ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
There are 10,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 202.
#3401 1 year ago

Let’s get this thread back on topic…#1 reason I hate EV’s….they are ugly(specifically Tesla’s)…every Tesla I see has this odd blank ugly space where a grille would normally be for airflow to the radiator….how lazy is it to leave the front like that….they are not really that stylish and plain looking…full of modern tech but that does nothing for me.

Now…if you have $100-200K you can get an EV that is stylish…..that is not for us mere peons that actually work for a living…..but if I have that money to blow on a car I am not worried about the cost of gas/maintenance etc…I could drive a Vette, big SUV, or REAL truck with BALLS…

EV’s are still niche given the cost and current infrastructure to support them.

But if you like EV’s go right ahead.

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Let’s get this thread back on topic…#1 reason I hate EV’s….they are ugly(specifically Tesla’s)…every Tesla I see has this odd blank ugly space where a grille would normally be for airflow to the radiator….how lazy is it to leave the front like that….they are not really that stylish and plain looking…full of modern tech but that does nothing for me.
Now…if you have $100-200K you can get an EV that is stylish…..that is not for us mere peons that actually work for a living…..but if I have that money to blow on a car I am not worried about the cost of gas/maintenance etc…I could drive a Vette, big SUV, or REAL truck with BALLS…
EV’s are still niche given the cost and current infrastructure to support them.
But if you like EV’s go right ahead.

Most new “big balls” trucks cost more than my Tesla. But you’re right, EV looks are an acquired taste.

#3403 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Most new “big balls” trucks cost more than my Tesla. But you’re right, EV looks are an acquired taste.

When the Tesla debuted the "snub nose" look in the Model 3, then carried it backward to Model S, I was not initially a fan.

Now I kinda like it.

Giant grilles are a relic of ICE technology.

That being said, Tesla styling isn't for everyone and there are so many on the road. I completely get holding out for a car that suits your driving characteristics and style demands. I did.

#3404 1 year ago

New prices on trucks are crazy…But you can still get a nice full size with a big V8 for under $40K….now if you need 4WD, and a bunch of other bells and whistles well…it’s gonna cost ya for sure.

All car prices have gone up so it sucks across the board….2 years ago the RAV4 we got was $25K out the door….it would cost 30K easy to buy the same thing today. So unfortunately to get what you want in any vehicle is $30-40K…small vehicles excluded…sub 30 for those still.

EV’s are so new I am sure manufacturers are working to get pricing as competitive as possible…if they can get initial purchase cost at or less than ICE vehicles it will be game over….

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When the Tesla debuted the "snub nose" look in the Model 3, then carried it backward to Model S, I was not initially a fan.
Now I kinda like it.
Giant grilles are a relic of ICE technology.
That being said, Tesla styling isn't for everyone and there are so many on the road. I completely get holding out for a car that suits your driving characteristics and style demands. I did.

Agree with ya…
Car styles change as new models come out…eventually there will be more options people like. You can count on it.

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

or REAL truck with BALLS…

Just as a note here, in Colorado I find that those who drive trucks are rude. All of them, it's like a requirement to drive like a jerk. The bigger the truck, the bigger the need for attention.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Just as a note here, in Colorado I find that those who drive trucks are rude. All of them, it's like a requirement to drive like a jerk. The bigger the truck, the bigger the need for attention.

I imagine MtnFrost driving his PT Cruiser on a back road going 38mph but the speed limit is 50. A pick up truck coming up behind him and passing him going 53, then MtnFrost pulling over and posting this after a good cry from how terrifying it was.

1F289F57-EE18-4BA4-9F9D-31495221C1E1.gif1F289F57-EE18-4BA4-9F9D-31495221C1E1.gif
#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

How cute. It would be more like 15-20 short flights to go cross-country. 100 miles is an extreme example for carrying just 1 or 2 people. About the only realistic use for electric aircraft is in-city transport of VIPs to airports. And this, so they can mainly virtue-signal about how green they are. You’ll see multirotors for this application quite soon, as they have excellent VTOL capability.
I’m happy to think outside the box. I will, however, restrain my enthusiasm for those ideas which don’t violate the fundamental rules of physics. The one idea which has a VERY outside change is hydrogen fuel cells, assuming we can increase the density of hydrogen storage by a factor of 10. Metal hydrides may solve this, but to date, all the successful hydrides have high atomic mass (with uranium hydride the best example to date).

Whoops! What's this?

https://electrek.co/2022/09/16/air-canada-invests-heart-aerospace-orders-updated-versions-electric-airplane/

250 miles baby x 19 passengers. That's like, 90x better than your 1 or 2 people, 100 miles extreme example above...

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

but if I have that money to blow on a car I am not worried about the cost of gas/maintenance etc…I could drive a Vette, big SUV, or REAL truck with BALLS…

Says the guy with the RAV4??

Have you ever rode in a plaid powered telsa? Or even a ludicrous telsa? You may have trouble finding your balls afterwards because they’ve been flattened by the power

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Whoops! What's this?
https://electrek.co/2022/09/16/air-canada-invests-heart-aerospace-orders-updated-versions-electric-airplane/
250 miles baby x 19 passengers. That's like, 90x better than your 1 or 2 people, 100 miles extreme example above...

Can you imagine when the chemtrail idiots still see contrails from electric aircraft?

"That's proof that the deepstate has always been spraying chemicals down on us, and now my kid has autism!!!!!"

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Whoops! What's this?

BwaaaHaHa. Did you even read the article? They're abandoning the all electric design in favor of a hybrid that uses jet fuel. No surprise there, for reasons discussed earlier. Thanks for making my point. All electric passenger aircraft are simply not feasible for any thing other than niche use cases.

"Now the larger 30-passenger aircraft will have a much shorter all-electric range of 125 miles (200 km), but it will have a reserve-hybrid configuration, consisting of two turbo generators, to get the original 250 miles (400 km) range and the reserve energy requirements."

#3412 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

BwaaaHaHa. Did you even read the article? They're abandoning the all electric design in favor of a hybrid that uses jet fuel. No surprise there, for reasons discussed earlier. Thanks for making my point. All electric passenger aircraft are simply not feasible for any thing other than niche use cases.
"Now the larger 30-passenger aircraft will have a much shorter all-electric range of 125 miles (200 km), but it will have a reserve-hybrid configuration, consisting of two turbo generators, to get the original 250 miles (400 km) range and the reserve energy requirements."

Doesn’t change the fact the first 19 seater was over 90x better than your prediction. Airline wanted 30 seater.

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Doesn’t change the fact the first 19 seater was over 90x better than your prediction. Airline wanted 30 seater.

Doesn't change the fact that the all-electric passenger plane was pure vaporwear. Aviation is littered with ambitious promises and failed efforts. No matter how persuasive the hucksters, there's something that will always return you to reality: math.

And note: I stated a few passengers to 100 miles. This wasn't a "prediction". It's a statement of fact for current passenger carrying electric vehicles built today and flying in test certifications.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Let’s get this thread back on topic…#1 reason I hate EV’s….they are ugly

There are a lot of great looking EV's!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

2 out of 5 ain't bad (the Audi & Tesla). Personally, I've never liked the body of the Land Rovers (or whatever that first pic) and that station wagon looking vehicle just doesn't do it for me.

That Mustang is sacrilege.

#3416 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

2 out of 5 ain't bad (the Audi & Tesla). Personally, I've never liked the body of the Land Rovers (or whatever that first pic) and that station wagon looking vehicle just doesn't do it for me.
That Mustang is sacrilege.

well ... there is no accounting for bad taste

& there is no Tesla in those pictures

#3417 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that like a concept e-tron or something?

#3418 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which manufacturer is that last image? I would have guessed Volvo based on the headlights but the hood decal is something I can't place.

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Which manufacturer is that last image? I would have guessed Volvo based on the headlights but the hood decal is something I can't place.

Polestar - made by Volvo. Good eye!

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

That is the Polestar 1. Polestar is Geely's new EV-focused brand, though Polestar 1 is a range-extending PHEV. Geely also owns Volvo, hence the similarities.

Polestar 2 is the brand's first BEV.

#3421 1 year ago

well ... there is no accounting for bad taste

I agree, I don't know what the designers were thinking on those ugly models.

there is no Tesla in those pictures

Oh sorry, thought I noticed the Tesla logo on that last one (the best looking of them all, IMO).

#3422 1 year ago

No love for Taycan?

270229072_3027855307461948_3905183386572012057_n.jpg270229072_3027855307461948_3905183386572012057_n.jpg
#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No love for Taycan?[quoted image]

also a great looking car, but this is the version I like

#3424 1 year ago

also a great looking car, but this is the version I like[quoted image]

Ah yes. The Cross Turismo or as I call it "the station wagon."

It is quite popular.

#3425 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No love for Taycan?[quoted image]

Not in THAT color.

#3426 1 year ago

Not a fan of Acid Green eh. How about Carmine Red? Wish I had this color.

70580524_2844911342261460_3023513399922262016_n (resized).jpg70580524_2844911342261460_3023513399922262016_n (resized).jpg
#3427 1 year ago

I question the eye of anyone who thinks any station wagon (past, present, or future) looks cool. Did you have a poster of this on your wall as a young teenager?

#3428 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I question the taste of anyone who thinks any station wagon (past, present, or future) looks cool.

Chevrolet_Biscayne_Brookwood_Wagon_V8_1959_credit-Alexander-Migl-1568043651 (resized).jpgChevrolet_Biscayne_Brookwood_Wagon_V8_1959_credit-Alexander-Migl-1568043651 (resized).jpg
#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I question the eye of anyone who thinks any station wagon (past, present, or future) looks cool. Did you have a poster of this on your wall as a young teenager?
[quoted image]

I don’t drink anymore but I always thought the art of the station wagon for the All Day IPA was so awesome. 9CA154F1-69F4-4151-AC8C-CBDFF97AE991 (resized).jpeg9CA154F1-69F4-4151-AC8C-CBDFF97AE991 (resized).jpeg
Try to recreate this feeling and imagery with a Chevy Volt

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

My statement still stands. BTW, that one looks more like a hearse.

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

I've always liked the lines of these. Plus, the V12 will get you from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds.

bmw-m5-touring-e61-2009-models-291843-3727800164 (resized).jpegbmw-m5-touring-e61-2009-models-291843-3727800164 (resized).jpeg

#3432 1 year ago

Real Mustang on the right (2024) vs. EV version on the left. While I have never been a Mustang fan, calling that SUV looking EV a "Mustang" has to be sacrilege.

2023-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-and-2024-ford-mustang-gt (resized).jpg2023-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-and-2024-ford-mustang-gt (resized).jpg

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've always like the lines of these. Plus, the V12 will get you from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds.
[quoted image]

While I like the styling of the BMW M5 (I used to own a 535i sedan), the wagon version just doesn't do it for me. However, the hybrid i8 is a very stylish car. Ford should just start calling every model they make "Mustang" at this point.

#3434 1 year ago

273fd6d83bde7dd92fdfaff2c9e985f9-1296359085 (resized).jpg273fd6d83bde7dd92fdfaff2c9e985f9-1296359085 (resized).jpg

I'd love to have this lead my funeral procession

#3435 1 year ago

My favorite station wagon -

#3436 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

You might have explained this before, but why is it the Taycan "Turbo"? I assume EV's don't have turbo chargers of any form, or am I wrong?

BTW, I kind of like that color. I've seen similar on a handful of sportscars.

#3437 1 year ago

If I owned a soup company, this would be my ride for sure.

f3465919d59619fd76deb1fa3ba41b08-3320803185 (resized).jpgf3465919d59619fd76deb1fa3ba41b08-3320803185 (resized).jpg
#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If I owned a soup company, this would be my ride for sure.
[quoted image]

Why, is that color pea green? Also, the idea of a 2-door station wagon seems just a little impractical. You are obviously into wagons and your photos appear to be very high-quality restorations, but certainly you are in the minority.

I'm also a little curious as to how many gallons per mile those particular vehicles get. Reminds me of my first car metallic brown '73 Chevy Chevelle where I swear to this day I could literally see the motion of the gas gauge moving towards empty when I punched it. Same could be said of my best friend's older brother's early 70's Camero. I remember riding around town in the backseat, getting rides to school, etc. and it seemed like he was always putting gas in that thing.

Here's the SS wagon version for vid.

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm also a little curious as to how many gallons per mile those particular vehicles get.

The V8 of the Brookwood got 15mpg

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You might have explained this before, but why is it the Taycan "Turbo"? I assume EV's don't have turbo chargers of any form, or am I wrong?
BTW, I kind of like that color. I've seen similar on a handful of sportscars.

It’s just what Porsche does for their fastest tier. It’s very dumb to use turbo for an EV.

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Much better.

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Car colors way overused: Red, Black, White, Gold, Silver. Let's step it up with Gentian Metallic Blue.

Porsche-Taycan-17 (resized).jpgPorsche-Taycan-17 (resized).jpg
#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The V8 of the Brookwood got 15mpg

Downhill. With a tailwind.

#3444 1 year ago

If money were no object and I had a house with a garage, it would have a Porsche Taycan Turbo CrossTurismo sitting in it right now.

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

If money were no object and I had a house with a garage, it would have a Porsche Taycan Turbo CrossTurismo sitting in it right now.

Funny, if I had the same conditions, I'd probably have an EV. But a car's just a car to me, gets me from A to B. I've done my muscle car, my Corvette phase. More money for things that matter, like pins and a cool home to put them in so I have room for friends to stay.

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've always liked the lines of these. Plus, the V12 will get you from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds

4 seconds isn’t fast when you’re commenting in an EV thread.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

4 seconds isn’t fast when you’re commenting in an EV thread.

Is there an EV with similar capacity and performance? Just curious, and not anti-EV. That M5 I posted was from ~ 13 years ago.

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
It looks like the dealer (assuming that invoice is real), tried to find the most expensive aftermarket battery in the world.
Because, real Chevy batteries appear to be a lot cheaper[quoted image]

J.C. Whitney (fits most cars[not yours]) has them and so does Rock Auto (Dorman junk) for even lower prices.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Question away, I think there are plenty of great looking cool station wagons
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3450 1 year ago

Question away, I think there are plenty of great looking cool station wagons
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nobody in the history of automobiles has ever done a double take when a station wagon drove by.

There are 10,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 202.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.