JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's ok to disagree. Everyone has different opinions on things. A lot of people hate GB but I'm buying one anyway.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

RZ...felt cheap and generic and just wasn't any fun. Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

GB is a great machine, but if feeling "cheap" is an issue for you, then I'd stay away. Being able to play RZ side by side with GB makes GB feel cheap by comparison. I can't say RZ is the better game right now, but the Spooky pin has the tactile feel of being more solid and added touches even down to the way the cabinet decals are folded are nice (real backglass, FF speakers/sub, stock color screen...Rob Zombie music ).

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

GB is a great machine, but if feeling "cheap" is an issue for you, then I'd stay away. Being able to play RZ side by side with GB makes GB feel cheap by comparison. I can't say RZ is the better game right now, but the Spooky pin has the tactile feel of being more solid and added touches even down to the way the cabinet decals are folded are nice.

I think GB is a billion times more fun than RZ. I will agree with you that the cab on RZ feels well built. That's the only props RZ gets from me though.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

AFM is pretty darn simple...

compared to AFM, the Jetsons looks like TZ.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didn't get frustrated with RZ because I'm not good at pinball lol. I got frustrated with it because the ball kept getting hung up in the upper playfield and to just be blunt, it felt cheap and generic and just wasn't any fun. Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has got one.

The customers at my location love RZ.

A ball hang up on the upper playfield? Sounds like that one wasn't set up right, or it wasn't being repaired/maintained.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

A ball hang up on the upper playfield? Sounds like that one wasn't set up right, or it wasn't being repaired/maintained.

Yeah because this guy knows nothing about pinball that owns the place lol. The pin was brand new so there was much maintenance required. He was in contact with the company and they couldn't figure it out either. I'm not even gonna speak my true feelings about it because I don't want to start a bunch of crap, but let's just say it was a disaster.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ahh yea..... hows that.... afm has 3 ramps, 1 diverter , 2 controlled gates , 1 drop target, 4 jumping jiggly martians, motorized 3 target drop bank, 2 scoops 1 has subway and vuk other has 2 entry points, mother ship that moves and special led light board with different lighting sequences, special stobe light and board, 7 other targets, 3 pop bumpers, 6 ships and flashers and all the other normal pinball shit lol..

Jetsons has 1 ramp, 3 pops, 1 scoop, 7 targets , captive ball, 2 spinners, 1 or 2 pop up post i believe in back?, then the usual pinball stuff... maybe theres more features we cant see?

Im guessing you were joking but everyone always says afm is stripped but its really not and its the way its layed out that makes it appear that way i guess? Reguardless afm is awesome to play and has imo the best code of the 90s ....that and the theme with the fast flowing gameplay make it a very awesome and sought-after pin.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah because this guy knows nothing about pinball that owns the place lol. The pin was brand new so there was much maintenance required. He was in contact with the company and they couldn't figure it out either. I'm not even gonna speak my true feelings about it because I don't want to start a bunch of crap, but let's just say it was a disaster.

Ive had the same experience with rz as your are talking about and have quite a few friends with the same experience and they sold quickly. Im glad spooky is doing well and making pins bc it helps me get some nice b/w titles bc people are out of room. Of course many regretted their decision months later and wanted the b/w back lol.
More pinball is good pinball imo tho

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive had the same experience with rz as your are talking about and have quite a few friends with the same experience and they sold quickly. Im glad spooky is doing well and making pins bc it helps me get some nice b/w titles bc people are out of room. Of course many regretted their decision months later and wanted the b/w back lol.
More pinball is good pinball imo tho

More pinball is definitely good I agree. Quality pinball at reasonable prices is even better.

Thanks for confirming the ball hangups on RZ. If that in fact was a common problem on those pins then that pretty much proves that there was not sufficient testing done before they were built and shipped.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

More pinball is definitely good I agree. Quality pinball at reasonable prices is even better.
Thanks for confirming the ball hangups on RZ. If that in fact was a common problem on those pins then that pretty much proves that there was not sufficient testing done before they were built and shipped.

