ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
There are 10,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 202.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That's bad too. Life can be complex.
It's important to not trust anything Elon Musk says, and remember that his entire fortune is founded on inheritance and exploitation that would make a Rockefeller blush.

Oh Elon's nuts, no question.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is true enough, and I'm no different.
It is admittedly pointless though, as we now live in a post-facts world where people dig in on their side of an issue and neither side will be swayed regardless of what evidence is presented.

True, but I think it’s way past time we quit pretending that both sides are equally willing to ignore factual evidence in favor of whatever nonsense they’ve consumed.

It’s “well that’s not entirely true” vs. “holy fuck that’s not even a rational thought” and everyone pretends like it’s all just two sides of the same coin.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

True, but I think it’s way past time we quit pretending that both sides are equally willing to ignore factual evidence in favor of whatever nonsense they’ve consumed.
It’s “well that’s not entirely true” vs. “holy fuck that’s not even a rational thought” and everyone pretends like it’s all just two sides of the same coin.

I agree with that.

#804 2 years ago

The wonderful myth is that internal combustion engines need to run on petrochemicals or oil. :3

https://www.bitchute.com/video/fcvLmFbmaooL/

#805 2 years ago

Or just have your EV run off one of these. Problem solved!

Go on. Ask why Tesla doesn't use it, nor anyone else. The answers are kinda obvious... and also addressed during the presentation.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Or just have your EV run off one of these. Problem solved!

Go on. Ask why Tesla doesn't use it, nor anyone else. The answers are kinda obvious... and also addressed during the presentation.

We should all be using perpetual motion machines!!

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

The whole point is that there is Leftover, to Utilise.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

5FB7DC2A-D118-4AFD-B61E-41D1FEF639AD.gif5FB7DC2A-D118-4AFD-B61E-41D1FEF639AD.gif
#809 2 years ago
theth (resized).jpgtheth (resized).jpg
#810 2 years ago

Up to 1,000 mile range
Recharge via Solar up to 40 miles a day
Starts at $26,000
https://aptera.us/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#811 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Up to 1,000 mile range
Starts at $26,000
https://aptera.us/[quoted image]

Will a new Stern pinball machine fit inside?

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

will a person?

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Probably not the average Stern pinball owner ...

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Will a used Stern pinball machine fit inside?

does it have a trailer tow package? If yes, then it could haul 1 pinball machine on a trailer

I wonder about crash test safety... will it meet standards for passenger cars or get the 3-wheeled motorcycle loophole ???

#815 2 years ago

Up to 1,000 mile range
Starts at $26,000
https://aptera.us/[quoted image]

The engineering behind this is impressive. Interior space looks good and Trunk area is quite long but probably not enough depth to hold a pin without keeping hatch open. Biggest reason I would pass is safety. This is classified as a motorcycle and doesn’t need to meet passenger vehicle safety standards.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

The engineering behind this is impressive. Biggest reason I would pass is safety. This is classified as a motorcycle and doesn’t need to meet passenger vehicle safety standards.

mental note: buy a helmet and body bag....

#817 2 years ago

google search:

When can I buy Aptera?

Just spitballing here…but with various delays, whether its chips or other supplies, my date of order, and the steep climb it can be to get things running at 100%, I expect my Aptera to be ready at the end of 2023, possibly beginning 2024.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Aptera was taken to Costco by Quincy, Aptera’s Digital Marketing Manager. She managed to fit 180 rolls of toilet paper, trail mix, smoked jerky beef, pistachios, 20 Kind Bars, sparkling water, sparkling juice, nut bars, Simply Pop-Tarts, apples, bananas, açaí, snap peas (all organic, which makes no difference for the point the company was trying to make), Pirate Booty, mandarins, Late July chips, 26 Clif Bars, green juice, mango juice, and cold brew.

Regular grocery shopping would have a completely different variety of products, such as milk, eggs, packs of rice, and a long etcetera that would probably help people better visualize how capable the 25 cubic feet compartment in the Aptera is. Despite that, what was more interesting was what putting all that stuff in the trike allowed us to see.

With everything in the trunk, the rear glass in the Aptera is completely obstructed. That said, people thinking about having solar cells all over that surface should not worry about visibility: the rear hatch will probably have a better use generating electric energy anyway.

In the December update, Aptera also revealed that the beta vehicles would have roll cages for safety. We get it that these cars are prototypes, but the roll cages may give the impression that the composite body is not enough to deal with a crash. Aptera will probably have to provide a more extensive explanation for that to avoid any negative assumptions.

The good news is that Aptera signed supplier agreements that will ensure it has the necessary components to start production by the end of 2022. If reservations keep growing by 2,000 each month, the company will reach manufacturing with close to 35,000 owners waiting for their vehicles.

source: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/with-more-than-15000-pre-orders-aptera-shows-how-it-handles-shopping-179639.html

the source of this information was included for the benifit of the MUSKeteers

#819 2 years ago

Great video that reviews the Aptera in current prototype form.

#820 2 years ago

one being worked on...So do they have production facilities ??? or are they the Deeproot of EVs ???

apt (resized).jpgapt (resized).jpg
#821 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

one being worked on...So do they have production facilities ??? or are they the Deeproot of EVs ???
[quoted image]

This kinda looks like a Heighway Production Shot.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

This is their beta prototype where they are revising suspension, improving subsystems for easy assembly and repair etc. No cars in production yet. Only 2-3 prototypes in existence.

They claim to use 100 watt hours per mile. My Tesla model s is is more like 335 watt hours per mile. Even at 100 watt hours per mile they would need a 100kw battery pack to hit the 1000 mile range. That car was in the 40k plus range on their website. I think the sweet spot on this would be the 400 mile model that was substantially cheaper.

Their plans for repair include QR codes throughout the vehicle linking to videos showing you how to fix things. They will ship you or your mechanic parts to fix broken stuff. Encouraging to see right to repair taken seriously.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

This is their beta prototype where they are revising suspension, improving subsystems for easy assembly and repair etc. No cars in production yet. Only 2-3 prototypes in existence.
They claim to use 100 watt hours per mile. My Tesla model s is is more like 335 watt hours per mile. Even at 100 watt hours per mile they would need a 100kw battery pack to hit the 1000 mile range. That car was in the 40k plus range on their website. I think the sweet spot on this would be the 400 mile model that was substantially cheaper.
Their plans for repair include QR codes throughout the vehicle linking to videos showing you how to fix things. They will ship you or your mechanic parts to fix broken stuff. Encouraging to see right to repair taken seriously.

I love the innovation. I honestly think I’m eagerly awaiting single passenger vtol EVs. I honestly think it will be safer than being on the roads in a what is essentially a motorcycle. But I’m not a safety expert. I just think vtol is a cool.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

possibly
the hatch area is huge
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

yup

Quoted from bob_e:

So do they have production facilities ???

These guys are legit, Sandy Munro is an investor and he knows a thing or 2 about automobile production.

As far as safety, from their website:

The body is built with ultra-lightweight composites and its arched shape mimics the physics of an eggshell — that protects you and your loved ones with a safety cell that's seven times stronger than steel.

Should be fairly safe but would have to see crash test ratings to back up their claims

#825 2 years ago

Fairly safe lol. Those things look ridiculous.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

mental note: buy a helmet and body bag....

body bag can double as a wrap for the game hanging out of the hatch.

#827 2 years ago

possibly
the hatch area is huge
[quoted image]

yup

not a chance in hell, there is no vertical clearance for a machine. even a headless cabinet would likely not fit unless it was an early EM.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I'm 80% of the way towards inventing one. I just need some investors to help me get that last 20% finished.

