• Neutral 95 votes
    19%
  • *I actually like EVs* 269 votes
    55%

(488 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.10.29?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-17-22 Ford targets Tesla owners with $1 500 EV 'conquest' rebates (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-19-38 Family Own A Tesla Get $1 500 Off A Ford Mustang Mach-E Carscoops (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11-54-36 Best Solar Generator for Home Backup Power EcoFlow US (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09-48-53 EcoFlow DELTA Pro 2 × 220W Solar Panel DELTA Pro Extra Battery D - (Members-only) DELTA Pro 2
248edf2c-1a41-4790-a83f-64f0bd20ad95 (resized).png
f285d5d3-ceec-4b7f-a741-0770ba2431ef (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240409_134107.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
200w.gif
2023.10-volvo-ex30-barcelona-global-first-drive-event-KYLE-22-scaled-1-800x445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240406_000711.jpg
Image 4-5-24 at 9.41?PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

They burn coal to make electricity which powers your car. In my opinion that’s not any better than burning gas. Furthermore, our electrical grid could only provide enough electricity to about 10% of the cars on the road

You think coal is the sole source of electricity?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I drive a 2002 camry that i purchased 10 years ago. I have doubts that any ev will equal its long term reliability and low maintenace costs. For me, the best car has the lowest cost per mile. Until the costs come down and there is an affordable and easy way to replace the battery, I'll pass. There seems to be after maket battery options for the prius...all ev's need this.

Current and next-gen EV batteries already last at least as long as a combustion engine. If you are worried about replacing batteries, you should also worry about replacing the engine on a brand new car.

2 weeks later
#533 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Omg Please!? Lol
Wake Up!!!
Only in hollywood for some, hey.
Why not have a propper look into the real state of the world before the loose and clearly uninformed comments. Would have thought that even with blinkers on, the obvious problems would be noticable when right in front of the eyes. Look up and live! :3
Can you come up with an argument that makes sense please?. Plastic and masses of chemical concoctions burn way better than mostly metal and some fuel. Also way more toxic with the batteries. Try to have a little logic and some brains in gear for posting. Avoid the emotion Lol
Yep cognative dissonance is a bugger. Wish anyone with it all the best. Friends can help, but really it is up to themselves to reliably process what is going on. It realy is not a fine line between "skepticism" and "denial".
Watch Scooby Doos "Zombie Island" for a great lesson in this!. Might help wake up.
Peace brothers!

This shirt makes more sense than your post

gupapyau0w141 (resized).jpggupapyau0w141 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#843 1 year ago
ec (resized).jpgec (resized).jpg
#850 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

RANGE: just under 81 miles WOOPEE
Note that it is 85 miles door to door to visit my step son in Toledo

"How dare that guy be happy with a vehicle that suits his needs!"

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How do you stand up right with all that weight from your peepee? It must be quite the struggle to drag that around.

It is easily hauled daily by his ev, can't you read?

2 weeks later
#1043 1 year ago

Don't mind bob, he's just our resident facebook anti-ev propaganda reposter

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I have a 16Kw generator, It will run my whole house: Heat-A/C, Well Pump, Kitchen appliances, lights, yes everything!
For me power outages can be for a few hours to several days. Fridge and deep freezer are big consumers, no running power cords thru the house
I'm sure it can supply power for the Lights, TV, internet, and aquariums.. does it provide 220v and for how long?

"Based on an average U.S. home at 30 kilowatt-hours of use per day, F-150 Lightning with extended-range battery provides full home power for up to three days, or as long as 10 days when used in conjunction with solar power or rationing."

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Tell me does it provide 220v and for how long?
Well I just went to the Ford Web site and did a build. On the XLT model bases at $52,474 add the extended range package and the price is $72,474 a WHOPPING $19,500 more! And the Lariat model the price goes from $67,474 to $77,474 on $10K Hmmm... there must be other factors involved other than just the battery.
OK I spent about $7,500 on my 16Kw generator installed saving 2,500-12,000 dollars and I would still be able to drive my truck.

Don't ask questions which you don't care to hear the answers Yes it does 220V and how long depends on the usage. I already provided you "how-long" numbers from Ford.

