IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
Bloody Hell (resized).png
IMG_6441 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.40.13?PM (resized).png
truck  (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 20-43-13 Ohio just voted to legalize recreational marijuana. See a list of every state where cannabis i
IMG_20240304_193126.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 21-55-03 Shell to close 1 000 gas stations globally focus on EV charging (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 17-01-33 A coal billionaire is building the world’s biggest clean energy plant and it’s five times the
f-150-lightning-switchgear-40-65a81a0876c32 (resized).jpg

There are 9,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 198.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A camary xle v6 is $40k MSRP with only modest options
A honda accord ex v6 is basically 31k MSRP
A Tesla Model 3 moderately optioned is about 50k MSRP - 7500 incentive
So less than 10% difference than the camary... a minivan is 45k+
The gap isn't that big when people are actually shopping new cars.

A 40k Camry? Sheesh. That’s crazy. Just get an LE for about 27k.

That’s what I would do anyway. But since I bought a 2004 Camry LE and it still looks and runs great after 19 years with 145,000 miles, I still have a long way to go before I need to buy.

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That’s just a small part of the equation, you’re not going on to a lot and finding a 3-5 yr old Tesla for $20k. Also what’s the current wait time on a new Tesla? Americans are an impatient bunch

I guess that's why I said "The gap isn't that big when people are actually shopping new cars."

you know.. actually shopping NEW cars.

Some people will just not buy used. And enough people seem to buy new that it's still a thing to make them and sell them as new

Tesla wait used to be a big story, but pretty much most car companies caught up to them But for giggles I put in Model 3 with less than 5k miles into Tesla Inventory and found 25 in my area... that number jumps to about 100 if I include the neighboring states where inventory is commonly pulled from.

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I guess that's why I said "The gap isn't that big when people are actually shopping new cars."
you know.. actually shopping NEW cars.
Some people will just not buy used. And enough people seem to buy new that it's still a thing to make them and sell them as new
Tesla wait used to be a big story, but pretty much most car companies caught up to them But for giggles I put in Model 3 with less than 5k miles into Tesla Inventory and found 25 in my area... that number jumps to about 100 if I include the neighboring states where inventory is commonly pulled from.

That’s why I said it’s only part of the equation, used cars are still a massive percentage of what’s being bought, you know....the real world.

#5254 1 year ago

The average new EV is $65k, that is not affordable to the average American

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from DCP:

Actually, fusion does not create electricity. Neither does coal, natural gas, or nuclear fission. They all create heat, which is then used to boil water and make steam, which spins turbines that generate the electricity.
So, anything that uses electricity from a power generating station is actually steam powered!
The Steam Era has not ended yet.

Of course you are correct here. I was just saying that the transfer of energy from fusion goes through electricity. Not thin air. And I’m very sure it doesn’t create gasoline.

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I consider myself to be an average American. My wife and I both make around $60-65K per year. My last USED vehicle purchase was $52K. It's certainly affordable. Not everyone's budget is set up the same way.

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Averages are funny cause it's just that. We have a bunch of affordable EV options in the 30k range.

We just picked up our Mini Cooper EV which was 35

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Averages are funny cause it's just that. We have a bunch of affordable EV options in the 30k range.
We just picked up our Mini Cooper EV which was 35

Sure. You can find an ICE for $5k. ICE are currently more affordable is the point. And until EVs are equal or less they won’t be “mainstream”.

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I consider myself to be an average American. My wife and I both make around $60-65K per year. My last USED vehicle purchase was $52K. It's certainly affordable. Not everyone's budget is set up the same way.

Your household income is way above the average household income, FYI.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Especially after getting kicked in the nuts with higher interest rates and inflation. People are getting their vehicles fixed as car lots are starting to fill up. Should be some good deals down the road.

#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Then why are Truck sales basically the same percentage as cars in the US?

Have you looked at truck prices?

Besides an average of EVs based on what? Available models? Sold cars?

