3%
  • Neutral 95 votes
    19%
  • *I actually like EVs* 269 votes
    55%

(489 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16-44-36 EV vs. Gas Which Cars Are Cheaper to Own (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.44.38?AM (resized).png
IMG_5069 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.10.29?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-17-22 Ford targets Tesla owners with $1 500 EV 'conquest' rebates (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-19-38 Family Own A Tesla Get $1 500 Off A Ford Mustang Mach-E Carscoops (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11-54-36 Best Solar Generator for Home Backup Power EcoFlow US (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09-48-53 EcoFlow DELTA Pro 2 × 220W Solar Panel DELTA Pro Extra Battery D - (Members-only) DELTA Pro 2
248edf2c-1a41-4790-a83f-64f0bd20ad95 (resized).png
f285d5d3-ceec-4b7f-a741-0770ba2431ef (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240409_134107.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
200w.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Doesn't matter, environmentalists want the internal combustion engine dead.
Mazda came up with a great hydrogen powered package a decade or two ago. As it turns out a rotary engine is awesome burning hydrogen due it the large surface area of the rotor assembly.
California REFUSED to certify the drivetrain because the tailpipe emissions contained...wait for it... trace amounts of engine lubricant.

I don't hate EVs. I hate the people pushing them.

10 months later
#4940 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

More like "I hate HYBRID water heaters" thread- haha. They're much closer to being the EV of the water heater world. (Although I suppose that an electric water heater IS the EV of the water heater world, but what do I know?- Although for most households, those are more expensive to run than a gas one.)

Tankless water heaters are the way to go. Any tank is a waste of energy and resources.

2 months later
#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s intimidating. I don’t like the Chinese govt.

China has been and always will be our greatest friends.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Why is it "pretend"? Even a coal plant is ~2X more efficient than a ICE...
Now layer in the fact that 20% of electricity is from renewables and things get even more compelling....
Go to texas and 35% is renewables...
Sorry but sometimes reality is too complex to put into a meme...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/s-o-s-for-the-u-s-electric-grid-pjm-interconnection-blackout-supply-renewables-subsidy-report-fossil-fuel-4cbdd56e?mod=opinion_lead_pos1

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't say that at Disney. They'll tell you he may well be a woman and just hasn't figured it out yet.

Dreamers.

2 weeks later
#5686 1 year ago

How are EVs powered again?

#5697 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

TL;DR - fossil fuel
It depends quite a bit on the location. Some are powered almost all by hydro-generated electricity if they are near a big dam, which is great. In other places it can be a mix. Here in CA, it depends on when they are being charged. If it is at night, they are powered mostly by electricity generated by burning natural gas, with a slight bit of nuclear and wind in the mix. There are some plans being developed to try to change this, but for some time into the foreseeable future, the CA EVs are all mostly powered by fossil fuels.

Quoted from DBLM:

Jeeze, all of you are a bunch of whiney bitches. Like EV's, don't; who cares. Buy what you like for why you like it.

That is not the plan. You haven't been paying attention. Ask Toyota.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.