• Neutral 95 votes
    19%
  • *I actually like EVs* 269 votes
    55%

(488 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.10.29?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-17-22 Ford targets Tesla owners with $1 500 EV 'conquest' rebates (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 01-19-38 Family Own A Tesla Get $1 500 Off A Ford Mustang Mach-E Carscoops (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11-54-36 Best Solar Generator for Home Backup Power EcoFlow US (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09-48-53 EcoFlow DELTA Pro 2 × 220W Solar Panel DELTA Pro Extra Battery D - (Members-only) DELTA Pro 2
248edf2c-1a41-4790-a83f-64f0bd20ad95 (resized).png
f285d5d3-ceec-4b7f-a741-0770ba2431ef (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240409_134107.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
200w.gif
2023.10-volvo-ex30-barcelona-global-first-drive-event-KYLE-22-scaled-1-800x445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240406_000711.jpg
Image 4-5-24 at 9.41?PM (resized).jpeg
There are 10,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 201.
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

No, in saying it does it without human input you specifically stated it takes human input. Try again.

Autonomous takes human input as well. Try again.

And yes, absolutely. ESP will, independent of human input, apply brakes and adjust throttle. And of course AEB's entire purpose is to brake without human input.

#5752 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Unlike regularly driven cars that are killing a record average of 20+ pedestrians a day with traffic collisions now being one of the leading cause of deaths for children, right behind firearms.....yeah things are really going great with leaving it entirely up to personal responsibility of the American public...and you want more of that. Genuis! There are lots of bad ideas worth mentioning if you were actually concerned about pedestrian safety, and you have failed to do that repeatedly. You saw an obviously misleading youtube video and closed your mind around it.

You sound like someone who wants more government.

#5753 1 year ago

How out of shape are you that driving tires you out.

Are you just gaslighting us? Or perhaps just trying to get a rise? Yea that’s probably it. I mean you were concerned about technology you don’t understand and we’re given data going back years showing at least one system is over 7 times safer than a human - yet you persist.

Rather than be concerned about my shape, which I appreciate by the way, just Google the affects of long term driving. Back pain, shoulder and arm pain, headaches, nausea, sciatic pain, etc…. Many of that will still be there if you drive over 3 hrs without standing but much of the aches pain and fatigue goes away without those micro arm movements on the steering wheel.

If you can honestly say you aren’t more tired, fatigued, sore from sitting in the driving seat than the passenger seat then… well you’re lying.

#5754 1 year ago

Has anyone mentioned they hate ev’s lately? I think we need to get back to the spirit of the thread

#5755 1 year ago

So what about an EV Tank?

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

If you can honestly say you aren’t more tired, fatigued, sore from sitting in the driving seat than the passenger seat then… well you’re lying.

LOL I'm old and out of shape but not that much. I take several 6-10 hour road trips a year and never have an issue being tired from driving.

#5757 1 year ago

LOL I'm old and out of shape but not that much. I take several 6-10 hour road trips a year and never have an issue being tired from driving.

You didn’t even answer the question. Are you MORE tired, fatigued, sore, etc from driving those 6-10 hrs than you would be if you were just a passenger? If so then lane keeping assist would help you - as it has me. That was my point. Constantly making steering adjustments for 6-10 hours has an impact. Has nothing to do with age.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Has anyone mentioned they hate ev’s lately? I think we need to get back to the spirit of the thread

There is a Distinction not being made;

LOVE EV's . . . but Lithium and Batteries?, filled with Contrived Restricted Charged Energy, multiple sorts of Slavery made 'Ok'? . . . basically disgusting isn't enough words.

Nothing Against Electric Powered Vehicles, as in themselves, awesome lets go back to the 19th century 'tech'. Just the current Execution that is nonsensical and retaaded. Very Destructive too. Lithium, Cobalt, mining, surface destruction. Already Unsustainable, yet some refards condone going over a hundred fold in on it!?. On the slavery as well as the pollution. Then the Obvious Added Inherent Fire and Death risks. Lithium EV? . . . Get real boomers.

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

There is a Distinction not being made;
LOVE EV's . . . but Lithium and Batteries?, filled with Contrived Restricted Charged Energy, multiple sorts of Slavery made 'Ok'? . . . basically disgusting isn't enough words.
Nothing Against Electric Powered Vehicles, as in themselves, awesome lets go back to the 19th century 'tech'. Just the current Execution that is nonsensical and retaaded. Very Destructive too. Lithium, Cobalt, mining, surface destruction. Already Unsustainable, yet some refards condone going over a hundred fold in on it!?. On the slavery as well as the pollution. Then the Obvious Added Inherent Fire and Death risks. Lithium EV? . . . Get real boomers.

Boomers? I think you mean Millenials and Gen Z. Maybe even Gen X. The thing pictured sure aint no BOOMER!!!!

Pinside_forum_7430442_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7430442_0 (resized).png
#5760 1 year ago
Screenshot_2023-03-26-22-46-21-78_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpgScreenshot_2023-03-26-22-46-21-78_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

You didn’t even answer the question. Are you MORE tired, fatigued, sore, etc from driving those 6-10 hrs than you would be if you were just a passenger? If so then lane keeping assist would help you - as it has me. That was my point. Constantly making steering adjustments for 6-10 hours has an impact. Has nothing to do with age.

No, not in the slightest. He'll I'm more refreshed driving than being the passenger.

#5762 1 year ago

No, not in the slightest. He'll I'm more refreshed driving than being the passenger.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Boomers? I think you mean Millenials and Gen Z. Maybe even Gen X. The thing pictured sure aint no BOOMER!!!!
[quoted image]

Maybe it was just an ironic misuse of language like a Piss-take?. The phoneticists destroying meaning of words that way is the norm these days, isn't it? . . . I was trying to fit in? lol

The other 'Boomers'? . . . with Mouthboxes "Booming" Garbage? . Word fits perfect now, even for Gretle Boombumberg.

#5764 1 year ago
IMG_1116 (resized).jpegIMG_1116 (resized).jpeg
#5765 1 year ago

This was in a Hyundai Ioniq group. I thought it was interesting look from a different viewpoint. What if EV was most common and now people were considering switching to the new gas cars coming out?

When others suggest you switch to an internal-combustion car you may have questions:
Q: I'm thinking of replacing my electric car with a fossil fuel car and have some questions?
1. I have heard that petrol cars cannot refuel at home while you sleep?
How often do you have to refill elsewhere?
Will there be a solution for re-fueling at home?

2. Which parts will I need to service and how often?
The car salesman mentioned oil in the engine and timing belts that need replacing and a box with gears in it.
What is this?
How much will this service oil change cost and how often – and what happens to the old oil.
Also apparently these petrol type cars generally stop on the brakes alone – so the brakes wear out much faster – how long will they last compared to my current car which lasts over 500,000 kilometres

3. In a petrol or diesel car, do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill?

4. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal until it began to accelerate.
Is that normal in petrol cars?

5. We currently pay about $0.02 per kilometre to drive our electric car. I have heard that petrol can cost up to 8 times as much. Is this true?

6. Is it true that petrol is flammable?

7. I understand that the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives? Is there a solution?

8. I have also been told that you have to transport oil all over the world to turn into petrol or diesel, and these ships have in the past damaged the environment by leaking the oil. Is that true?

9. I have heard that cars with internal combustion engines are being banned to enter more and more cities around the world, as it is claimed that they tend to harm the environment and health of their citizens? Is that true?

10. I have been told that these internal combustion engines make a noise when you start them – so early starts can wake people up, and driving a lot of internal combustion engine cars in towns makes towns noisy.

11. Is it true people can steal the fuel from your tank?

12. What is the drop in range in cold weather? I've been told a car that does 45mpg can drop to 37 mpg in winter. Just curious on that one.

13. A friend told me that the exhausts parts wear out. Is that true, and people steal them for the rare material used in them?

14. I was also told that the exhaust gas isn’t good for you, and if you leave the car running in a confined space, like a garage, you will die! Surely that isn’t true is it?

15. Next door neighbor told me these petrol cars carry around 40 to 60 litres of highly flammable liquid which is pumped into a steel cylinder, and it’s then exploded to generate expanding gas to move a piston, and turn linear motion into rotary motion.
Why would anyone want thousands of explosions happening within a few feet of where your sitting?eet of where your sitting.

16. A guy at work told me – he has a petrol car, and it leaks oil. When he parks it – surely that’s not right is it? – leaving dirty marks on the floor and contaminating the environment so directly.
How long before this happens if I change?

17. My daughter told me – if you buy a diesel car – the pump handle smells very bad, and you have to wear special gloves to stop your hand smelling, and if you spill it on your clothes it's terrible.

18. Is it true – the petrol and diesel is so dangerous, that you can only buy the fuel at a special filling station, and not anywhere (hotels/Car parks/Home/Work)?

19. While technology is advancing, will I ever be able to refuel my internal combustion car for free using only the sun ?

20. Would I be better off going straight to horse and cart, and not buying a horseless carriage – they sound pretty awful, burning dinosaur juice and polluting the environment whilst funding conflict and war and consuming raw material at an unbelievably high rate.

#5766 1 year ago

I actually like EV's; since I was a little kid . . . and voted in the poll as such.

Should tell something about the validity of the poll results, or what they Mean at least.

Lithium and Cobalt expansion is disgusting, there is No Poll Option for the real world or a response like that, where it isn't about "EV's" it's about destruction and backwards woke 'progress'... the poll is skewed with bias just like so many 'polls' these days.

We can include more in the thread about cool EV's instead of just s#it ones.

#5767 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I actually like EV's . . . and voted in the poll as such.
Should tell something about the validity of the poll results, or what they Mean at least.
Lithium and Cobalt expansion is disgusting, there is No Poll Option for the real world or a response like that, where it isn't about "EV's" it's about destruction and backwards woke 'progress'... the poll is skewed with bias just like so many 'polls' these days.

You mean how it’s ironic we go from freedom back to chains and serfdom willingly?

#5768 1 year ago

You mean how it’s ironic we go from freedom back to chains and serfdom willingly?

Their devices can be used to initiate termination; if the size and number of s#its produced on any given day does not meet their voluntarily agreed compliance quotas.

#5769 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lithium and Cobalt expansion is disgusting, there is No Poll Option for the real world or a response like that, where it isn't about "EV's" it's about destruction and backwards woke 'progress'

Cobalt yes. But lithium? Lithium isn't bad really. Water is pumped into the ground, it comes back up, and is dried in pools leaving behind the lithium. About the only thing bad is that a lot of water is used. But the evaporated water just comes back down as rain if you recall science class. I'm not sure why people keep saying mining lithium is bad. There's no scientific evidence to support that.

As for the cobalt - many of the major players are requiring their suppliers verify their cobalt was not recovered in any conflict or child labor areas or even doing away with cobalt altogether (better).

The term "woke" is just a rebranding of the "tree hugger" phrase of the 80's - nothing has changed really. Caring for how we treat our environment should never be looked at as a bad thing. But the far left or right people on this need to get a clue. Ignorance of something is never an excuse for doing the wrong thing.

#5770 1 year ago

It is ALREADY the case that the amount of Cobalt can not be supplied without slavery and nature destruction, let alone any Increases.

Litium EV for more than the 'Elite' is a Pipedream. Wake up now.

As for the Hyundai Boomboxing, I'm not even going to bother it's such an echo-chamber/marketing woke-joke. You should probably learn the Detractors definition They use for people identifying as 'WOKE", as they laugh. Maybe some peoples comments Using it might make a bit more sense for you.

#5774 1 year ago

Happens enough it's making the regular news here now, men and women in Services Authorities are Waking Up . . .

. . . more of The People are starting to wake up to the reality of a scam too, thankfully.

#5775 1 year ago

https://www.youtube.com/@unit8200/videos

Also, as this based Aussie points out for you with facts of Why, y'all won't be too fixated with spending $$ on EV's, or pinballs, for too much longer . . . .

That is Legal Facts too by the way, for the ignorant.

IgnoringHelpsNoBeer (resized).pngIgnoringHelpsNoBeer (resized).png

But I guess for any
W ilfuly
O verlooking
K nown
E vidence
they wouldn't comprehend what a "Legal Fact" even means. God help us.