Every dang one i played got hung up on that drop target....i believe someone came up with a fix tho.
The real issue is as long as people keep buying all the super high priced pins ftom stern and whom ever else.... then they will continue to produce exactly like they are. If people wld actually stop buying nib like i did over a year ago then maybe something wld change but until then pricing will continue to go up and quality and features will continue to go down.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Every dang one i played got hung up on that drop target....i believe someone came up with a fix tho.
The real issue is as long as people keep buying all the super high priced pins ftom stern and whom ever else.... then they will continue to produce exactly like they are. If people wld actually stop buying nib like i did over a year ago then maybe something wld change but until then pricing will continue to go up and quality and features will continue to go down.

I can't remember where this one was exactly getting hung up at but it was somewhere in the upper playfield and when it happened to me we couldn't see where the ball was, even knocked the F out of the machine a few times and still wouldn't jar it loose....the owner wasn't there so we just shut the machine off. I know people that know the owner and they said it continued to happen and they couldn't stop it from happening. He sold it after like one month because he hated it. The gameplay just felt really weird to me and it wasn't fun. The playfield art and the toys are nothing to get excited about either.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't remember where this one was exactly getting hung up at but it was somewhere in the upper playfield and when it happened to me we couldn't see where the ball was, even knocked the F out of the machine a few times and still wouldn't jar it loose....the owner wasn't there so we just shut the machine off. I know people that know the owner and they said it continued to happen and they couldn't stop it from happening. He sold it after like one month because he hated it. The gameplay just felt really weird to me and it wasn't fun. The playfield art and the toys are nothing to get excited about either.

Yes in the inner orbit there was a place it was getting hung up also but the drop target one annoyed me the most lol....

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Regarding the ball hang up, almost every gameplay video I've seen has had that same hang up. Are they all set up poorly? Doubt it. It's a design flaw.

#263 7 years ago

Playfield art is certainly getting better, and I understand the game being feature barren for its stated market .... but there is a very clear disconnect between its stated market and its pricing. The pricing, given the features, appears to be aimed squarely at the collector market.

Which is it?

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Regarding the ball hang up, almost every gameplay video I've seen has had that same hang up. Are they all set up poorly? Doubt it. It's a design flaw.

Not sure what he's referring to (he doesn't even know as he states), but my machine did ship with the VUK power too low to make it to the upper playfield much of the time (would do a little hop over and over, occasionally out of view). I had seen this behavior in multiple older gameplay videos as well. If that's all he's referring to, the VUK is user settable and the most recent code update comes with a better factory setting if I recall correctly (at least in my home set up, the VUK was set too low from the factory...perhaps similar to Hobbit flipper complaints [too weak], yet are user settable to increase strength). Going from 4-5 (VUK power) on my machine made the ball get to the upper field every time. The new 4.5 (v.18) setting has been perfect for my machine (makes it to the little flipper nearly every time now). Spooky IS addressing issues.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not sure what he's referring to (he doesn't even know as he states), but my machine did ship with the VUK power too low to make it to the upper playfield much of the time (would do a little hop over and over, occasionally out of view). I had seen this behavior in multiple older gameplay videos as well. If that's all he's referring to, the VUK is user settable and the most recent code update comes with a better factory setting if I recall correctly (at least in my home set up, the VUK was set too low from the factory...perhaps similar to Hobbit flipper complaints [too weak], yet are user settable to increase strength). Going from 4-5 on my machine made the ball get to the upper field every time. The new 4.5 setting has been perfect for my machine (makes it to the little flipper nearly every time now). Spooky IS addressing issues.

Wasn't my machine so not like i could pull the glass off or anything. I do know that it was a continuing problem though and that's one of the reasons he got it the hell out of his bar. I'll find out tomorrow and report back. He's glad it's gone and so am i. I wouldn't play it if it was set on free play.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

That barcade obviously did not take the time to fix a simple ball hang up. They also sold it before the code advanced to even remotely close to what it is now. Just sayin...