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

no but these should

dded (resized).jpgdded (resized).jpgf (resized).jpgf (resized).jpgs-l1600dddd (resized).jpgs-l1600dddd (resized).jpg
#830 2 years ago

Note A Flame Thrower from Elon's The boring Company

flame (resized).jpgflame (resized).jpg
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Is that yours?! I have tried hard to get one. Too expensive for my blood. Darn it. I’ve always wanted a (not a) flamethrower

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is that yours?! I have tried hard to get one. Too expensive for my blood. Darn it. I’ve always wanted a (not a) flamethrower

Chumly on Pawnstars bought one for $1400. I saw the rerun on TV today. the "expert" said they are worth $800-1200.
Somewhere I read they made 20,000 of them. try Ebay or Gunbroker ??

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

J: "Are you going to do another run?"

E: "No."

J: "No?. That's it?"

E: "Yes."

Guy got a better concept of "LE" than some pinball companies.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

no but these should
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I could have a bad joke about the Yellow Ranger's bumper was dead but that would be hitting close to real life so I won't.

In case you didn't know.

Thuy Trang was beloved by millions after Mighty Morphin Power Rangers premiered in 1993, but the actress' life ended in tragedy when she died after a car accident in 2001. She was 27.

#835 2 years ago

Interesting video on the current state of cobalt and the EV industry

#836 1 year ago

41 MPG.....can't do that with batteries

MPG (resized).jpgMPG (resized).jpg
#837 1 year ago

After spending $44 BILLION on Twitter to insure his right to free speech, what is next?

musk (resized).jpgmusk (resized).jpg
#838 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

After spending $44 BILLION on Twitter to insure his right to free speech, what is next?
[quoted image]

He could do that a lot cheaper by simply buying the maker of the icecream machine makers that have a weird relationship with McD's corporate where they make all their money on service calls because they designed the machines to not work. Wow, great run on sentence.

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Hell of an impulse buy! For my part I bought a PowerBall ticket this afternoon. We'll see who made the better investment in a year or two.

#840 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

He could do that a lot cheaper by simply buying the maker of the icecream machine makers that have a weird relationship with McD's corporate where they make all their money on service calls because they designed the machines to not work. Wow, great run on sentence.

you do realize that was not a real musk tweet, somebody mocked it up

#841 1 year ago

I bought a SS Pinball machine that will fit into any tezla

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg
#842 1 year ago

it was on facebook so yes it is fake just like 80% of the internet

#843 1 year ago
ec (resized).jpgec (resized).jpg
#844 1 year ago

Saving this for future Facebook arguments, 100% accurate

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Wow, great run on sentence.

Foo Cann grammar police

#846 1 year ago

Musk tweets like an insecure 12 year old boy, so it's really not far outside possibility

#847 1 year ago

If Elon doesn't rename Twitter to MySpaceX then it was all for nothing

#848 1 year ago

We own an Env200, it’s an electric Nissan nv200
130km range . Which is plenty for surfing and town/work. Also will fit a pin and lift . It’s charges with the solar on the roof . It literally cost nothing to drive, it’s quiet, it’s fast, it’s smooth. Bogans with the loud exhaust often get eaten off the line, their peepees shrivel to dust. Our grid is 81% renewable anyway, but the reality is that even if we burned coal to “fuel” it, the operation of BEV is many times more efficient then gas and at 10bucks a gallon . Your tiny peepee hate of EVs will cost you

#849 1 year ago
Quoted from Dawson:

We own an Env200, it’s an electric Nissan nv200 130km range .

RANGE: just under 81 miles WOOPEE

Note that it is 85 miles door to door to visit my step son in Toledo

Added: My part time Job is 46.5 miles one way. they are no provisions for charging at that shop. No parking spaces next to the building. running a 100' extension cord across the parking lot is not really practical. Will the solar panel provide enough charge in 5 hours to get me back home?

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

RANGE: just under 81 miles WOOPEE
Note that it is 85 miles door to door to visit my step son in Toledo

"How dare that guy be happy with a vehicle that suits his needs!"

There are 10,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 202.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.