ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly.
Pretty much anybody who is fanatical about their car is insufferable. The way folks turn a hunk of steel and upholstery into a religion, with a decal of Calvin pissing on a car logo as their messiah, is bizarre.
You car people are all nuts! Move to a big city and embrace bikes and mass transit and all your worries will be over!

(the smiley face means you don't have to post those Fox News links...)

We get it bro, you love living in the big city. What seems cool to you though seems like a metropolitan hellscape to me and millions upon millions of other people. Cool, you don't like cars. a lot of people do. Cars are fuckin sweet. I'm sure theres plenty of people out there who think a bunch of nerds who talk about pinball a lot are insufferable too.

On the topic of energy generation, can we get more waste to energy plants here in the US? Everyone thinks its AHHH BURNING GARBAGE, but has no issue with not thinking twice about what they throw away to get dumped into a landfill including the "recycling".

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The Terrain is a performance slug for basic safety needs like passing, merging, etc, tech wise it's from the cretaceous period and it's so stripped down at the price you mention literally everything is an add on option. Those are not even remotely comparable vehicles but you know this, as always you are just being purposely difficult so I'm not wasting anymore cycles here. Have fun in your little circle jerk of misinformation, I'm out.

Terrains are awful vehicles that only a sucker would buy. Theres plenty of good arguments here on why ICE is still a good idea, but a Terrain ain't a good example lmfao.

#459 2 years ago

wow 8700 whole miles without issues? Thats gotta be a great car then! You're almost to your second oil change!

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

I purposely bought my commuter Corolla with a stick and I know a lot of people can't drive manual anymore, but I figured people at the dealership could. Like you'd think that would be a pre-requisite, but the last time I brought it in for service the guy had to go grab another employee to pull it into the bay for him because he couldn't drive stick. I found it pretty comical. He then went on to talk about how rare it is to find one with a stick. I know bud, I'm the one who bought it, its not like every dealership was overflowing with them lol. I don't even hate automatics that much (in fact sometimes I prefer them) but I just HATE CVT's which is what it seems like a majority of new cars come equipped with. CVT's suck to drive, tend to be noisy, and they WILL fail and nobody fixes them.

#566 2 years ago

Yeah I really don't know why people keep insisting that Li-ion batteries are "HIGHLY" recyclable. They aren't. The same people probably thing all their mixed/dirty plastics are getting recycled when they throw them in their recycling can too.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220105-lithium-batteries-big-unanswered-question

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Oh and plastic recycling is a joke, it takes more energy to recycle than to just make new plastic and the majority of it ends up in landfills anyhow.

Landfills in impoverished countries a lot of times even. So not only do they not get recycled but we put them on some of the most polluting vehicles on the planet (cargo ships) and send them off for some other place to deal with. Awful.

BTW the article you linked basically says that they are still trying to figure out a good way to recycle the batteries especially on the levels that we might see in the near future as EV's become more and more common, which is a major issue right now. It also contains a quote from Tesla that all their batteries are 100% recycled, but as we just discussed, recycled doesn't always mean recycled. Sorry, but currently they are NOT "highly" recyclable and you need to get that idea out of your head until its proven that they are AND that companies will actually follow through with doing it.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think recycling and material reclamation are one of the fascinating engineering problems we have right now, and I highly recommend every dive in to it. It's such a broad topic, and saying something is "recyclable" is about as useful to a conversation as a doctor telling you that you have "cancer". i.e. it's a catch-all term that hide the vast complexities and variation beneath.
Most people hear "recyclable" and then tune out, nothing more to be asked. That's the reason they put the "Recycle #7" symbol on the bottom of plastics: it makes people feel better. Most people don't know that type 7 plastics aren't actually recyclable in any reasonable capacity, and most people don't eve know that plastics type 1 through 6 (the number inside the symbol on the plastic) are BARELY recyclable, and in a best-case scenario only have one further limited use in their life span.
Batteries are way worse than plastics when it comes to recycling, too. And in the same way that petroleum companies spent millions and millions trying to drill into us that plastics were recyclable so we shouldn't question why we use them in such a profoundly massive way, people involved in the batteries industries don't want us to think too hard about the huge implications of the complexities around battery manufacturing, recycling, and material recovery.

Nice to see someone else who is such a waste disposal nerd like myself. I find the whole process fascinating, alarming, and in some ways downright sickening. Its absolutely crazy to me that people have been duped into thinking they are helping the environment when in reality they are making things so much worse, while blocking technologies that can be very beneficial like W2E. I'm a big proponent of waste to energy. But no, people are against that, while being perfectly content with loading cargo ships full of garbage and dumping it off in some foreign land.

Quoted from cait001:

Corporations lying to us to steer the entire public conversation so that they can make massive profits by using the earth as their toxic dumping grounds? *monocle pops off*
The earth can't afford these kinds of people dominating our countries any more. sigh.

I'm far from a tree hugger, but even I can get behind helping the earth. Just the ways we go about it are so back assward sometime. Can I be the guy who wants to keep ICE around as well as protect the environment where we can? So much of this just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face, except someone convinced you it was a good idea.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Hello! Can I ask what kind of places you follow for more waste disposal nerdery? I'm always looking for more.
I love everything from civic policy discussions, to variations in collection implementation, sorting mechanisms, disposal options, waste site facility design, material recovery, international laws in regards to offloading, variations in environmental policies, etc.
on that same topic, I'm also interested in sanitation system infrastructure design, an often overlooked component with much overlap in regards to the science, industry, and sheer foundational aspects of our society.

I don't have any better sources than you, I just read a lot of articles, watch youtube videos, ect. I love seeing how the facilities work and all the different steps in the process.

6 months later
#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Ford F100 is probably the 2nd best looking EV.
0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 480hp with the Ford Eluminator crate motor
If this thing does not get you laid, you truly are an incel.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm with you on most of that, but the only woman you're going to attract with that (if you're lucky) is some sweat hog that puts down more packs of Winston's and Miller Lite's than even a hardened good ol boy. That truck (just like my Raptor) is what I like to refer to as a "dick magnet" instead of a chick magnet. You'll impress all the dudes when you pull up but the girls will just think its an junky old truck

3 months later
#5075 1 year ago

Maybe the father was Toonces the Driving Cat

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.