IMG_7697 (resized).jpg
IMG_7695 (resized).jpg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpg
IMG_7691 (resized).jpg
IMG_8276 (resized).JPG
IMG_2265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg
ID Buzz (resized).jpg
There are 10,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 208.
#10201 41 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Because gas stations now exist.

Any tezla can recharge anywhere

IMG_7089 (resized).JPGIMG_7089 (resized).JPG
#10202 40 days ago

California bringing in a .30 cent per mile tax for all drivers due to loss of fuel tax revenue. Road maintenance is 8 billion a year funds need to come from someplace.

#10203 40 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Then why are you not riding a horse to work?

Because horses fart. Try to keep up.

horse.gifhorse.gif
#10204 40 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Any tezla can recharge anywhere[quoted image]

When you have to resort to using fake AI-generated pictures to make your point, you've already lost.

#10205 40 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

California bringing in a .30 cent per mile tax for all drivers due to loss of fuel tax revenue. Road maintenance is 8 billion a year funds need to come from someplace.

Is that $0.30 per mile or $0.003 per mile?

#10206 39 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

California considering 2 cents per mile

https://driving.ca/auto-news/driver-info/road-charge-gas-tax-revenue-california-per-mile-ev

#10207 39 days ago

30 cents a mile

#10208 39 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

From what I saw the proposal is 3 or 4 cents per mile driven. They already charge the EV owners a $100/year fee to help offset loss on fuel taxes. So $450-600 bucks if you drive 15k miles per year in your EV.

She's gotta feed the monkey man, I mean, hasn't that ever occurred to you? Sir?

#10209 39 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

.02-.04

#10210 39 days ago

Newsome said 30 cents in an interview, reporter asked for clarification and he said yes 30 cents. He might have misspoken, guess we'll see what happens soon enough.

#10211 39 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

30 cents a mile

Quoted from RTR:

From what I saw the proposal is 3 or 4 cents per mile driven. They already charge the EV owners a $100/year fee to help offset loss on fuel taxes. So $450-600 bucks if you drive 15k miles per year in your EV.
She's gotta feed the monkey man, I mean, hasn't that ever occurred to you? Sir?

Bah, my gas-guzzler's registration in Nevada is $1,300.00 a year. Mrs. Bally's etron is $1,130.00
California is a bargain, that's why 30% of the vehicles here have California tags. Or, an expired tag, or no tag at all.

#10212 38 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

30 cents a mile

You dont actually think thats correct do you?

#10213 38 days ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

When you have to resort to using fake AI-generated pictures to make your point, you've already lost.

When facts, history and progress arent on your side you resort to anything.

#10214 38 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Bah, my gas-guzzler's registration in Nevada is $1,300.00 a year. Mrs. Bally's etron is $1,130.00
California is a bargain, that's why 30% of the vehicles here have California tags. Or, an expired tag, or no tag at all.

What? Why so much just for registration? Mine in pa is $50/year.

#10216 38 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What? Why so much just for registration? Mine in pa is $50/year.

No state income tax here. They gotta make it up somehow......

#10217 37 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No state income tax here. They gotta make it up somehow......

No state income tax in TN either. But on the front end they hammer you on a new or used car, rv, boat, ATV, etc at around 9.5%. Subsequent registrations are cheap though, typically under $50.

#10219 34 days ago

Interesting paradox indeed. The current boom in shale (helping to create the record levels of domestic fossil fuel production we have right now) could parlay into the next generation of cleaner power generation. Pretty cool.

#10220 34 days ago

So Many Unsold tezlas Are Piling Up That You Can See Them From Space !!!

https://jalopnik.com/so-many-unsold-teslas-are-piling-up-that-you-can-see-th-1851526312

Well it is over 46,000 unsold cars they rounded up.

But has the novelity of EV worn off?

#10221 34 days ago

Fracking needs to be outlawed. It's not a source of energy we should be willing to accept, given all the downsides to health and the environment, given the future drawdown of oil.

#10222 34 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

No state income tax in TN either. But on the front end they hammer you on a new or used car, rv, boat, ATV, etc at around 9.5%. Subsequent registrations are cheap though, typically under $50.

They get you here on the purchase too. There's a lovely 8.375% sales tax on everything except food.

#10223 33 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

https://jalopnik.com/so-many-unsold-teslas-are-piling-up-that-you-can-see-th-1851526312

Whats their days of inventory on hand compared to other manufacturers?

