ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16-44-36 EV vs. Gas Which Cars Are Cheaper to Own (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.44.38?AM (resized).png
IMG_5069 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Yes I have. Last April I bought a GMC Terrain SLE with AWD for $30,250 out the door. A new Tesla model 3 with AWD is 46,690. So my car is $16,440 less than a tesla 3. Can you do the math? add 6% sales tax = $17,426.40 Now you take that money NOT spent on a Tesla 3 invest it in a good mutual fund with a 8% annual return you now have $1394.11 ($17,426.4*.08=$1,394.11) Follow me so far ??? OK now Gas is $3.35 a gallon where I live 1394.11/3.35 is 416.15 gallons of gas that money can buy. or 12,068 miles I can drive for "free"just by investing the money NOT spent on an EV. Right now working part time I will about 10,000 miles Soo with 2000 mile/29mpg*$3.35/gallon leaves me with $231 in my pock subtract $60 for two oil changes at 5K miles leaves me with $171 to buy Kit Kats while my car is at the gas pump.
Do you charge for free at work or at home? Home, OK I am estimating 4 cents per mile or $400 for electricity. More if you drive more then 10K miles per year. But many leases base at 10K mile annually. So tell me how many miles you drive and the cost per mile.
The cost of your current (pun intended) EV.
OK so my cost to drive my ICE is $571 less than your EV and I still have $17,426.40 invested.
Note that the model 3 is the cheapest Tesla AWD I found for comparison. Also I don't think a pinball machine will fit in it. I did see a picture of a S model hauling one one in the cybertruck forum.
***********************************************************************************************************************
So all of you EV lovers PLEASE let me know of any AWD EV that is about the same size of a GMC Terrain (assembled in Mexico) and how much does it cost. Range and recharge time will not be considered.
***********************************************************************************************************************
I was told you can recharge any EV in 15 seconds or less. About 9 seconds to plug it in and start the charging and later 6 seconds to unplug it. Leaving the EV owner to get a good nights sleep.

Some good math, except maybe 8% return. Historical averages not reliable for true comparison. Could be more, could be less- just not reliable.

According to the polls, most people in this thread love EVs!! Super!… sheep. During the Carter administration- yeah, we might as well. Now?!! The US finally becomes a net oil producer again and we are subsidizing EV cars only? Not hybrids, just EVs.. This is the epitome of a non functional society. Oh, yeah- China just put in 33 GW of coal power plants last year.
We are $30 trillion in debt. We shouldn’t be subsidizing any form of individual transport. “Oh, I have to get home quick for my family”… so they can drive them 30-60m for some after school activity which might get them a partial “scholarship” at a private college where they will still graduate $200k in debt for a bachelors? Come on..
Anybody see that Netflix Aziz Ansari special where he called out people asking Aaron Rodgers to be great at science? Well, comedians aren’t great at finance. At this point, we’ve borrowed from our grandkids. Not the time anybody should be pushing EVs. “Oh, I plug in at home and ready to go in the morning…”. What happens when everybody plugs in? Rolling black outs for days in CA probably- nobodies car works in the morning. How much will it cost to heat a home in -10 F for a week in WI? If we all tap the non- gasoline grid, all prices will go up.

Why are my tax dollars paying anybody to buy a car? Put my taxes into stealth drone tomahawks please.. Too late for climate change, but we can take out Putin before the flood! Start building arks people, watch Waterworld…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trogdor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.