(356 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CadMadEngine (resized).jpeg
CadMad (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2854 (resized).jpeg
2016-ford-flex-35l-ecoboost-awd-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-668449-s-original (resized).jpg
Porsche-Taycan-17 (resized).jpg
f3465919d59619fd76deb1fa3ba41b08-3320803185 (resized).jpg

There are 3,493 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 70.
#3451 4 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I question the eye of anyone who thinks any station wagon (past, present, or future) looks cool. Did you have a poster of this on your wall as a young teenager?
[quoted image]

Ford Flex owner here. I think they are a cool looking station wagon. This is another vehicle where people either love or hate it.

2016-ford-flex-35l-ecoboost-awd-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-668449-s-original (resized).jpg
#3452 4 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nobody in the history of automobiles has ever done a double take when a station wagon drove by.

Wrong. If I see a CTS-V wagon my head is gonna follow it!

#3453 4 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nobody in the history of automobiles has ever done a double take when a station wagon drove by.

#3454 4 days ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Ford Flex owner here. I think they are a cool looking station wagon. This is another vehicle where people either love or hate it.
[quoted image]

#3455 4 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

also a great looking car, but this is the version I like[quoted image]

The wife's ride, fun car to drive, when I'm allowed too...

IMG_2854 (resized).jpeg
#3456 4 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No love for Taycan?[quoted image]

Look a tennis ball!

#3457 4 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You might have explained this before, but why is it the Taycan "Turbo"? I assume EV's don't have turbo chargers of any form, or am I wrong?
BTW, I kind of like that color. I've seen similar on a handful of sportscars.

As part of the Porsche tax they still charge you for a turbo and the maintenance.

#3458 4 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

The wife's ride, fun car to drive, when I'm allowed to...[quoted image]

About time we get a fellow Taycan person in here.

#3459 4 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Funny, if I had the same conditions, I'd probably have an EV. But a car's just a car to me, gets me from A to B. I've done my muscle car, my Corvette phase. More money for things that matter, like pins and a cool home to put them in so I have room for friends to stay.

I just want a car that will put the biggest smile on my face when I sit in it to drive somewhere. I think the Taycan will do that better than any other EV right now, even a Tesla Model S Plaid.

That said, right now my Hyundai Kona Electric is doing a great job.

#3460 4 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

I just want a car that will put the biggest smile on my face when I sit in it to drive somewhere. I think the Taycan will do that better than any other EV right now, even a Tesla Model S Plaid.

I've been really happy with mine. 27K miles in a year including many long road trips. It has that Porsche thing going on where it just feels good to drive.

#3461 4 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Look a tennis ball!

WILSON!pasted_image (resized).png

#3462 4 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

That said, right now my Hyundai Kona Electric is doing a great job.

I get it. Always good to surround yourself with things that spark joy.

#3463 4 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-
They got all the way to the Moon...
-
[quoted image]

Brought to you by Rockwell International. I love my monthly pension check from there.

#3464 3 days ago

Fun video. The Tesla driver has got some skill off the line for sure. I'm betting the Hoonigan is more fun to drive, but the Tesla is certainly more refined. Kind of funny how a daily driver goes toe-to-toe with a drag car.

#3465 3 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Fun video. The Tesla driver has got some skill off the line for sure. I'm betting the Hoonigan is more fun to drive, but the Tesla is certainly more refined. Kind of funny how a daily driver goes head-to-head with a drag car.

EVs are a blast to drive without all the noise and drama.

#3466 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Often thought it'd be great to have a convertible EV and cruise through the country....hearing the country, and not the auto.

#3467 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah, but the noise and drama are what adds to the fun of driving fast.

#3469 3 days ago

Unfortunately that's all car prices right now. Everything is stupidly overpriced.

#3470 3 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Often thought it'd be great to have a convertible EV and cruise through the country....hearing the country, and not the auto.

I suggest riding solo on a road bike through the country for 20 miles or more (or whatever you are physically able to do - just need to ride at least an hour). Nothing quite like the peace and harmony it brings when you are physically pushing yourself at a comfortable pace, only the sound sounds of nature around you and your tires on the road with the pedals turning, and complete peace of mind while the problems of the world are completely forgotten.

#3472 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Unfortunately that's all car prices right now. Everything is stupidly overpriced.

True enough. But then I never buy new, always used, and that usually works out well. But until supplies get caught with demand again....

#3473 3 days ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

True enough. But then I never buy new, always used, and that usually works out well. But until supplies get caught with demand again....

The situation right now:

- Used car prices are higher than ever
- Dealers are charging over sticker for even pedestrian vehicles
- Tesla still sells at MSRP on their website, making them the most attractive option if you don't want to overpay!

#3474 2 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Tesla still sells at MSRP on their website, making them the most attractive option if you don't want to overpay!

That's all relative as Tesla constantly adjust prices to reflect market conditions

#3475 2 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One thing I noticed when I got my EV is that sure, it's amazingly quiet, I can sometimes hear my brake calipers engaging at a light! ...but it also allows you to hear just how friggin' noisy everyone else's cars are.

#3476 2 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

One thing I noticed when I got my EV is that sure, it's amazingly quiet, I can sometimes hear my brake calipers engaging at a light! ...but it also allows you to hear just how friggin' noisy everyone else's cars are.

Isn't that wild? I can hear my brake caliper friction too - not a squeak, just the sliding metal sound. Never noticed that before over engine sounds!

#3477 2 days ago

I need to get better tires for my EV. The OEM tires generate so much road noise and handle like crap, especially in the rain.

#3478 2 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

I need to get better tires for my EV. The OEM tires generate so much road noise and handle like crap, especially in the rain.

I really like the Michelin PS4S. I had Continentals and they were downright dangerous in rain.

#3479 2 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

I need to get better tires for my EV. The OEM tires generate so much road noise and handle like crap, especially in the rain

I've been running the 19" Michelin CrossClimate2's for about 7k miles on my stealth performance Model 3. They are really good in the rain and quite grippy. However I wouldn't call them quiet. I don't find them much louder than the oem tires though. They do have a good 60k warranty - which is good because I usually drive it like I stole it

#3480 2 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really like the Michelin PS4S. I had Continentals and they were downright dangerous in rain.

Quoted from tripplett:

I've been running the 19" Michelin CrossClimate2's for about 7k miles on my stealth performance Model 3. They are really good in the rain and quite grippy. However I wouldn't call them quiet. I don't find them much louder than the oem tires though. They do have a good 60k warranty - which is good because I usually drive it like I stole it

I've seen so many recommendations for various Michelin tires including Pilot Sport and Primacy Tour. I'm completely new to tire shopping, but of those two it looks like the Primacy Tour is what I'm looking for.

#3481 2 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

I've seen so many recommendations for various Michelin tires including Pilot Sport and Primacy Tour. I'm completely new to tire shopping, but of those two it looks like the Primacy Tour is what I'm looking for.

If you are looking for a performance tire... Pilot Sport A/S 4 - great all season tire worthy of being on a performance vehicle. Primacy Tour are more a sedan tire.

#3482 2 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you are looking for a performance tire... Pilot Sport A/S 4 - great all season tire worthy of being on a performance vehicle. Primacy Tour are more a sedan tire.

Great longevity too, for a performance tire.

#3483 2 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great longevity too, for a performance tire.

Better than a summer tire.. for sure. But I think I'm on my 5-6 set overall... been buying these since the A/S 2

Biggest gain for me was my summer tires went to hockey pucks at about 40F... I drive with the A/S tires comfortably in all weather including limited snow.

#3484 2 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

CadMad the best in show out of a field of 800 cars at the 2019 Autorama.

CadMad (resized).jpegCadMadEngine (resized).jpeg
#3485 2 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I’m looking for comfort and safety more than performance, so it sounds like the primacy tour would fit the bill.

#3486 1 day ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

I’m looking for comfort and safety more than performance, so it sounds like the primacy tour would fit the bill.

I have had a lot of long road trips, and one time I had a vehicle that had a really comfortable seat - I was amazed how much easier it was to drive further each day. Who knew a seat would be such a factor?

#3487 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I have had a lot of long road trips, and one time I had a vehicle that had a really comfortable seat - I was amazed how much easier it was to drive further each day. Who knew a seat would be such a factor?

Older people

#3488 1 day ago

Happy that you consider me with the young. Absolutely!

#3489 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Happy that you consider me with the young. Absolutely!

I probably should have said "older people like me". I once took apart the driver's seat on an Avalon to add more cushion to it.

#3490 1 day ago
Quoted from mostater:

I probably should have said "older people like me". I once took apart the driver's seat on an Avalon to add more cushion to it.

Ah, the 4 stages of life:

infancy
youth
adult
"may I interest you in a Toyota Avalon?"

#3491 1 day ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It's the Camry for me.

The Toyota Camry is for people who hate cars and driving.

#3492 1 day ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Ah, the 4 stages of life:
infancy
youth
adult

#3493 16 hours ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's the Camry for me.
The Toyota Camry is for people who hate cars and driving.

I like all 3, so .....

There are 3,493 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!