Not sure what barcade it was, but if you are making your judgement off the one time you played one which was on early code and had a non-adressed ball hangup... then that gives your opinion minimal weight. JMHO

#267 7 years ago

Heee you know what?, iám positive this time .
Looks simple but great.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Now I can't un-see it
lanes and pop bumper same exact location, left ramp entrance same location (but squiggles instead of loops back and forth). Drop targets same locations but are replaced by stationary targets. Spinners on both side of orbit shots same.
Shooter lanes are different
LW3 has a VUK going into a left return ramp.
With all that said, I owned LW3 and actually did enjoy the simplicity, but I was also slightly nostalgic for that title playing it in the arcade.

That's interesting. I did notice that there seems to be a lot of wasted vertical space on the Jetsons yesterday. Seemed a little too deep for that one ramp. And now with the side by side, it looks like they did base the whole layout on LW3.

#269 7 years ago

I don't understand why Spooky continues to manufacture games that have these wide open playfields?

#270 7 years ago

The more actual new pinball machines actually for sale the actual better!

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

More pinball is definitely good I agree

I agree more pinball is good. Why? Because it helps suck up the money that otherwise might have been spent on other classic titles. These new boutique high priced games are great to keep pinflation at bay. Let the noobs and home owners buy these low quality build machines, while more classics become available on the market at reasonable prices. Thank you Spooky for producing another title that will suck up some of the overall demand for pinball, helping keep prices from skyrocketing.

I still think limiting a machine's production in order to try and capitalize on pricing and hype is bs. The only way they will be able to sell these for $6k plus is to try and tell people they are extremely limited and that is why they cost so much? Contract or no contract, selling something for a high dollar value because it is limited is a desperate sales tactic. Why not have a contract to sell a minimum of 300 machines to Pinball Company but with the option for more machines if the 300 sell out. Why? Because artificial scarcity sells machines.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I don't understand why Spooky continues to manufacture games that have these wide open playfields?

Spooky did not design the playfield.

#273 7 years ago

Is it just me or what....we have a thread about design and code and their importance; then this thread about open PF and lack of "toys". Reading the responses in these threads leads me to believe code, design, and flow of play all take a backseat, to the presence of lots toys and I just don't get it. Most "toys" for me atleast, only serve"clog up a PF, slow and obscure play, not to mention the cheap plastic that most have to replace less than a year after purchase. Makes me wonder if a pin were produced with a ton of "toys" if it wouldn't turn out be the biggest driver of sales? Not bashing anyone, we all like what we like, just a curiosity for me.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The more actual new pinball machines actually for sale the actual better!

That's not necessarily true obviously, for consumers or the industry. There were more home video games available than ever in 1983.

It didn't end well for a large portion of those cranking them out, or consumers for that matter.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree more pinball is good. Why? Because it helps suck up the money that otherwise might have been spent on other classic titles. These new boutique high priced games are great to keep pinflation at bay. Let the noobs and new home owners buy these low quality build machines, while more classics become available on the market at reasonable prices. Thank you Spooky for producing another title that will suck up some of the overall demand for pinball, helping keep prices from skyrocketing.

Disagree. The escalating prices of new releases drag the whole market upward. Even with their own inflating prices older machines remain comparative bargains.

#276 7 years ago

It just seems like a crazy price for what you get, but if they can sell them, God bless.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Disagree. The escalating prices of new releases drag the whole market upward. Even with their own inflating prices older machines remain comparative bargains.

It is two sided. One side will push pricing up with the increased pricing on new releases ( like recent $200 Stern increase) but on the other hand you have supply and demand. Right now there is a resurgence and Stern has backorders on new titles. It is cyclical and eventually supply meets demand and you start to see games sitting for sale longer on the secondary market. The bottom line is there is only so much pinball money to go around.

