JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.
#451 7 years ago

At first I was pretty shocked how bare this looks but then I remember being one of the first with an ironman and people where saying the same stuff to me that's being said in this thread, it's open there is nothing on the playfield it looks cheap etc etc and they are right but the simple layout that allows the game to be super fast and smooth plus the code makes ironman one of Sterns best!

If the game shoots fast and smooth and the code is similar to ironman as in its easily accessible, flashy payoffs, great theme intergration and just plan "fun" this could be the best yet to come out of Spooky HQ.

#452 7 years ago

I think the game looks good for what it is. Art is great and the theme is a good family theme. We aren't the target audience of this so I'm not going to get hung up on whether or not it is loaded with toys and has a deep rule-set and what it is priced at. Hope The Pinball Co. is able to sell all 300 and I'm proud of Spooky for producing another pin without having to string along people with pre-orders and making them wait an eternity for the game to be produced. Bravo Spooky!

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

None of our kids or their friends (ages 6-15) know who the Jetsons are.

Guys, guys, this is for grandparents who want to expose their grand kids to the jetsons via a $6000 toy.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

However, I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it. It will be at TPF and I'm donating one to the PHOF in Vegas for all to enjoy. Pinside is a great resource and community. So glad it exists!

Popcorn (resized).jpgPopcorn (resized).jpg

Very classy post Nic, and some questions / qualms raised on here answered at the same time succinctly. I give you credit for your demeanor and politeness, especially if you started reading this thread from the beginning until your post. As a business, obviously you have to limit your reaction even when people are stabbing you with a knife. As Aurich, Levi, Bryan and a few others pointed out, completing a game (artwork, playability, code, etc.) is no small task at all, and certainly not cheap. Like every game, I usually understand the issues raised on both sides of the arguments, and try to look at it from every perspective.

Nonetheless, congrats on the game, and awesome that you're donating one to PHOF. Looking forward to playing a fully-completed one to see what it's actually like.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At first I was pretty shocked how bare this looks but then I remember being one of the first with an ironman and people where saying the same stuff to me that's being said in this thread, it's open there is nothing on the playfield it looks cheap etc etc and they are right but the simple layout that allows the game to be super fast and smooth plus the code makes ironman one of Sterns best!

Iron Man is bare, but it at least has a bash toy reveal, two magnets & a kickback to "fight" you...and two ramps. This game really does look like it's meant for small children. I could be wrong, but looks like it's got a tighter flipper gap than usual as well. I don't think it's going to win over the Iron Man club.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That cant be for real

That is the same response I would get when we first started doing high end restorations for $$$ and took 12 of them to my first Pinball Expo booth in Chicago. All 12 sold the first night when many thought there was no market for a $6,500 Indiana Jones when they were selling for $2,500 all day long. Keep in mind Pinside is not the target market and if anyone knows the home market it's Nic and Brooke and Dan. Only 300 units and obviously they have a calling for a simple "family" pin. Art looks great. Congrats to Pinball Co. for getting her done!

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Iron Man is bare, but it at least has a bash toy reveal, two magnets & a kickback to "fight" you...and two ramps. This game really does look like it's meant for small children. I could be wrong, but looks like it's got a tighter flipper gap than usual as well. I don't think it's going to win over the Iron Man club.

Totally agree Greg and I don't think it will win anyone over that doesn't want to be won over, but we are all guilty of judging a pin before we have played it based just off promo photos, but we are all collectors who love to discuss all aspects of our hobby and critique every new game reveal.

It's just worth remembering you can't always judge a pin before you play it, I lost count of the amount of people that told me I had brought a turd with ironman, then they played it and we all know how that turned out.

Don't get me wrong it would have been nice to see this at a more attractive price point, say $4500 and I would have jumped on one of these, at 6k comparing it to an Aerosmith pro it's a tough pill to swallow, which is also what puzzles me about it's position in the market, it's a pin for families and non collectors yet it costs more than a Stern pro with less features?

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree Greg and I don't think it will win anyone over that doesn't want to be won over, but we are all guilty of judging a pin before we have played it based just off promo photos,

Well, that's an issue with the 300-limit/pre-order model. No one CAN play it and judge it ...and by the time you do, it could be sold out. So...what else can we do besides judge it this way? By the time people played IM and realized it was awesome, you couldn't get them anymore....well, until the Vault Edition lol

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it's a pin for families and non collectors yet it costs more than a Stern pro with less features?

#460 7 years ago

Better build quality than Stern and Stern doesn't have Jetsons.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Really? Thats first ive heard this? While they are ok i dont think they have no where near the quality of other companies from my experience with them? They are getting better every time tho which is to be expected...

#462 7 years ago

Spooky games, especially the playfield, are very well built. Quality is a major concern for the Spooky Pinball team.

I'm really interested in playing this. It's out of my price range for what it is, but I would love to see them out on location or show up in family's homes where they only have space for one or two games and there are little kids to think about. I hope it sells quickly and that Spooky can keep working out contracted games for people. It buys them a lot of time to develop and perfect their main releases while keeping the assembly line moving.

#463 7 years ago

One ramp is a demerit and really can't imagine a second ramp would cost much at all.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One ramp is a demerit and really can't imagine a second ramp would cost much at all.

Yeah everybody knows ramps are free.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah everybody knows tramps are free.

FTFY

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So are Willys

#467 7 years ago

Did I say that? Maybe $20 on a $6000 machine.

I'll let them sell it to their target audience.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And for a game to be good, two ramps are required. #alternativefact

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did I say that? Maybe $20 on a $6000 machine.

$20?!

That's basically free!

I can't believe they didn't spring for the extra $20 per game so Jetsons could have two ramps.

Lame.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I saw (what appears to me at least) the smaller gap as well. It was actually the first thing I noticed when first scrolling to the lower PF picture.

Looks like the inlane/outlane post is lower than the top slingshot post. I am only guessing here, but I would say that makes it easier to drain out the sides compared to if those two posts were even.

#471 7 years ago

Working on making this look like $6000....to be continued.

playfield v2 (resized).jpgplayfield v2 (resized).jpg

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Lookin' sweet bro!

Add a couple $20 ramps and we'll really be cooking with gas!

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I saw (what appears to me at least) the smaller gap as well.

Think you've been staring at GB too much lately. I perceive RBION as having a smaller gap as well, and some of the worst outlanes around so you never know.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lookin' sweet bro!
Add a couple $20 ramps and we'll really be cooking with gas!

Im thinking a criss cross ramp like TWD that has a flap to reveal the kinetic ball underneath. BOOM.

#475 7 years ago

Is the mainframe getting a looksee at Rosie on purpose?

#476 7 years ago

I think Matt at Back Alley Creations will do a great job, but I'm sure he'll consider your requests!

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Last time I visited Spooky Pinball, I had a chance to check the game out. In fact, Charlie wanted me to nit pick everything. And I did. There were a few things I pointed out, but Charlie was aware of most of them.
This is, after all, a prototype. It's the first one. For anyone who's built a pinball machine from the ground up, (yeah, I didn't thing there were many here that have) there are a million and five things to think about. And just when you have the million worked out, you forget about the five.
Charlie and the guys are more than happy to get constructive criticism. Seriously, that's how things improve.

The pointed end of the slingshot plastics pointing down towards the flippers seemed like it was screaming to be snapped.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

#479 7 years ago

Well, to be fair, it *is* better build quality than a Stern, but Stern would still put together something that looks and feels a bit more major league.

#480 7 years ago

How can you tell build quality from a picture of a box.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

How can you tell build quality from a picture of a box.

Track record. Unless Spooky plans on degrading their product, which would make little sense, then you can be pretty sure it's going to outpace a Stern machine in regards to quality. I would think that part of the reason that The Pinball Company would choose Spooky is to have a machine that's also a lower maintenance game.

#482 7 years ago

The artwork is awesome. The theme is very well incorporated into this game. Sure it could use a toy or two but I give it a thumbs up as far as the look and layout goes.

#483 7 years ago

Is the blurred out part to the right of the ramp been confirmed as a plastic or is it something that can't be revealed yet? Just doesn't look right, it has that photoshopped to keep something secret to reveal later feel

#484 7 years ago

I think that the plastic is frosted. My guess is that it's to scatter light from an LED or something like that. It could be to hide something they want to reveal later, but I'm not so sure about that.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is the blurred out part to the right of the ramp been confirmed as a plastic or is it something that can't be revealed yet? Just doesn't look right, it has that photoshopped to keep something secret to reveal later feel

It's a colored plastic to hide switch and such.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

It's a colored plastic to hide switch and such.

Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I could be wrong, but looks like it's got a tighter flipper gap than usual as well.

Oh man. Now I need to buy one of these. If the flipper gap is tighter; I actually stand a chance to "PLAY BETTER".

#488 7 years ago

Reminds me of Vacation America, only four times the price. Hopefully in the future contract builds will not ruin a potentially good franchised theme.

vacation america.jpgvacation america.jpg

#489 7 years ago

One thing I mentioned on the podcast is that I like how the ramp serves as a ramp, but also as the top of the bubble dome to the building that they're in. Kind of a neat use of the ramp to integrate with the art.

#490 7 years ago

When are we going to see some gameplay? I want one!!

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This is, after all, a prototype. It's the first one. For anyone who's built a pinball machine from the ground up, (yeah, I didn't thing there were many here that have) there are a million and five things to think about. And just when you have the million worked out, you forget about the five.

Truer words were never spoken on a thread.

#492 7 years ago

Guys, guys, this is for grandparents who want to expose their grand kids to the jetsons via a $6000 toy.

Crazy times we live in.
In my day, we didn't dare ask or expect our parents/grandparents to buy a new pinball machine in fear of being emanicipated. We were happy to have Nintendo, GI Joes, or Transformers. We spent our hard-earned allowances on Pinbot and Dragon's Lair.
And that's the way it was AND WE LIKED IT!

32b44c3ac039bb692573bbed2b0b9e4e (resized).jpg32b44c3ac039bb692573bbed2b0b9e4e (resized).jpg

#493 7 years ago

This looks like a good pin for kids in particular. Not too complicated, and family friendly. Hopefully a gateway for kids to get into the hobby.

#494 7 years ago

Im guessing there's another 300-400 hundred to the cost for shipping? Or is that included for that price?

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im guessing there's another 300-400 hundred to the cost for shipping? Or is that included for that price?

Well probably $300 for the first 100, $400 for the next 100, and $500 in shipping for the final 100, I mean why not

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Well probably $300 for the first 100, $400 for the next 100, and $500 in shipping for the final 100, I mean why not

So basically this pin is gonna be price of a stern premium after shipping ? Apparently its still not done tho and is getting 20.00 in stationary figures .... people seem very happy about that at least....

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Reminds me of Vacation America, only four times the price. Hopefully in the future contract builds will not ruin a potentially good franchised theme.

I think VA was a little under $3K new so Jetsons is double not four times. Let's not exaggerate.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So basically this pin is gonna be price of a stern premium after shipping ? ....

And you wonder why Stern keeps thinking, I must be too low, time to increase the MSRP yet again.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

you can be pretty sure it's going to outpace a Stern machine in regards to quality

yea nevermind all the playfield issues, let's look at how many $15k batman 66 are having issues now. node boards frying still, turntables with weld cracks, wires not pulled back so the turntable yanked on them until it snapped off wires or optos.

I don't know what Stern's quality program is, but I know when spooky was building AMH they had a page long checklist that took them a good hour to go through before they let a pin walk out their door.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know what Stern's quality program is

Did you ever see any factory tour videos?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.