By ZenTron

1 year ago

Stats

• 769 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png
IMG_4750 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 769 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
#101 1 year ago

This is actually a theme that somewhat interests me as it would fit well at one of my locations. But at $6k I'm afraid I'm out.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Disappointed they wasted a Great theme on a budget family machine.

You mean an expensive family machine.

#103 1 year ago

One other note is: I recall hearing something about a new Jetson movie coming up. Anyone know anything about this?

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One other note is: I recall hearing something about a new Jetson movie coming up. Anyone know anything about this?

http://deadline.com/2015/01/the-jetsons-animated-feature-warner-brothers-1201356816/

#105 1 year ago

What a cool and clean machine!
Very fun theme,i bet the color lcd will add a lot to the game..
Very impressed with the artwork.
Awesome

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Wow. I usually hate price complaining but that's just ridiculous. Unless you absolutely LOVE the Jetsons why would you pick this over any existing Stern pro? 7k is reaching close to premiums even.

It's simple. Out of the millions of people in America who can afford a $6K pinball machine, they only have to tempt 300 into buying it. Unique theme, good art and rarity will do that job. It will sell out.

Also, they are not making this pinball for those of us here who would compare it to a Walking Dead or GOT Pro. They are making it for those who don't own any pinballs.. yet.

#107 1 year ago

beautiful artwork all around.

price seems steep though.

Even though the playfield seems bare, I count 15 different shots that can be hit using the flippers.

#108 1 year ago

How about a look-see *under* the playfield? A look at the board set would be nice too.

Are there any manuals/schematics available yet?

Is it pre-wired for a dollar bill acceptor?

Is there an optional bill acceptor door available?

Are the audio call-outs from the original series or is it some new actors imitating the original actors?

Will there be any of Hoyt Curtin's original tv series music in it?

Any original Hanna-Barbera sound effects included?

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wait, where's Bible Adventures?
I wanna recount!

Already spoken for, friend.

#110 1 year ago

Obviously the tiered pricing is a push to get the ball rolling. Buy early before prices increase...
If sales are slow I'm sure the price will not increase And more likely be discounted.
what price did dominoes sell at?
I'm looking forward to playing it. Hopefully it will be at Allentown this spring!

#111 1 year ago

Screenshot_20170129-154249 (resized).png

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have to agree with the negative comments regarding price for what we get here. How can you price this at $800 to $1300.00 more than a Stern pro with LCD (Aerosmith)?
It should be $800 less than a Stern pro, not more.

It shouldn't even be that... this looks like a game that should be sold, new, for about $2.8K.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That cant be for real

Yeah. How can you charge close to Stern Premium prices for a game that is stripped down to the max, especially when the main draw Spooky has had for their price point for previous games was the desire created by the limited runs?

Some non-pinball person does not want to pay a premium for a limited run because they are not collectors. They may want a more simple game to be easier to maintain, but they will also want to get value for their money.

#114 1 year ago

When I read some of the comments about just announced pins I'm reminded of a quote by Black Sabbath drumer Bill Ward on the press; "If fuckin' Tchaikovsky got himself out of the grave and fuckin' came on and did the most fantastic fuckin' concert in the fuckin' world - they'd turn around and say 'shit!'"

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

When I read some of the comments about just announced pins I'm reminded of a quote by Black Sabbath drumer Bill Ward on the press; "If fuckin' Tchaikovsky got himself out of the grave and fuckin' came on and did the most fantastic fuckin' concert in the fuckin' world - they'd turn around and say 'shit!'"

I get what you're going for...but this Jetson's pin is hardly Tchaikovsky...

#116 1 year ago

Great job spooky & tpc! Nice to see a clean machine with great art direction. A breath of fresh air. Can't wait to play it!

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

How about a look-see *under* the playfield? A look at the board set would be nice too.
Are there any manuals/schematics available yet?
Is it pre-wired for a dollar bill acceptor?
Is there an optional bill acceptor door available?
Are the audio call-outs from the original series or is it some new actors imitating the original actors?
Will there be any of Hoyt Curtin's original tv series music in it?
Any original Hanna-Barbera sound effects included?