On another note, I often wonder if Stern and CGC can compete fairly while choosing to produce the machines together at Stern's factory. They are competing companies trying to sell machines to a limited niche market. CGC or at least PPS has stated they have plans to produce 10 classic Williams titles in the years to come. Will the pinball community be able to absorb all of these new high priced machines? Will demand continue to meet supply? I can only hope.

#278 7 years ago

In sleeping on this, and looking at again with Fresh eyes, I relate the playfield to BBH.
Only missing the Buck.
Sure, its a toy, and the only one on BBH, other than a gate and kickback, but the code, flow, callouts, and game play make it a blast.

IMO only, I do wish there was a coil kickback, to some degree, and one toy to interact.
At that point physically, it meets the same as many many games, and would carry the perceived value that many share.

A few small things, along with what we dont know in code, and it would rise to the top of the Pack.

Still, the artwork, is hauntingly refreshing, and welcome as "New", in many ways.

#279 7 years ago

Wonderful looking game!

Theme and price point are a no-go for me. I have a 10yr old and a 15 yr old - they know nothing about the Jetsons. They both love Scooby Do. Looks like I need to save up some money for the Scooby Do potential!

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be able to get a Jetsons for less a year or two down the road...

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That barcade obviously did not take the time to fix a simple ball hang up.

All issues were fixed. It just wasn't earning at all. 2 months of being the bottom of the barrel of 8 games at the location got it the axe. Had it earned well it would still be there today.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All issues were fixed. It just wasn't earning at all. 2 months of being the bottom of the barrel of 8 games at the location got it the axe. Had it earned well it would still be there today.

This the one at Legaacy?

It wasn't working when I was there so I didn't get a chance to play it.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Then you have the so called super high end restored pins.... like a 13k funhouse thats not even as nice as the one i just got for a half of that price

How would you know how our high ends are? Have you bought one from us? Dont criticize the products we sell unless you have experience with buying one.

After 7 (resized).jpgAfter 7 (resized).jpg

After 6 (resized).jpgAfter 6 (resized).jpg

After 9 (resized).jpgAfter 9 (resized).jpg

20160406_073926 (resized).jpg20160406_073926 (resized).jpg

20160406_073649 (resized).jpg20160406_073649 (resized).jpg

20160406_073631 (resized).jpg20160406_073631 (resized).jpg

20160406_074307 (resized).jpg20160406_074307 (resized).jpg

20160623_140136 (resized).jpg20160623_140136 (resized).jpg

20160623_140510 (resized).jpg20160623_140510 (resized).jpg

20160623_140612 (resized).jpg20160623_140612 (resized).jpg

20160623_140418 (resized).jpg20160623_140418 (resized).jpg

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This the one at Legaacy?
It wasn't working when I was there so I didn't get a chance to play it.

Yep. Just wasn't earning. I would've liked to get more play on it to see how the game evolved but totally understand it having to be moved out. Tri Zone might have had more money put into it since it's came in RZ's spot. Haha. B66 is going there this week to replace Tri Zone so we will see how that stacks up.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Just wasn't earning. I would've liked to get more play on it to see how the game evolved but totally understand it having to be moved out. Tri Zone might have had more money put into it since it's came in RZ's spot. Haha. B66 is going there this week to replace Tri Zone so we will see how that stacks up.

I wish that Tri-Zone was there when I visited! Never played that one.

#285 7 years ago

Love the theme, was bummed its more of a zizzle type game (especially for $6K??).

Perhaps now that the theme is licensed they'll also be a full featured version??

#286 7 years ago

I love the introduction of contract builds into the hobby. Dominoes (although fun) seemed like a very niche theme. It's nice to see that can apply to more mainstream licensed themes. With this we're going to no doubt have more ideas from more designers.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Spooky did not design the playfield.

Looks like no one did.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wish that Tri-Zone was there when I visited! Never played that one.

Fun game with neat lighting on the inserts. They have really cool fading effects. Hope to see ya back down here again sometime!

