Topic Stats

• 771 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png
IMG_4750 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#52 1 year ago

6k what the heck that's insane for this thing

#53 1 year ago

I'm glad this is not # 3. It looks a lot like vacation america. The cabinet art is great. The play field is way too sparse. I hope it sells to family's and that it gets kids into Pinball. I really like it for the non pinhead.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

The alternative was to say nothing and let it potentially go through to production as per Stern quality control.
No need to make me out to be the "villian" as I am really looking forward to seeing more great things from this manufacturer with what looks to be a solid groundwork and track record in quality end product.

No, no, no, you misinterpret my statement! I smiled with levity when I read your comment, and that moment Christmas Vacation immediately popped into my head (one of my favorite lines from the movie as I'm typically that person). I always appreciate attention to detail, and enjoyed the smile you put on my face when I read your comment.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
First 100 machines: $5999
Second 100 machines: $6499
Last 100 machines: $6999
Ouch.

That cant be for real

#56 1 year ago

I would be all over a simpler and cheaper game. I know it is hard to make money and keep the doors open as a manufacturer, but I am not quite seeing the value at these price points. The big question is how does it play?

#57 1 year ago

BTW, beautifully done graphics - kudos to the artist!

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
Ouch.

Ouch... 6k and up for a game that looks like Stern made it in 2008, pass.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That cant be for real

Not only can it be, it is! Did you not click the link?

#60 1 year ago

Crazy pricing for this pin, although they are limiting it to 300 units.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, no, no, you misinterpret my statement! I smiled with levity when I read your comment, and that moment Christmas Vacation immediately popped into my head (one of my favorite lines from the movie as I'm typically that person). I always appreciate attention to detail, and enjoyed the smile you put on my face when I read your comment.

My fault. I should have recognised the quote sooner given they play that movie every year down here at Christmas.

All good.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Crazy pricing for this pin, although they are limiting it to 300 units.

I doubt it even sells that many at the price point its at....you can get to many other pins much cheaper

#63 1 year ago

I like how it looks and congrats Spooky, but really confused as to how TPC thinks an average family gets into pinball with a Jetsons theme today.

#64 1 year ago

They have a model. People will buy it or they won't.

They haven't had trouble selling their other games in limited numbers at these prices, so good luck to them.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
Ouch.

I thought prices go down with increased productivity.....

#66 1 year ago

Great job Spooky. I was rooting for Bill Paxton pinball.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I like how it looks and congrats Spooky, but really confused as to how TPC thinks an average family gets into pinball with a Jetsons theme today.

My thoughts exactly, I enjoy the Jetsons and I liked watching them. But if their target audience was kids and families why wouldn't you go with a modern theme? Minecraft or angry birds come to mind.

#68 1 year ago

I hope The pinball company funded the first 100 with prepayment.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I guess this is to get people to commit early to buy the pin at a "discounted" price.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

That's kinda cold.
-Mike

The truth can be sometimes. Spooky is the modern day GamePlan if they don't get things figured out.

#71 1 year ago

New pinball is always great. Love the theme and artwork. Congrats to Spooky!

Marc

#72 1 year ago

Cograrulations Pinball Co and Spooky Pinball. It's an exciting time for pinball. So many new choices in the last year

Jetsons
DIALED IN!
Rob zombie
Ghostbusters
Domino's
Batman 66
Alien's
Aerosmith
Hobbit
Lexy lightspeed

I'm sure I even missed a couple announced and made in the last 18 months.

#73 1 year ago

I LOVE JETSONS! One of my favorite cartoons as a kid and if this was a fully loaded Spooky #3 I would be all over it at those price points, but The Pin at these prices, no way.

No matter what, congrats to Spooky for keeping the doors open any way they can!

#74 1 year ago

The Jet Screamer episode was a very memorable one. Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I thought prices went down when there was competition from other manufacturers.....

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

My thoughts exactly, I enjoy the Jetsons and I liked watching them. But if their target audience was kids and families why wouldn't you go with a modern theme? Minecraft or angry birds come to mind.

Kids don't pay the credit card.

It really is a tough situation in trying to find a theme that resonates with multiple generations and remaining family friendly - WOZ has really been the only recent title that springs to mind and unless Star Wars makes an appearance in the second half of this year Stern have all but written off the next generation of potential players.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The risks of bizness closure should be going down with the added sales.

So, there's that.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
Ouch.

Wow. I usually hate price complaining but that's just ridiculous. Unless you absolutely LOVE the Jetsons why would you pick this over any existing Stern pro? 7k is reaching close to premiums even.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
Ouch.

#81 1 year ago

Wow same ole story....price to much, no one will buy it, blah, blah, blah, just like when Stern or JJp comes out with a new pin, we see all the "I'm out" bull; please. Fact is 95% of all who say this, buy and like Stern or JJp they'll sell out in short order. Go ahead, thumbs down vote, flame me but, just know your attitudes stems from the fact I'm 100% correct.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow same ole story....price to much, no one will buy it, blah, blah, blah, just like when Stern or JJp comes out with a new pin, we see all the "I'm out" bull; please. Fact is 95% of all who say this, buy and like Stern or JJp they'll sell out in short order. Go ahead, thumbs down vote, flame me but, just know your attitudes stems from the fact I'm 100% correct.

Yea but this playfield makes The Hobbit and World Poker Tour seem crowded.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
Ouch.

