3%
  • Neutral 95 votes
    19%
  • *I actually like EVs* 269 votes
    55%

(489 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16-44-36 EV vs. Gas Which Cars Are Cheaper to Own (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.44.38?AM (resized).png
IMG_5069 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.10.29?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-17-22 Ford targets Tesla owners with $1 500 EV 'conquest' rebates (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-19-38 Family Own A Tesla Get $1 500 Off A Ford Mustang Mach-E Carscoops (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11-54-36 Best Solar Generator for Home Backup Power EcoFlow US (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09-48-53 EcoFlow DELTA Pro 2 × 220W Solar Panel DELTA Pro Extra Battery D - (Members-only) DELTA Pro 2
248edf2c-1a41-4790-a83f-64f0bd20ad95 (resized).png
f285d5d3-ceec-4b7f-a741-0770ba2431ef (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240409_134107.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
200w.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Look at it this way as this would have helped keep more oil refineries stay open and running vs. closing them down and who knows what would start leaking and what condition they could fall into?

Don't forget about the jobs that would have remained.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Those prices don't account for the tax you have to pay the local militia to get to the gas station and back.

Or the quality of the highways. eg. Pa. has one of the highest gas taxes and the roads are the shittiest.

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Would reopening the Keystone Pipeline project help?

It couldn't hurt! Instead, this admin. does nothing.

3 weeks later
#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hahah. At least you are clear on the subject!

It is the "I hate EV's" thread.

#2235 1 year ago
UStoilet1 (resized).jpgUStoilet1 (resized).jpg
#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

since it will inevitably continue to drag Tesla along on the valuation roller-coaster ride, here is a good summary of the legal details on the twitter vs musk situation:

Here's the condensed version.

musk (resized).jpgmusk (resized).jpg
#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Your tinfoil hat is out of adjustment.
Gas savings are only one reason people buy EVs.
- They perform better and are fun to drive.
- They have less service costs.
- They add convenience by starting each day with a full "tank."

Aww, lighten up dude, remember it's the "I hate EV's" thread! Plus they cost a lot, my cars paid for.

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

so you're saying the people that rely on gas sales and set the pricing.. are the ones conspiring to make EVs more attractive.
Newsflash.. the petroleum refining and distribution providers are private industry and decide on their own to invest or sit back and take the profits - not the government.
This is why meme posts are so valuable.. they usually tell you more about the poster than the meme itself.

You're not very good at meme comprehension are you?

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

why don't you share with us what you think is happening... expose them for us.

I can't help you if you can't see what's going on.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Come on… inform us what the big scheme is…
Clearly you are special to have figured it out. Help the lay here…

Haha, Don't want to get in a pissing contest with someone really special.
You just keep believing what the media feeds you.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

From the guy who thinks a meme is enlightening?

Also funny!

1 week later
#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Your choices are wimpy, wimpy wimpy or this $29k beauty. Think I’ll stick to my 72” Hustler.
[quoted image]

I'll speak for Johnny, Hell No!!

1 month later
#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Re-check that long-term forecast, California's slated for mega-drought and wildfires, not flooding.

Read the Bible, both!

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Awwww man put Greta back! That pic should be mtndews avatar

Greta would definitely get you moderated! I find it hysterical that you think we can change the climate. I mean we can all be good stewards of the planet, but the climate has been changing forever! Can't stop Mother Nature.

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is a fallacy. Climate change is not about 'stopping all change' -- It's about stopping the contributors that are introducing ADDITIONAL (and unnecessary) change.

Where did I say anything about stopping all change?
I'm all for reducing our carbon footprint, but we still need fossil fuels for so many things we rely on daily.

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"but the climate has been changing forever! Can't stop Mother Nature"
No one is trying to stop Mother Nature.

Lol, that's a fallacy. Every time there's a major storm somewhere all the talking heads claim its due to climate change.
Give me a fucking break.

1 week later
#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

[quoted image]

Heard this from Lester Holt on the news, guess it's not fake news.

#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Parts of New Jersey still look like that.

Not the good parts, fortunately!

1 month later
#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Worse than the Beetle

Remember the vw thing?

