It doesn't really have a TON of toys. Dracula in a coffin that looks like Ron Jeremy waiting for the fluffer and the mist magnet. It's just the mist magnet is so awesome it makes you forget it's not TZ. But I don't think every pin needs to be TZ either.

I want to play TJ. Gameplay and code may make up for the first impressions by some.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It doesn't really have a ton of toys. Dracula in a coffin that looks like Ron Jeremy waiting for the fluffer and the mist magnet. It's just the mist magnet is so awesome it makes you forget it's not TZ. But I don't think every pin needs to be TZ either.
I want to play TJ. Gameplay and code may make up for the first impressions by some.

Sorry meant features not toys....

#364 7 years ago

So I probably won't be buying this pin, but I asked my kids (12 and 14) if they knew who the Jetson's were. I have to admit, I was surprised when both of them did. They watch the cartoons some, see references through other cartoons, etc.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But LW3 looks just like T2!!!

Yea alot of pins look alike as theres only so much you can do on such a small area...

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Here are the stats of The Jetsons Facebook page. I'm sure you'd find 300 buyers just from that group..

Jaws looks like it has quite a following, too. ... but it better have a pinball eating shark.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Jaws looks like it has quite a following, too. ... but it better have a pinball eating shark.

I am sure Universal will stipulate that no pinballs will be allowed to hit the shark.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ahh yea..... hows that.... afm has 3 ramps, 1 diverter , 2 controlled gates , 1 drop target, 4 jumping jiggly martians, motorized 3 target drop bank, 2 scoops 1 has subway and vuk other has 2 entry points, mother ship that moves and special led light board with different lighting sequences, special stobe light and board, 7 other targets, 3 pop bumpers, 6 ships and flashers and all the other normal pinball shit lol..
Jetsons has 1 ramp, 3 pops, 1 scoop, 7 targets , captive ball, 2 spinners, 1 or 2 pop up post i believe in back?, then the usual pinball stuff... maybe theres more features we cant see?
Im guessing you were joking but everyone always says afm is stripped but its really not and its the way its layed out that makes it appear that way i guess? Reguardless afm is awesome to play and has imo the best code of the 90s ....that and the theme with the fast flowing gameplay make it a very awesome and sought-after pin.

cuz AFM is the most empty cheapest feeling B/W ever made. It barely has anything on it. Name one B/W title that has less and feels more econoline than AFM?

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

cuz AFM is the most empty cheapest feeling B/W ever made. It barely has anything on it. Name one B/W title that has less and feels more econoline than AFM?

Nobody cares. It's an awesome game and it will never get old, unlike your endless "AFM is an Econoline" posts. And it doesn't "feel" cheap, you must be mistaking that with one of the "cardboard cab" recent games.

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody cares. It's an awesome game and it will never get old, unlike your endless "AFM is an Econoline" posts. And it doesn't "feel" cheap, you must be mistaking that with one of the "cardboard cab" recent games.

it does feel unfinished and cheap compared to anything else in the b/w lineup. Never said the cheap feel and empty layout had any reflection on the fun factor. IM and BBH both look and feel cheap too, but both of those games are fun as well.

#371 7 years ago

I was about to order one, if the price was $4000. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me at $6000 since I have no idea if the gameplay/rules will be to my liking. Just a bit of a stretch to me.

If they had a full working game with video rules etc. maybe I could see, but just as a shot in the dark not interested. Sad that you'd need to pay more if you wait and see.

For the life of me, I don't understand the 300 limit.

I think Jetsons is a fine theme, but I'd rather have Speed Racer

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The sole reason for the 300 limit in my opinion is to try and create a sense of rarity and therefore more demand than supply, therefore justifying the high price.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was about to order one, if the price was $4000. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me at $6000 since I have no idea if the gameplay/rules will be to my liking. Just a bit of a stretch to me.
If they had a full working game with video rules etc. maybe I could see, but just as a shot in the dark not interested. Sad that you'd need to pay more if you wait and see.
I think Jetsons is a fine theme, but I'd rather have Speed Racer

you don't always have to pay more later. RZ seems to be less now than new.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The sole reason for the 300 limit in my opinion is to try and create a sense of rarity and therefore more demand than supply, therefore justifying the high price.

