IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
Bloody Hell (resized).png
IMG_6441 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.40.13?PM (resized).png
truck  (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 20-43-13 Ohio just voted to legalize recreational marijuana. See a list of every state where cannabis i
IMG_20240304_193126.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 21-55-03 Shell to close 1 000 gas stations globally focus on EV charging (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 17-01-33 A coal billionaire is building the world’s biggest clean energy plant and it’s five times the
f-150-lightning-switchgear-40-65a81a0876c32 (resized).jpg

There are 9,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 198.
#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I prefer to look at things through the lens of a gambler: "I won $1,000 today". Okay, but didn't you lose $2,000 yesterday?

"Sure I lost $1000 my first day on Fanduel, but with their "first day guarantee" they matched my losses, and I had 6 hours to loose it all again!"

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:While you guys are showing off who has the smaller penis, why are you not fighting over China's Denhon new 99.6 percent efficient EV batteries made from Sea Shells?
Will Shell Oil already have worldwide trademarks in place??
Will virtue signaling vegetarians drive a car powered by hundreds of dead Lobsters??
Will people still bitch about Lithium batteries, as they type on a phone powered by Lithium batteries?
If we dump 8 billion tons of waste crab shells into the ocean, isn't that recycling??
If you continue to eat your shrimp tails, are you not doing your part??
[quoted image][quoted image]
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Design-Toscano-15-5-in-H-Colossal-Crustacean-Grand-Scale-Giant-King-Crab-Statue-NE100013/309046794

China will lie about everything.

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Haters will still say that their $400 Tesla stock lost 2/3 of it's value @ $160 in only a year's time, lol

Not a hater - but I still haven't recovered my losses since my last buy in... went from 300% up to still in the red. But I'm long on them...

#5304 1 year ago

I sold some on the way down but had buys and added those shares back at 150, 130, and 110. Basically lowered my average.

#5305 1 year ago

I was up 10x on my original purchase of shares. After adding a larger position at higher prices I’m still up 3x on money I’ve put in.

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While you guys are showing off who has the smaller penis, why are you not fighting over China's Denhon new 99.6 percent efficient EV batteries made from Sea Shells?
Will virtue signaling vegetarians drive a car powered by hundreds of dead Lobsters??
Will people still bitch about Lithium batteries, as they type on a phone powered by Lithium batteries?
If we dump 8 billion tons of waste crab shells into the ocean, isn't that recycling??
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Design-Toscano-15-5-in-H-Colossal-Crustacean-Grand-Scale-Giant-King-Crab-Statue-NE100013/309046794

I'm holding out for the three shells.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 9.05.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-27 at 9.05.34 PM (resized).png

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm holding out for the three shells.
[quoted image]

All restaurants are Taco Bell now.

#5308 1 year ago
#5309 1 year ago

Everyone likes them now.

#5310 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Everyone likes them now.

No, they really don't.

#5311 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

No, they really don't.

How dare you!

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All restaurants are Taco Bell now.

Yeah, but they use cricket powder instead of beef for the filling now.

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, but they use cricket powder instead of beef for the filling now.

Seems like a good idea.

Americans will gobble down bottom feeding bugs like Lobster and Shrimp, but not cute crickets?

#5314 1 year ago

I'd pass on the crickets since us humans can't process chitin.

#5315 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Then you can get the mealworm burrito combo.

#5316 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While you guys are showing off who has the smaller penis, why are you not fighting over China's Denhon new 99.6 percent efficient EV batteries made from Sea Shells?

Ever wondered why the TV makes people so retarded.

#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Ever wondered why the TV makes people so retarded.

#5318 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

What about the parasite ecosystem in them that hu-man can't deal with. Good book tells you not to "eat ze bugz!" Pmsl

#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Seems like a good idea.
Americans will gobble down bottom feeding bugs like Lobster and Shrimp, but not cute crickets?

Crickets don't have the fabulously delicious meat like lobster and shrimp. I'm all for eating bugs though if it makes sense. Not really comparable as far as cuisine goes, comparing to some really good shellfish.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What about the parasite ecosystem in them that hu-man can't deal with. Good book tells you not to "eat ze bugz!" Pmsl

OT but I think it specifically says you CAN eat crickets. If it tastes like Taco Bell, I’m in!

#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

OT but I think it specifically says you CAN eat crickets. If it tastes like Taco Bell, I’m in!

When I eat T Bell I put more sauce than sum total of all other ingredients. If I found out the "beef" was ground insects, it wouldn't bother me.

Back to EV news. Rich Rebuilds likes is Rivian even though he overpaid for it.

#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Good book tells you not to "eat ze bugz!"

Quoted from paynemic:

Remember, he's reading the Australian version.

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Gillian Anderson didn't have a problem with eating one:

#5324 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It also says not to eat hu-mans.

Do you even know what is in a jes-burger? :3

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Remember, he's reading the Australian version.

Yeah only the vatican versions says crickets are okay then, it seems?

#5326 1 year ago

2 EVs take spots in the Top 10 best selling cars in the World for 2022.

Toyota Corolla: 1.12 million (down 2% vs last year)
Toyota RAV4: 870,000 (down 14% versus last year)
Ford F-Series: 787,000 (down 9% versus last year)
Tesla Model Y: 759,000 (up 88% versus last year)
Toyota Camry: 675,000 (down 3% versus last year)
Honda CR-V: 601,000 (down 18% versus last year)
Tesla Model 3: 596,000 (up 4% versus last year)

If the list was sorted by revenue Model Y takes top spot since it averaged a sale price of $55k. Every other car in the top 10 declines.

"But but but people can't afford high priced EVs..."
note: the average price of a new car in November 2022 was almost $49k.

#5327 1 year ago

I suspect if Taco Bellyache was serving crickets and mealworms for protein, then it wouldn't give me the usual DEFCON 1 Rumbly Tumbly.

Also..

#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

2 EVs take spots in the Top 10 best selling cars in the World for 2022.
Toyota Corolla: 1.12 million (down 2% vs last year)
Toyota RAV4: 870,000 (down 14% versus last year)
Ford F-Series: 787,000 (down 9% versus last year)
Tesla Model Y: 759,000 (up 88% versus last year)
Toyota Camry: 675,000 (down 3% versus last year)
Honda CR-V: 601,000 (down 18% versus last year)
Tesla Model 3: 596,000 (up 4% versus last year)
If the list was sorted by revenue Model Y takes top spot since it averaged a sale price of $55k. Every other car in the top 10 declines.
"But but but people can't afford high priced EVs..."
note: the average price of a new car in November 2022 was almost $49k.

I showed this article to my wife and initiated a discussion around EV's again. She started sending me links to 2-year-old videos about battery recycling. I stopped talking. She's not ready to engage in useful discussion about it yet.

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I showed this article to my wife and initiated a discussion around EV's again. She started sending me links to 2-year-old video about battery recycling. I stopped talking. She's not ready to engage in useful discussion about it yet.

Put her in touch with razorsedge, he'll turn her around in no time.

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I suspect if Taco Bellyache was serving crickets and mealworms for protein, then it wouldn't give me the usual DEFCON 1 Rumbly Tumbly.
Also..

The funniest part of this 8:57 video is that Bill is on camera 8:54 and his guest, the girl showing cleavage, is on for 3 one second clips. But what do they use for the thumbnail? Cleavage

#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

The funniest part of this 8:57 video is that Bill is on camera 8:54 and his guest, the girl showing cleavage, is on for 3 one second clips. But what do they use for the thumbnail? Cleavage

Sure, but to be fair, Bill's cleavage sucks.

#5333 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Also..

Bill is not wrong. I've had the opportunity to fly on private jets several times in my career, and there is nothing quite like the experience. You fly higher, faster, in luxury, and without any waiting or security. We would literally pull up to the gate 10 minutes before the flight, valet the car fifty feet from the plane, and the pampering was just getting started even though I was just a guest of the jet owner. As Bill stated, I'm in the group that if I could afford it then I would, and I seriously doubt that the vast majority of others would think/feel any differently.

I know jets can vary in price and operating costs, but about 6-8 years ago when I did all of my flying apart from the cost of the plane itself, the hourly operational rate for a two pilot flight on a Falcon 2000 with attendant was $10,000 - $12,000 per hour (I saw the invoices).

#5335 1 year ago

So a car started on fire. Why is this worth posting here?

because an ICE car never caught fire ! "sic"

#5336 1 year ago

So a car started on fire. Why is this worth posting here?

Because it's something that has happened to several Teslas.

#5337 1 year ago

Because it's something that has happened to several Teslas.

And?

Do you know how many ICE fires there are every year? Again, why is this pertinent?

