JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Surprised they are listening to Pinside and the complaints and adding some little things. It was stated that this pin was being made for the pinball company and its retail customers that really dont care about toys, rules and price as much? Its great they are adding some things but will it really make a big enough difference to change the type of buyers? I guess will see but my guess is the changes wont be big enough for most of the people on here to be buyers unless your adding deep rules, another ramp and at least 1 interactive toy. That's what the majority on here seem to want and i doubt that kind of stuff will be added. Cant wait to see the finished product and gameplay and thax for more pins spooky and pinball company.

I don't think they are looking looking to change the spirit of the game. This will still be a simple game, but they are listening to feedback and using it to make the game better. There was nothing negative about that announcement.

#552 7 years ago

Me patiently waiting for a gameplay video

JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).pngJETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I thought I mentioned rules several posts back.

Rules work for what the lay out is. BUT, if people truly hate them, I have no problem rewriting the rules.
Rules are as follows
You have to collect all the characters. Outer orbit (orbitty), targets(george), pops(rosi), loop back(elroy), spinner (left astro), ramp(judy), Jane(lower lanes)
Collecting all characters starts orbit city MB. Rinse repeat by collecting the characters while in multiball, using the newton ball to collect jackpots.
Lanes above pops grant a mystery award, and multiply end of ball bonus.
Left scoop 3 times to "lock" balls, then shoot spacely captive to start cogs vs spacely. Shoot left scoop a couple time to release the captive ball. shoot captive to activate jackpots, collected from newton ball.
Right spinner will be a super spinner type scoring .. spinning it up to advance the points. Score may be related to how many characters are collected.
eep opp ork activates when you beat cogs and orbit city. This will be a take on collecting XX about of switch hits.
Then there's Jet Screamer.. Activates, when eep op ork, orbit city and cogs have all been beaten. Rules not fleshed out yet, but you may be force to collect X amount of random characters, locking them in the captive, then releasing with jackpots shots.
Another take on jet screamer would be to collect 2 or more characters again.. using left scoop or right captive(most likely) to start mode. Depending on how many characters you collected before starting, determines your jackpot amounts.

One suggestion...

PLEASE tell me that Spacely yelling "Jetson---yourb-b-b-b-b-b-b're fired!" is the call out for the tilt sound.

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Surprised they are listening to Pinside and the complaints and adding some little things. It was stated that this pin was being made for the pinball company and its retail customers that really dont care about toys, rules and price as much? .

What are you talking about? They never said they were adding anything because of pinside whining, they simply pointed out that the game pictured on the flyer is missing a few things that are still being approved.

You really seem to have it out for these guys. If you would have asked me if Pinball Company should have posted in this thread at all, I'd have said no, that will be a terrible mistake and nothing good can come of it. There's a reason why none of the pinball companies want their reps posting here and it's being proven in this thread.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What are you talking about? They never said they were adding anything because of pinside whining, they simply pointed out that the game pictured on the flyer is missing a few things that are still being approved.
You really seem to have it out for these guys. If you would have asked me if Pinball Company should have posted in this thread at all, I'd have said no, that will be a terrible mistake and nothing good can come of it. There's a reason why none of the pinball companies want their reps posting here and it's being proven in this thread.

Theres another thread saying they were gonna add extras now and that they have heard our opinions/voices and are gonna listen and make it as good as they can ? I have nothing out against anyone and am just asking questions which is what this place is for i believe? Obviously this place is where they are getting some feedback or they wldnt even care to post here about it ? All new pinball is good so thats all thst matters in the end

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Me patiently waiting for a gameplay video

It appears The Jetsons did a decent job predicting what futuristic tvs could look like at least with what we have had in the last 12 to 15 years.

#557 7 years ago

I loved the jetsens when I was a little fella. I just introduced my 5 year old to the jetsens and she loves it. Great theme and artwork. It's always good news to see another new pinball machine.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The question is what is an acceptable price for what you are actually getting and what is an acceptable profit margin to manufacture and invest?

Well when you put YOUR million+ out there hanging.. waiting to sell and see what you are left with at the end. Let us know. Because when they fail.. no one says "good try kid, here is your money back"

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

One suggestion...
PLEASE tell me that Spacely yelling "Jetson---yourb-b-b-b-b-b-b're fired!" is the call out for the tilt sound.

Send Jetsons callout suggestions to [email protected].

Include character and what you want them to say. Keep it clean enough to get WB/Hanna-Barbera approval.

NIC

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

That is awesome news. I am already buying toys. Hopefully, I will find a spot for this one. It just came today.

I will turn it into a topper if I have to. Keep up the great work!

Is that a toy or statue?

#561 7 years ago

I know it would probably turn into a logistical nightmare; but in theory could 300 guys get together to make a pinball machine for $4,000 to $5,000?

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

Include character and what you want them to say. Keep it clean enough to get WB/Hanna-Barbera approval.
NIC

Are all the call outs/ theme music etc from the original cartoon or new versions?

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Then you obviously don't know Charlie or Nic.

Indeed Charlie/Ben both listen to there customers and take suggestions / feedback. Keep up the good work spooky

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I know it would probably turn into a logistical nightmare; but in theory could 300 guys get together to make a pinball machine for $4,000 to $5,000?

Kits have been talked about (e.g., NBA->MM conversion when MM was a $12k+ game). However I've yet to see a thread on Pinside that showed it was ultimately cheaper than buying from a manufacturer, particularly when the many 100's of hours of labor and hard lesses is involved.

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

NIC

Awesome, but I can't concentrate on Jetsons when this guy keeps snickering....

IMG_1002 (resized).JPGIMG_1002 (resized).JPG

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If we got enough guys together on pinside it could possibly be done maybe pinball company or someone else as an intermediary

#567 7 years ago

I want to say, I'm probably not the guy that will ever buy from the pinball company, I don't usually have that kind of money. I will probably never buy a NIB game for the same reasons. But I do have to say that if I were going to, or if someone asked me, I would point them immediately to Pinball Company and Spooky. Mainly for this thread. Nic and the others have been very open and honest with information. And they seem like good people to deal with. Keep up the good work. Also great theme, can't wait to see the actual finished version.

#568 7 years ago

I don't know if this was stated, but can we assume there will be lots of video sequences from the cartoon series along with the audio callouts? I assume the pinheck board can play back video snips or video sequences, correct?

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No.

I can't theorize a single situation in which this could actually work.

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No.
I can't theorize a single situation in which this could actually work.

right! 300 guys fighting over the location of a kickback, popups or a theme?!?! and then a kuleck in the bunch to clean the account out when no one is looking lol

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that a toy or statue?

It's a toy, a snap together model actually. It comes in the box you see pictured. They go for $60 to $100 on eBay. I doubt it will be included in the game.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It's a toy, a snap together model actually. It comes in the box you see pictured. They go for $60 to $100 on eBay. I doubt it will be included in the game.

Cool, thanks

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yikes; at least B66 didn't ship with that typo.

That was never a typo, it was done on purpose. Ask the designer.

Two Stupid Dogs would have been a better theme.

#574 7 years ago

For those who say the younger generation doesn't know the Jetsons and who George Jetson is.....that's not correct. Ricky Fowler dresses like him

IMG_6113 (resized).JPGIMG_6113 (resized).JPG

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These completely made-up and based upon absolutely nothing numbers are SHOCKING to me!!!!
Unless someone else can come up with their own made up numbers based upon nothing, I'm taking this dude's side here. Without another imaginary bill of materials to refute this one, IT'S GREED PEOPLE!!! Just look at the numbers!!!

I know I'm four days late but this shit actually made me laugh out loud.

Well played Mr C. Levi, well played.

#576 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If we got enough guys together on pinside it could possibly be done maybe pinball company or someone else as an intermediary

Start your 1000th poll thread and find out if others agree or disagree so they can make your mind up for you.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Did you ever see any factory tour videos?

A factory tour is like a show. Everyone is on their best behavior and doing what is SUPPOSED to be done. When the guests are gone, nothing guarantees those things still happen. Same holds true with all the stations, doesn't mean someone is always manning one and doesn't mean they are following directions.

#578 7 years ago

So is the next pin from spooky really going to be scooby doo?

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So is the next pin from spooky really going to be scooby doo?

No.

#582 7 years ago

Would love to see " The Munsters" or HG Wells " War of the Worlds"

#583 7 years ago

Great to hear on Elvira and Scooby Doo!

#584 7 years ago

Elvira 3 is not coming from Spooky.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Elvira 3 is not coming from Spooky.

But it is coming.. right?

#586 7 years ago

I believe Elvira is the next whizbang pin, like Juicy melons and Papst.
Spooky next pin we can only hope is Scooby Doo, Will look great next to my Jetsons!
Anyone placed deposits on Jetsons yet?

#587 7 years ago

elvira? eesh. Honestly, how many pins does a washed up C actress do we need?

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Apparently 3!
Boob's sell, ask Hugh Hefner!

#589 7 years ago

How many comments do we need from a washed up pinball player?

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How many comments do we need from a washed up pinball player?

apparently just over 17,000...

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Apparently 3!
Boob's sell, ask Hugh Hefner!

I've never really been one for skin stretched over inanimate objects but I'm weird like that!

#592 7 years ago

I feel the same way, but on the other hand nobody is forcing any of us to buy it.

The more themes they release that we have zero interest in, the more money we can keep in our pockets.

Try to look on the bright side.

#593 7 years ago

I've never really been one for skin stretched over inanimate objects but I'm weird like that!

So you don't like boobs, butts, or any other physical feature involving skin. Got it.

#594 7 years ago

apparently just over 17,000...

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So you don't like boobs, butts, or any other physical feature involving skin. Got it.

I don't consider bone, muscle, fat inanimate...Rubber, plastic, metal? Yep.

To each their own.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel the same way, but on the other hand nobody is forcing any of us to buy it.
The more themes they release that we have zero interest in, the more money we can keep in our pockets.
Try to look on the bright side.

Completely agree. Just think the elvira fascination is bizarre at this stage of the game. But hey, the cryptkeeper(s) just got another game at stern (Aerosmith) so nothing is off the table!

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really feel like this project was rushed and the final product could have been delayed while putting in a little extra effort to make the game have more depth and features. If I were to invest in a contract build I would make sure it was not a dud. I am not saying I am an expert in pinball manufacturing and yes I do not have a clue of how difficult the process is, but at the same time I am detail oriented and this machine simply would not be high enough quality for me to be affiliated with or invest in. I know the Pinball Company stated that they tried to get the price down to a more reasonable price (pricing that would justify the simple featureless layout) but were unable to because of licensing fees, etc. Sorry but I am calling bs on this one. Here is my guesstimate on Pinball Companies new contract build investment...
Cost to build and develop 300 units from Spooky=$1,000,000 or $ 3333.00 per unit
Licensing fee for Jetsons (thirty year old franchise with little relevance in today's society) $50,000-$70,000K-Mabye
Now let's do the math on sales pricing:
First 100 at $5900=$590,000
Second 100 at $6499=$649,900
Third 100 at $6999=$699,900
For a grand total of $1,939,800
less cost of build=$1,070,000
Total estimated profit for Pinball Company=$869,800 not too shabby
I understand this is another greedy money grab situation and it reminds me of Stern selling a $5200 Batman66 for $15,000. Yes this machine is not for pinsiders but it is for a greedy pinball distributor to take advantage of noobies and weak minded homeowners who don't know what they are actually buying. I feel like this is taking advantage of specific cliental(new pinball machine owners) and yes it may help get more people into the hobby, but at what cost? Do you need to bend people over just because they are ignorant or new to the hobby? Sorry if I offended anyone, but to me this is just another greedy attempt to capitalize on the resurgence of pinball. Stay classy

LOL. Your logic reminds me of those Underpants Gnomes from South Park.

Step 1. Hire Spooky to build Jetsons.
Step 2.
Step 3. Profit!

And your baseless indignation is pretty funny too.

#598 7 years ago

Completely agree. Just think the elvira fascination is bizarre at this stage of the game. But hey, the cryptkeeper(s) just got another game at stern (Aerosmith) so nothing is off the table!

Pinball is going through a retro theme faze right now with no real end in sight. But hey, if that's what the people are buying, then who can really argue with that.

I bought a Batman myself mostly because I like the music and it turns out to be a great shooting game. And in ten years there won't be much difference between a 50 year old theme it is now vs. a 60 year old theme it will be then.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball is going through a retro theme faze right now with no real end in sight. But hey, if that's what the people are buying, then who can really argue with that.
I bought a Batman myself mostly because I like the music and it turns out to be a great shooting game. And in ten years there won't be much difference between a 50 year old theme it is now vs. a 60 year old theme it will be then.

I hear you. Just seems odd to me. Elvira is more on the level of doctor demento than Batman IMO...Doctor Demento....Hmmmmm

#600 7 years ago

I hear you. Just seems odd to me.

It's basically down to whatever can keep pinball alive right now. I've resigned myself to there's no use fighting it, just pick whatever suits you the most and go with it. Batman, even with it's beta code, is getting a lot of play from everybody that comes over.

If Batman's not your thing, you can get Aerosmith, Jetsons, or even Elvira. Or you can choose to keep your wallet closed. Either way, you still have made a choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 20.00
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/12?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.