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Dig the well, extract oil, build the pipeline, fill the barrels, load and transport to refinery, process oil, fill delivery trucks, drive to every gas station across America, fill station reservoir, sell gas to customers, and then finally burn it up in cars. Not counting spillage at every connection point. Just… damn.

Shitload of jobs for the American people!

#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Good question. Are non-profit utilities publicly traded? If there are investors, that usually means for-profit and private. What do you think?

Never heard of a non profit utility company.

3 weeks later
#4458 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'm jealous too. The only Porsche I could afford to own though is a pure EV! It would just happen to run on 12V and I would not fit in it [quoted image]

Can't haul a pin, so there's that.

3 weeks later
#4752 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

But imagine if it were your only car... that would suck, and I'd be pissed!

I'm sure they would have one for you to rent.

2 weeks later
#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He has now even beat the **businessman** who held the record as the world's biggest loser.
But on the positive side, he got to lob schoolyard insults at D-grade celebrities, and allowed some incels back on twitter!!!
[quoted image]

Surprisingly, article says he's still 2nd richest person in the world!

3 weeks later
#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That logic makes no sense, just because you can get a ICE for cheap, it has no bearing at all on people spending 50k+ on more expensive ICE cars all the time. Best friend works at Mercedes, their customer base has no problem gobbling up expensive cars.

Makes all the sense in the world. Not everyone can afford a brand new ICE car, so used ICE is the way to go until EV's become cheap and plentiful.
I'm retired and on a fixed income, think I can afford a 50K car? Lots of people in the same boat.

1 week later
#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

servicing EV's, or they're gonna miss out on some work.

Wait what, I thought they were almost maint. free.

2 weeks later
#5513 1 year ago

What if some of us just like electric cars for all the benefits exclusive of anything environmental?

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gifhow-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif
1 month later
#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Gas stations may go the way of the typewriter and the payphone.

Not for awhile!

#6098 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All the young boomers have forgotten the uncontrollable sobbing when gas switched from Leaded to Unleaded.

I remember that and it was no big deal.

#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

They suggested that people charge during off peak hours.

Along with the rolling blackouts.

#6167 1 year ago

In CA last summer.

#6216 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No, everyone hates him on both the left and right, because he's an asshat

No, not everyone. I don't have any opinion about him either way, but I'm sure his companies created a lot of jobs!

#6251 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I can tell you've never met him, or worked with him, and that's all I can say...

Have you?

#6275 12 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yes. But that's all I can say.

#6313 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

well it's been a month now since my model s died. Been sitting at Tesla for over two weeks. They still no idea when the new battery is coming. :-/

Yay, EV's

#6334 11 months ago

******* Trigger Warning *********
[quoted image]

We should all change our avatars to this.

#6387 11 months ago

Gas tanks are fuel containers.
Gas powered vehicles catch fire at rates many times higher than EV's do.
Any other deflections you'd like to deploy to distract from that FACT?

Guess gas powered vehicles should be banned with that logic.

#6398 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Again. Who the F cares about fires.

This guy

smokey-only.gifsmokey-only.gif
1 week later
#6592 11 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Time to get y’all back on track, with memes one member here called trash.
[quoted image]

Remember we have to save the erf.

1 month later
#7074 9 months ago

Gas stoves are another thing the environmentally friendly folks want to ban.

#7087 9 months ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Combustion is always going to be a target of heath-based air standards. There’s plenty of things you can’t buy or do for the same reason. Should they be friendly to the health impacts of indoor air pollution instead?

Dude, gas stoves have been used for ages, now they're bad.

#7091 9 months ago

You should stop being obsessed with that channel

It's rated #1

#7202 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Teachers are buying their own books, menstruation supplies have been removed from girl's restrooms, states are canceling free lunches for poor kids, and now you want free charging?
That's commie talk[quoted image]

That's BS

#7203 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Need more science there.

boob22.gifboob22.gif
#7375 9 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I had an Uber ride in a Tesla recently. 100 mile ride and the driver told me all about it.

Bet that was an expensive ride.

#7438 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you guys live near Shakeopee MN, the MyPillow factory is being auctioned off and they have a bunch of EV charging equipment in the lots.
Air compressors (make sure they are not 3phase if you are getting for your garage), trucks, tons of commercial sewing machines, laptops, imacs.
I don't see any actual EV vehicles listed yet, but they might have been leases that were returned/repo-ed already.
Print some playfields with this monster, starting bid $350
https://www.k-bid.com/auction/49530?&page=1
[quoted image]

You mean we won't see the my pillow commercials anymore?

my-pillow.gifmy-pillow.gif
#7560 9 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

My neighborhood in CA was filled with dozens of big pickup trucks. I never saw any of them with anything in the bed of the truck, let alone towing something.

Probably all 4X4 too.

#7627 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

0-60 in 1.8 seconds???
This is not your grandpa's crabfest!

Starting at 89K, so yeah grandpa ain't buying one.

#7634 9 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

What’s the median?

A lot less.

#7637 9 months ago

A lot less than what?

You posted the article, did you read it?

#7639 9 months ago

Of course.
But again, what does median income have to do with anything when we're talking about which age group has the most wealth (based on median or average doesn't change that)?

Not good at math are you.

#7749 9 months ago

That’s none of your business. Fuck off

#7752 9 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Interesting… love to see the source of this statistic. As far as I know we are just in the beginnings what and how recycling cobalt looks like. I love to learn so hit me with the source of this!
I did see they “committed to recycled batteries by 2025” but that means nothing until it’s in practice right?
If it is true then hopefully others follow suit. Still doesn’t help the EV situation. But it’s a step in the right direction

You mean you want a "linky"?

#7796 9 months ago

The Manhattan institute is one of the most conservative think tanks there is.

Ah, there's that word ya'll hate, conservative!!

#7811 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

People buying EVs that don't drive much, for example, doesn't help the environment.

Why? If you have an ICE vehicle and don't drive much, doesn't that help the environment?

#7880 9 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

ok so you are using a stop watch , either way Pinfactory2000 stands there with the pump in his hands too listening to the extremely loud advertisements on the mini pump tv like the rest of us.

Shit, can't get away from commercials!

#7949 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You know, if the planet just had it's hottest days EVER on record, don't do Anything.
At all.
It's somebody else's fault, not yours.
It's China, it's India, it's trans, it's big oil.
Never yourself.

Well it is summer.

#7957 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Fox said it was the hottest day ever recorded.
[quoted image]

There's a reason it's called Death Valley.

#7996 9 months ago

Most interstate highways prohibit travel by horse but not cars. See how the difference?

Tell that to the Amish!

#7998 9 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here’s a Hollerith punch card like I actually used back in the day. There is still a demand for them apparently, as there are lots of them for sale on eBay. Why, I can’t fathom. Nostalgia I guess.
ebay.com link: Lot of 10 Vintage Green Computer Punch Hollerith Card Unpunched NOS
[quoted image]
Note: this post is presented for entertainment value only, it has nothing to do with EVs.

I'm familiar with those, my 1st job out of tech school was repairing keypunch machines. 80 and 96 column machines. I probably still have the card registration gauges somewhere.

#8011 9 months ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

We used to have a punch card reader, when I started working at my first real job. On a rainy day, the guys running it used to empty the chads into someone's umbrella.

#8178 8 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

A lot of dealerships are closed on Sunday across the whole country

Not Florida You can't get away from asshole salesmen.

#8223 8 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Hate to tell you, but Dallas being around 110* has been going on for years. I had a 1 hour lay over at DFW airport from Orlando in June 1980 and it was 110 around noon time. It was hot, but at least dry. And I've also been there other times in the Late 90's an early 2000's in June and it was about the same.
Now what's going on in the North east the last few years, yeah time to worry.

What's going on in the NE, since I live here? Been a heatwave recently, but it's like this every July and August. Summertime!!

#8248 8 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Seems like a lot of the national weather reports lately have been showing very high temperatures from the mid west going up into the north east (even up into Canada).

Local news gives you the straight scoop, it's actually been mild until July. Like I said July and August is the hottest here, same as always.

#8298 8 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

[quoted image]

boob22 (resized).pngboob22 (resized).png
#8351 8 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

and it's best to just block you for your useless trolling.

Add another to your list right? Don't agree with someone, block them!!

#8439 8 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Strong statement. If I have something evil in my life and can eliminate it, I do. I don't believe that I can eliminate all evils around me because they come in all shapes and forms. But based on this list and your belief, you can remove many evils from your everyday life. Moving off the grid is probably your best option.
https://innovativewealth.com/inflation-monitor/what-products-made-from-petroleum-outside-of-gasoline/

Seems like a necessary evil.

1 week later
#8635 8 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Just picked up a model x plaid. This will be my 3rd Tesla. Trying to decide do I sell my S or Y. Or keep them all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Outside looks better than the interior.

#8647 8 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

All of my grandparents, my mother, and my wife are immigrants from Eastern Europe. My wife even had to have her teeth and gums checked for diseases before entry in the 90s.

Ditto! Quarantined at Ellis Island.

#8678 8 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Never been, but I want to go to a Buccees, but every time I go by it's so busy it looks like a 30 minute visit. So I skip it.
Looks like they are def set up well for EV charging though. Hot meals, light grocery shopping, etc.

Awesome truck stop for truckers, showers, meals, fuel, everything you need. BTW, since when did this thread need approval to post?

#8752 8 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

It'll be the same way with battery operated yard tools vs gas for the majority of homeowners.

For homeowners maybe, but don't think it makes sense for landscape companies.

#8766 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My favorite hardware store, that carries probably 50 different barbecue grills; has installed 2 chargers in their lot.
They charge a discount rate, cheaper than your home rate.
The owner says it keeps people in the store for 20 minutes, and of course they buy stuff while they are there.
(Same gambit as the gas stations with the slow pumps, hoping that while you're waiting, you'll go inside and buy some garbage. (Or at least have to listen to 5 minutes of blaring commercials from the monitor))
[quoted image]

Are the barbecue grills EV?

2 weeks later
#8871 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So here’s a legit question to discuss and I want to hear from both “sides” if this discussion.
I’m not seeing any gas stations putting in chargers of any kind. Are they in denial about (some percentage of) gas cars moving to ev? Is it not a good business model for them?

Their main business is gas, but there's a large convenience/ gas store called WaWa that some of the stores have chargers.

1 week later
#8921 7 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It will say 17 new posts, but there are none

Not just this thread, others also. Think there is something wonky going on with pinside.

1 month later
#9005 6 months ago

No doubt.
For the .000000000001% of the population that drive 14K/day, EV's are a bad choice.

Yeah, I think he had one too many 3's.

1 week later
#9052 5 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's not just ICE cars that self-immolate frequently: https://news.yahoo.com/devastating-tanker-fire-shuts-down-181719612.html
Just think of the incredible savings (monetary, environmental, quality of life) related to transporting gasoline to all those gas stations as ICE cars fade into memory.

Lol, nothing self immolated. It was a speeding tanker truck that slammed into a broken down vehicle.

#9057 5 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's not just ICE cars that self-immolate frequently: https://news.yahoo.com/devastating-tanker-fire-shuts-down-181719612.html
Just think of the incredible savings (monetary, environmental, quality of life) related to transporting gasoline to all those gas stations as ICE cars fade into memory.

It was carrying jet fuel, imagine we need that for planes, not ice vehicles.
https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/southeastern-pa/3rd-victim-from-fiery-i-476-crash-in-montco-confirmed-by-coroners-office/article_e1ed0ce6-71a9-11ee-83e0-e7d8e4fa2c3b.html

1 month later
#9156 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As the corporate Greedflation gets back under control, gas has come back to reality.
Gas would of had to have been .47 cents back in the 80s to be as cheap as it is right now.
[quoted image]

Where pray tell is that?

1 month later
#9362 89 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I would love one of those.

As a pin-hauler!!

3 weeks later
#9640 62 days ago

I guess ev's are a niche thing like pinball and has to grow, but we're not ready.

Currently we had to travel to Florida to visit the in-laws in assisted living. We're staying in a nice Hilton hotel with all the amenities, except charging stations!

Curious, would one have to travel to a charging station? Seems like you're stuck.

#9655 62 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That sucks.
Over 2000 Hiltons in the States have EV chargers, and you managed to find a barren one.
But I feel you, because I stayed at a Four Seasons for Valentine's Day, and they had plenty of EV charging stations, but not a single gas pump.

Don't feel bad for me, I don't have an ev.

1 month later
#10015 2 days ago

97K, I'll take 2, one for me, one for my wife.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.