Wow, that's crazy. I think Spooky is banking on people wanting to buy the game just because there's "only" going to be 300 of them made. That isn't flying anymore. Look at recent RZ prices, they have tanked as more people have realized you are not getting much for the money.

A limited run of games doesn't mean anything if the game isn't backed up by features, playfield design, toys, and code.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yea but this playfield makes The Hobbit and World Poker Tour seem crowded.

Hobbit has a very loaded playfield, especially once the beast mechs are in use. WPT has always seemed pretty bare to me. Jetsons and RZ seem bare as well, Jetsons even more so. I don't understand the pricing on this one.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Looks like a $2499.00 pinball machine. Very little on that playfield.

Wouldnt that be great? Now THATS an affordable game for kids in rech rooms.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, that's crazy. I think Spooky ...

Not spooky... the pinball company... they are the ones who got this contract manufactured and are now selling it. Sure they are letting spooky sell it as well but it's not their game per se... TPC even designed this themselves (or co-designed) with Spooky...

Regardless of price, and all the other comments, it's great to see this happen... and shows that if someone does want to get a machine made in volume... there is now a contract manufacturer willing and able to do so...

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, that's crazy. I think Spooky is banking on people wanting to buy the game just because there's "only" going to be 300 of them made. That isn't flying anymore. Look at recent RZ prices, they have tanked as more people have realized you are not getting much for the money.
A limited run of games doesn't mean anything if the game isn't backed up by features, playfield design, toys, and code.

Beat me by seconds...

I am not sure spooky is the one deciding on the prices. Remember, this is a contract game. Pinball company ordered the design, art, and production. Spooky is building it, but they are not directly selling it (although, you can ordered it from spooky).

#88 1 year ago

Looks fantastic on the art side
Looks sparse on the play side (looks can sometimes be deceiving)
Price doesn't seem reasonable when comparing to the current models. Even with the pinflation we saw at expo, this game comes in high on the entry level scale.

#89 1 year ago

what a great theme - why not make it #3? Not sure at this price point with what's in front of me. Shame too b/c I really love the art and theme.

#90 1 year ago

Looks cool but sparse. Always nice with new things on the market.

Though scratching my head over a license that hasn't been popular in the last 25 years or so...

#91 1 year ago

All I can remember about the Jetsons was flying around those buildings. I don't care if you're going for a simple home pin, with that price tag, why not include some stationary buildings that the ramp zig zags through? At least do a spaceley sprockets and the high school or something in the back corners. Maybe the family car/ship on the ramp too.

You don't need crazy toys like the MM castle to fill in all that space. Just make it less 2-dimensional with some stationary items. If it's not immersive, the kids in the target families are just going to walk over to their Xbox in the same rec room.

#92 1 year ago

I think the photography hurts it, and makes it look so wide open. No playfield lights are on, and the playfield looks to be lit with some general overhead lighting. If they would have shot it when the machine was on, and add just a little more light to help highlight the features, the game would have looked much better.

This is like a dance club. Looks fun at night with the techno lights on. But once you flip the main overhead lights, the place looks bland and gross.

#93 1 year ago

Oh damn thought this was game three.

I'm out.

Disappointed they wasted a Great theme on a budget family machine.

#94 1 year ago

I have to agree with the negative comments regarding price for what we get here. How can you price this at $800 to $1300.00 more than a Stern pro with LCD (Aerosmith)?

It should be $800 less than a Stern pro, not more.

#95 1 year ago

So Aerosmith pro is a good deal less than this game.

That is surprising.

#96 1 year ago

Yes price seems kinda high for sparse playfield and to be attractive to new home buyers. However I'm pretty damn sure this baby will bring in the bacon at family friendly arcades or fun spots. I don't think The Pinball Company will have any problem selling the 300. Or operators will have any problem making money from this game on location. It's attractive to older generation because of theme and kids will play it because it's a cartoon. Love the simple layout. Beginners and kids can play without having to learn a book of rules. Can't wait to play this on location. Congratulations on another game being produced.

#97 1 year ago

I think we are seeing that pinball is just freakin' expensive to develop and sell. NO ONE has cracked the "make pinball cheap" code, no matter how many competitors have entered. Stern Pros are still the value pin of the market.

I suspect the margins on this are low, the machine amortized over 300 units is probably very expensive to produce.

Is there a market for this machine? Time will tell.

#98 1 year ago

Edit comment, just read this is a contact game! Anything that keeps Spooky in business is great news! Congrats to the team!

#99 1 year ago

Hard pass. With a license like Jetsons, you expect all sorts of mechanical gizmos, gadgets, flying cars, ramps and tubes. A wasted opportunity.

But, it's said that it's not for this market. That's fine, but if you're going to make a casual game for the modern home buyer - why Jetsons? No kid knows WTF Jetsons is. A modern cartoon would have made more sense for that market.

That being said - if this is what The Pinball Conpany wants and Spooky is just doing a contract build - good for them, that's good business to have a mix of projects to manufacture.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from aerobert:

scratching my head over a license that hasn't been popular in the last 25 years or so...

Quoted from Rarehero:

No kid knows WTF Jetsons is.

Incorrect. Was still being shown on Boomerang as recently as last year.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/50-years-of-the-jetsons-why-the-show-still-matters-43459669/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 30.40
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 110.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside