ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
There are 10,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 202.
#1001 1 year ago

This article, though not entirely accurate, is dumbed down to make it more understandable for the average, uninformed person. https://www.twi-global.com/technical-knowledge/faqs/hydrogen-vs-electric-cars#ComparingKeyFactors

Hydrogen powered vehicles will still use ‘electric’ motors. They will just not require recharging or lithium batteries. Lithium based EVs ARE A FAD! Elon captured the hearts and souls of ignorant do gooders. The ‘logical’ approach was natural gas powered vehicles, then hydrogen powered. Lithium was the feel good, ‘emotional’ approach. Not very smart, but very appealing to all the misinformed eco warriors.

#1002 1 year ago

I doubt the good ol' boys that are spending 100k on a loaded Raptor or Ram Limited here in Georgia to look cool and have the tallest pickup with the most chrome at the Nascar tailgate party are in to the EV life. (that's why pickup and EV look funny in the same sentence to me)

Traveling in north Florida, I frequently see these guys trailering their trucks around on the weekend. Who knew "mud park" was a thing??

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I doubt the good ol' boys that are spending 100k on a loaded Raptor or Ram Limited here in Georgia to look cool and have the tallest pickup with the most chrome at the Nascar tailgate party are in to the EV life. (that's why pickup and EV look funny in the same sentence to me)
Traveling in north Florida, I frequently see these guys trailering their trucks around on the weekend. Who knew "mud park" was a thing??

Definitely not the target audience.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

This article, though not entirely accurate, is dumbed down to make it more understandable for the average, uninformed person. https://www.twi-global.com/technical-knowledge/faqs/hydrogen-vs-electric-cars#ComparingKeyFactors
Hydrogen powered vehicles will still use ‘electric’ motors. They will just not require recharging or lithium batteries. Lithium based EVs ARE A FAD! Elon captured the hearts and souls of ignorant do gooders. The ‘logical’ approach was natural gas powered vehicles, then hydrogen powered. Lithium was the feel good, ‘emotional’ approach. Not very smart, but very appealing to all the misinformed eco warriors.

Also appealing to people who want to drive awesome cars.

#1005 1 year ago

"Driving 1,000 miles in Three Cars: Gas vs. Electric.
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=vXzuFprlyrw&feature=emb_title

#1006 1 year ago

Don’t want to spend 20 min. Summary?

My input on long road trips and EVs: it’s gonna take 20% longer than a gas car. If time is of the essence, fly instead.

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My input on long road trips and EVs: it’s gonna take 20% longer than a gas car. If time is of the essence, fly instead.

Don't want to get information, post a comment on a 19 minute video three minutes after it's posted.

Go back and watch it. It's not as simple as you make it sound.
The results on the vehicles may surprise you.
It also says a lot about how your driving habits may need to change and how.

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Don't want to get information, post a comment on a 19 minute video three minutes after it's posted.
Go back and watch it. It's not as simple as you make it sound.
The results on the vehicles may surprise you.
It also says a lot about how your driving habits may need to change and how.

Well, with the internet the way it is nowadays I don’t usually invest 20 minutes in every video that gets recommended to me if I don’t know the sources. Any body can pose as an expert and not all sources of information are equal. Certainly your second intro was more intriguing than your first and I’ll likely watch if I get a minute. No intention to offend

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

any private pilot knows: Time to spare go by air.

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, you get a frunk and you don't go to gas stations and pay crazy fuel prices since you charge at home every night and the daily conveniences seem pretty great. Weighed against that is the range problem, if you're making regular 300 mile trips you might be a bit more cautious about the charging infrastructure. That part is definitely understandable.
But I dunno what else is so crazy that only a "certain type of buyer" is in.
Calling it not a "serious truck" just strikes me as a strange thing to say. Because it doesn't burn gasoline? Electric engine are torque monsters, I don't think it makes for anything unserious.
I guess I'm just missing what exactly the experience you're referring to is. Most truck buyers aren't rolling coal morons or anything like that.

You cannot imagine why people buy diesel trucks or heavy duty trucks? Ev trucks are not going to tow heavy trailers long distances or drive job to job all over a large city all day weighed down with tools/equipment.

#1011 1 year ago

https://delorean.com/

76DEEB80-CE27-492C-B666-FE889FAE0CBB.jpeg76DEEB80-CE27-492C-B666-FE889FAE0CBB.jpeg
#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Also appealing to people who want to drive awesome cars.

Awesome cars? That’s hilarious! What I find amazing is that people would actually want to be seen in a Tesla. It is hubris and the epitome of pride, but also shocking ignorance. FSD that would like to kill you. Spontaneous combustion. Environmentally terrible. There is no shortage of negatives for this ecological disaster detour.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Post 1000,couldn't help myself when I saw 999

Just like the odometer rolling.

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

FSD that would like to kill you.

I'll give you that one. Elon is nuts thinking software will ever do this safely.

Quoted from Davidus56:

Spontaneous combustion.

Lies.

Quoted from Davidus56:

Environmentally terrible.

Lies.

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Seems to go against the "smart environmental" train of though. Against the fiscally sound train of thought too

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Awesome cars? That’s hilarious! What I find amazing is that people would actually want to be seen in a Tesla. It is hubris and the epitome of pride, but also shocking ignorance. FSD that would like to kill you. Spontaneous combustion. Environmentally terrible. There is no shortage of negatives for this ecological disaster detour.

Wow. Have you ever ridden in one? Do yourself a favor and do so. I really feel like pride and ignorance would be good descriptors for the person slamming a car that they’ve never owned or spent much time in. You have to allow that I’m the expert on Teslas compared to you. Can’t you see how silly it is for you to tell me I should hate my car? I’m certainly not telling you you should hate yours. I love my car. Period. It’s is awesome. No question. Everyone I know who owns one likes or loves theirs and most say something like “I’ll never drive anything else.” I just heard a new owner say it yesterday.

Please. You’re allowed to make your (usually wrong) points. But try to make the ones you have some actual firsthand knowledge on.

#1017 1 year ago

Everything is going to be ev in 10 years. Can’t fight the wave of the future. Been using FSD beta for months in cities. It’s flawed but an awesome work in progress.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll give you that one. Elon is nuts thinking software will ever do this safely.

Lies.

Lies.

I really am shocked that in todays world anyone would say “never” when it comes to what software will be capable of. Ever is a REALLY long time.

I do think it’s possible we start going vertical before software for fsd on roads actually gets good enough. Seems like drone obstacle avoidance is very advanced already.

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Everything is going to be ev in 10 years. Can’t fight the wave of the future. Been using FSD beta for months in cities. It’s flawed but an awesome work in progress.

The real problem with fsd is that in ten years everything WONT be EV. If it was, it would be relatively simple to make FSD work as all these cars could talk to each other and the infrastructure and collisions would be easily avoided. That’s just not a reality as legacy cars will always be on the roads and need to be accommodated.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

it would be relatively simple to make FSD work as all these cars could talk to each other and the infrastructure and collisions would be easily avoided. That’s just not a reality as legacy cars will always be on the roads and need to be accommodated.

So outlaw legacy cars or make a mandatory FSD kit that retrofits them all. Is it that simple?

Still need to deal with random obstacles, pedestrians, software/hardware failures and bugs, map and gps errors, vehicle quirks and breakdowns, road repairs and changes, weather and visibility conditions, anti-social troublemakers, bad cell signal and drops, etc.

#1021 1 year ago

Underdiscussed? Tesla makes a huge part of it's profit from Bitcoin speculation. I was surprised to learn this too.

Every Bitcoin transaction uses more electricity that your house does in 6 weeks.

Because so much electricity is generated from fossil fuels, it probably obviates most of the alleged environmental benefits of Tesla.

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Underdiscussed? Tesla makes a huge part of it's profit from Bitcoin speculation. I was surprised to learn this too.
Every Bitcoin transaction uses more electricity that your house does in 6 weeks.
Because so much electricity is generated from fossil fuels, it probably obviates most of the alleged environmental benefits of Tesla.

Interesting. Bitcoin is an area I’m not super familiar with. Is it actually a large part of their profits?

Edit: if google is to believed, Tesla profited 18 billion last year and 1 billion of that was from Bitcoin. That is a decent portion!

Does Bitcoin use electricity per transaction or only when it’s mined?

Quoted from Neal_W:

So outlaw legacy cars or make a mandatory FSD kit that retrofits them all. Is it that simple?
Still need to deal with random obstacles, pedestrians, software/hardware failures and bugs, map and gps errors, vehicle quirks and breakdowns, road repairs and changes, weather and visibility conditions, anti-social troublemakers, bad cell signal and drops, etc.

Excellent use of a straw man argument there. I didn’t propose outlawing anything. You just did. I just said legacy cars on the road would prevent some of the software based possibilities.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You cannot imagine why people buy diesel trucks or heavy duty trucks? Ev trucks are not going to tow heavy trailers long distances or drive job to job all over a large city all day weighed down with tools/equipment.

I agree that long distance hauling isn’t the best use case. Few people actually do that regularly. If you do maybe you’re not a great EV adopter right now.

The electric F-150 will have zero issues towing anything around a large city all day though, it’s a non issue.

Regardless, we’re talking about existing F-150 buyers, the most popular truck, and not people who wouldn’t even buy an ICE version because it didn’t fit their needs.

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree that long distance hauling isn’t the best use case. Few people actually do that regularly. If you do maybe you’re not a great EV adopter right now.
The electric F-150 will have zero issues towing anything around a large city all day though, it’s a non issue.
Regardless, we’re talking about existing F-150 buyers, the most popular truck, and not people who wouldn’t even buy an ICE version because it didn’t fit their needs.

For some sure but depends on the city. In my home town, it takes a good hour and a half to drive through the general city area of Houston. With traffic, much more. Work trucks may service communities even further out. Add in towing and hauling equipment and I just don't see it working. No doubt plenty of people will buy the lightning f150 who don't do a ton of driving. Already see some dealers charging well over $100000 for one so there must be a huge demand. The idea that you can buy one for $40000 starting to sound like fiction as I suspected. By the time you add up typical options and markups, it's probably $50000+ sitting on dealer lots. That may still be a great deal for some but most people cannot afford that.

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For some sure but depends on the city. In my home town, it takes a good hour and a half to drive through the general city area of Houston. With traffic, much more. Work trucks may service communities even further out. Add in towing and hauling equipment and I just don't see it working. No doubt plenty of people will buy the lightning f150 who don't do a ton of driving. Already see some dealers charging well over $100000 for one so there must be a huge demand. The idea that you can buy one for $40000 starting to sound like fiction as I suspected. By the time you add up typical options and markups, it's probably $50000+ sitting on dealer lots. That may still be a great deal for some but most people cannot afford that.

You can’t get any f150 right now for 50k I don’t think. And I’m pretty sure there aren’t any Lightnings sitting on any lots. They’re sold before they leave the factory. I would love to get one. I’m currently without a pin hauler…

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Hard to pack in that much BS in so few sentences but congrats, you managed to do it... JFC...

Have you EVER driven a Tesla? Look, the company is an unethical disaster but the cars themselves are unlike anything else on the road. Period. Full Stop. Has it ever occurred to you that some people just want to drive a fast car with instant torque?

Jeff

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For some sure but depends on the city. In my home town, it takes a good hour and a half to drive through the general city area of Houston. With traffic, much more. Work trucks may service communities even further out. Add in towing and hauling equipment and I just don't see it working. No doubt plenty of people will buy the lightning f150 who don't do a ton of driving.

I'm just confused by what you're trying to say here. An electric F-150 can drive through Houston in traffic. Are you thinking the battery can't last a few hours? It's not running off AAAs. "Doing a ton of driving" is exactly the use case for buying an EV. Driving in traffic is a perfect use case, an electric motor is much more efficient for that type of driving.

I agree if you're doing a ton of long range driving it might be something to stop and evaluate. City stop and go ain't it though. We have traffic in LA too, still crawling in Teslas.

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

The real problem with fsd is that in ten years everything WONT be EV. If it was, it would be relatively simple to make FSD work as all these cars could talk to each other and the infrastructure and collisions would be easily avoided. That’s just not a reality as legacy cars will always be on the roads and need to be accommodated.

What will the majority of new build cars being made in 10 Years be?

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What will the majority of new build cars being made in 10 Years be?

Well of course I think at year ten it will be majority EVs. When the tipping point will be is anyones guess.

#1030 1 year ago

https://graphics.reuters.com/AUTOS-ELECTRIC/USA/mopanyqxwva/

By 2035, about 45% of new car sales could be electric according to industry analysis IHS Markit. At this rate, about half of the cars on the road would be electric by 2050.

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Virtually everything we rely on could be hacked and shutdown or crashed or owned or taken ransom or used to spy on us:
Communications
Internet
Shipping
Banking
Pinside
GPS navigation
Food supply
Fuel supply
Emergency Services
Stern Insider Connected
Military
Utilities
Hospitals
Government agencies
etc.
IT is major expense for everyone to keep the above secure and updated as well as fixing bugs and cars are no different. Expect hiccups but don't loose sleep over it.

*** NEWS FLASH ****

Replace "could be" with "is currently being"

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Hard to pack in that much BS in so few sentences but congrats, you managed to do it... JFC...
Have you EVER driven a Tesla? Look, the company is an unethical disaster but the cars themselves are unlike anything else on the road. Period. Full Stop. Has it ever occurred to you that some people just want to drive a fast car with instant torque?
Jeff

I hear instant torque and speed ad nauseum from Tesla owners. Yet I’ve never seen one launch off the line and the only time I see them is when I’m flying by them while they’re doing 55 in the right lane. Maybe we have a different definition of driving fun? Oh, I did see one take a Big Gulp off the windshield on the Dan Ryan for driving slow in the left lane, that was fun.

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I hear instant torque and speed ad nauseum from Tesla owners. Yet I’ve never seen one launch off the line and the only time I see them is when I’m flying by them while they’re doing 55 in the right lane. Maybe we have a different definition of driving fun? Oh, I did see one take a Big Gulp off the windshield on the Dan Ryan for driving slow in the left lane, that was fun.

If you’re ever in idaho I’d love to hang out, play some pinball, and drive the funnest thing you’ve ever ridden in. I promise you’d change your tune. You might not be converted to a fan, but it’s hard to be a hater after you’ve ridden in one. I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.

Btw what kind of human beings are tossing big gulps and coal rolling people over their choice of cars? Where does the anger come from?

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

If you’re ever in idaho I’d love to hang out, play some pinball, and drive the funnest thing you’ve ever ridden in. I promise you’d change your tune. You might not be converted to a fan, but it’s hard to be a hater after you’ve ridden in one. I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.
Btw what kind of human beings are tossing big gulps and coal rolling people over their choice of cars? Where does the anger come from?

There’s no anger at all, I’ve driven one and am not anti EV. It was just an observation. And FYI, the dude didn’t get a Big Gulp tossed on him because he was driving a Tesla, it was because he was driving like a tool in the left lane. It was on the Dan Ryan, he was lucky it was only a Big Gulp.

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Oh, I did see one take a Big Gulp off the windshield on the Dan Ryan for driving slow in the left lane, that was fun.

Did the Big Gulp originate in your car? Just a hunch ...

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There’s no anger at all, I’ve driven one and am not anti EV. It was just an observation. And FYI, the dude didn’t get a Big Gulp tossed on him because he was driving a Tesla, it was because he was driving like a tool in the left lane. It was on the Dan Ryan, he was lucky it was only a Big Gulp.

Yeah I can’t imagine not driving this thing like a race car. But while they’re all quick, some people buy them for other reasons, I guess. For me, it was all about the launch.

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did the Big Gulp originate in your car? Just a hunch ...

Hell no, those things are like 99 cents.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.

thats so.... useful, as you watch the battery level fall faster than normal.

#1039 1 year ago

****I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.****

Quoted from pinballizfun:

but his car is just butt ugly... why race it? ...because street racing is legal and safe everywhere.

And to do so you must be first in line at the light or slam into the Prius in front of you.

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

. I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.

Here what your tezla needs then everybody will know all that there is needed to know

balls (resized).jpgballs (resized).jpg
#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Quoted from bob_e:

but his car is just butt ugly... why race it? ...because street racing is legal and safe everywhere.
And to do so you must be first in line at the light or slam into the Prius in front of you.

Wow. You guys. Have it one way or the other. If we don’t drive our Tezzzzlas fast we get mocked and big gulps thrown at us by ICErs. If we drive too fast we are street racers out to endanger all you fragile slow cars. Come on. Get it together haters!!

My battery lasts a couple weeks on a full charge driving it very quick off the line. I have no need to exceed the speed limit (by much). Haven’t had a ticket in 5 years of tesla ownership.

And my car is gorgeous by most rational standards. And people foolishly challenge me all the time. When they finally get to the next light with me we politely roll down windows and chat and smile. That’s Idaho.

500AB236-DEA8-44C7-A720-A73B423C9D3E (resized).jpeg500AB236-DEA8-44C7-A720-A73B423C9D3E (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Here what your tezla needs then everybody will know all that there is needed to know[quoted image]

Oh bob_e. I hope you were being ironic with that post. I have literally never seen those anywhere but hanging on some piece of crap ICE pickup driven by an idiot with a redneck chip on his shoulder. I wouldn’t be caught dead.

#1043 1 year ago

Don't mind bob, he's just our resident facebook anti-ev propaganda reposter

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Oh bob_e. I hope you were being ironic with that post. I have literally never seen those anywhere but hanging on some piece of crap ICE pickup driven by an idiot with a redneck chip on his shoulder. I wouldn’t be caught dead.

yeehaw.jpegyeehaw.jpeg
#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Don't mind bob, he's just our resident facebook anti-ev propaganda reposter

don't mind Paynemic, All he does is tell us how fast his tezzzla is of the line. and no tickets in 5 years

tezzzla is brought to you by the models S, X, and Y.... sounds like Sesame Street.

Sorry if I don't drink his Kool-aid

BTW Ford stopped using letters in 1932 with the end of the Model A which replaced the Model T

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

don't mind Paynemic, All he does is tell us how fast his tezzzla is of the line. and no tickets in 5 years
tezzzla is brought to you by the models S, X, and Y.... sounds like Sesame Street.
BTW Ford stopped using letters in 1932 with the end of the Model A which replaced the Model T

Yes. I literally only say that. A quick search of my posts and I can’t find a single other reference to me destroying people off the line. Which I do. Always.

There, a second reference to how freakishly fast me car is. Oops. There’s a third….

Bob you don’t need to drink any kool-aid. You be you. Feel free to not do anything cool. You’re only punishing yourself. I look forward to rereading this thread in ten years and and chuckling at you shouting at the sky…. But sincerely, I have no hard feelings and if any of you are ever in the Boise area, come visit.

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hell no, those things are like 99 cents.

You are overpaying big time. I wish we had Sheetz at home. I pay $15/month for a fountain drink subscription. You can get a new fountain drink every 2 hours. Stupid cheap! And I drink a lot of Diet Coke. It works out to ~10 to 15 cents per XL cup.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I blow everyone off the line. Every time. Period.

In Eagle, Idaho? Not if Uncle Rico has anything to say about it.

18D809CF-0F2E-4F2C-8234-5F0F96E54A31 (resized).jpeg18D809CF-0F2E-4F2C-8234-5F0F96E54A31 (resized).jpeg
#1049 1 year ago

I’m looking forward to forgetting this thread exists in 10 years. But to everyone from the future reading this I hope it’s cooler than 2022.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Ford's '70s models in Australia included XY , XA , XB , XC , XD ? ... :3

Fairlaines included ZF, ZG, ZH, ZJ etc. etc.

That's the Australian alphabet though of course Lol

There are 10,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 202.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.