All excellent questions!
Remember tho that this is pinside and the mob is focused on one thing....price. All before even seeing a video of it flip or knowing the answer to any of your questions.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That being said - if this is what The Pinball Conpany wants and Spooky is just doing a contract build - good for them, that's good business to have a mix of projects to manufacture.

This is EXACTLY what this game is, and those on Pinside need to understand this.

I've seen this game in person and think it looks fantastic!! This game is for the young family looking for that one pinball machine to add to whatever they have in the game or family room. I flat out told Charlie, I think he and Nic have knocked this one out of the park!

Personally, I think the artwork looks great!! The colors pop a lot more than they do in the pics. In fact, I liked it so much, I brought a little something home from my last trip to Spookyville.

image (resized).jpeg

#119 1 year ago

Good to see Spooky is staying busy

Good to see Pinball Co expanding their pinball role

Man the art looks tit.

Too bad the theme, layout & especially price make it a no go for this household.

Aerosmith Pro is $1,250 less than Jetsons (I live an hour from Pinball Co = sales tax) so Jetsons is a no go.

Best of luck to both parties. I look forward to more low run boutique collaborative efforts.

Edit: If no sales tax is required then Jetsons is $800 more than Aerosmith.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

All excellent questions!
Remember tho that this is pinside and the mob is focused on one thing....price. All before even seeing a video of it flip or knowing the answer to any of your questions.

Stern could probably make this game to sell at $4500 and possibly make more money per unit than they do with their regular Pro models.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This is EXACTLY what this game is, and those on Pinside need to understand this.
I've seen this game in person and think it looks fantastic!! This game is for the young family looking for that one pinball machine to add to whatever they have in the game or family room. I flat out told Charlie, I think he and Nic have knocked this one out of the park!

At that price though - why would a family choose this game and not a Stern Pro with more features?

#122 1 year ago

People were saying how overpriced the stern home version sm was..... well that has more going on than this imo and this is 2-3k more. I don't believe this will sell real well if a spiderman at 3500 didn't sell well......

#123 1 year ago

Well, it's pretty much a no-brainer that this has to be the TILT callout

» YouTube video

#124 1 year ago

More pinball is good pinball!

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At that price though - why would a family choose this game and not a Stern Pro with more features?

Other than GB, what Stern theme would a family pick? I agree, the price may be high, but that's not my deal. It's not Charlie's deal either. It's Nic's deal and I'd say he's been in business long enough to know what he's doing with a game like this.

#126 1 year ago

Any Canadians inquire about shipping charges yet? Nitro going to get these?

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Other than GB, what Stern theme would a family pick? I agree, the price may be high, but that's not my deal. It's not Charlie's deal either. It's Nic's deal and I'd say he's been in business long enough to know what he's doing with a game like this.

Spiderman, Tron, GB, Iron Man, Batman 66...etc. Plus Star Wars is likely coming soon.

#128 1 year ago

I think it looks fantastic. Simple isn't bad, some of the best games made have been simple. It's just waaaaaaay too expensive but they'll figure that out soon enough. Too bad because I love the Jetsons.

I have a request though: Since Spooky is from WI and the Violent Femmes are from WI use their version of "Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah" in the game. That is all.

» YouTube video

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Even though the playfield seems bare, I count 15 different shots that can be hit using the flippers.

I noticed this too and hope that it plays good. I don't need a bunch of crap getting in the way. Kind of wish there were some drop targets involved, but if the game flows well and has decent rules it could be fun.

#130 1 year ago

Art looks great. I'm sure it's fun enough to shoot. Congrats to Spooky on getting another game to market. I'm not a buyer at this price point but I'm looking forward to game #3. Good to see the move to clear ramps.

#131 1 year ago

They could have come up with one simple toy and made the price a little easier to stomach.

Cmon, MAN!

Art looks great.

#132 1 year ago

I would have thought Jetsons is a big enough theme to do a full-fledged and full-featured pinball machine release rather than a contract boutique run.

#133 1 year ago

Was really hoping to see this in RL. It was an all-time great original made in Visual Pinball.

dsfiles-img-43732-1313435857 (resized).jpg

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Spiderman, Tron, GB, Iron Man, Batman 66...etc. Plus Star Wars is likely coming soon.

All I can tell you is, if I have a family with pre-teens and I walk into a gameroom store looking for a pin, this one is going to stick out like a sore thumb....in a good way.

I also played the one at Charlie's. It's simple. It's supposed to be simple. Hit the targets to spell George. Hit the targets to spell Jane. Believe it or not, there are people out there that know nothing about pinball and really don't want to know anymore than that. There's more to it, of course, but it was simple and fun to play.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hard pass. With a license like Jetsons, you expect all sorts of mechanical gizmos, gadgets, flying cars, ramps and tubes. A wasted opportunity.

Exactly right. This is a complete waste of the theme imo. Just doesn't do it justice to have such a stripped pin.

I will say that the art looks pretty good.

#137 1 year ago

I think the game looks great! If you need all the toys, this title would be fun to mod, and make your own. But the shots look good, and the artwork is pretty sweet too!

The only thing that I think they got wrong is a three tier price point. Two, I could see. Reward the early buyers, then sell for the normal price for the remaining 200. But I think this plan will make those last 100 a hard sell...

Hopefully one makes it close to me, so I get to play it! New pinball is great!

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I also played the one at Charlie's. It's simple. It's supposed to be simple. Hit the targets to spell George. Hit the targets to spell Jane. Believe it or not, there are people out there that know nothing about pinball and really don't want to know anymore than that. There's more to it, of course, but it was simple and fun to play.

I'm all for that, but respectfully...a simple game should come with a simple price.

I get the boutique business model, I just think this is gonna be a tough sell for their target market.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I can tell you is, if I have a family with pre-teens and I walk into a gameroom store looking for a pin, this one is going to stick out like a sore thumb....in a good way.

I think the mom and dad with pre-teens will see the price and keep walking.

#140 1 year ago

Have you guys seen what the pinball co. Is charging for say a t2? Many people, that are not pinball people per sa, will be more than happy to shell out 6k on this game and enjoy it with their family. Good for them.

#141 1 year ago

Looks AWESOME to me.
I am simple, I like simple, PINBALL ROCKS!
can't wait to here call outs and some video in action.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Have you guys seen what the pinball co. Is charging for say a t2? Many people, that are not pinball people per sa, will be more than happy to shell out 6k on this game and enjoy it with their family. Good for them.

Exactly. I'm not going to argue what you get for the price. Again, Nic at the Pinball Company knows his clientele better than anyone and I feel he'll do well with this one. We may not buy from the Pinball Company, but a shit ton of people do.

#143 1 year ago

Since jetsons isn't officially spooky 3...what is spooky 3?

PM me if you want

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think the mom and dad with pre-teens will see the price and keep walking.

I disagree. Have you been to the Pinball Company? The mom and dad that shop there are probably professionals. Odds are good they have money. They're probably also looking for more than just a pinball machine. They're looking to fill an entire game room.

I say they'll buy a Jetsons and go home and tell their friends.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Since jetsons isn't officially spooky 3...what is spooky 3?
PM me if you want

Trust me. Spooky #3 will make Jetsons look silly, especially the gameplay. Charlie may also be introducing a little something new in game #3. But what do I know.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
First 100 machines: $5999
Second 100 machines: $6499
Last 100 machines: $6999
Ouch.

Whoa.

"Jetsons pricing. EM gameplay."

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Whoa.
"Jetsons pricing. EM gameplay."

I'm not going to defend the pricing, but if you've played Spooky's other games, that's a pretty retarded statement to make. If anything, their games have been TOO fast, and tough to get ball control, especially AMH.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hard pass. With a license like Jetsons, you expect all sorts of mechanical gizmos, gadgets, flying cars, ramps and tubes. A wasted opportunity.
But, it's said that it's not for this market. That's fine, but if you're going to make a casual game for the modern home buyer - why Jetsons? No kid knows WTF Jetsons is. A modern cartoon would have made more sense for that market.
That being said - if this is what The Pinball Conpany wants and Spooky is just doing a contract build - good for them, that's good business to have a mix of projects to manufacture.

Very well said Greg. 100% accurate.

#149 1 year ago

Way to go Spooky! Another contract game to add to your impressive resume. Art looks great , looking forward to playing it, maybe in Allentown in May?

#150 1 year ago

looks good
probably well build and worth the money

but..
imo
needs a bash toy and some 3d buildings

probably will never see one in real live here in Holland

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 97.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
£ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sillyoldelf Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 299.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 769 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside