ford-charge-station-pro-install-with-1-conduit-this-time-v0-e1kcy3p1c3za1.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Image 4-21-24 at 1.05?PM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 13-53-01 Who Wants a Loud Car (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 18-12-04 reddit (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.32.26?AM (resized).png
used (resized).jpg
There are 10,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 202.
#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:150k / 15 years - isn’t that about the average car life today before major problems show up? Outside of really well built cars before the 1980’s that is.

Hell no! Got a 2012 CR-V with 260k miles still going strong. It eats right CV axles every 100k miles though. Otherwise nothing major….

#6202 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Hell no! Got a 2012 CR-V with 260k miles still going strong. It eats right CV axles every 100k miles though. Otherwise nothing major….

Asymmetrical shafts?

#6203 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Asymmetrical shafts?

Yep!

#6204 1 year ago

Everytime. Without fail. No matter who makes them.

#6205 1 year ago

Everytime. Without fail. No matter who makes them.

I used to have a local who would rebuild them for $100. He got out of it though. Honda is very proud of their CV Axles. Aftermarkets suck. I need to learn how to rebuild them myself.

#6206 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I used to have a local who would rebuild them for $100. He got out of it though. Honda is very proud of their CV Axles. Aftermarkets suck. I need to learn how to rebuild them myself.

Its not hard, just messy and time consuming.

#6207 1 year ago

And a lift/hoist to move it.

Or do you?!

#6208 1 year ago

note they removed it - not got it out of the yard or anywhere else without said equipment

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

note they removed it - not got it out of the yard or anywhere else without said equipment

Love the creepers.

#6210 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well… that’s kind of what I was saying. Replacing axles isn’t a $15k battery, but not an air filter or spark plug repair either. Going in the shop for something major every 150k seems to be the norm for todays cars.

Sidebar - I bet you could get those axles rebuilt yourself.

#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Well… that’s kind of what I was saying. Replacing axles isn’t a $15k battery, but not an air filter or spark plug repair either. Going in the shop for something major every 150k seems to be the norm for todays cars.
Sidebar - I bet you could get those axles rebuilt yourself.

I forgot, also replaced the starter at about that point. Replacing the starter in a CR-V is not easy, but I rebuilt it with a $12 kit. The dealer will bend you over if you have them do it.

I’ve got plenty of repairable axles to experiment with. That’s for sure.

#6212 1 year ago

Blurred the license plate so Elon doesn't remotely disable

Screenshot_2023-04-18-10-59-29-01_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpgScreenshot_2023-04-18-10-59-29-01_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

#6213 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Blurred the license plate so Elon doesn't remotely disable
[quoted image]

Here we go again ..... once the darling of the left, now ostracized because he is on the side of free speech
I love the hypocrisy

#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Here we go again ..... once the darling of the left, now ostracized because he is on the side of free speech
I love the hypocrisy

No, everyone hates him on both the left and right, because he's an asshat

People who are proponents of "Free Speech" don't disable the accounts of their critic's, LOL

#6215 1 year ago

"Are you sure about that???"

#6216 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No, not everyone. I don't have any opinion about him either way, but I'm sure his companies created a lot of jobs!

#6218 1 year ago

I love the hypocrisy

An anti-union billionaire with a consistent wake of labor violations and an antagonistic relationship with every regulator has never been a darling of the left nor has he done anything in support of free speech. His very public track record speaks for itself. Stick to Bard.

#6219 1 year ago

this may help some folks understand what's really going on with Twitter & "Free Speech."

337224344_1056549755300805_5888798081679144718_n (resized).jpg337224344_1056549755300805_5888798081679144718_n (resized).jpg
#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People who are proponents of "Free Speech" don't disable the accounts of their critic's, LOL

I am right in the middle and like him even more when he pissed off people ... that's the kind of stuff you can do with FU money

#6221 1 year ago

People triggered by Musk are weak AF!

#6222 1 year ago

Love him or hate him, he hasn’t changed who he is to appease anyone. You have to respect that these days.

#6223 1 year ago

And yet he is so easily triggered himself and constantly silences critics on twitter...

#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

People triggered by Musk are weak AF!

He's not triggering anyone.

He has a hair-trigger, and is constantly reacting to every perceived celebrity slight.

He's going to fist fight Putin, hero rescuers are pedophiles, female rappers are sluts, bill gates ruined his erections, censor all his critics, prioritize all his tweets, it's never ending amusement for us (but at the same time you feel sorry for someone with such low self esteem )

#6225 1 year ago

Love him or hate him, he hasn’t changed who he is to appease anyone. You have to respect that these days.

You have to? I personally think respect is earned. And I don’t think you earn it by constantly lying or racking up mile-long legal bills for discrimination and mistreatment of employees, fraud, workplace harassment, divorces, alimony, ect…

#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

You have to? I personally think respect is earned.

Contextual clues dear Watson. Contextual clues. Read the statement as a whole, not what you want to nit pick out.

#6227 1 year ago

At least post up that you edited it you sly dog.

#6228 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I personally think respect is earned. And I don’t think you earn it by constantly lying or racking up mile-long legal bills for discrimination and mistreatment of employees, fraud, workplace harassment, divorces, alimony, ect…

Respect can certainly be earned through hard work, integrity, and ethical behavior. It is true that Elon Musk and his companies have faced legal challenges and controversies, some of which involve allegations of discrimination, mistreatment of employees, and workplace harassment.

However, it is also worth noting that many successful individuals and companies have faced legal challenges and controversies over the course of their careers, and it is not always a reflection of their overall character or achievements. Moreover, Elon Musk has also been recognized for his contributions to technology and innovation, and many people admire him for his ambitious goals and entrepreneurial spirit.

#6229 1 year ago

Found the perfect meme for vid1900 and Ribs today.

IMG_1850 (resized).jpegIMG_1850 (resized).jpeg
#6230 1 year ago

At least post up that you edited it you sly dog.

We are talking about Musk. Me adding some additional context for things Musk is generally known for is not a sly maneuver. It only seems sly because you lack familiarity with the person you say you have to respect.

Bard Bmore is a much better poster. He at least seems to know the definition of the words he uses, and doesn't think up is actually down.

#6231 1 year ago

I've heard from people that know him that his favorite drug is ketamine and he does it often. I have no problem with this personally, ketamine is actually a wonderfully gentle psychedelic and is both fun and useful therapeutically. However, it might explain some of his more outrageous behavior, both on and off Twitter. The drug gives you a very creative/inspirational mind for a brief period, but then you come down quickly and for awhile suffer from the illusion that you're not high anymore and can function normally. I myself have said some stupid stuff on-line high on K! ("The Radish is truly King of Vegetables")

#6232 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

We are talking about Musk. Me adding some additional context for things Musk is generally known for is not a sly maneuver. It only seems sly because you lack familiarity with the person you say you have to respect.

Ok, at first I thought that you just read my post fast and felt the urge to respond asap. Now I realize you didn’t comprehend any of what I wrote in the slightest.

#6233 1 year ago

I never wrote that I respect musk for anything other than that in spite of people from both sides of the aisle going after him, he has not wavered in his stance or caved to either.

I made zero claims about knowing, let alone caring who he is as a person.

#6234 1 year ago

Ok, at first I thought that you just read my post fast and felt the urge to respond asap. Now I realize you didn’t comprehend any of what I wrote in the slightest.

You: He is who he is, and hasn't changed to appease anyone. You have to respect that these days.
Me: No you don't.
You: You didn't comprehend anything I said.

Good convo. Your written word is on the same tier of quality as your memes...

-Jake, a random anecdote passed to me from a coworker's friend who still works at Twitter also included non-specified drug use at the office, and I was wondering what they may have meant.

#6235 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

You: He is who he is, and hasn't changed to appease anyone. You have to respect that these days.
Me: No you don't.
You: You didn't comprehend anything I said.
Good convo. Your written word is on the same tier of quality as your memes...

This is your rebuttal? Sad you go back and edit your posts to support your stance after the fact. The quotes don’t lie keyboard cowboy.

#6236 1 year ago

Found the perfect meme for vid1900 and Ribs today.
[quoted image]

Appreciate the effort, but I'm not a US citizen, and don't recognize the people.

(Top might be Morton Downey Jr ?)

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Appreciate the effort, but I'm not a US citizen, and don't recognize the people.
(Top might be Morton Downey Jr ?)

Here's a better image.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Top is Robert Downey Jr.
Bottom is Jeff Bridges.

People need to learn to find a better picture when they post it and not use a Thumb Nail pic.

#6238 1 year ago

From original Iron Man movie. A bit of a stretch for a meme.

#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thanks! I was about to add that it was from Iron Man.

#6240 1 year ago

I love the hypocrisy

I can PROMISE you Elmo doesn't give two shits about free speech. I laugh so hard when I see people who took that bait hook, line, and sinker... He's a narcissitic bullshit artist who managed to figure out a way to make himself wealthy off the backs of the US taxpayer. The only free speech Elmo sides with is the kind that blows endless smoke up his ass.

#6241 1 year ago

I love the hypocrisy

He was never a "Darling" on the left.

#6242 1 year ago

actually, i think he kind of was, and I'm hard left. Alot of us wanted to believe Elon was fighting climate change by putting his fortune into an electric car company. In retrospect this seems naive, but he certainly fooled many on the left into thinking he was an environmentalist in the beginning.

#6243 1 year ago

I still have many friends here in Cali who are kind of in the futurist/anarchist wing of the left and who are still somewhat Elon stans and they'll say things like "he's a bit of a putz personally but his companies do good important work."

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I saw that movie, but don't remember it well enough to get the joke

#6245 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I can PROMISE you Elmo doesn't give two shits about free speech. I laugh so hard when I see people who took that bait hook, line, and sinker... He's a narcissitic bullshit artist who managed to figure out a way to make himself wealthy off the backs of the US taxpayer. The only free speech Elmo sides with is the kind that blows endless smoke up his ass.

Thanks, I love a good promise and I understand your frustration. Elon Musk is a very controversial figure, and there are many people who believe that he is not sincere in his commitment to free speech. Some people believe that he is simply using the issue of free speech as a way to promote himself and his own interests. Others believe that he is genuinely concerned about the future of free speech, but that he does not have a realistic understanding of how to balance free speech with other important values, such as preventing the spread of misinformation and hate speech.

But .... this is the kind of stuff that makes me like him even more ... he really gets under the skin of certain people and that makes me smile

#6246 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

actually, i think he kind of was, and I'm hard left. Alot of us wanted to believe Elon was fighting climate change by putting his fortune into an electric car company. In retrospect this seems naive, but he certainly fooled many on the left into thinking he was an environmentalist in the beginning.

I never believed he, or the people who started Tesla were "Environmentalists". they started off by building a roadster that $109,000 in 2008.
They weren't doing it to save the world.

#6247 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I never believed he, or the people who started Tesla were "Environmentalists". they started off by building a roadster that $109,000 in 2008.
They weren't doing it to save the world.

Not sure if they are or are not "Environmentalists", but the fact that they started with a very expensive car has zero relevance to your argument. The best way to start a new car company is with the most expensive/profitable models - all the new car companies have followed that blueprint. Musk has continually worked his way towards a goal of affordable models.

#6248 1 year ago

Thanks, I love a good promise and I understand your frustration. Elon Musk is a very controversial figure, and there are many people who believe that he is not sincere in his commitment to free speech. Some people believe that he is simply using the issue of free speech as a way to promote himself and his own interests. Others believe that he is genuinely concerned about the future of free speech, but that he does not have a realistic understanding of how to balance free speech with other important values, such as preventing the spread of misinformation and hate speech.
But .... this is the kind of stuff that makes me like him even more ... he really gets under the skin of certain people and that makes me smile

I can tell you've never met him, or worked with him, and that's all I can say...

#6249 1 year ago

At least Elon is in the Guinness World Book of Records!

(For losing the most money of any man on earth.)

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2023/1/elon-musk-suffers-worst-loss-of-fortune-in-history

#6250 1 year ago

Oh it’s Musk discussion time finally.

I just got rid of my Tesla because the supposed tech advantage is mostly bull. I swear, Musk is constantly pushing how far he can take his manure and amazingly people keep buying it.
The most impressive bamboozling that he pulls off successfully is “Full Self Driving”. For a mediocre L2 driver assist.
The most hilarious marketing success is “Vegan Leather” LOL. He probably thought that this obvious troll idea will fly with his early adopter California vegansoylattedecaftripleshot demographic and it did. It’s not “Vegan Leather”. It’s plastic.
And that “awesome” Tesla infotainment tech is not any more impressive than a $49 Android tablet from AliExpress.

There are 10,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 202.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.