#5338 1 year ago

And?
Do you know how many ICE fires there are every year? Again, why is this pertinent?

Do you know how many MORE Ice cars there are than Teslas? Plus 6000 gallons of water to put the Tesla Fire out?

How about ANOTHER Model S fire:
https://www.newser.com/story/322057/tesla-spontaneously-caught-fire-kept-igniting.html#:~:text=A%20Tesla%20Model%20S%20had%20been%20sitting%20in,melted%20and%20burned%20metal%2C%22%20per%20the%20Washington%20Post.

How about the investigations?

Note that this is about Model S and X.

#5339 1 year ago

Do you know how many MORE Ice cars there are than Teslas? Plus 6000 gallons of water to put the Tesla Fire out?
https://www.newser.com/story/322057/tesla-spontaneously-caught-fire-kept-igniting.html#:~:text=A%20Tesla%20Model%20S%20had%20been%20sitting%20in,melted%20and%20burned%20metal%2C%22%20per%20the%20Washington%20Post.

Page 10 of this thread called, they are tired and want to go back to sleeping under the dead horse.

#5340 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Also..

If they only did that to replace the meat, you may still get stomach problems from the 61% fillers that are in the "Meat" in a Taco Bell Taco.

"Taco Bell: Home of the 39% taco!"

#5341 1 year ago

So EV lovers also are advocates for replacing meat with crickets. This thread keeps getting better!

What’s next? The 15 minute cities and social credits to move amongst districts?

#5342 1 year ago

Here's another! https://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic/hyundai-fire-servicing-sonata-1.6723164

The horror! Oh wait, that was a crappy ICE car. Well same diff.

#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The 15 minute cities and social credits to move amongst districts?

Haven't heard of this one but it sounds promising. What's the elevator pitch?

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Here's another! https://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic/hyundai-fire-servicing-sonata-1.6723164
The horror! Oh wait, that was a crappy ICE car. Well same diff.

Except Percentage wise, how many Hyundai's have caught fire compared too Tesla Model S and X? And your" example was 15 minutes after a dealer serviced a vehicle.

There's a history of Crappy Tesla Model S cars going up in flames spontaneously. Deny it all you want, those models have problems.

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Haven't heard of this one but it sounds promising. What's the elevator pitch?

It’s coming

#5346 1 year ago

Over 500 ICE cars catch fire EVERY DAY in America

Stop and think about that.

#5347 1 year ago

There's a history of Crappy Tesla Model S cars going up in flames spontaneously.

I tend to agree with this. Almost all of the Tesla fire articles I’ve seen cite they are 2013-14 Model S. Those older 18650 cells and the way those packs back then were built aren’t as good as the Model Y & 3’s 2170 cells. I’ve only seen a couple of 3 & Y fires - and those haven’t been runaway events. Those older S’s have issues if the pack is punctured. My guess is this latest one ran over an object that punctured the pack - not an easy feat but like an alternator or large metal object could do it.
And newer S and X were made much better, surrounded with flame retardant, better protection, and now are using the 2170’s too. Luckily the overwhelming majority of Teslas on the road wouldn’t have this problem or at least handle it much better. I wouldn’t have a problem buying any used Tesla made after say 2016.

Edit: look at the pictures… the whole front of the car is burned but the HV batteries are basically under the car between the front and rear wheels - mostly behind where the fire was. This seems to imply the front of the pack was compromised. Possibly by running over something. I hope they do a follow up investigation.

#5348 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:Over 500 ICE cars catch fire EVERY DAY in America
Stop and think about that.

Yeah, but those ICE cars are being burned for insurance money to buy new Tesla’s…that burn themselves.
Some people just like flames.

#5349 1 year ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Yeah, but those ICE cars are being burned for insurance money to buy new Tesla’s…that burn themselves.
Some people just like flames.

Lol Gotta Love Clown World!!

What about the Model X in 'Self Drive' mode that spent 20 minutes bashing backwards and forward at a school fence, seemingly trying to attack the kids on the other side. Luckily slippery turf near the fence prevented enough traction for a breakthrough of the school fence.

I'm totally convinced it was not being controlled/hacked by some santanic entity. Of course that is impossible, as always.

Astounding how people could 'feel safe' in such backwards technological abominations. Who needs a gun to do an assault when you have a 'self driving' car on the hack cloud, right. Lol

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s coming

They are like deer in the headlights . . . . . SMACK!

It's gonna hurt.

There are 9,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 198.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.