#5776 1 year ago

I don't love or hate EV's and ICE vehicles...

I do however LOVE this thread and how it has managed to wrangle all of the crazy uncles into one place!!

hurrr!!! watch this video you simpletons! I found while doing reseeerchh!! Hurr!!! go woke go broke!! Disney bad! EV's bad. Oil good! Graphene shot 5G activated! Space laser!

#5777 1 year ago

I think someone needs to start an "I hate Cobalt mining" thread

#5778 1 year ago

If you're so worried about L-ion batteries in cars, stay away from cellphones, laptop computers, "Smart" Watches, Most battery powered power tools and the Nintendo Switch!

#5779 1 year ago

Well that brought out all the intelligent comments then Lol

All the proof we needed. Dang, where's that popcorn e-moji . . . I'm going back to laughing at the sidelines for a while. "Tag" someone else is 'it'.

The really sad thing is the lack of morality or care factor. But to be fair, just 'victims' really, right.

#5780 1 year ago

Imagine what the youtube videos were like when they industrialized coal mining...

#5781 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Imagine what the youtube videos were like when they industrialized coal mining...

Are you really that ignorant IRL matey??

You can't change reality by 'believing' it away. Wow lol

#5782 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Well that brought out all the intelligent comments then Lol
All the proof we needed. Dang, where's that popcorn e-moji . . . I'm going back to laughing at the sidelines for a while. "Tag" someone else is 'it'.
The really sad thing is the lack of morality or care factor. But to be fair, just 'victims' really, right.

Well, Intelligent comment to counter a triad of of trolling Youtube stupidity.

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Are you really that ignorant IRL matey??
You can't change reality by 'believing' it away. Wow lol

Industrialization of anything isn't very camera friendly or devoid of impacts

heck, look into Orange Juice production and you can make horror films about that too.

#5784 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5785 1 year ago

That is one High Horse!

#5786 1 year ago

Watch them as they Go . . .

#5788 1 year ago

Yes PooToob is garbage, but pinside only seems to allow embedding of garbage platforms, so there you go Lol

#5789 1 year ago
#5790 1 year ago
IMG_1065.gifIMG_1065.gif
#5791 1 year ago

Major manufacturers like Tesla and Panasonic have already proved batteries can be made without cobalt so no need for that video. Since my comments yesterday were on lithium I watched the lithium video. In the end it asks should we stop mining lithium? And it answers NO.
I took notes on thee video's key points below.

Mining Lithium results in soil degradation & damage to ecosystem.
- mining anything results in this. That includes oil, natural gas, gems, precious metals, salt, etc. Maybe we should stop all mining.

Lithium is a highly toxic element that can harm the environment so it's mining impacts the area.
- all mining affects an area (see above). It's important that it's done properly.

Lithium affects soil composition by removing minerals plants need.
- geothermal brining pulls minerals from hundreds of feet down. I didn't know plants had roots that long.

The area becomes polluted with dust being kicked up from the trucks driving around.
-seriously? perhaps this one is a joke.

The mined water can be released into local streams.
- natural underground springs do the same thing.

Lithium extraction harms the soil and causes air contamination.
- this was already covered above.

Mining takes water away from communities that need it. 500k gallons per ton of lithium.
- this could be true but they give no facts to support it. all industry in an area needs to be governed by local municipalities.

Mining uses a lot of water. Can create water shortages in areas.
- I already agreed with that fact yesterday.

Miners add sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate to precipitate lithium out of the pools
- SC is borax, washing soda. It is safe and used in a lot of industry to include making soap, glass, and paper.
- CC is an antacid. Also your body needs it for strong bones, etc. Both of these are safe.

Lithium requires 95% of the water to evaporate from the pools. This is too much evaporated water.
- where do you think the evaporation goes? Into the clouds and forms rain. Water doesn't just vanish, it never leaves earth.

A common thread among areas mining lithium around the world is a dry hot environment.
- duh. That weather is why they picked that area to mine lithium, not that mining created that area's weather.

Evaporation of brines causes large volumes of waste water that must be treated.
- this is true. once the lithium is removed handling the concentrated leftover is key. But remember these elements came from the ground to begin with and other minerals could be co-mined with lithium.

