Topic Stats

• 771 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png
IMG_4750 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from puck:

Any Canadians inquire about shipping charges yet? Nitro going to get these?

I have a Domino's en route from Spooky, and it will be about $350 to ship. Very reasonable. What I'd like to do even more is road trip to Spooky and pick up both at once!

Cheers, Mr. Puck.

-Winston.

#202 1 year ago

Good concept! Reminds me of Data East's Rock and Bullwinkle

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Understood. But why all these titles aimed at 55 - 60 yr old men? Jetsons, Aerosmith, Houdini, and for god's sake, Elvira 3????
I'm sure I forgot a few....

It's a demographic with considerable disposable income

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on totan is loaded with toys and awesome features.... u cant even compare the 2?

A plastic genie, vertical magnet and a spinning lamp. Problem is, the game is still boring as f*ck. Play the worthless multiball and modes or wish them away, nothing matters except lamp spins, lightning lamp and bonus multipliers. No incentive to push the start button besides the pretty lights. Jetsons looks to have more interesting rules than "bash the lamp."

#205 1 year ago

The Jetsons is still a great theme. Pure fun.

#206 1 year ago

I want to play one!

#207 1 year ago

Meet George Jetson...
His boy Elroy....
Yeah kids will love this theme, about 38 years ago.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Reminds me of Data East's Rock and Bullwinkle

I was thinking it has a vague resemblance to DE LW3. Cool artwork!

#209 1 year ago

As others have said, Nic knows his clientele very well and it's not a typical person who is on here all the time. He will sell all 300 units if I had to bet. I go to his annual pinball party and I'm probably one of maybe 5 hardcore pinheads there. The amount of families and casual people who don't know much about pinball is absurd. He is a market leader in selling all arcade games. Just google "buy pinball machine" or "buy arcade games" and his company is the first one that pops up. He makes it extremely easy to be a one-stop shop to fill an arcade game room. Customer service is phenomenal and overall experience is fast and easy. And most of his clients aren't very cost conscious because they have the money and want to make the purchase as easy as possible.

I can already see it now, a family calls and inquires about wanting to purchase some arcade games. How easy would it be to sell them a Jetsons, something that is family friendly and made specifically for his company. Doesn't get much easier than that.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

As others have said, Nic knows his clientele very well and it's not a typical person who is on here all the time. He will sell all 300 units if I had to bet. I go to his annual pinball party and I'm probably one of maybe 5 hardcore pinheads there. The amount of families and casual people who don't know much about pinball is absurd. He is a market leader in selling all arcade games. Just google "buy pinball machine" or "buy arcade games" and his company is the first one that pops up. He makes it extremely easy to be a one-stop shop to fill an arcade game room. Customer service is phenomenal and overall experience is fast and easy. And most of his clients aren't very cost conscious because they have the money and want to make the purchase as easy as possible.
I can already see it now, a family calls and inquires about wanting to purchase some arcade games. How easy would it be to sell them a Jetsons, something that is family friendly and made specifically for his company. Doesn't get much easier than that.

He must because his prices are always insanely high, then add sales tax, whew

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I see it too, man!

#212 1 year ago

Yep. When my dad was purchasing the hobbit, I told him numerous times there are better deals out there and that sales tax in MO will be added as well. His response: "I don't care, I've dealt with Nic before and know that he will deliver and set up the machine for us and be there if there are any problems."

Like I said above, he makes it super easy for non-pinball people to have hassle free transactions. And his customer relationships are great.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly right. This is a complete waste of the theme imo. Just doesn't do it justice to have such a stripped pin.
I will say that the art looks pretty good.

Agreed, I wish they would have chosen a different theme...not ruin JETSONS, or heck call is SpaceMan and not pay a license. The license was just not well used

#214 1 year ago

Not that Spooky needs defending from you people, but I'm going to do so anyway because this thread is almost totally full of crap.

We know Spooky makes pins that are fun, fairly simple, low production/rare and around $6k. This looks to be another one. So, what's the problem?

Those of you thinking a boutique, low production pin can or should be cheap is joking themselves. Those of you expecting a boutique, low production $6k pin to be loaded with complicated, interactive toys and mechanisms is joking themselves even harder. This is not a mass market pin. The idea here is not to magically offer equivalent pricing and features as a Stern Pro with only 300 being made. Those of you seeking "low price" and "loaded playfields" should already know to look elsewhere. This pin is not for you.

This is a good-looking pin, it has a cool theme, it will have a rarity and collectibility factor that Stern Pros/Prems do not, and it will probably sell just fine, mostly to collectors. I see no problem here.