If you are taking it from KBB.. it's important to note they also say:
"At any rate, KBB says the average EV transaction price in November 2022 was $65,041, which is almost exactly on par with the average luxury car transaction price. This makes much sense since many EVs are luxury cars, and even those that aren't are still priced like luxury vehicles."

Average Sales isn't really a point of 'affordable' it's a measure of what people are choosing to spend.

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sure. You can find an ICE for $5k. ICE are currently more affordable is the point. And until EVs are equal or less they won’t be “mainstream”.

Yet... trucks... SUVs... luxury cars.. all mainstream without being equal or cheaper than avg cars.

Funny how this works isn't it?

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yet... trucks... SUVs... luxury cars.. all mainstream without being equal or cheaper than avg cars.
Funny how this works isn't it?

Which is currently more affordable ICE or EV?

I know it’ll be difficult for you, but just a one word answer to this question.

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nope… 3 page field summary explaining how affordable is a relative term, ICEs are the worst thing ever invented and how one word answers are childish with oddly placed smiley faces coming up

#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Define 'more affordable'?

If you mean lowest available sales price? Obviously ICE - there are more options and a more mature market.

But that's not the stat you used and your logic that proceed it also countered your own point.

But if you are shopping for an affordable new car today... you're not comparing 5k to 65k (both numbers you put forth). You gotta accept that the typical car people are shopping for is actually much more expensive. I posted the prices of two of the most popular mid-sized sedans in the country... they aren't 23k anymore!

#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Define 'more affordable'?
If you mean lowest available sales price? Obviously ICE - there are more options and a more mature market.
But that's not the stat you used and your logic that proceed it also countered your own point.
But if you are shopping for an affordable new car today... you're not comparing 5k to 65k (both numbers you put forth). You gotta accept that the typical car people are shopping for is actually much more expensive. I posted the prices of two of the most popular mid-sized sedans in the country... they aren't 23k anymore!

Being able to leave my house right now and having over 1000 options under 20k within 20 miles and driving home in something tonight, until you can do that with EVs they won’t be mainstream has been my whole point.

The pricing is out of reach for the average American, that might not be the case in the future but it is now.

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Being able to leave my house right now and having over 1000 options under 20k within 20 miles and driving home in something tonight, until you can do that with EVs they won’t be mainstream has been my whole point.

A criteria that doesn't actually work for over 75% of the new vehicles sold in this country -- So I think it's time to accept your criteria for defining 'mainstream' is garbage.

If you want to hang your hat on used car prices.. then stick to that argument.

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A criteria that doesn't actually work for over 75% of the new vehicles sold in this country -- So I think it's time to accept your criteria for defining 'mainstream' is garbage.

Are more new or used cars sold every year?

#5269 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I just said affordability, you’re the one who brought in the new car BS. It’s laughable that you could honestly say that an EV is more affordable than an ice. They’re not and it’s not particularly close, when you factor in used car prices, which by the way is still how the majority of cars are bought.

#5270 1 year ago

Definitely used ice cars are cheaper than used ev now. And probably will be for a while. When you can by a beater $5k ev in ten years, we can revisit this comparison. That in no way validates the “we aren’t ready!!!” classic boomer argument agains EVs

#5271 1 year ago

Gas is $0.15 per mile, EV is $0.03 per mile. Over 100,000 miles that’s $12,000. Not to mention other engine belts, hoses, brakes, trans flush, etc maintenance savings. It’s very probable that you’ll save $15k per 100k miles driven in an EV. I’m on pace for this actually. What happens when you drive it for 200k miles? That’s a considerable amount of money. Total cost of ownership should be considered. A $30k EV would be the same (or cheaper) than a FREE gas car.

Most consumers would buy a home water filter that is $3k vs one that is $5k. However if the replacement filters are more expensive for the cheaper one and you use it for 10 years you could actually end up paying double or more for the cheaper one. This concept escapes most unfortunately as they just focus on the upfront cost.

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Wanna toy worship, enjoy a good circle jerk, waste money, hurt the poor and lead to the same tired outcome?