Well, that and Charlie's shop is only so big and you can only do so much in the space he has.

I'd like to come up with some other conspiracy theory, but that's about it.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Makes sense to me for several reasons.

By limiting it to 300 creates some amount of demand for it, just based on the limited nature of it, than if it was open ended.

Expensive to go back and make the custom parts for additional smaller runs vs doing it once. Between ramps, wiring harnesses, playfield, back glasses, electronics, there are plenty of items you would have to go get more made. Any savings on quantity purchasing won't be nearly as good if they later decide to do another 50.

they can't be sure Charlie will have production capacity later to make more, he may be busy with other projects, he would also have to gear back up to do it, so there is likely some setup costs that come back into play. I'm sure Charlie knows how long to make these so he can time the next run on the assembly line to follow up after it and time any announcements accordingly.

The license likely has a timeframe limit to it, if they don't finish by a certain date they would have to renew the license and assuming they could get it renewed, the cost would likely be higher.

I don't think they said anything definitive about not doing more, or done anything that prevents them from later changing and doing more if the demand was really there for it, and they wanted to deal with all of the above.

#376 7 years ago

Jetsons is a good theme - I can see kids liking is just fine without knowing its 38 years old. I know lots of teens and 20's that are Trekkies, like Batman 66 and the Beatles that were born in the 21st century.

Price? So bored of posters pretending to be retailers.

Grateful for being a Pinside editor - key posts needed on this thread!!

Game play - I agree with Bryan_Kelly and FawzmaGames , that the rules will be fine. I don't expect to play this at PAPA / IPFA tournaments, could see plenty of family fun centers as buyers. The amusement vendors show in Orlando in November is full of extremely expensive games - and FEC's buy them because they make money.

I'm sure Nic has plenty of buyers in mind.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Well, that and Charlie's shop is only so big and you can only do so much in the space he has.

It seems that he plans on building another pin after Jetsons, so there really is no limit to how many he can build of a single title if he wanted to keep a run going.

#378 7 years ago

Preorder and save $1,000!Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#379 7 years ago

Congrats TPC and spooky. I had a surf n safari. Fixed up in good shape. Listed for more than I should have been. Had three buyers lined up because it's family friendly theme the parents can enjoy and the kids can get. Just a little side-boob other than that clean game.
Sold to grandparents for their family game room. How many ramp era games are in that category.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It seems that he plans on building another pin after Jetsons, so there really is no limit to how many he can build of a single title if he wanted to keep a run going.

They have 2 lines and IIRC are making 8-10 games a week. 300 machines getting the shop's full attention is over 6 months of work. Charlie has said that he wasn't to keep wait times down so they won't be doing massive runs. Game #3 is $6250 with a run of 500. If you want more than that from a contract game, see if Stern will take the project up.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Or.. maybe something to do with Spooky's capacity? You know the thing they used to cap the production on their last title too? And the thing Charlie has said he wants to keep to sustainable growth?

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or.. maybe something to do with Spooky's capacity? You know the thing they used to cap the production on their last title too? And the thing Charlie has said he wants to keep to sustainable growth?

I thought you said you were putting me on ignore?

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

All I can remember about the Jetsons was flying around those buildings. I don't care if you're going for a simple home pin, with that price tag, why not include some stationary buildings that the ramp zig zags through? At least do a spaceley sprockets and the high school or something in the back corners. Maybe the family car/ship on the ramp too.
You don't need crazy toys like the MM castle to fill in all that space. Just make it less 2-dimensional with some stationary items. If it's not immersive, the kids in the target families are just going to walk over to their Xbox in the same rec room.

Your comments are very similar to ones I put on The Pinball Company's Facebook page that got taken down soon after I posted them. However, now that I know that this machine isn't "meant" for us Pinsiders, the sparse play field makes more sense now.

There is a lot of potential for a very challenging game for the rest of us if it would have been designed and marketed toward us.

I really love the Jetsons and I probably would have been interested in buying this for my family. It's a shame this IP is being squandered on a machine designed for a very niche market.