Oh nevermind. You just like the novelity [SIC] of pictures so here you go...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10224 33 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Seeing a parking lot from space seems laughable in the 2020s.

I mean, here is the Ford dealer by my house...you can see the cars 'piling up'....from space....

Look, cars!!!!Look, cars!!!!

#10225 33 days ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Fracking needs to be outlawed. It's not a source of energy we should be willing to accept, given all the downsides to health and the environment, given the future drawdown of oil.

Better get rid of all those nasty things you own made from oil.

#10226 33 days ago

Interesting paradox indeed. The current boom in shale (helping to create the record levels of domestic fossil fuel production we have right now) could parlay into the next generation of cleaner power generation. Pretty cool.

Makes sense to remove the lithium from the waste water to me, or frack to get just the lithium. Either way you get both. The question is, will it be viable Vs strip mining. My hope is that it is. Most of what they use to frack here in Texas is over 95% water mixed with a powder sugar fine sand. No other chemicals added. And yes, I know first hand. Been on site for two frack jobs with a group of investors. And most wells in the Permian basin are over 5k feet. No one gets their water that deep.

#10227 33 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

If it did, we'd see steeper discounts. Haven't seen any, so.....

#10228 32 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Better get rid of all those nasty things you own made from oil.

Is the world really all that black and white absolutism for you? Car has a flat - Better toss that vehicle! Water pipe leak - time to chuck that house!

Honestly, not wanting to frack and celebrating a change to renewables isn't a fringe position. And it's not incompatible with using products made with oil, it's just knowing the facts, the fire that catches water, the small earthquakes, the pollution of ground water, the health hazards from chemicals companies desperately want hidden from the nearby residents....

#10229 31 days ago

8 billion barrels of oil surplus by 2030 says the Financial Times:

https://www.ft.com/content/cfb97534-b71b-490f-b626-6dc3487f595d

#10230 31 days ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

If it did, we'd see steeper discounts. Haven't seen any, so.....

From the website just now. 1.99% on the model 3's is a discount.
I love the bullshit with the Y's lease "deals". Anything you CONfigure is $100 higher/month as the bait & switch prices includes "$100/month estimated gas savings".

Screenshot_20240613_100354_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240613_100354_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240613_100440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240613_100440_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#10231 30 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

$1,300?! I get mad here in Texas every year when I have to drop around $55 to register each of my vehicles + the $18 inspection.

#10232 30 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

From the website just now. 1.99% on the model 3's is a discount.
I love the bullshit with the Y's lease "deals". Anything you CONfigure is $100 higher/month as the bait & switch prices includes "$100/month estimated gas savings".
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why do they always have to mislead? Just state the actual monthly lease payment by default. I'm betting 100% of Tesla buyers can subtract $100 in their head in milliseconds. Also, is that 10,000/yr or only 10,000 cumulative over 3 years? Either way, the avg. annual milage here in Texas is 16,172. What does that do to the lease payment?

In general, I'm just not a fan of leasing anyway. Lease is just a fancy word for "rent". I get that it's tempting for someone on a budget, but I own 3 vehicles that are all fully paid off: a 2017, 2018, and 2019, all with relatively low milage, well maintained, and in good to excellent condition. Can't tell you how nice it is not having car payments over extensive periods of time. I know that others take a different approach, but personally I like not having to be tied to a rental payment for my vehicles each month knowing that I will never own them (i.e. no asset to possess for all of that money I spent), will always have a monthly payment, have to worry/manage my mileage, and have to address/repair every little think know that I will be dinged for it when the lease ends. Insurance can be higher on leased vehicles and property tax may be assessed on leased vehicles. Over a period of 5 or 6 years, the average person will pay slightly less for a lease than a purchase in most cases. However, the full asset value now belongs to the owner of the vehicle, not the one leasing it.

#10233 29 days ago
IMG_8229 (resized).jpegIMG_8229 (resized).jpeg
#10234 28 days ago

Tesla S driven almost a half million miles without ever needing any repairs.

Battery lost 38 miles of range, but only under worst case scenario.

Internet goes wild

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-S-that-clocked-430-000-miles-gets-range-tested-reveals-a-40-mile-range-loss-in-unfavourable-driving-conditions.848146.0.html

#10236 27 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Internet goes wild
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-S-that-clocked-430-000-miles-gets-range-tested-reveals-a-40-mile-range-loss-in-unfavourable-driving-conditions.848146.0.html

Please, facts and reality dont matter here. Just poorly made memes please.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10237 27 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Internet goes wild

Still not as impressive as Chevy Vegas on trains

IMG_8250 (resized).jpegIMG_8250 (resized).jpeg

#10238 27 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why do they always have to mislead? Just state the actual monthly lease payment by default. I'm betting 100% of Tesla buyers can subtract $100 in their head in milliseconds. Also, is that 10,000/yr or only 10,000 cumulative over 3 years? Either way, the avg. annual milage here in Texas is 16,172. What does that do to the lease payment?
In general, I'm just not a fan of leasing anyway. Lease is just a fancy word for "rent". I get that it's tempting for someone on a budget, but I own 3 vehicles that are all fully paid off: a 2017, 2018, and 2019, all with relatively low milage, well maintained, and in good to excellent condition. Can't tell you how nice it is not having car payments over extensive periods of time. I know that others take a different approach, but personally I like not having to be tied to a rental payment for my vehicles each month knowing that I will never own them (i.e. no asset to possess for all of that money I spent), will always have a monthly payment, have to worry/manage my mileage, and have to address/repair every little think know that I will be dinged for it when the lease ends. Insurance can be higher on leased vehicles and property tax may be assessed on leased vehicles. Over a period of 5 or 6 years, the average person will pay slightly less for a lease than a purchase in most cases. However, the full asset value now belongs to the owner of the vehicle, not the one leasing it.

Most leasing companies will sell you additional miles for $0.20 each so, $100 more per month for 6,000 additional miles/year. Some leases give you a lower price per mile if you pay up front with your down payment. Aboot $0.15/mile.

#10239 26 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Still not as impressive as Chevy Vegas on trains
[quoted image]

"72" Vega was my first car. My Grandparents gave it to me. Wish I could find one now, they all rusted away.

#10241 25 days ago

Got a deposit down on a rav4 prime (40+ miles electric plug in, then hybrid otherwise). Been waiting 3 months. I hear some have waited a year plus. Im going to go drive a bronco and see if I can live with it for a few years. Im done waiting.

#10242 25 days ago

Please, facts and reality dont matter here. Just poorly made memes please. [quoted image]

I’m dying here. If you think it didn’t need brakes, ac repairs, or tires you are only fooling yourself.

#10243 24 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

You spelling "tesla" wrong every single time doesn't exactly enhance your "facts."

I'm selling my dodge charger this Saturday and getting my first EV. A "tezla," as some people say. Super super excited.

#10245 22 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You spelling "tesla" wrong every single time doesn't exactly enhance your "facts."
I'm selling my dodge charger this Saturday and getting my first EV. A "tezla," as some people say. Super super excited.

But havent you heard that at some point you may need to repair your brakes?

#10246 22 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’m dying here. If you think it didn’t need brakes, ac repairs, or tires you are only fooling yourself.

Brakes last 250,000+ on the newer EVs, as the braking is normally pad-less, with the drive motors becoming generators to change the battery.

Regentive braking ver3

Tires, wiper blades and brake pads are not really "repairs" where something broke ... more of just normal maintenance

Teslas cost less than any other passenger vehicle to maintain.

#10247 22 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Brakes last 250,000+ on the newer EVs, as the braking is normally pad-less, with the drive motors becoming generators to change the battery.
Regentive braking ver3
Tires, wiper blades and brake pads are not really "repairs" where something broke ... more of just normal maintenance
Teslas cost less than any other passenger vehicle to maintain.

So why not just state no oil changes? No maintenance is misleading.

#10248 21 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

He's spelling it the way elon pronounces the name in appearances in order to sound sophisticated.

#10249 21 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tires, wiper blades and brake pads are not really "repairs" where something broke

To be fair, most cars go pretty far without needing "repairs".

Hard to remember the last time I had a car broken down and needed a tow. Chevy with a failed crank sensor in the 80s, and a Dodge with a computer issue in the 90s. All those moving parts and it was the electronics that stopped the show, but not so much any more.

#10250 21 days ago

But havent you heard that at some point you may need to repair your brakes?

Lmao. Why, they never ever engage unless something insane is happening.

Boys, it is like living in the future in this thing. I'm thrilled. I went from a dodge charger, and the get up and go in this thing is unbelievable. It beats the charger easily in pick up, alone . I am absolutely thrilled with my purchase.

We also got our wife the Cadillac Lyriq this same weekend. I feel like I'm in a Sci fi movie right now.

There are 10,359 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 208.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.