I mean, we are on a pinball website …

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Definitely used ice cars are cheaper than used ev now. And probably will be for a while. When you can by a beater $5k ev in ten years, we can revisit this comparison. That in no way validates the “we aren’t ready!!!” classic boomer argument agains EVs

6A5ECD6E-C37F-455E-BD35-57C7C21F0FA1 (resized).jpeg6A5ECD6E-C37F-455E-BD35-57C7C21F0FA1 (resized).jpeg
#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

If you look at the used EV market in say, Norway or other European countries there are a plethora of older used EVs available at low costs. Just takes time.

#5275 1 year ago

With probably 50m range left

Old leafs - bad

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

With probably 50m range left
Old leafs - bad

Not necessarily. I commute 9 miles to work every day. Not everyone needs long-range available in their daily commuter. We can keep an ICE truck around for the hauling & long trips. What we really need is a sub $30K EV with about 200 miles range. The selection is growing, just need to be a bit more patient for the Detroit 3 to get into mass production.

I'm eyeing the BOLT EUV right now, but I'm still waiting to see what else comes up in next few years.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

If you look at the used EV market in say, Norway or other European countries there are a plethora of older used EVs available at low costs. Just takes time.

Note that the ad says " $3033 below market". Why such a big markdown?

#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That logic makes no sense, just because you can get a ICE for cheap, it has no bearing at all on people spending 50k+ on more expensive ICE cars all the time. Best friend works at Mercedes, their customer base has no problem gobbling up expensive cars.

Theres always going to be folks who can't afford it for now, but this is absolutely no different from any emergent technologies. Heck when VCR's and VHS were starting out, those were rich people only tech. Cell phones, DVD players, etc. But over time it improves, prices come down, adoption rates increase.

This is still new but growing rapidly, as are the options available to consumer keeps growing.

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That logic makes no sense, just because you can get a ICE for cheap, it has no bearing at all on people spending 50k+ on more expensive ICE cars all the time. Best friend works at Mercedes, their customer base has no problem gobbling up expensive cars.

Makes all the sense in the world. Not everyone can afford a brand new ICE car, so used ICE is the way to go until EV's become cheap and plentiful.
I'm retired and on a fixed income, think I can afford a 50K car? Lots of people in the same boat.

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Makes all the sense in the world. Not everyone can afford a brand new ICE car, so used ICE is the way to go until EV's become cheap and plentiful.
I'm retired and on a fixed income, think I can afford a 50K car? Lots of people in the same boat.

Being retired and on a fixed income does not mean you cannot afford a $50K car. One does not beget the other.

#5281 1 year ago

Nothing can stop what is coming Lol

#5282 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I saw this earlier and almost posted it. But it’s 15 minutes. No person in this thread pro EV can’t sit through more than 15 seconds of any video talking about studies showing how EVs are an environmental saving facade.

“But 0-60 in (fart noise fart noise fart noise)”

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I mean, we are on a pinball website …

Producing and selling Pinball machines to Everybody wouldn't destroy the planet and man-kind in the same way it would by trying that with Lithium based car batteries for Everyone, really do we care that little about people and environment? . Ignoring. Discounting reality. "Yay lets all follow complete contrived anal-ysis nonsense for an agenda of destruction! Yay!"

Woke extremist haters gotta wake up from their wet dream at some point. Reality bites and when it does for them it's going to be crazy to watch the programmed heads implode. Batton down the hatches!!

W9pcGFJdSMxFbm77S4SX_21_1dd256b97beadc6d96e2c15d127d1f2f_image (resized).jpgW9pcGFJdSMxFbm77S4SX_21_1dd256b97beadc6d96e2c15d127d1f2f_image (resized).jpg

#5284 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I saw this earlier and almost posted it. But it’s 15 minutes. No person in this thread pro EV can’t sit through more than 15 seconds of any video talking about studies showing how EVs are an environmental saving facade.
“But 0-60 in (fart noise fart noise fart noise)”

Lol absolutely.