#384 7 years ago

surprised nobody has spoken about the best thing...

Spooky can now do LARGE vac formed ramps!

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

surprised nobody has spoken about the best thing...

Quoted from cooked71:

Despite its sparsity, what a difference the clear plastic molded ramps make. That one ramp looks fun to shoot. Cant wait to see how they use them on Scoo...oh, i mean game number 3.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I already know that from facebook, and yes it's VERY awesome

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it does feel unfinished and cheap compared to anything else in the b/w lineup. Never said the cheap feel and empty layout had any reflection on the fun factor. IM and BBH both look and feel cheap too, but both of those games are fun as well.

Really? It feels better than most of the b/w pins i own and owned which is a good many?
Its definitely the best player with some neat effects and toys but the code is my favorite overall of any b/w pins. Just alot of fun to play.

#388 7 years ago

How does this game compare to the $3,799 Stern Spiderman on The Pinball Co.'s own website?

$5,999 is a lot of money.

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Congrats TPC and spooky. I had a surf n safari. Fixed up in good shape. Listed for more than I should have been. Had three buyers lined up because it's family friendly theme the parents can enjoy and the kids can get. Just a little side-boob other than that clean game.
Sold to grandparents for their family game room. How many ramp era games are in that category.

I sold a jurassic park game to a family because the kid like dinosaurs

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How does this game compare to the $3,799 Stern Spiderman on The Pinball Co.'s own website?

They have only one Stern Spiderman and can sell lots of Jetson's.

Believe me, a lot of people will look at a game like the Stern Spdierman and be intimidated by all the toys, lights, inner workings, etc. And they will be happy to buy a simple pin like the Jetsons.

Sure the Stern Spiderman is a great pin. And a lot of people here love it. But that doesn't mean there isn't a market out there for games to please those that want a simple, easy to play pin, that they can have lots of fun on.

Not everybody measures a purchase by price, they measure by what they are looking for.

LTG : )

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They have only one Stern Spiderman and can sell lots of Jetson's.
Believe me, a lot of people will look at a game like the Stern Spdierman and be intimidated by all the toys, lights, inner workings, etc. And they will be happy to buy a simple pin like the Jetsons.
Sure the Stern Spiderman is a great pin. And a lot of people here love it. But that doesn't mean there isn't a market out there for games to please those that want a simple, easy to play pin, that they can have lots of fun on.
Not everybody measures a purchase by price, they measure by what they are looking for.

Think he was talking about the new The Pin home version of Spiderman which is a lot less complicated and alot cheaper.

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think he was talking about the new The Pin home version of Spiderman which is a lot less complicated and alot cheaper.

If so, I apologize for the confusion.

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If so, I apologize for the confusion.

I appreciate your response, but yes, I was referring to Stern's The Pin version.

#394 7 years ago

Guys have to remember, TPC has money tied up in a license and development. They would never make it back by "giving away" these machines.

Anyone who thinks they can start a pin company, sell them for a faction over cost and stay in business; must live on some other planet.

#395 7 years ago

What do the letters spell? S GEO C RGE? It looks nice but the price is kinda yikes and I wish it had just one more element, like a tube-travel crossover a la Xenon. I'm trying to figure out where the inner orbits go, it looks like they dump into the rollovers up on top. Curious to see if any art will be introduced to the ramp, or that big blank space to the right of it, that might spruce things up.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What do the letters spell? S GEO C RGE?

The S and the C are red inserts...I'm guessing those are Spacely and Cogswell.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Correct

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm somehow only just now realizing it also spells GEORGE.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What do the letters spell? S GEO C RGE? It looks nice but the price is kinda yikes and I wish it had just one more element, like a tube-travel crossover a la Xenon. I'm trying to figure out where the inner orbits go, it looks like they dump into the rollovers up on top. Curious to see if any art will be introduced to the ramp, or that big blank space to the right of it, that might spruce things up.

I had the same thought about a tube ramp.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

"Orbity" insert needs a double t.

Confirmed.

I guess Spooky doesn't wanna let Stern hold the crown of "King Of All Typos"

Elroy-Meets-Orbitty (resized).jpgElroy-Meets-Orbitty (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/8?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.