Lastly, since when does a playfield have to be loaded with crap for a pin to be good, or fun? I generally find the opposite to be true. I'd much rather be playing simple pins like Iron Man, Tron, Rob Zombie and Whoa Nellie than the JJP pins, or TZ, or TOTAN. A simple layout is not something to knock. How about play it and see if it's fun. Isn't that what matters most?

I said my piece. Continue with the bitchathon.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Now I can't un-see it

lanes and pop bumper same exact location, left ramp entrance same location (but squiggles instead of loops back and forth). Drop targets same locations but are replaced by stationary targets. Spinners on both side of orbit shots same.

Shooter lanes are different
LW3 has a VUK going into a left return ramp.

With all that said, I owned LW3 and actually did enjoy the simplicity, but I was also slightly nostalgic for that title playing it in the arcade.

jetsons_vs_lw3 (resized).jpg

#216 1 year ago

Its numbers...38,000 Pinsiders, 500 or so showing online with more lurking, say 10%.
No one disagrees about 300 sold, so out of those that saw this announcement, 3-4 people that
posted would/might buy.

Nothing wrong with the rest of the masses sharing their opinion.

It just shouldnt, hopefully, feel insulting to the fine folks at Spooky.

......and what the masses want..?? Lets just agree to let this be shared, and thats what is seen here in posts as well as all new game threads.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its numbers...38,000 Pinsiders, 500 or so showing online with more lurking, say 10%.
No one disagrees about 300 sold, so out of those that saw this announcement, 3-4 people that
posted would/might buy.
......and what the masses want..?? Lets just agree to let this be shared, and thats what is seen here in posts as well as all new game threads.

What it seems we all want is a real fully featured Jetson for $6,250 or this game which equals The Pin to be sold at $2,795. Having worked a little with The Pinball Company I'm going to blame them and not Spooky...

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Not that Spooky needs defending from you people, but I'm going to do so anyway because this thread is almost totally full of crap.

Those of you thinking a boutique, low production pin can or should be cheap is joking themselves. Those of you expecting a boutique, low production $6k pin to be loaded with complicated, interactive toys and mechanisms is joking themselves even harder. This is not a mass market pin.

C'mon, they could have spent literally $20 more per pin and had their pick of up to 6 real, production Jetsons figurines adorning the playfield for that $20. Would have really helped it look less sparse and cost almost nothing.

Ditto the armor. If this is targeted at non-pinhead families, I'm pretty sure they would get more enjoyment out of some drop targets rather than static colored trim. The cost trade would actually probably have favored that swap, and it would have improved the interactivity of the game.

That said, maybe the goal is to zizzle it, and reduce moving parts and maintenance. From that angle, I can see why they have few interactive features, but the lack of figures even in that scenario is puzzling.

you people (resized).jpg

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

posted would/might buy.

Funny thing is, most people I meet DON"T know Pinside. When ever I'm out in the wild at bars, local arcades, beach arcades and what knots. I'll talk to other people playing and most of them never heard of Pinside but a lot of them own a pin or two or are talking about getting one. Hell I just joined a Pin leauge and over half the people have never been on pinside. And most have a pin in there home. Just because we hardcore collectors don't like the game doesn't mean it won't sell. I might not see this selling out asap but I'm pretty sure they will sell enough to do another one down the road.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Understood. But why all these titles aimed at 55 - 60 yr old men? Jetsons, Aerosmith, Houdini, and for god's sake, Elvira 3????

That's easy, because that age group is their target market....you know, the guys that grew up in the pinball era and the guys that are more likely to have the money to buy an expensive toy like a pinball machine?

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

C'mon, they could have spent literally $20 more per pin and had their pick of up to 6 real, production Jetsons figurines adorning the playfield for that $20. Would have really helped it look less sparse and cost almost nothing.
Ditto the armor. If this is targeted at non-pinhead families, I'm pretty sure they would get more enjoyment out of some drop targets rather than static colored trim. The cost trade would actually probably have favored that swap, and it would have improved the interactivity of the game.
That said, maybe the goal is to zizzle it, and reduce moving parts and maintenance. From that angle, I can see why they have few interactive features, but the lack of figures even in that scenario is puzzling.

I agree <$100 for few figurines and some side panel art would (visually) go a long way. Maybe they'll add a couple items between now and when they ship.

The most interesting thing to me about all of this is that a game room retailer is contracting this pin. It's pretty cool that you can have a pin made without having to start a pinball company. I wonder if we'll see more of this. Just think if Automated or Game Exchange really wanted to they could have a pin made! Hey JJ, got any good ideas? It might sink you, but the bragging rights have to be worth something, right?

