Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

GRC has moved to a new bigger location and they are throwing a open house party. Sunday August 24 is open to the public, free food, and free play! Here is their video explaining the details.

#2 9 years ago

How about that, they are right down the road from me now.
    Might have to check out what titles they have in their collection.

#3 9 years ago

candace is smokin.' id go just to see her... ; )

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

smoking what?

#5 9 years ago

regardless of what you think of someone, it is just good to see pin stores around.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

regardless of what you think of someone, it is just good to see pin stores around.

Well said. GRC pins are flat out gorgeous, and I can only use the superlative to describe thier restoration work. They shopped my IJ a year ago, and it still looks perfect.

#7 9 years ago

Who are these guys? What's all the hype?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Um....new to pinball or do you live in a cave in Afghanistan?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Um....new to pinball or do you live in a cave in Afghanistan?

One or the other! You say they service your machine? Are you going to be at that party thing? It sounds like you're their only supporter here. Maybe they stink.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Long road trip for you!!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

GRC has a decent reputation for game restoration, but a few of their employees conducted themselves in a disgusting manner on pinside a few months ago. To each their own, but I would never support their business based on their conduct here.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

what hype?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

a few of their employees conducted themselves in a disgusting manner on pinside a few months ago. To each their own, but I would never support their business based on their conduct here.

What few? What happened? It appears that at least one of them doesn't work there anymore? The faces have changed but they look really, really busy & their display of pins keeps improving?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bowman9:

How about that, they are right down the road from me now.
    Might have to check out what titles they have in their collection.

Gotta love thorndale! We had a fire at this shopping center a few years ago, I hope nothing happens again with all these pins in there.

Quoted from 2manypins:

Yea, and it's crazy..there's another one right down the street from this (Pinball Gallery). Anyone know if this place is going to be opened for play regularly, or is just a private showroom?

Quoted from Mudflaps:

GRC has a decent reputation for game restoration, but a few of their employees conducted themselves in a disgusting manner on pinside a few months ago. To each their own, but I would never support their business based on their conduct here.

I'd hope their games are nice when they are asking $13k for a Rocky ->> http://www.gameroomcollectibles.com/for-sale/

I've met the owner once and can verify he was definitely a jerk to me. I'm not sure if he means it, or if it's just his personality...but he really rubbed me the wrong way. I've heard other collectors in the area have had the same experience with him.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

We had a fire

Hope they have good insurance?

Quoted from asay:

I've heard other collectors in the area have had the same experience with him.

What collectors in what area? Who is the owner? It seems that all the high-end collectors within driving distance all endorse that Ray guy as the best &/or only?

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

What collectors in what area? Who is the owner? It seems that all the high-end collectors within driving distance all endorse that Ray guy as the best &/or only?

Downingtown/Westchester area....I'm obviously not going to name names, but I've heard from more than one person that he wasn't very nice...and that was my experience. I forget the name of the guy I met, but it's the gentleman in the picture of the megatouch on their for sale page: http://www.gameroomcollectibles.com/for-sale/

#20 9 years ago

I've bought a few things from Mike and always been treated fairly and nicely and Ray has been very helpful also. They are a retail business and have overhead and wages to pay. From what I've seen their restos are top notch and priced accordingly.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

Wide Area Repair/GRC/Ray Brackins is in Downingtown PA.

Ray is top-notch for expertise and reliability.

I can PM you his contact info.

RussMyers

#22 9 years ago

Yes, Ray isn't the guy I met. My apologies for the confusion. I've heard all good things about him. I believe GRC and WAR merged or something similar? I'm talking about the GRC guy..Mike I think, never met Ray.

#23 9 years ago

Ray's awesome to deal with. They are very pricey for service or games so don't bother looking for bargains. I only talked to Mike once...reminds me of a Used car salesman. Have to think Ray didn't have any alternatives for a partner cause the 2 are nothing alike. Good Cop/Bad Cop

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I'm talking about the GRC guy, never met Ray.

Nobody likes the GRC guy. That's why they're pushing 2700 subscribers on YT. Some have reported tuning in because Ray is so great. Others because the GRC guy is so rude. I think his name is Mike & he never helps or is nice to anybody. Some strategy those people have...

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Nobody likes the GRC guy. That's why they're pushing 2700 subscribers on YT. Some have reported tuning in because Ray is so great. Others because the GRC guy is so rude. I think his name is Mike & he never helps or is nice to anybody. Some strategy those people have...

He came in looking for more or less free advertizing at a charity event. I told him I'd look into it, but I am really into pinball and would love to see his showroom. His response: "Nope, not unless you are buying."

Needless to say I never called him back.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

He came in looking for free more or less advertizing at a charity event. I told him I'd look into it, but I am really into pinball and would love to see his showroom. His response: "Nope, not unless you are buying."

Needless to say I never called him back.

Is it the charity event that they recently promoted on their FB page? There's no evidence of them attending any others. I don't know. It looks like their Grand Opening is open to everyone. If that guy is that BAD of a salesperson, it's beyond amazing that they keep growing. He MUST have been kidding or you didn't understand what would appear to be an obvious sarcastic "come in & see" comment. No salesperson with any anything would do what you just said. Just saying...

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Is it the charity event that they recently promoted on their FB page? There's no evidence of them attending any others. I don't know. It looks like their Grand Opening is open to everyone. If that guy is that BAD of a salesperson, it's beyond amazing that they keep growing. He MUST have been kidding or you didn't understand what would appear to be an obvious sarcastic "come in & see" comment. No salesperson with any anything would do what you just said. Just saying...

Nope not the one on their FB, this was a year or two ago. I'm all about joking and sarcasm, but this was a flat out NO.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

I've talked to Mike a number of times and I like him, he's a real no BS kind of guy and I like that. I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a few beers with him, Ray too.

#29 9 years ago

Coming from the same guy

Quoted from asay:

I forget the name of the guy I met, but it's the gentleman in the picture of the megatouch on their for sale page:

who apparently doesn't know Ray from Mike or who is who but does know

Quoted from asay:

For the past year or so Todd has had a few auctions up with 30-80+ games for sale...I check his ebay store regularly, and I don't think I've seen any sell yet, but I may be wrong. I hope he isn't retiring!

and

Quoted from asay:

That's exactly it...their business is making games look/work like new and selling them for retail.

not to mention

Quoted from asay:

That's exactly it...their business is making games look/work like new and selling them for retail.

let alone

Quoted from asay:

The machines he sells are just as good as new. Completely shopped out with LEDs and perfectly restored playfield and cabinet art. When you consider ~$200 for LEDs, flipper rebuild parts, and a thing else a machine would need, plus 15+ Hours of labor between the shop job and art, plus the overhead of running a full time repair shop and retail business, plus the warranty that's included....a $1000-$2000 markup from collector prices isn't unthinkable. If he bought and sold machines for the same price, he wouldn't have much of a business, would he?

Retail prices are always going to be higher. Most of us here like to search for deals and put in the work and knowledge to shop and repair a machine....but that isn't everyone. There's people who are willing to pay a premium for machines that they know will work and look beautiful from a business that has a great reputation.

if it isn't obvious yet?

Quoted from asay:

But with the tetris, it would get a new power supply, new leaf switches, new rubber on the joystick, fresh paint, new t-molding and all the boards get solder re-flowed to prevent as many future issues as possible.

However I would imagine they appreciate you're active participation in boosting their promotional capital with your little folly. Nice work sir!

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Coming from the same guy

who apparently doesn't know Ray from Mike or who is who but does know

and

not to mention

let alone

if it isn't obvious yet?

However I would imagine they appreciate you're active participation in boosting their promotional capital with your little folly. Nice work sir!

I'm not really sure what your point is. In the quotes you brought up I was defending retail pricing and the flat out lies in that thread about TNT.

I can only speak from my experiences and what other people have told me. I've met Todd and he was a great guy, and I hear nothing but good things about him. I've met Mike and he was a jerk, and I hear mostly bad things about him.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I'm not really sure what your point is.

Is Todd your best buddy or perhaps your employer? No wonder you've heard bad things about GRC. Perhaps you're a Grimace-shaped fellow whose task it is to do similar to what you see me doing? I hear that GRC might be hiring folks to simply defend &/or represent them in various forums.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Untrue. Mike has helped me a plethora of times. Even during some of their busiest moments like while they're moving their store from one location to another. Mike still responded to my questions and emails in a timely manner. I've never bought anything from them. They owe me nothing. But they still bend over backwards to assist when I'm stumped. Why? Because I've showed loyalty and support over these last few years.(Mainly via youtube and facebook and a pretty small gesture of support/loyalty at that.) I also find Mike to be a pretty friendly guy. But like anyone who works 60+ hours as week, he's going to have his irritable moments. The only potential financial gain they have with me is the potential that sometime down the line I'll buy a pin from them. That's it and it's obviously not guaranteed as I can do the majority of my own restoration work. Would I buy from them? Hell yes I would. Why? Because I don't see anyone aside from HighEndPins doing their caliber of work.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Assumptions without rational logic... terrible.

Lets break this down. You're claiming that GRC isn't popular because you're holding a pinball restoration channel to the same standards of Lady Gaga's or a Vimeo channel.(Which anyone who's been on youtube for a year knows those are largely bot views.) Okay... Lets try comparing them to arguably the most known and watched pinball related youtube channel to date... PapaPinball. Oh! Look at that.PapaPinball is rocking around 2,257 subs. By your logic people must really hate Bowen Kerins. He must be Pinballs super villain. Everyone knows that's a ridiculous conclusion to come to. See how silly your logic looks when you really sit and analyze it?

#34 9 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I think you guys are missing what TwoChaniz is up to. Check out the other two posts that member has made before this thread.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Naturalprogress:

See how silly your logic looks when you really sit and analyze it?

Sounds like the same exact logic as some goofy salesperson participating in "

Quoted from asay:

I told him I'd look into it, but I am really into pinball and would love to see his showroom. His response: "Nope, not unless you are buying."

Oh the sarcasm.... We think perhaps GRC is silly.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Maybe it's just me, but I think you guys are missing what TwoChaniz is up to.

Smart guy. Didn't he say that GRC was recruiting public advocates?

#37 9 years ago

While I admire GRC for their game restorations and how beautiful they look, I love Todd Tuckey due to how cheesy he is and the fact that he posts videos more often. Not starting a flame war or anything, just putting it out there.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

I love Todd Tuckey due to how cheesy he is and the fact that he posts videos more often.

Is it true that his most loved & popular videos are the ones when he tosses what are at very least somewhat valuable pinball machines from his roof?

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

Maybe it's just me, but I think you guys are missing what TwoChaniz is up to. Check out the other two posts that member has made before this thread.

Pretty obvious , from the start

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Pretty obvious , from the start

So shouldn't the thread have been locked hours ago?

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from abcdelmrs:

So shouldn't the thread have been locked hours ago?

By who for what? Something wrong with the topic or posts?

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from TwoChaniz:

I hear that GRC might be hiring folks to simply defend &/or represent them in various forums.

Quoted from TwoChaniz:

Smart guy. Didn't he say that GRC was recruiting public advocates?

Maybe I don't understand the rules at Pinside, but to me asking leading questions about GRC and then essentially admitting you are associated with them in some way is shady at best.

No more free bumps from me. Posts have been reported so I'll leave it up to the moderators.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #44 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I'm not really sure what your point is. In the quotes you brought up I was defending retail pricing and the flat out lies in that thread about TNT.
    I can only speak from my experiences and what other people have told me. I've met Todd and he was a great guy, and I hear nothing but good things about him. I've met Mike and he was a jerk, and I hear mostly bad things about him.

They both bash one another, but Todd seems to like to do it under the radar over at KLOV. TNT is good for getting hard to find stuff, but they do poor work in terms of restoration. I'm dealing with a jukebox that was supposedly restored by them and I'm still scratching my head over all the hack jobs.

#45 9 years ago

I've bought a few pins from GRC and had one serviced.....always smooth transactions and easy to deal with. Yes mike and ray are on opposite ends of the spectrum personality wise....didn't know they had to be twins?? Ray is top notch tech with the boards, circuits, and inner workings of the machines. Mike disassembles, cleans, trouble shoots, and puts them all back together nice and pretty. I couldn't do it....glad they are around to do it for me

They have been nothing but super responsive and courteous to me in the past....have helped me out with any issues and questions I have when presented to them over the years.....and are just all around cool people. We all have varying personalities.....some people can't handle that especially here on pinside. I'll support them as long as they can keep this train going. What's not to love?!

It's all fun...it's all pinball

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I've bought a few pins from GRC and had one serviced.....always smooth transactions and easy to deal with. Yes mike and ray are on opposite ends of the spectrum personality wise....didn't know they had to be twins?? Ray is top notch tech with the boards, circuits, and inner workings of the machines. Mike disassembles, cleans, trouble shoots, and puts them all back together nice and pretty. I couldn't do it....glad they are around to do it for me
    They have been nothing but super responsive and courteous to me in the past....have helped me out with any issues and questions I have when presented to them over the years.....and are just all around cool people. We all have varying personalities.....some people can't handle that especially here on pinside. I'll support them as long as they can keep this train going. What's not to love?!
    It's all fun...it's all pinball

Same here. I bought my first game from them and they catered to me like a dignitary. I wish people would take the time to meet them in person or talk with them privately. I feel most people only know them from how they responded to the trolls here on pinside.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

I feel most people only know them from how they responded to the trolls here on pinside.

Of course, they also have nearly 2700 YT subscribers. Those people must know something too?

#48 9 years ago

Well, this is going nowhere fast.

Thread locked.

Pete

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jerks-at-grc-pinball-are-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.