ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 2 years ago

I can see my garage transitioning into a duel stable of both an ICE and an EV in the next five years. I'm just waiting for an EV that can last 15+ years on the road before I commit. My 15yr old Highlander and my 19yr old F150 have aged like fine wine, but when one of them finally bites the dust, an EV or hybrid will take it's place.

7 months later
#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I can see my garage transitioning into a duel stable of both an ICE and an EV in the next five years. I'm just waiting for an EV that can last 15+ years on the road before I commit. My 15yr old Highlander and my 19yr old F150 have aged like fine wine, but when one of them finally bites the dust, an EV or hybrid will take it's place.

... and seven months later my F150 finally bit the dust. I pulled the trigger on a Honda Pilot instead of an EV. In the end, it wasn't even a close comparison.

1 month later
#4697 1 year ago

preparing for post #4700 in this thread

DerFonz (resized).pngDerFonz (resized).png
4 months later
#6091 1 year ago

One of the issues with EV's is that people seem to think technology = energy. It doesn't.

As with all new things, EV enthusiasts are putting the cart before the horse. Everyone is obsessed with the end product: the cars.
They have lost sight of the real EV problem: Infrastructure needs of the EV industry.
It will take years if not decades to reinforce the power grid, build enough charging stations, build repair centers, train a new army of technicians, build car factories from the ground up and create a completely new way of recycling millions of cars. Not hundreds of thousands, but millions of cars to replace ICE on the road. One estimate projects battery factories will have to run 24/7 for 500 years to make enough product to meet the complete change in the transportation industry.

I think EV's are the future, but I laugh every time I see six charging stations on a hospital parking lot with 3500 cars. As a nation, we are clueless about the mountain we have to build for this industry.

#6104 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is little incentive to build the infrastructure ahead of the demand. In case you didn't notice, programs like this one are doing exactly what you say... trying to get out ahead - https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/president-biden-usdot-and-usdoe-announce-5-billion-over-five-years-national-ev-charging
And things like building new factories, new techs, etc is all already underway.
This is not going to be a binary switch-over... infrastructure will grow with the demand. Because demand == $$ to support it.

5 billion is a drop in the bucket. You'll need more like 100 Billion to have any meaningful impact.

According to electrek .com "there are 160,000 charging station nationwide and that number will need to be about 700,000 by 2030. So the US will have to quadruple the number of chargers between 2022 and 2025 and grow more than eight-fold by 2030. By 2027, the analysts expect that there will be a need for about 1.2 million Level 2 chargers and 109,000 level 3 chargers deployed nationally. And looking to 2030, with the assumption that there will be 28.3 million new EV's on US roads, a total of 2.13 million Level 2 and 172,000 Level 3 public chargers will be required, in addition to home EV chargers." (Texas alone will need 90,000 new charging stations.)

There is no way the current grid can be revamped in 7 years to support the expected load/demand by 2030.

#6108 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Sounds scary. You probably shouldn't buy an EV

I already own an EV and have realistic expectations of the future.

#6126 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So do people in Leawood, KS predominantly live in single family homes with garages or high density apartments without guaranteed access to an outlet?
I live in Dallas, a metro area where everyone I know bought a house soon after they moved here.
Your opinion is typical of someone who has no experience with EVs and who tries to apply the gas fill up model incorrectly.
I wouldn’t hook up my EV at a hospital parking lot. Why would I want to use a charger at a hospital parking lot?!? My EV has 300 mile range and all hospitals that I would visit are way closer to my house than 300 miles. I charge in my garage, like everyone I know with an EV, and every morning it’s “full” with free night electricity LOL.
You seem to think that a hospital needs hundreds of chargers for EVs to be practical for the masses. That’s simply not true.

Taking your logic one step further, there's no need for parking lot chargers at all.... yet there they are.

#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Wait, so now you are saying we have too many chargers?
“wEre tOO ReADy!!!”

Nope.
My viewpoint was a lack of stations now and we will be woefully behind in infrastructure for many years.
His viewpoint was that those stations were not needed because of garage chargers.
My response was that the need is there now and they are in fact already installed in spite of garage chargers.

Hope that clarifies everything.

2 months later
#7226 9 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Fire up those mining rigs!

tt229 (resized).pngtt229 (resized).png
#7264 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

New EV Chevy Blazer SS does 0-60 in 3.92 seconds.
Cum on Barbie, let's go party; indeed![quoted image]

Nobody needs to get to Kohls that fast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=starfighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.