3%
  • Neutral 95 votes
    19%
  • *I actually like EVs* 269 votes
    55%

(489 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16-44-36 EV vs. Gas Which Cars Are Cheaper to Own (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.44.38?AM (resized).png
IMG_5069 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.10.29?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-17-22 Ford targets Tesla owners with $1 500 EV 'conquest' rebates (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-19-38 Family Own A Tesla Get $1 500 Off A Ford Mustang Mach-E Carscoops (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11-54-36 Best Solar Generator for Home Backup Power EcoFlow US (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09-48-53 EcoFlow DELTA Pro 2 × 220W Solar Panel DELTA Pro Extra Battery D - (Members-only) DELTA Pro 2
248edf2c-1a41-4790-a83f-64f0bd20ad95 (resized).png
f285d5d3-ceec-4b7f-a741-0770ba2431ef (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240409_134107.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
200w.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1226 1 year ago

The new Chevrolet Bolt will be the cheapest electric vehicle in the US.

General Motors announced Wednesday that it's cut the price of the most affordable Chevrolet Bolt to $26,595, making it the cheapest electric vehicle in the US.

The Bolt's new price slightly undercuts the electric Nissan Leaf, which has a suggested retail price of $27,400.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/cars/chevrolet-bolt-price-drop/index.html

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yay for cheap EVs!
However, meh for the low range and slow charge rate of the Bolt. It maxes out at 50kW meaning around an hour at DC chargers.

260 miles or so range isn't bad for daily commuting to work and an hour charge is doable. I just dont thing its big enough to haul a pin

1 year later
#7030 10 months ago

This subject goes deeper than the surface of EV vs ICE and something that will be tough for everyone to agree on. We've made it so easy to fill up a car with gas today but when cars first appeared it was not the case. Change is hard and changing minds is even harder.

#7056 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I certainly moved out of a tax-happy state. Coincidentally, with shitty roads. I've replaced all sorts of suspension components, ruined wheels and tires on my vehicles while there. Since moving, no such thing. No wheel alignments either.

Each state has its problems though. Nevada and surrounding area are having issues with water conservation. Other areas out West are more prone to fires and floods. Where I live is taxed to death.

#7060 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

You know exactly what I mean.

Not starting anything but seriously, I dont.

2 weeks later
#7413 9 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But does it go "vroom vroom" when you step on it? No? I'm out.

daily_gifdump-21-10.gifdaily_gifdump-21-10.gif
#7457 9 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I ordered his pillow once. It was like sleeping on clay. I sent it back. Gave him another shot with his slippers (fuck the Giza Dream Sheets!), and they were the cheapest overpriced shit ever. Sent them back. Seems like a nice guy, but I'm done with his company...especially since I had to pay shipping both ways to return the slippers.

He started abusing cocaine in the 1980s, but switched over to crack in the 1990s. His drug use continued into his company’s earliest days in 2004. I love that you have to go to Giza, Egypt to get good cotton. Great snake oil salesman with a couple marbles loose from decades of brain damaging drugs.

2 weeks later
#8242 8 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What's going on in the NE, since I live here? Been a heatwave recently, but it's like this every July and August. Summertime!!

It’s never been this hot for this long…ever.

#8255 8 months ago

For individual days of record temps that's a great link but dig deeper on Noaa's site - this is the data showing consecutive days ...
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/records

Texas has set a record for 38 plus days straight of temperatures above 100°F
Phoenix is on track to become the first major U.S. city to average over 100°F for an entire month.
Phoenix's already set a record for consecutive days with a temperature at or above 110°F 24th day Sunday
Arizona city set a record for 14th consecutive day with low temperatures at or above 90°F as it hit 92°F
Miami's set a heat index record of temperatures topping 100°F 43 straight days.

Quoted from poppapin:

Local news gives you the straight scoop, it's actually been mild until July. Like I said July and August is the hottest here, same as always.

Local weather is not Climate

Quoted from mrm_4:

"its the hottest day on record! Quick, everyone that thinks EVs are cool but still drives an ICE, start virtue signaling!!!"
-EV Lovers across the globe

To do nothing in apathy, denial or ignorance is just stupid. I'm not an "EV lover" by any means (don't own one) but its a start to reducing one of the bigger impacts.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Doubtful. We only have 174 years of data. Not even a drop of a drop in a bucket in the ocean of time.

Keeping data by people - but there are other methods to research impacts on climate as Garrett just showed.

#8281 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is some more science on the topic.
Meteorologist Anthony Watts, who works with me as a senior fellow at The Heartland Institute, analyzed NOAA’s data in detail and found that 81% of the weather stations used in NOAA’s database reported that since 1948 there has been "either a decrease or no change in the number of unusually hot days."
BTW, the 30's & early 40's were a tough time to be a human on this planet for a multitude of reasons.
[quoted image]

Quoted from mrm_4:

But that doesnt fit the narrative!!!!

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Disinformation!!!!!

You guys are absolutely correct It fits perfectly in the context for the US from the 1930's/1940's when we created the "dust bowl". It produced one of the hottest summers on record across the country and over 5000 people died not to mention drought. I cited the US earlier also but prolonged heat waves are happening more often and globally.

7 months later
#9818 29 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

With all the rumblings of a 150% tariff on Chinese made vehicles sold in the USA, China has quietly started construction on six EV factories in Mexico.
This will allow them to avoid the tariff (through the North American Free Trade Agreement) and completely decimate the US auto industry.
China plans on marketing a $16K mini-pickup in the States and a SUV for $17K
It looks like the US auto industry misjudged the consumer's appetite for $60K EVs, when recent polling shows customers wanted value, not luxury.
[quoted image]
Even Ford's 2026 $26K EV Skunkwork pickup has a $10K disadvantage right out of the gate.
Say goodby to the USA auto industry, like we did to the USA Cellphones in 2014, USA Televisions in 2009, USA computers 1998, or stationary power tools & Tablesaws in 2011.

To add to your post - China is building huge ports in South America which is why their EV's are going to be dirt cheap.

With Peru port project, China gains a foothold in America's backyard. The $3.6 billion deep-water port is set to transform a fishing town and connect South America more directly to Asia, but it has raised concerns about national security implications.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-peru-chancay-port-rcna124564

China is going to be a huge PITA in the near future. They've been playing the long game with their eyes on Taiwan which is a huge producer of semiconductor used in everything from phones to cars. They have pretty much openly said they're going to invade Taiwan in 2027. That's why the Chips act was so important in bringing manufacturing of semiconductors back home not only for security reasons but for supply chain that affects the overall economy.

#9824 28 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

So far, their EV product has been complete shit. Maybe, if they can do what Toyota/Honda and Hyundai/Kia did they can become mainstream and they likely will. It'll be 20 years though most likely to get to that point.

If a company cant make a product reliable in 20 years they deserve to to TU. I don't think it will take that long though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=hAbO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.