IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
Bloody Hell (resized).png
IMG_6441 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.40.13?PM (resized).png
truck  (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 20-43-13 Ohio just voted to legalize recreational marijuana. See a list of every state where cannabis i
IMG_20240304_193126.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 21-55-03 Shell to close 1 000 gas stations globally focus on EV charging (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 2 years ago

I like how fast they can be

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

in that 15-20 minutes I can refi...

Just FYI you can quote/reapond to multiple posts in the same post.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

If there is less gas, and therefore less taxes coming in, the taxes need to made up somewhere else....

Makes sense. Michigan has super high gas usage & prices; that's why the roads are so nice!

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I just priced out tires at Belletire.com Tesla model 3 $1317 only one choice.....
once again the EV would have cost me more. and I am a bad person for not spending more money to be green

How does it stack up against your Corvette instead if the Terrain?

#231 2 years ago

The main problem with EVs are people on both sides are fucking insufferable.
I drove Tesla and would own one because there's no feeling like it for speed; Its totally it's own animal.
Don't care if its saving the environment, or if Elon is a psycho, or batteries, or if I'm saving $5 or $100 a month etc etc

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Self driving cars - that will work well in Michigan with all of the snow & potholes. Dam car won't last a week.

They've been lasting around here and making it through the winter it seems. The funny part is I've learned a trick dealing with them. If you drive up on their ass at a good clip, 40 or 50 mph, they immediately pull over and let you pass.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

... Many of us like to go "up north".... Sheese

Only the heyseeds!

#300 2 years ago

New Telsa dealership opening in Ann Arbor shortly.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

What are you talking about? Red dots are live/active, blue dots are in planning. Unless you're talking entirely about upper Michigan, the state is well covered.

He was specifically talking aboot I-75 which seems to have one at Flint-->Bay city (48mi )Gaylord-->(123 mi) -->Mackinac (60mi)

My guess is he'll come back with Alpina since it's over there on the east in the furthest possible location? Even though it's far away from 75

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

my google search yeilded ...

Congratulations you're so old you cant Google shit correctly; great job!

Quoted from bob_e:

I guess they figured out that not all car buyers spend $45,000 - $145,000 on a new car off a internet .

Probably more like finally getting around Michigan's stupid laws about them.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Serious question - I just blew through the last 9 pages here while having my Sunday morning coffee and saw a couple mentions about no brake pads/ maintenance on EVs - how do they stop? One post mentioned one pedal driving?

".. even brake pad replacements are rare because regenerative braking returns energy to the battery, significantly reducing wear on brakes."

Huh, news to me as well. That could be a real savings if you're dumb enough (or medically forced) to pay someone else to do your brakes

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

WOW! 1200-1400 for brakes YIKES..

Seriously. Worst brakes guy ever!

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

maybe he like to Auto-cross his cars and drive the stoplight grand prix to work and back

Well I do too, which is why I learned to do my own brakes

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Oh, YES I have, many times ! And the MUSKeteers keep telling me that being able to haul a pinball machine doesn't matter. I guess they own several vehicles...

But you own multiple cars and can't haul one in your Vette.

Quoted from bob_e:

They, the MUSKeteers, still have not acknowledged that fact the Tezla Model 3 in AWD cost $16,500 more than a GMC Terrain AWD.

And the Tesla I priced was 16K cheaper than a Vette.

Has it ever been explained why you specifically only compare a Tesla to your pinhauler even though you have a sports car as well? It seems a bit off; but then hey I know you so it makes sense

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

C8 Corvette or Tezla model 3 which would you rather drive?

Honestly I'd rather Drive a Vette but own a Tesla 3 Performance model.
Tesla is a cheaper and for me makes more sense becasue I have a kid. I'm not in the 2 seater part of my life yet.

The Corvette is awesome and is the best design since a 70s Stingray; kick ass all around no question.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I personally can't drive a car without a manual transmission in it. .

Yeah thats a big one for sure.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Both performance facts are true and totally useless on public roads.

Does this shit even makes sense to you?

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Perfect sense to me doing 0-60 in downtown Ann Arbor between stoplights and 200 mph and on I-94 in Washtenaw & Wayne counties

Do you have any friends or family you can call to check on you? I think you may be having a stroke.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Tesla Bad
EV Bad
Terrain superior

You left out Teslas are dumb becasue 0-60 time & top speeds are usless but Corvettes are awesome with the same stats.

#443 2 years ago

It's like going for the record of most logical fallacies

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Mine is hopped up and 0-60 in like 2.8...

Incorrect, cannot do that on Michigan Roads

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's a Corvette, maybe bob_e will allow it.

Impossible. Bob only has a Terrain when comparing it to a sportscar.
He also is a master negotiator a the dealership; don;t know if you've ever heard that one the internet before.

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll still take my antiquated, soon to be obsolete nineteen year old Audi that will pull away from all current Plaids....

Yes but you had to move out of Michigan to get those speeds sir.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

See! This is what I've said about the Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles! If I got one today...

Just like early EVs...gotta let the early adopters do the heavy lifting in the beginning!

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Stupid argument, all cars can catch on fire
Last week on the way home from work, I stopped to help a lady and her 2 kids whose car was on fire. It exploded several times and was a total loss

Pretty sure this thread has proven Gasoline is the least flammable thing out there.

#519 2 years ago

Heave away...haul away...

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don't hate EVs I hate techbros that want to beta test self-driving software on our roads.

I have a techbro friend whom LITERALLY was laughing at me for how foolish I was not believing that your Telsa was going to be able to auto drive away from your home and turn into a taxi making you rich whilst you sleep
He was sure it was going to happen in 5 years and of course that was 3 years ago.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

...No gas car comes even close to the awesomeness that is EV acceleration and response.

It is a totally different unreal feeling; there's no doubt aboot that.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Are we there yet?

No hold on, Bob got some more chain emails from his mom to share

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.