2 weeks later
#1300 1 year ago

If you are worried about having to replace batteries you should have the same level of worry about replacing the ICE engine in your brand new car. In short, most EV batteries typically last as long or longer than an ICE engine. The old days of infant battery technology from 20 years ago are no longer a valid concern for the EVs of today.

1 week later
#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

And you are now saying an EV uses less lithium than a cell phone or laptop? Are you freaking serious? Maybe some of the free weed samples while charging for free?
tezla's first sports car contained laptop batteries how many you may ask?
Tesla refers to the Roadster's battery pack as the Energy Storage System or ESS. The 450 kg (992 lb) ESS contains 6,831 lithium ion cells arranged into 11 "sheets" connected in series; each sheet contains 9 "bricks" connected in series; each "brick" contains 69 cells connected in parallel (11S 9S 69P).
[quoted image]

yuh (resized).jpgyuh (resized).jpg
#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If the US is now second rate, what are the current first rate countries? Who do we need to knock off to regain top rank?

The Dutch! There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

(just kidding I love the Dutch )

1 week later
#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Why aren’t there solar panels on the roofs of the EVs to trickle a charge and little windmills on the fenders to power alternators?

Solar panels on the roof wouldn't have enough surface area to provide any significant charging, and the second law of thermodynamics rules our your second suggestion.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

You're assuming that the alternator would be powering the vehicle while in motion. Wind can be used to spin a turbine that creates power on a dedicated alternator that can be harnessed in a separate battery such as a emergency back up to get you an extra odd number of miles. That combined with the small amount of solar power because why waste any opportunity to capture solar energy no matter how small would guarantee a "reserve tank" of sorts.
Unfortunately after you white-knuckle the 2 miles with your flashing low battery light to the nearest Costco parking lot with 1 lonely EV charger, .......you find a giant Silverado in the parking space.

No, I'm not. It doesn't matter when you use the energy, it's not free. It comes at the expense of additional wind resistance and drag on the car, and you will never produce more electricity than is generated via the wind power. All you do is lose energy with any idea like this.

To put it simply - if you generated 2 miles worth of electricity via the wind generator, you have lost more than 2 miles in range doing so.

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Imagine holding a battery in one hand that isn’t powering anything…
Now imagine holding a tiny windmill in the other hand that charges the unused battery…
Now keep holding that windmill and battery until it’s fully charged. Don’t use the battery until I tell you.
You still with me?
Ok now here’s the most important part, imagine duct taping that windmill on your fender so it spins from the wind of you driving around and keep that battery in your glove compartment and just let it charge don’t power anything with it. Just let it charge from the wind of driving around.
Now use that battery when ever you are in an emergency.
Or
Just use that power you just stored while driving around to pump back into the main battery while the cars off and it’s plugged in. Obviously it wouldn’t be enough to fully charge but it’s stored power that can be used in some way

@ "Just let it charge from the wind of driving around"

The energy that it takes to spin the windmill comes from somewhere. Where do you think the energy is coming from?

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I think you don’t understand the difference between “charge” and “Power” I’m saying charge a separate battery. That’s all I’m saying. Charge a battery from wind and solar that’s just part of the car moving and being outside then do what you want with the battery when it’s charged. Like I don’t know maybe use that power to drive the car later.
You’re arguing points that elude that I’m claiming one can power the car for free from the energy being used to drive the car all in the same moment with a 1 to 1 ratio of power out equals power in. Which isn’t possible.

Sorry dude, you just don't get it and it's pretty clear that you never will. Have fun with the windmills on your car!

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Never said it was a free source. It goes back to my point that if you are holding a small turbine in your hand and a small battery in the other hand when the wind blows the battery charges.
but someone how this magically changes because its attached to a car.
I never said the size of the battery or how much power your going for in a certain charge time but the rebuttals have an undertone that this thing would be the solve all as if im proposing cold fusion.
If im a passenger in a car and I have a car battery on my lap and I roll the window down and stick the little spinny thing out the window what happens to the battery when the little turbine spins? Can someone answer that? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "it charges the battery"

And it also adds drag on the car making it less efficient. So you just charged your battery BY USING GASOLINE OR THE EV BATTERY that is propelling the car.

If you are stationary and using wind to generate electricity, great. I'd consider that free energy just like solar. But when your car is moving, it's not "wind" that is spinning the windmill. It is the relative motion of the car against the stationary air that creates your "wind." I don't know why I keep explaining this to you, but I await your next response as to why it's a great idea to simply waste energy

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Heres a plausible scenario
-Hey my EV gets 400 miles a charge
-I hooked up these turbines that charge this battery thats used for emergencies thats good for 10 miles
-after driving around with the turbines i got 394.6 miles because of the drag
-but now I have a fully charged battery good for 10 miles and I can cover the ports to the turbines now that its charged and I got my full 400 miles back
-and now the solar panels work like a trickle charger and keep the emergency battery fully charged

Not plausible. It is impossible to gain 10 miles from this setup if it only "costs" 5.4 miles in range. Again and again you keep proposing perpetual motion machines. Give it up man.

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Still waiting on someone to explain how much battery loss comes from slight drag from a fan

More than what the fan will provide in output.

#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

No I don't have a dedicated charging station, I do have 120 volt 20 amp circuits in my garage and I don't know charge and ev may limit to 18 amps as not to trip the circuit breaker about 2,160 watts per hour. So how many miles does it get you per hour?

2160 watts, not 2160 watts per hour. A watt is already a rate (1 joule per second). Check the bottom of this table to give you an idea as to how many miles per hour you'd charge using 120V for some Teslas.

Adapter Chart rate (resized).jpgAdapter Chart rate (resized).jpg

#1912 1 year ago

Obligatory

803752 (resized).jpg803752 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

this involved 2 fires on 8 year old cars, and damage happening first, and a running vehicle to get hot start ignition.
The ford one is bad and unusual that it does not occur due to damage, just lousy design.
I didn't say fires can't happen sitting its just highly uncommon. I asked what the adjusted numbers would show. Most ICE fires, including the porsche ones you listed, are due to damage and the vehicles being running at the time.

LOL

"Show me some examples!"

::examples provided::

"Those are unusual, they don't count!"

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Already overloading power grid! lol
"Tesla has asked owners in Texas not to charge their cars during a heat wave to help avoid blackouts and overloading the state’s failing power grid.
The alert comes as the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) called on residents to conserve energy. They have asked the state’s residents to refrain from using electricity from appliances and more to stop the grid from being pushed to near-emergency conditions."....
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/electric-cars-now-targeted-overloading-electric-grids-energy-crisis/

The grid in Texas is a joke. Can't handle cold weather, can't handle heat.... no way it could currently handle any significant increase in EV charging.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

So when the wind dies down do the trains slow down, and when the winds stops then all trains come to a stop too?
solution put soalar cells on the roof of the trains so they can run all night, Hmmm lunar cells may be needed?

Bob are you seriously this dumb?

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

can't you see "lunar cells" is a dead give away

So you really aren't this dumb, you just like to pretend you're dumb? Is this what you're saying? I don't get it.

#2336 1 year ago

Don't bother reasoning with Bob, it's a waste of time

Let him post his boomer memes from fb and ask his anti-ev questions which he truly has no interest in hearing the correct and rational answers that crap on his agenda.

#2368 1 year ago

Neither is your battery since it's at 80% normally.

Only if you have it set to do that. You can easily have it set to charge to 100% any time you want.

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

As long I can have my car for way less than a EV. Why would I care buying one ?
It might be harsh but that's the way I feel about it. Not judging anyone….if you can afford and like these cars why would you not buy one. To each his own.

This is a valid point and I don't think it's harsh at all. I think MANY people are in the same boat as you, including me! I love EVs and hope to own one someday.

Personally, I've had a reservation for an F150 Lightning for over a year, and still have no idea when I will be able to purchase one. The only thing that sold me initially was the Pro model ($39k) and the $7500 tax credit, so for $33k or so I could have a full-size pickup that can haul the family and our large travel trailer. Well I got sick of waiting for the Lightning, and went out and bought a 2010 Tahoe with the HD trailering package. It cost a lot less than the Lightning and meets all of my needs just the same. Of course it is more expensive to drive with the cost of gas but I expected that.

I still have my F150 Lightning reservation just for fun to see what happens, but I doubt I'll be buying one in the near future. The Tahoe is such a great vehicle for any usage.

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good idea. That $39k Pro Lighting has barely any options and only comes with the standard battery which means a 230 mile range. That amount of range is terrible in my opinion. Also, with the colder winters we have here in the north that 230 range drops much quicker then in warmer climates. It would have cost me nearly $75k to get the a Lighting with the options and extended range pack I wanted...If money was no option I wouldn't care but it is lol.
https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/how-much-do-cold-temperatures-affect-an-evs-driving-range-a5751769461/
Many of these early EV vehicles will be like the original iPhone, cool at the time but then severely outdated in 5-10 years. In 10 years standard factory EV battery range will probably be double what it is today, the batteries themselves will be more efficient, etc.

For my usage the standard battery range would be more than enough. Even when towing (assuming battery will drain twice as fast), we don't travel very far away and I would never run out of juice. Now for others the 230 mile range wouldn't be nearly enough, but for me it's no problem. The extended range battery (300 mile range) is a $10k option, however it's not available on the Pro model so you need to get a higher model before you can add the extended range battery. For a Pro buyer like me, the extended range battery ends up being a $20k+ option. I don't need any of the fancier features that the higher end models have. But I still love the Tahoe It also has a slightly higher towing capacity than the Lightning Pro model (8200lbs vs 7700 lbs)

1 week later
#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]
Don't worry girl you will find a man.

Bob, you seem to have some masculinity questions/issues?

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

No I don't.
It is all the EV drivers who Boast how fast their EVs accelerate every chance they get that may some masculinity questions/issues.
even the Electric Hummer will do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with 3 motors and 1000 HP. that is nice to know if you are headed for a dragstrip.
Note to self: The Hummer EV tips the scales at 9,063 pounds, according to the test data, and the battery pack is a significant contributor. The Ultium battery pack weighs 2,923 pounds, and the price for this beast is $108,700

rb.gifrb.gif
#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

thank you you made my point its all about acceleration.
BTW my stock 2000 corvette can make at clean pass starting a 55 in three seconds

Wait, I thought you didn't like people who made claims of how fast their car was? Poor boomer - you thought you were special with your Corvette, now any run of the mill Tesla will smoke you. I understand why your feelings are hurt now!

#2729 1 year ago

Bob comes out as a hyper miler, who woulda thought?

#2731 1 year ago

It's does not need to fill every night since it can fill from empty in 2 minutes once a week or so. And it can go out at night without sacrifice the next days driving.

Just curious, how far is your daily commute? Many EV drivers do not need to charge every night. Some can go multiple days or a week without charging. If you have a long commute you may need to charge nightly, sure, but what is inconveniencing about that? You still don't have to stop at a gas station. You can also set the charger to charge your EV during off-peak hours at an even cheaper rate.

#2777 1 year ago

According to every EV owner here they charge for 6 seconds every night (the 8+ hours plugged in magically don't count as charging) If they let it run down they would be screwed completely if they needed to leave. You can run ICE low and be back on the road with full range in 2 minutes, anytime just about anywhere.

Ok... so can you answer my question? What's your daily commute?

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Snakesparkles I hereby challange you to a race. Your EV vs my Corvette from your home town to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. First one who gets there wins. Car will be in Stock configuration. With public safety no driving in excess of 85 mph.
BTW I have never drag raced my Corvette on public roads. I do enjoy driving with the top down. Can you put the top down on your EV?

I don't own an ev Bob You are the embodiment of "old man yelling at cloud"

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, most modern cards have computers that show you the remaining range in miles based on your fuel level. All 3 of my vehicles have this, and I use it all of the time on road trips and even when I'm getting low but want to see if I have enough to make that trip across town or to do whatever errands I need to run before filling up.

There's always some gas left at zero miles

s (resized).jpgs (resized).jpg

#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Why not? you tend to speak so highly of them..................

Because I'm not an idiot and they have some great benefits over ICE vehicles. I'll probably own an ev at some point, just not yet. I had a preorder for an F150 lightning for over a year because a full sized pickup that I can charge at home for $33k (after tax rebate) was very appealing. I just recently canceled my preorder because of Ford's price increase and because I may not have been even able to order a Pro (base) model since Ford did a bait and switch and barely made any of them.

I'm no ev fanboy, but if I buy one it has to be a good deal for me. I am a cheapskate and have never bought a new vehicle in my life so I may be waiting a while, maybe not. Fine with me either way!

1 week later
#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You know Bill Nye is not a scientist, right?

I'm not a scientist either, but I do believe in proven science over uneducated opinions to the contrary.

1 week later
#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

i HavE NeveR UndestOod tHaT KinD OF TyPINg!

It means this

spongebob (resized).jpgspongebob (resized).jpg
#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Well, just got back from walking the dogs and one of my neighbors had his Tesla plugged in just after 4 pm, right in the middle of what is supposed to be the most perilous flex alert of the week, and paying the highest possible rate no doubt. You just never know what people will do I guess. I didn't take a pic because he was standing out there, but I was tempted
Luckily rain is rolling in and the temps are dropping like a stone, so hopefully we will slip by without brownouts today.

He might've had charging scheduled for later and just plugged in for convenience.

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

We just need electric trailers, so they can help carry their own weight.
Kidding...but not kidding.

With windmills! And generators attached to each wheel! And solar panels! And bigger batteries! wait....

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

Wireless EV Charging is ready for prime-time.
Imagine not even having to plug your EV in when you get home. You just park in the garage and the car starts charging. Negligible reduction in charging speed or efficiency compared to a level 2 wired home charger.
Remember how we said it takes just a few minutes to charge at home every night? Make that zero minutes.

B b b but.... it'll cause cancer!

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nobody in the history of automobiles has ever done a double take when a station wagon drove by.

Wrong. If I see a CTS-V wagon my head is gonna follow it!

#3512 1 year ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

No no, you're doing it wrong. This is the "I hate EVs" thread. You're supposed to hate EVs here!

I hate the fact that I don't have an ev yet!

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

Another night, another ICE car blocking the street charger. I'm going to have to start filing 311 tickets to get the police to crack down on this shit. Or at the very least, add better signage telling people they risk a fine.

It would be a shame if someone let the air out of their tires.

1 week later
#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, tow trucks are always happy to make money so I have no doubt I can get them to show up. What happens next, I'm not sure.
Do I have them just pull it out of the way? Do they have an impound lot they can take it to?
It is a serious dick move to block a charger, and will be countered with equal or greater dick moves.

The tow company would only do this if you're the property owner/manager. I'm not sure how far they'd go to verify this though

They will tow to their impound lot. There is no money to be made for them by towing it out of the spot and dropping it.

#3673 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They wouldn't do it if I gave them $100 cash?

Doubtful but it depends on the driver. They risk losing their job over that $100.

Now if the "property manager" calls them and advises they need a tow, the driver has permission to do the job!

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Well it finally happened to me! I got EV’d
There’s a charging spot for EVs perfectly available 26 rows back where they should be but this pompous asshat decided he’s above everyone else with a normal vehicle and has to park up front in an ICE spot. I wonder if he’ll think twice after I carve “SMUG ASSHOLE” into his hood with my key.
[quoted image]

I wonder where on Earth you came up with the idea that it was an ice-only spot. Was it marked as such or are you just being your typical ignorant self?

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Its just a joke man, I swear you guys in this thread have the personalities of a dead moth. At least vid1900 gets it.

Jokes are supposed to be funny though. Try again.

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Sorry it was satirical, which a lot of people normally find humor in. Not the case in the butthurt crowd of EV ownership. I'll let you go back to being mad about a scenario that didnt happen.

Not butthurt nor am I an ev owner. Maybe comedy isn't your forte.

#3812 1 year ago

you can't randomly ticket people for parking in a parking space, until there is legislation passed that actually prohibits parking there.

Legislation is not required for private property, which is where most of these spots are. If you park somewhere the owner doesn't want you to, they can have you towed.