#289 7 years ago

the layout and basic nature reminds me of Predator, but with just one ramp, but in this case the license is legit (I assume). Very basic game, should be reliable in a home environment with not a lot going on that can break. Love the theme, so, like others, would have liked to have seen it be a more complete/advanced game. Totally get their strategy, there are more than enough buyers who want a game at home, that is not overly complex and while the price will scare some off, they will find plenty of buyers, plus you know there are a few guys here who will want it regardless. Heck, the this game could do well on location in movie theaters and the like, and again, without a lot of complex mechs, should be reliable.

If target is home market, suspect the rule set is not overly complex as well. If this gets a younger generation interested in pinball, then I consider this is a huge win for pinball. And continues to position spooky as contract manufacturer for small run boutique games, and that means potentially more titles that might have narrower appeal, that you would never see otherwise. When you look at the threads around here on 'themes I want', many are themes that would never sell big, but this gives folks a path to getting those machines made, if they are willing to put their money where their mouth is. If you got a million bucks or so, you can have any theme you want, and if you think the theme is good enough to sell, go for it. That is what The Pinball Company has done, so kudos to them and Spooky.

Looking forward to see game play and what they are doing with the display. Cartoon themes should be able to leverage in a big way.

#290 7 years ago

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

yeah, I figured that was the case.

Entirely different reality than what who-dey was speaking

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it.

Not earning well = sell it. We went down a similar road. I actually think it would do fine on route with current code. We just could not wait it out from a finacial stand point.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

9 thumbs down for this just isn't nearly enough.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I figured that was the case.
Entirely different reality than what who-dey was speaking

Not earning well = sell it. We went down a similar road. I actually think it would do fine on route with current code. We just could not wait it out from a finacial stand point.

I never realized that all the problems were eventually fixed so I stand corrected. That still doesn't change the fact that the game sucks and nobody wanted to drop their money in it. When a brand new title can't even make it off of the bottom in earnings especially considering there are a couple of older pins in the bunch, then that just speaks volumes in my opinion. Like I said, I wouldn't play it if it was on free play

#294 7 years ago

We bought our Bride of Pinbot from Pinball Company! It was pretty expensive but I'm impressed with the board work. Everything is super clean and nice! Have had the game for a year and nothing has gone wrong with it yet Wasn't too happy with the movers though. They said they couldn't get Bride to our attic so myself, dad, and my brother moved it upstairs. It was so worth it but my back hurt for like a week haha.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not necessarily true obviously, for consumers or the industry. There were more home video games available than ever in 1983.
It didn't end well for a large portion of those cranking them out, or consumers for that matter.

The pinball industry circa 2017 is not even remotely close to the video game industry of 1983. 2017: one major developer making about three titles a year, two minor developers releasing one title a year. 1983: dozens of major developers pumping out multiple titles a month, hundreds of minor developers pumping out mutliple titles a month, all with little to no quality control.

Comments like that from you are par for the course, but it really makes me wonder if you really enjoy pinball or if you just enjoy shitting on everyone's opinions.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

it really makes me wonder if you really enjoy pinball or if you just enjoy shitting on everyone's opinions

Why can't a person enjoy both?

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Why can't a person enjoy both?

I doubt ol' CL is the "containing multitudes" type.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yea but this playfield makes The Hobbit and World Poker Tour seem crowded.

World Poker Tour? Why would you dog on it aside for being uglier than sin? The game has things on it, drop targets out the wazoo, upper pf, it is obvious where the bom went.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Theme and price point are a no-go for me. I have a 10yr old and a 15 yr old - they know nothing about the Jetsons.

I agree, seems odd to do a cartoon theme from the 60's.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

World Poker Tour? Why would you dog on it aside for being uglier than sin? The game has things on it, drop targets out the wazoo, upper pf, it is obvious where the bom went.

...and Hobbit too. Both WPT and TH are "wide open", but BOM and toys are not in question on those at all. Jetson's is literally less featured than Costco batman and Classic IM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/6?hl=rjbowes3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.