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd have to go have a look at my zizzle, but if I remember correctly it's got at least two ramps, three pop bumpers, and a few plastic decorations on there...

Love to come on here and see the panties dropping like usual though.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I agree <$100 for few figurines and some side panel art would (visually) go a long way. Maybe they'll add a couple items between now and when they ship.
The most interesting thing to me about all of this is that a game room retailer is contracting this pin. It's pretty cool that you can have a pin made without having to start a pinball company. I wonder if we'll see more of this. Just think if Automated or Game Exchange really wanted to they could have a pin made! Hey JJ, got any good ideas? It might sink you, but the bragging rights have to be worth something, right?

Now that there's no need to make custom hardware to run them and program them in obscure ways, the barrier to making a new pin has been lowered substantially, both financially and in know-how.

#224 1 year ago

I don't understand these new pinball companies coming into the market and charging a higher price than the leader of the pinball industry. Usually a new company wants to offer people more bang for their buck to steal customers away and then screw them later on. These new companies are entering the pinball market and charging outrageous prices for a far inferior product. I'm not gonna go on a big rant and say what I'd really like to say, but I think you new pinball manufacturers better rethink your business strategy because the one you currently have makes zero sense and is destined to fail.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't understand these new pinball companies coming into the market and charging a higher price than the leader of the pinball industry. Usually a new company wants to offer people more bang for their buck to steal customers away and then screw them later on. These new companies are entering the pinball market and charging outrageous prices for a far inferior product. I'm not gonna go on a big rant and say what I'd really like to say, but I think you new pinball manufacturers better rethink your business strategy because the one you currently have makes zero sense and is destined to fail.

Economies of scale. Simple as that. Make 1000 of something it's much cheaper per unit than 10 or 100 or 500.

#226 1 year ago

Gee, I wonder what the new title will be...

clip-art-scooby-doo-388612 (resized).jpg

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

A plastic genie, vertical magnet and a spinning lamp. Problem is, the game is still boring as f*ck. Play the worthless multiball and modes or wish them away, nothing matters except lamp spins, lightning lamp and bonus multipliers. No incentive to push the start button besides the pretty lights. Jetsons looks to have more interesting rules than "bash the lamp."

A genie that you hit, vertical magnet that sucked the ball off a ramp and launched it down a different ramp like a fireball, spinning lamp, ball save cages, disappearing magnet, tiger loop magnet and diverter, sweeping curvy ramp, ball saucer + captive balls! LOL, TOTAN doesn't have the best rules, but it's more than bash the lamp. It it a tweak or two away from being really fantastic.

What does this have? Seriously, name one feature. A ramp? LOL! Get outta here.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from KHL:

Gee, I wonder what the new title will be...

I hope not, would be much better off switched, JETSONS being the full featured pin and Scooby Doo being the stripped down family title.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Economies of scale. Simple as that. Make 1000 of something it's much cheaper per unit than 10 or 100 or 500.

I get that but if the three tier pricing scale is true then that is just price gouging plain and simple. I actually thought it was a joke because it's so stupid. I still can't figure out if it's a joke or not, it sure does sound like one I'll say that much. I still say they could sell their pins cheaper than Stern because they have way less overhead. When you market your product to customers you have to make yourself look attractive, and I see nothing attractive about a pinball machine with the layout of a 50-60 year old EM with outrageous 3 tier price gouging.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I get that but if the three tier pricing scale is true then that is just price gouging plain and simple. I actually thought it was a joke because it's so stupid. I still can't figure out if it's a joke or not, it sure does sound like one I'll say that much. I still say they could sell their pins cheaper than Stern because they have way less overhead. When you market your product to customers you have to make yourself look attractive, and I see nothing attractive about about a pinball machine with the layout of a 50-60 year old EM with outrageous 3 tier price gouging.

Call and talk to anyone at The Pinball Company and you will quickly determine the price gouging is not a joke and I'm sure their INSANE pricing plan is real. They will gouge you on anything you buy from them so why not this too.

#231 1 year ago

Where's the toys? The code better be good that's all I can say. I love the theme, but come on spooky it's the Futuristic Jetsons. Put some cool interactive mechanical toys on that playfield. Something!!!

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where's the toys? The code better be good that's all I can say. I love the theme, but come on spooky it's the Futuristic Jetsons. Put some cool interactive mechanical toys on that playfield. Something!!!

I kinda like the theme also but the playfield is just a big open space. There is one positive thing though that it has going for it, and that is it can't be as bad as RZ. That was a complete disaster there now!