#3815 1 year ago

I referred to the ticketing that was brought up. But do you think a business will tow its own legally parked customers though?

If a business owner is aware of an ICE car taking up an EV charging spot, they can have it towed, period.

#3818 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Its probably not that simple, and also will vary from state to state in the US. In CA there are specific laws governing the ability of property owners to tow vehicles on their property (CVC Section 22651). So as long as those rules are followed, the property owner could tow the car. But at the minimum there would have to be a clearly readable sign with specific wording for that parking spot.
I think everyone in CA well knows what those signs look like, anytime you are parking somewhere and you see that sign telling you the rules and how you will be towed if you don't follow them, there is a good chance you WILL get your ass towed if you mess up.
As far as I know right now, there is no specific law right now that calls out and ICE car parking in an EV charging spot. It could be feasible it could happen in the future.

True regarding signage. Maybe an owner has no problem with an ICE car in the EV spot, so no issue there. But if you have clearly posted signage ("EV parking/charging only" or something similar) and you disobey that signage, a private property owner/manager can have you towed. It's really easy to just look at any signage and follow it. If you don't, then don't be shocked if you get towed.

#3832 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Hard to imagine such asshats exist. How much of a loser do you have to be to do that? Sorta screams, shallow end of the gene pool.

Compensating

#3947 1 year ago

Troll physics is the best physics

1 week later
#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're just straight trolling at this point.
Lots of pinball people are techies.

I think it's just beyond his comprehension that you can do this. Simple minds and all.

1 week later
#4266 1 year ago

Just got an awesome new ELECTRIC tool. No more lugging the air hose around the garage or wheeling the compressor outside to the trailer. I think it might even work on EVs too! I could've gone with the M12 inflator, and this M18 inflator is overkill for my needs but it's faster

inflator (resized).pnginflator (resized).png
#4268 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Perfect for that monster ICE!

It really is! Goes up to 150 psi (I don't go over 50 for any of my tires). Also perfect for the offroader (not me) that needs to air down their tires on the trail periodically.

#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I would’ve thought by your participation in this thread you only drove a Magenta colored Nissan Leaf

Does that mean you drive a magenta nissan leaf? Keep up boy, I don't own an ev yet!

#4289 1 year ago

I apologize guys. Apparently posting about a tire inflator is just too much for some to handle! I didn't mean to trigger anyone.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

are there a lot of gas powered tire inflators?

No but you might get a kick out of this:

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I have one of the M18 3/4 impacts. That thing is a moose, will out do my 3/4 pneumatic impct.

The 2767-20 high torque? I have it as well. Again, waaaay overkill for most uses in my garage but I absolutely love it

gtvly4rcq4141 (resized).jpggtvly4rcq4141 (resized).jpg
#4335 1 year ago

I AINT PUTTIN NO DAGNAM ELECTRIC LED BULB IN MY HOUSE. GOD, GUNS, BEER AND INCANDESCENTS IN MY HOUSE. GOBLESS.

#4363 1 year ago

He's parroting your dumb arguments back to you. Your response shows that even you don't believe your own bs. Nice!

#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I honestly would be surprised if adding a bike rack and a roof top carrier reduced my range at 80% charge from 200 miles to 75 miles (distance to Findlay), but I’ve not tried it, so can’t speak from experience.

I highly doubt you are going to get a 62.5% reduction in range from a rooftop carrier and bike rack added. That's the type of range reduction (similarly with ICE or EV) you might see by towing a fairly large/heavy trailer.

I would guesstimate you will have no more than 30% reduction in range with your additions.

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

A spare and jumper cables, plus a basic tool kit and duct tape and electrical tape. At a minimum

I always used to carry jumper cables in my vehicles. Now I just keep a lithium-ion jump starter pack in them. The technology has gotten so good that a small handheld jump starter is powerful enough to start a decent sized diesel engine. They are pretty fantastic.

#4456 1 year ago

I'm jealous too. The only Porsche I could afford to own though is a pure EV! It would just happen to run on 12V and I would not fit in it

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4515 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was a big believer in Tesla - bought my wife one - but I cannot support them further unless Elon is out.

Maybe this guy will take over?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.