ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16-44-36 EV vs. Gas Which Cars Are Cheaper to Own (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.44.38?AM (resized).png
IMG_5069 (resized).JPG
There are 10,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 202.
#6651 11 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All charging should be done in the Charging Drawer

[quoted image]

That’s some charging drawer to fit an EV.

#6652 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Based on prior interactions its probably better for you to sit back and watch lol

Lol. I can’t believe you even said that after being wrong here so often and having to correct yourself many times. FFS

#6653 11 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Dang, now I need a new toolbox. My metal cabinet just doesn’t seem good enough any more.

A real man can always find an excuse to buy a new toolbox

If you don't know about the HF S&D sale page, it may help push you over the edge.

Selection changes daily:

https://www.harborfreight.com/scratch-and-dent-sale

#6654 11 months ago
Quoted from altan:

That’s some charging drawer to fit an EV.

Builders try to save $20 in wire by roughing-in the charging outlets in the front wall of the garage.

Make sure they get installed near the garage door; so you can charge indoors or out (or if a friend stops by and wants to top off her pack)

#6655 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Lol. I can’t believe you even said that after being wrong here so often and having to correct yourself many times. FFS

Name one thing I've been wrong about. You have yet to refute anything I've said.

Waiting.

#6656 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Name one thing I've been wrong about. You have yet to refute anything I've said.
Waiting.

#6657 11 months ago

Okay, smarty pants. Name two things he's been wrong about.

#6658 11 months ago

Well...You finally got me. When you posted about Saudi Arabia's battery processing investments (with no links or references) I looked at their AU partnership not their CN partnership.

Oh for shame.

Anywho, thanks for bringing this back to the top. You never actually answered the question about that plant...care to now?

"Explain, using facts not feelings, why a brand new modern plant in SA or CN that will process raw materials used for batteries that are almost endlessly reusable and charged by, worldwide, almost 40% renewable sources is materially WORSE than oil exploration, drilling, refining, transporting (not to mention an average of 2 major environmental disasters caused by spills annually) all to produce a gallon of gas thats used ONCE by millions of incredibly inefficient ICE vehicles around the globe."

https://www.electrive.com/2023/01/25/ev-metals-to-build-processing-complex-in-saudi-arabia/

#6659 11 months ago

No. I’m not here to entertain you. Go away, you’re boring

#6660 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

No. I’m not here to entertain you. Go away, you’re boring

You made the claim. Answer or don’t. Either way it’s entertaining so thanks.

#6661 11 months ago

Boom!

"Tesla Model 3 crushes gas vehicle competition in reliability study"

"The ADAC found that out of 1,000 2020 model-year Tesla Model 3s, only 1.1 vehicles broke down annually, which surprisingly is a slight increase from the 2019 Model 3, which only had 0.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units. Comparatively, the average gas vehicle had 6.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units, and the average EV had 4.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units."

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-crushes-reliability-study/

German study so you know it's good.

#6662 11 months ago
IMG_3158 (resized).pngIMG_3158 (resized).png
#6663 11 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Boom!
"The ADAC found that out of 1,000 2020 model-year Tesla Model 3s, only 1.1 vehicles broke down annually, which surprisingly is a slight increase from the 2019 Model 3, which only had 0.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units. Comparatively, the average gas vehicle had 6.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units, and the average EV had 4.9 breakdowns per 1,000 units."

#6664 11 months ago

I blame these old guys for my sarcastic attitude.

#6665 11 months ago

I blame these old guys for my sarcastic attitude.

I blame your mom

#6666 11 months ago

Trying to keep track of the back and forth between pin.... Hard to keep track when you don't see avatars

#6668 11 months ago

Better strap a device on the back of all EV’s that can capture those.

#6669 11 months ago

Needed an app to read, so I didn’t. But you all never seemed to complain when giant, heavy, fume-belching semis shed tire crap everywhere….

#6670 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Needed an app to read, so I didn’t. But you all never seemed to complain when giant, heavy, fume-belching semis shed tire crap everywhere….

Is that a yo mama joke?

#6671 11 months ago

Is that a yo mama joke?

Hahahaha

#6672 11 months ago

Can’t believe y’all didn’t laugh at the EV strap on joke either. Tough crowd in here.

#6674 11 months ago
#6675 11 months ago
IMG_3220 (resized).pngIMG_3220 (resized).png
#6676 11 months ago

Whoa. That could be cool. Need to watch that innovation. Thanks for pointing that out.

#6677 11 months ago

Did anyone watch Rich Rebuilds video today? His Rivian barely tagged in the back is a $30K body job. I would imagine insurance on Rivians is crazy high, but when you know the repair costs, not crazy from insurance company POV.

#6679 11 months ago

Just like VHS won in the 80's, looks like Tesla may win the charger standard now. Ford is adopting the Tesla connector in 2025+ EV's.

https://electricautonomy.ca/2023/05/26/tesla-ford-supercharger-public-charging/

Tesla and Ford may be retail competitors, but now they are charging partners — with a new Supercharger deal and Ford’s move to adopt Tesla’s charging port in all new EVs starting in 2025

Tesla is opening its Supercharger network to Ford EV drivers in Canada and the U.S. in spring 2024; while Ford will phase out Combined Charging System ports on its vehicles in favour of Tesla’s North American Charging Standard (NACS) port, starting in 2025.

These announcements — unveiled jointly in a Twitter Live discussion yesterday by Telsa CEO Elon Musk and Ford CEO Jim Farley — are a strong signal from the two American automakers that charging access is a critical component of selling EVs.

Initially, Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit owners will have access to Tesla’s over 12,000-strong Supercharger network. Future Ford drivers with the NACS ports on their vehicles will follow.

“Tesla has led the industry in creating a large, reliable and efficient charging system and we are pleased to be able to join forces in a way that benefits customers and overall EV adoption,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer for the Ford Model e in a press release.

“The Tesla Supercharger network has excellent reliability and the NACS plug is smaller and lighter. Overall, this provides a superior experience for customers.”

The announcement is also the first indication from Tesla that it will open up its Supercharger network to non-Tesla vehicles in Canada. Already non-Tesla drivers in the U.S. are able to access some Tesla Superchargers using an adapter at the station.

“We don’t want the Tesla Supercharger network to be a walled garden,” said Musk.

“It is our intent to do everything possible to support Ford and have Ford be on an equal footing at Tesla Superchargers.”

BlueOval charging network

Currently, Ford EV drivers have access to the automaker’s BlueOval charging network.

The BlueOval charging network is “the largest public charging network in North America offered by automotive manufacturers,” claims Ford.

It’s a pay-as-you-go network spanning North America. BlueOval has over 84,000 chargers and partners including ChargePoint, FLO, Shell ReCharge, SemaCharge Network and Electric Circuit.

Adding Tesla’s Supercharger network boosts that number to nearly 100,000 chargers (22,000 fast chargers). And Ford dealerships are also putting a combined 1,800 public fast-chargers online by 2024.

“Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence,” reads Ford’s explanation of how the integration will work.

Ford is calling all of its EVs made in or after 2025 its “next generation” EVs. Tesla, in its recent Investor Day presentation pegs Supercharger reliability at 99.95 per cent.

“This is great news for our customers who will have unprecedented access to the largest network of fast-chargers in the U.S. and Canada with 12,000+ Tesla Superchargers plus 10,000+ fast-chargers already in the BlueOval Charge Network,” said Farley.

#6680 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Just like VHS won in the 80's, looks like Tesla may win the charger standard now. Ford is adopting the Tesla connector in 2025+ EV's.
https://electricautonomy.ca/2023/05/26/tesla-ford-supercharger-public-charging/
Tesla and Ford may be retail competitors, but now they are charging partners — with a new Supercharger deal and Ford’s move to adopt Tesla’s charging port in all new EVs starting in 2025
Tesla is opening its Supercharger network to Ford EV drivers in Canada and the U.S. in spring 2024; while Ford will phase out Combined Charging System ports on its vehicles in favour of Tesla’s North American Charging Standard (NACS) port, starting in 2025.
These announcements — unveiled jointly in a Twitter Live discussion yesterday by Telsa CEO Elon Musk and Ford CEO Jim Farley — are a strong signal from the two American automakers that charging access is a critical component of selling EVs.
Initially, Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit owners will have access to Tesla’s over 12,000-strong Supercharger network. Future Ford drivers with the NACS ports on their vehicles will follow.
“Tesla has led the industry in creating a large, reliable and efficient charging system and we are pleased to be able to join forces in a way that benefits customers and overall EV adoption,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer for the Ford Model e in a press release.
“The Tesla Supercharger network has excellent reliability and the NACS plug is smaller and lighter. Overall, this provides a superior experience for customers.”
The announcement is also the first indication from Tesla that it will open up its Supercharger network to non-Tesla vehicles in Canada. Already non-Tesla drivers in the U.S. are able to access some Tesla Superchargers using an adapter at the station.
“We don’t want the Tesla Supercharger network to be a walled garden,” said Musk.
“It is our intent to do everything possible to support Ford and have Ford be on an equal footing at Tesla Superchargers.”
BlueOval charging network
Currently, Ford EV drivers have access to the automaker’s BlueOval charging network.
The BlueOval charging network is “the largest public charging network in North America offered by automotive manufacturers,” claims Ford.
It’s a pay-as-you-go network spanning North America. BlueOval has over 84,000 chargers and partners including ChargePoint, FLO, Shell ReCharge, SemaCharge Network and Electric Circuit.
Adding Tesla’s Supercharger network boosts that number to nearly 100,000 chargers (22,000 fast chargers). And Ford dealerships are also putting a combined 1,800 public fast-chargers online by 2024.
“Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence,” reads Ford’s explanation of how the integration will work.
Ford is calling all of its EVs made in or after 2025 its “next generation” EVs. Tesla, in its recent Investor Day presentation pegs Supercharger reliability at 99.95 per cent.
“This is great news for our customers who will have unprecedented access to the largest network of fast-chargers in the U.S. and Canada with 12,000+ Tesla Superchargers plus 10,000+ fast-chargers already in the BlueOval Charge Network,” said Farley.

We’re not ready!!!

Jk. Thanks for posting that!

#6681 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

We’re not ready!!!
Jk. Thanks for posting that!

VHS is dead. Is that what we are celebrating here?

#6682 11 months ago

Looking at it from the USA perspective, if the general goal is to convert from ICE to EV, setting up multiple charging networks with different connections where some will work only with certain types of EVs and everything is starting from scratch at enormous cost seems like one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived.

#6683 11 months ago

VHS is dead. Is that what we are celebrating here?

It's alive and well in my house thank you very much

#6684 11 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Looking at it from the USA perspective, if the general goal is to convert from ICE to EV, setting up multiple charging networks with different connections where some will work only with certain types of EVs and everything is starting from scratch at enormous cost seems like one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived.

It is stupid! If it’s going to be mandated, at least have a standard.

#6685 11 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Did anyone watch Rich Rebuilds video today? His Rivian barely tagged in the back is a $30K body job. I would imagine insurance on Rivians is crazy high, but when you know the repair costs, not crazy from insurance company POV.

It's shocking what kind of negligible appearing damage will total a Maverick. Check this out. Totalled for a fender-bender and there are many examples...

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/my-maverick-now-has-salvage-surname.30742/

#6686 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

It's alive and well in my house thank you very much

Are you embracing obsolete non green tech?

#6687 10 months ago
IMG_3348.jpegIMG_3348.jpeg
#6688 10 months ago

If I was an EV owner competing for charge sites, I would totally leave a note like that freeing it up.

#6689 10 months ago

Are you embracing obsolete non green tech?

I don't throw things away simply because they are obsolete. It's why I still own a solid-state pin.

#6690 10 months ago

If George would have had an ICE Rascal, he would have gotten away.

#6691 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If George would have had an ICE Rascal, he would have gotten away.

This scene reminds me of the scooter gang in the new Star Wars Book of Boba Fett series.

#6692 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Boom!

Here we go again with selective statistics. You did look at the source data (i.e. the German ADAC article), right?

If so, you would have seen the following ICE models had the same or fewer breakdowns per 1,000 than the Tesla 3s with 1.1 breakdowns in 2020 when comparing Middle class vehicles (somewhat ironically, they are all German):

- Audi A4 | 1.0
- BMW 3 Series | 0.8
- BMS X3 | 1.1
- Mercedes C-Class | 0.8
- Mercedes GLC | 1.1

Not sure how the data points to Tesla "crushing" ICE vehicles when it was equaled or bettered by over 20% of the other vehicles (the study included 23 total in the "Middle" class).

Conclusion? As a German auto buyer you could purchase 5 of the most popular German made ICE vehicles and have equal or better reliability than buying an American import Tesla 3 EV. Don't get me wrong, I want the entire world to purchase our exports, but the case the article you posted is trying to make just doesn't hold water.

#6693 10 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Has nothing to do with it being an EV, more a sheet metal design choice

#6694 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here we go again with selective statistics. You did look at the source data (i.e. the German ADAC article), right?
If so, you would have seen the following ICE models had the same or fewer breakdowns per 1,000 than the Tesla 3s with 1.1 breakdowns in 2020 when comparing Middle class vehicles (somewhat ironically, they are all German):
- Audi A4 | 1.0
- BMW 3 Series | 0.8
- BMS X3 | 1.1
- Mercedes C-Class | 0.8
- Mercedes GLC | 1.1
Not sure how the data points to Tesla "crushing" ICE vehicles when it was equaled or bettered by over 20% of the other vehicles (the study included 23 total in the "Middle" class).
Conclusion? As a German auto buyer you could purchase 5 of the most popular German made ICE vehicles and have equal or better reliability than buying an American import Tesla 3 EV. Don't get me wrong, I want the entire world to purchase our exports, but the case the article you posted is trying to make just doesn't hold water.

Data always favors the group that paid for the data

#6695 10 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

100%
It’s also assembly choices. Lots of glued on and riveted panels on these cars. Material makes a big difference as well. When the ford f150 and superduty went to mostly aluminum body and panels there was a similar issue. Working with aluminum and composites takes a completely different skill set than your run of the mill body shop.

#6696 10 months ago

There's a guy on the Maverick forums who's Ecoboost Maverick had an engine fire and burned up. He should have got it towed once the check engine light started blinking and he saw oil all over the engine and hood. Instead he tried to limp it home and that's when it caught fire. Makes me wonder how many of these fires are user error?

#6697 10 months ago

But is a trend often attributed with 'new companies' instead of companies that have a long history of learning how to engineer their products. Everyone makes choices in their designs, and when it comes to ownership, an important element to understand. And why I won't buy BMW

#6698 10 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Data always favors the group that paid for the data

Yes, but in this case the issue is commentators/readers not analyzing the results holistically. It's like they were looking for something, found it, and then went about obliviously writing their articles without bothering to critically analyze their reporting before making it public. Seems about on par for the Google generation, however.

#6699 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And why I won't buy BMW

I owned a BMW 535i for about 5 years and traded it in around 2018 or so (purchased it used with about 35K on it and drove over 100K when I had it). What I will say is that it was one of my favorite vehicles I ever owned. Comfortable, quiet, accelerated well and enough power, and really didn't have too many issues with it (until the end). However, repairs were more costly even using my local shop which is extremely fair with their pricing. Ultimately, I needed to spend several thousand dollars to repair a transmission issue, and figured it was time to wave goodbye (which I have done multiple times with various makes/models of vehicles).

#6700 10 months ago

Had a friend that bought a F150 the first year they went to aluminum panels. Wasn't long before he was in an accident and regretted his decision. I'm sure it is getting better, but I know there are still limited shops that do aluminum work. I unfortunately had a vehicle totaled recently (not my fault - my truck was rear ended causing frame damage), and while I was at a national collision repair chain with probably 20+ locations here in DFW, I heard the receptionist tell a caller that only one of their locations in Fort Worth did aluminum repairs.

There are 10,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 202.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.