#233 1 year ago

Clearly Pinside primadonnas are not the target audience for this pin, and I doubt that The Pinball Company would have contracted it out and spent the cash on the license without reasonable knowledge that it would sell to their clients.

As far as all the bashing on Spooky, I think people are looking at the small picture. A contract pin like this keeps money flowing in, with, I would think, less upfront cost as I would assume the design was brought to them mostly complete from their client. In return, that money can go to possible r&d for their next "in house" pin, which should be awesome.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I kinda like the theme also but the playfield is just a big open space. There is one positive thing though that it has going for it, and that is it can't be as bad as RZ. That was a complete disaster there now!

How is RZ a disaster? I believe it sold out, making it profitable for Spooky. It seems like the majority of owners like theirs, especially after modding them to make them their own.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I hope not, would be much better off switched, JETSONS being the full featured pin and Scooby Doo being the stripped down family title.

Downvote me all you want, but JETSONS should look like Dialed In, NOT this simple The Pin

#236 1 year ago

Despite its sparsity, what a difference the clear plastic molded ramps make. That one ramp looks fun to shoot. Cant wait to see how they use them on Scoo...oh, i mean game number 3.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Downvote me all you want, but JETSONS should look like Dialed In, NOT this simple The Pin

I can only imagine how well Jetsons would have sold if it was Lawlor and JJP instead of Dialed-in. I would guess quite a bit better than Dialed-In if the layouts were similar. At least there would be a license included for the premium priced $9000 game.

#238 1 year ago

Although I would not consider Jetsons a big enough license to warrant a highest end pricing that some more lucrative licenses get.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love RZ , calling it a complete disaster is way off (in my opinion) I can see people that are not very good at playing pinball being frustrated by RZ though , as it is very difficult.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I like Scooby Doo better than the Jetsons - is that OK with you? I also like playing pins before I bash them...

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I love RZ , calling it a complete disaster is way off (in my opinion) I can see people that are not very good at playing pinball being frustrated by RZ though , as it is very difficult.

I didn't get frustrated with RZ because I'm not good at pinball lol. I got frustrated with it because the ball kept getting hung up in the upper playfield and to just be blunt, it felt cheap and generic and just wasn't any fun. Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didn't get frustrated with RZ because I'm not good at pinball lol. I got frustrated with it because the ball kept getting hung up in the upper playfield and to just be blunt, it felt cheap and generic and just wasn't any fun. Let's put it this way, the owner of the barcade where i played it hated it so much that he sold it after one month of owning it. This guy is no dummy either, he has a lot of damn nice pins and he's a hell of a pinball player.

To each their own . I'm not as dumb as people give me credit for , so I got that going for me .

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

To each their own . I'm not as dumb as people give me credit for , so I got that going for me .

Who said that you were dumb? Am I missing something here?

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

They got the money bro, no kid has the money for a Justin Bieber pinball.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who said that you were dumb? Am I missing something here?

Not you for sure , but a few on pinside have . Just made a joke at others , but really it is beside the point , and my point being is that jetsons will not be everyone , just as you do not care for RZ but I absolutely love it . Tastes in pinball differ , and for you to say RZ was a disaster ,well I must disagree with this because RZ was the type of game I had been waiting for and I am glad that spooky was willing to take a risk and produce a game that is not of the norm as of these days , that's all .

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not you for sure , but a few on pinside have . Just made a joke at others , but really it is beside the point , and my point being is that jetsons will not be everyone , just as you do not care for RZ but I absolutely love it . Tastes in pinball differ , and for you to say RZ was a disaster ,well I must disagree with this because RZ was the type of game I had been waiting for and I am glad that spooky was willing to take a risk and produce a game that is not of the norm as of these days , that's all .

It's ok to disagree. Everyone has different opinions on things. A lot of people hate GB but I'm buying one anyway.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

They got the money bro, no kid has the money for a Justin Bieber pinball.

When they start making Justin Bieber pinball machines, that's when I'm gonna be leaving this hobby. Not even joking

#248 1 year ago

Well if the pinball company really sells pins for the prices on their website then they will sell this pin at 6k easy. I can't believe some of those prices as they are some of the highest ive ever seen. Then you have the so called super high end restored pins.... like a 13k funhouse thats not even as nice as the one i just got for a half of that price and 6500 Mustang pro . It makes a nib Jetsons pin look like a killer deal so .....

#249 1 year ago

this'll be fun to check out at TPF.
now i want a Tom & Jerry pin !

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's ok to disagree. Everyone has different opinions on things. A lot of people hate GB but I'm buying one anyway.

Exactly! That's all I 'm saying , if all pinball machines were the same that would be lame.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 6,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
$ 109.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside