IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
Bloody Hell (resized).png
IMG_6441 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.40.13?PM (resized).png
truck  (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 20-43-13 Ohio just voted to legalize recreational marijuana. See a list of every state where cannabis i
IMG_20240304_193126.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 21-55-03 Shell to close 1 000 gas stations globally focus on EV charging (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 17-01-33 A coal billionaire is building the world’s biggest clean energy plant and it’s five times the
f-150-lightning-switchgear-40-65a81a0876c32 (resized).jpg

There are 9,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 198.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's going to be funny as more and more high torque EVs are on the road and muscle heads ignorant of EV tech want to challenge them to drag.

I wasn't ignorant but I did attempt to drag my Targa with a Tesla Roadster (1st gen) in Monterey.

Absolutely destroyed me, guy was laughing his ass off.

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed. I do not like having to look at a touch screen to adjust things.
At night the screens invert to dark mode - our Tesla and my Taycan both do this.

I thought exactly the same thing. However, after Tesla ownership, I have learned to appreciate and prefer the single screen. Our other electric car, a Chevy bolt, has all of the tactile stuff that gets actually annoying. Who’d of thought?!

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was working in CA at the time, and spent December 2018 in Texas driving her car for a month. When I got back to CA and drove my Targa, it very literally felt broken. I'm like, where is the power and torque??
That started EV envy for me - I knew my next car would be electric, but I didn't know which one.
I didn't want the same car she has. The Taycans at the time were 150-200K (4S/Turbo S) - outside my price range.
I test drove a Model S (this was before the current refresh w/ the yoke) - while on paper it was fast, it felt completely dead.
I hated it. Somehow her little Model 3 was so much more fun than the S.

I can relate with this. We’ve been driving a Performance Stealth Model 3 for 4 years now. It doesn’t have the 20” wheels or brakes. When we get in our other gas car it just feels clunky, all wrong, and unintuitive to use. I too drove a few other EVs, including a Model S & X, but they were all just too big, expensive, or badly implemented gas conversions of an EV. The nimbleness of the Model 3 performance is just right. Great power to weight, good handling, etc.

I’m glad they had a Porsche to fit your wants and yes a Boxter one day would be great. We’ve done many long trips. I honestly never see us buying a gas car again.

#3654 1 year ago

There’s so much distain for EVs these days. I don’t get it. There’s honestly a place for both in the world. But I keep hearing so much misinformation too.

For instance “EVs take too long to charge. I just want to pull up, pump gas, and go”. So let’s look at this for a minute. The average American fuels up once a week and takes 7 minutes to pull up, fuel, pay, and go. They also take about 1 or 2 long trips a year requiring fueling up en route. Let’s compare the two…

Gas
7 minutes X 52 weeks x 5 years is 30 hours pumping gas. You always have to stop to pump gas - even if you take no long trips. And if you stop to eat or shop you have to do that after pumping gas - that adds to the time.

EV
Almost all refueling happens at home. Zero time inconvenienced - well I guess a few seconds to plug in. Wake every morning with a full tank. With 330 miles of range for the 1 to 2 long trips you have to stop for 20 minutes every 3.5 to 4 hours of driving to fast charge. But I’d probably be stopping after that much time anyway for food, restroom, stretch, etc. So 20 minutes X 2x a year X 5 years = 3.5 hours. Even if your trip was much longer requiring more stops your fueling time is probably shorter. And you can charge while you eat or shop.

Reality: It takes 5-10x longer to refuel driving a gas car than an EV.

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

I honestly never see us buying a gas car again.

I don't either.

Quoted from tripplett:

There’s so much distain for EVs these days. I don’t get it. There’s honestly a place for both in the world. But I keep hearing so much misinformation too.

The loudest ones are people who fear change. The world is changing in many ways that make them uncomfortable and this is just one more thing.
They wrongly believe that shitposting anti-EV memes on Facebook will stop them.

The problem for them is, EVs sell themselves. Once you drive a good one there's no going back.

#3656 1 year ago

Of course I have not been around the entire 10,000 years that the earth has, but the USDA Planting Zones have changed at least twice in the last few decades

Many people who plant vegetables have seen their Zone 6 become a Zone 7 in their lifetime.

Not sure if pollution has caused all of it, but the climate is a-change-in

#3657 1 year ago

I'm really behind on this thread, but after reading UnnDunn 's account of his weeked when I read the charger he wanted to use was ICE'd I thought he meant dead. Like dead on ice. Then a few comments later I realized it meant blocked by an Internal Cumbustable Engine vehicle. You know what they say, you learn something new everyday.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm really behind on this thread, but after reading UnnDunn 's account of his weeked when I read the charger he wanted to use was ICE'd I thought he meant dead. Like dead on ice. Then a few comments later I realized it meant blocked by an Internal Cumbustable Engine vehicle. You know what they say, you learn something new everyday.

Yeah, as an EV driver you quickly grow to detest those assholes who block EV charger spaces with non-EVs. It's like people who take up the handicap parking spots when they aren't handicapped.

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

Yeah, as an EV driver you quickly grow to detest those assholes who block EV charger spaces with non-EVs.

8984489A-F84F-4DB6-88EE-284B86DE93DE (resized).jpeg8984489A-F84F-4DB6-88EE-284B86DE93DE (resized).jpeg
#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Same place as the windmill blades, another boondoggle. [quoted image]

At least that’s good for the environment! Out of sight out of mind. Bury them quick!

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

Yeah, as an EV driver you quickly grow to detest those assholes who block EV charger spaces with non-EVs. It's like people who take up the handicap parking spots when they aren't handicapped.

Susan was on a road trip shortly after getting her car and got ICEd...she had to take the handicap spot to reach the charger due to assholes. This hotel was chosen specifically for the charger and she needed it to continue her journey.

The Honda even tossed the charging cable under his ICE car to make it look like he was charging. >

If this ever happens to me you WILL be towed, or worse.

IMG_0102.JPGIMG_0102.JPG
#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Susan was on a road trip shortly after getting her car and got ICEd...she had to take the handicap spot to reach the charger due to assholes. This hotel was chosen specifically for the charger and she needed it to continue her journey.
The Honda even tossed the charging cable under his ICE car to make it look like he was charging. >
If this ever happens to me you WILL be towed, or worse.[quoted image]

Curious - how does that work? Can you call for a tow because they are in a charger spot? Trying to understand the mechanics of this, because should I ever get an EV, I am more than willing to do that. No different than parking at a pump and going shopping....

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Curious - how does that work? Can you call for a tow because they are in a charger spot? Trying to understand the mechanics of this, because should I ever get an EV, I am more than willing to do that. No different than parking at a pump and going shopping....

Well, tow trucks are always happy to make money so I have no doubt I can get them to show up. What happens next, I'm not sure.

Do I have them just pull it out of the way? Do they have an impound lot they can take it to?

It is a serious dick move to block a charger, and will be countered with equal or greater dick moves.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image]

Or... Don't be an inconsiderate asshole because you're too ignorant to accept the reality that EVs are here and people want to buy and drive them? People who ICE do it because they think they're being funny or are jealous they can't afford an EV so they have to stick it to the rich person... Those are the two camps, that's it... Both are equally stupid and trashy but that's who these people are.

Right after I got my first Tesla some assholes threw up all over the hood of it while I was inside of a grocery store, had someone come up to me and say they saw what happened and it was clearly deliberate as they were laughing after they finished vomiting all over my hood... Luckily for me I just had it ceramic coated so while the stomach acid destroyed the ceramic, my detailer was able to save the paint and re-coat it at my cost of course.

Jeff

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, tow trucks are always happy to make money so I have no doubt I can get them to show up. What happens next, I'm not sure.
Do I have them just pull it out of the way? Do they have an impound lot they can take it to?
It is a serious dick move to block a charger, and will be countered with equal or greater dick moves.

The tow company would only do this if you're the property owner/manager. I'm not sure how far they'd go to verify this though

They will tow to their impound lot. There is no money to be made for them by towing it out of the spot and dropping it.

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The tow company would only do this if you're the property owner/manager. I'm not sure how far they'd go to verify this though
They will tow to their impound lot. There is no money to be made for them by towing it out of the spot and dropping it.

Yep... So if you are going to do this, you are the property manager and I HIGHLY doubt anyone questions you on that due to the money that they'll make when the asshole goes to retrieve their vehicle...

Jeff

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They wouldn't do it if I gave them $100 cash?

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Or... Don't be an inconsiderate asshole because you're too ignorant to accept the reality that EVs are here and people want to buy and drive them? People who ICE do it because they think they're being funny or are jealous they can't afford an EV so they have to stick it to the rich person... Those are the two camps, that's it... Both are equally stupid and trashy but that's who these people are.
Right after I got my first Tesla some assholes threw up all over the hood of it while I was inside of a grocery store, had someone come up to me and say they saw what happened and it was clearly deliberate as they were laughing after they finished vomiting all over my hood... Luckily for me I just had it ceramic coated so while the stomach acid destroyed the ceramic, my detailer was able to save the paint and re-coat it at my cost of course.
Jeff

Did you get it on the teslacam?

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you get it on the teslacam?

This was back in like 2014/15 well before that feature existed I'm afraid...

Jeff

#3670 1 year ago

Looking at the pic of Susan's ICEing incident...

I think I would have paid a tow to move the offending car into the handicap spot, then called the cops on them

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looking at the pic of Susan's ICEing incident...
I think I would have paid a tow to move the offending car into the handicap spot, then called the cops on them

I doubt that would have helped since the handicap spot was on private property and unless the business wants to do something, the cops won't on their own... Your best bet here is to play property owner (assuming the tow truck even asks) and have them towed back to the yard on the car owners dime...

Jeff

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

That’s amazing!

#3673 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They wouldn't do it if I gave them $100 cash?

Doubtful but it depends on the driver. They risk losing their job over that $100.

Now if the "property manager" calls them and advises they need a tow, the driver has permission to do the job!

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

That’s amazing!

Really? You think doing thousands of dollars of damage to a car just because it has a battery instead of a gas tank is "amazing"? I'll just stop there so I don't get moderated...

Jeff

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Really? You think doing thousands of dollars of damage to a car just because it has a battery instead of a gas tank is "amazing"? I'll just stop there so I don't get moderated...
Jeff

He's one of the people that isn't just "EV's aren't for me" he is actively an EV hater who wants them to go away.

Probably posts EV disinformation on Facebook

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

He's one of the people that isn't just "EV's aren't for me" he is actively an EV hater who wants them to go away.
Probably posts EV disinformation on Facebook

“He” is blocked…. I know I promised to be the ev loving punching bag for this thread, but I can’t handle that guys sub-human crap.

#3677 1 year ago

My Ford dealer gave me an F150 Lightning last week as a loaner while my Expedition was being serviced....wow, what a pleasure to drive! Ironically, I just ordered a gas F150 that arrives in 6 months. Maybe next time it will be an EV when they become more mainstream.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Yes, that someone was violently ill in a grocery store parking lot and specifically and deliberately wondered around and picked a car to puke on that has a battery instead of a gas tank not only sounds like bullshit but is also amazing!

Quoted from paynemic:

“He” is blocked…. I know I promised to be the ev loving punching bag for this thread, but I can’t handle that guys sub-human crap.

Sub human? At least I have the balls to read everything on the internet instead of blocking people I dont agree with then crying about them every time you see a "User Ignored" post.

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yes, that someone was violently ill in a grocery store parking lot and specifically and deliberately wondered around and picked a car to puke on that has a battery instead of a gas tank not only sounds like bullshit but is also amazing!

Sub human? At least I have the balls to read everything on the internet instead of blocking people I dont agree with then crying about them every time you see a "User Ignored" post.

Violently ill? FFS... Just trash people doing trash things, something I think you'd be familiar with, no? I already made it clear what happened but since you seem to identify with the type of people who'd do that, your reaction isn't all that surprising...

I don't believe in blocking people either but I also won't sit there and allow them to spew bullshit without calling them on it...

Jeff

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Violently ill? FFS... Just trash people doing trash things, something I think you'd be familiar with, no? I already made it clear what happened but since you seem to identify with the type of people who'd do that, your reaction isn't all that surprising...
I don't believe in blocking people either but I also won't sit there and allow them to spew bullshit without calling them on it...
Jeff

In all fairness I didnt spew anything, that dude in the parking lot did.... all over your car... I just hate EVs, I wouldnt mess with them. And before the whole "You blocked spots with your truck! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" starts up that whole scenario was just a story to trigger people which still rattles you guys to this day. So hilarious.
My truck identifies as an EV guys, deal with it.
BTW You do take the time and make it a point to type your name in every single post or is it automated?

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

In all fairness I didnt spew anything, that dude in the parking lot did.... all over your car... I just hate EVs, I wouldnt mess with them. And before the whole "You blocked spots with your truck! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" starts up that whole scenario was just a story to trigger people which still rattles you guys to this day. So hilarious.

There you go folks. Two wrongs DO make a right.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There you go folks. Two wrongs DO make a right.

Glad im off your list girloveswaffles and you can see me again

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

And before the whole "You blocked spots with your truck! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" starts up that whole scenario was just a story to trigger people which still rattles you guys to this day. So hilarious.
My truck identifies as an EV guys, deal with it.

Intentionally blocking people's travel and finding it "hilarious" is sociopathic.

#3684 1 year ago

ProTip: Do not Google this while at work.

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

My Ford dealer gave me an F150 Lightning last week as a loaner while my Expedition was being serviced....wow, what a pleasure to drive! Ironically, I just ordered a gas F150 that arrives in 6 months. Maybe next time it will be an EV when they become more mainstream.

They gave you an F150 Lightning as a loaner? Nice!

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If this ever happens to me you WILL be towed, or worse.[quoted image]

Where is the parking spot even marked or demarked to not be used by other cars?

And few will ever support your idea of towing a car. I know as a private property owner who needs to enforce towing in a contested area it's very risky to us.. and that's with plenty of signage and city ordinances to back it up.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Where is the parking spot even marked or demarked to not be used by other cars?

You can't see because of the 2 cars parked in both charger spots, but it's on the stumps that hold the chargers.
At least one of the drivers knew because he tried to pretend he was charging by tossing the cable under his car.

Quoted from flynnibus:

And few will ever support your idea of towing a car. I know as a private property owner who needs to enforce towing in a contested area it's very risky to us.. and that's with plenty of signage and city ordinances to back it up.

Maybe so but if I'm ever in a position where I can't charge because someone is ICEing a spot that I'm counting on, I'm going to try.

#3688 1 year ago

The hotel front desk may know the room number that license plate belongs to and request they move to avoid being being towed. I would start there.

#3689 1 year ago

I would remove their license plate, and then deeply key their doors with the word "volt"

A constant reminder of their sin, and a few dozen pullovers on the way home.

There was a Porsche that used to park diagonally across 3 spaces on the very limited campus parking. I scraped "learn to park correctly" on her hood

I'm sure her dad was pissed, and after that, she only took a single space

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Was this your first time driving an EV?

#3691 1 year ago

Yes it was! My biz and fam buy a lot of vehicles from him and he is like a brother, thus, the nice loaner... had it for four days.

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yes it was! My biz and fam buy a lot of vehicles from him and he is like a brother, thus, the nice loaner... had it for four days.

The power and torque is nuts, right?

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The problem for them is, EVs sell themselves. Once you drive a good one there's no going back.

I kind of disagree. I have a Zero FX fully electric motorcycle and I love it. It's fun to ride because it's electric, quiet, fast and has no gears or clutch. I also have a KTM Adventure cycle that is fun to drive because it is not electric, it's noisy, it has gears and a clutch and it's also fast.

I have a brand new F-150 hybrid. To me it is much more desirable than the lightning because to fill my needs it has to be both a long distance driver and long distance tow vehicle as well as an off grid generator. It has the same 7500 watt generator output as the Lightning, but it also has a 30 gallon gas tank to keep running my house in the hurricane long after the Lightning would be dead as both car and generator. It also has 600+ miles of highway range for my trips to the mountains. Once I get there it can charge my electric bike, scooter, golf cart and motorcycle without need of a hookup site at the campground.

As for electric cars vs gas cars, I like both. I see these arguments as Ford vs Chevy, xbox vs playstation, etc. This is not a black and white issue. If you are a fervent electric car evangelist, you are no better than the EV haters. Get over it.

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

As for electric cars vs gas cars, I like both. I see these arguments as Ford vs Chevy, xbox vs playstation, etc. This is not a black and white issue. If you are a fervent electric car evangelist, you are no better than the EV haters. Get over it.

No argument from me. I appreciate the perspective, and also can appreciate the fun (and noise) of ICE vehicles. As well as your requirements.

I should say for me_ once I drove an EV I was smitten by the smooth seemingly limitless power delivery.

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would remove their license plate, and then deeply key their doors with the word "volt"
There was a Porsche that used to park diagonally across 3 spaces on the very limited campus parking. I scraped "learn to park correctly" on her hood

Yeah, I've run into jerks that take more than their share of parking before:Parking like a douche MEME (resized).jpgParking like a douche MEME (resized).jpg
... and I saw this person do this more than one at the same Goodwill Store in Santa Ana. Thus, the MEME.

#3697 1 year ago

The issue here at its root is not ICE parking in EV spots. The issue is the EV spots being in a prime location and lazy people parking in them because they are open and closest to the entrance. If you want to significantly reduce this type of behavior then the charging stations should be located at/near some of the furthest spots from the entrance (or in a far less convenient location). Not saying people who do this aren’t jerks, but human behavior is predictable. Also, having the EV charging spots in a prime location conveys/implies privilege for EV drivers, which in turn evokes a “You think you’re better than me? I’ll show you!” attitude in some.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Because parking in one’s spot is worthy of vandalism and potentially thousands of dollars in damage (not to mention your arrest and/or lawsuit)? Come on, you’re better than that. There are other ways to modify a jerk’s behavior.

Off the top of my head, boxing them in every time you can, non destructive shoe polish messages on all their glass, posting embarrassing flyers around, calling campus police to issue tickets (or even fake tickets that look real just to scare them, etc.) Why not have some fun with it?

#3699 1 year ago

I too would not recommend keying, vandalizing, or stealing plates. Many cars have dashcams now, locations have surveillance cameras, and just cameras everywhere these days. It’s not worth the thousands you may pay for your actions.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The issue here at its root is not ICE parking in EV spots. The issue is the EV spots being in a prime location and lazy people parking in them because they are open and closest to the entrance. If you want to significantly reduce this type of behavior then the charging stations should be located at/near some of the furthest spots from the entrance (or in a far less convenient location). Not saying people who do this aren’t jerks, but human behavior is predictable. Also, having the EV charging spots in a prime location conveys/implies privilege for EV drivers, which in turn evokes a “You think you’re better than me? I’ll show you!” attitude in some.

agree, and would not have an issue with this.
But, could be the charging spots are close to the building for electrical reasons

There are 9,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 198.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.