100 million tons of solid waste are generated by mining in Australia alone.
- that's all mining, not lithium alone.

We need to ensure that mining has safety in mind and disposes of waste properly.
- 100% agree

Battery components need to be recycled.
- recycling is cheaper than mining the ingredients and recovers over 95% of the original materials with no loss of their properties. ev batteries don't end up in landfills - the components are too valuable. if they do they don't stay there long.

Researchers are working on new tech to replace lithium and cobalt. Research is needed to make batteries from safe abundant materials besides cobalt and lithium.
- excellent. I mentioned that yesterday.

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Major manufacturers like Tesla and Panasonic have already proved batteries can be made without cobalt so no need for that video. Since my comments yesterday were on lithium I watched the lithium video. In the end it asks should we stop mining lithium? And it answers NO.
- all mining affects an area (see above). It's important that it's done properly.
- geothermal brining pulls minerals from hundreds of feet down. I didn't know plants had roots that long.
The area becomes polluted with dust being kicked up from the trucks driving around.
Mining takes water away from communities that need it. 500k gallons per ton of lithium.
- this could be true but they give no facts to support it. all industry in an area needs to be governed by local municipalities.
Miners add sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate to precipitate lithium out of the pools
- SC is borax, washing soda. It is safe and used in a lot of industry to include making soap, glass, and paper.
- CC is an antacid. Also your body needs it for strong bones, etc. Both of these are safe.
Lithium requires 95% of the water to evaporate from the pools. This is too much evaporated water.
- where do you think the evaporation goes? Into the clouds and forms rain. Water doesn't just vanish, it never leaves earth.
A common thread among areas mining lithium around the world is a dry hot environment.
- duh. That weather is why they picked that area to mine lithium, not that mining created that area's weather.
- this is true. once the lithium is removed handling the concentrated leftover is key. But remember these elements came from the ground to begin with and other minerals could be co-mined with lithium.
We need to ensure that mining has safety in mind and disposes of waste properly.
- 100% agree
- recycling is cheaper than mining the ingredients and recovers over 95% of the original materials with no loss of their properties. ev batteries don't end up in landfills - the components are too valuable. if they do they don't stay there long.
Researchers are working on new tech to replace lithium and cobalt. Research is needed to make batteries from safe abundant materials besides cobalt and lithium.

Stop using facts in a feelings based thread. -AACU (association of annoyingly crazy uncles)

#5793 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

- 100% agree

So, what you are admitting to is that the mining required to supply batteries to EV vehicles and other electronics is no better for the environment than the extraction of fossil fuels from the earth. Takes me back to the point I've made several times in this thread that if you drive an EV because you like the tech, styling, etc. then more power to you. If you drive an EV because you are self-righteous virtue signaling environmentalist zealot, then that is when you lose credibility and your purposeful ignorance deserves to be challenged.

#5794 1 year ago

Ah yes, the crazy uncle who loves combustion and hates regulations has a sudden interest in the environmental impacts of mining. He's a very serious person...

#5795 1 year ago

So much hate for uncles in this thread, whats the deal????

#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, what you are admitting to is that the mining required to supply batteries to EV vehicles and other electronics is no better for the environment than the extraction of fossil fuels from the earth. Takes me back to the point I've made several times in this thread that if you drive an EV because you like the tech, styling, etc. then more power to you. If you drive an EV because you are self-righteous virtue signaling environmentalist zealot, then that is when you lose credibility and your purposeful ignorance deserves to be challenged.

possibly, but there other factors that make EV's better for the environment

#5797 1 year ago

When do I get my hover car? Surely we can find something better than vulcanized rubber.

#5798 1 year ago

When do I get my hover car? Surely we can find something better than vulcanized rubber.

as soon as we reverse engineer some ufo's - or at least admit we have

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

as soon as we reverse engineer some ufo's - or at least admit we have

They need to hurry up then. I’m tired of nails in tires. Especially on the shoulder where they can’t be repaired.

#5800 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

as soon as we reverse engineer some ufo's

We'd never be able to do it.

Think of giving an Android phone to German scientists in the 1940s.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
There are 10,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/116?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.