It's an inversion of everything, just like most of the crap they pull.

Wait till mass peeps realise Lithium EV (and lots of other stuff) is a trojan horse for worse, intentional destruction of systems and supply chains, the whole worldwide unilateral-green-scam-deal is just that. Lucky the Whole World doesn't have the mythical exploding contrived inflation, right!? Lol

Which state there have they started eliminating EV policy? . Emergency services were removing a crashed EV and a guardrail post or something pierced a 'Cell' let to thermal runaway, use ALL the water they had and let it burn (pump out toxic) till it was ground level and out.

Yeah, EV Great idea!. Nope now people waking the F up it be going away from batteries going forward, on to things that make sense instead of creating nothing but added danger and environmental destruction.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol absolutely.
It's an inversion of everything, just like most of the crap they pull.
Wait till mass peeps realise Lithium EV (and lots of other stuff) is a trojan horse for worse, intentional destruction of systems and supply chains, the whole worldwide unilateral-green-scam-deal is just that. Lucky the Whole World doesn't have the mythical exploding contrived inflation, right!? Lol

Keep up the good fight.
The EV Hate Thread. Home to 3 haters and about 27 sheep.

#5286 1 year ago

Biggest issue I have is with the virtue signalling owners. Don't buy an ev figuring you're doing something for the planet. Once the production of the frame and the use of fossil fuels to produce the power to operate these units is figured in, the CO2 savings are negligible.

#5287 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Biggest issue I have is with the virtue signalling owners. Don't buy an ev figuring you're doing something for the planet. Once the production of the frame and the use of fossil fuels to produce the power to operate these units is figured in, the CO2 savings are negligible.

But the Cost to The Consumer WILL MULTIPLY many fold. That's always been the whole idea with everything. So many see nothing but short term Fluff.

Don't kid yourselves. Give away all your freedoms (travel ability) to an obvious (to many) trojan horse, don't expect to go whinging lateron and hope for mass sympathy..

This is all just history repeating, with different details . . . and a different ending. (:

#5288 1 year ago

Wait until Americans can't get enough lithium for their daily doses.

Yearly shooting deaths will double to 90,000....

...we are not ready.

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Quoted from razorsedge:

Producing and selling Pinball machines to Everybody wouldn't destroy the planet and man-kind in the same way it would by trying that with Lithium based car batteries for Everyone, really do we care that little about people and environment? . Ignoring. Discounting reality. "Yay lets all follow complete contrived anal-ysis nonsense for an agenda of destruction! Yay!"
Woke extremist haters gotta wake up from their wet dream at some point. Reality bites and when it does for them it's going to be crazy to watch the programmed heads implode. Batton down the hatches!!
[quoted image]

Quoted from razorsedge:

But the Cost to The Consumer WILL MULTIPLY many fold. That's always been the whole idea with everything. So many see nothing but short term Fluff.
Don't kid yourselves. Give away all your freedoms (travel ability) to an obvious (to many) trojan horse, don't expect to go whinging lateron and hope for mass sympathy..
This is all just history repeating, with different details . . . and a different ending. (:

Dude. Wow. Chill. You read too much internet. You have a serious problem. I’m sad for your brain.

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Dude. Wow. Chill. You read too much internet. You have a serious problem. I’m sad for your brain.

Are you a doctor? What serious problem does he have?

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think he was being sarcastic.

#5292 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Are you a doctor? What serious problem does he have?

Dentist, actually. I know crazy when I hear it

#5293 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You chill out. I don't waste my time coming to this place too often anymore. I'll make it worthwhile when I do. Must say the projection is strong in these sorts of places.

Thanks bro! . Carry on! Lol (:

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Typical. Can’t argue the points so attacks the person posting the points.
Next he’ll brag about blocking you

#5295 1 year ago

Elon haters not gonna like this news.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5296 1 year ago

While you guys are showing off who has the smaller penis, why are you not fighting over China's Denhon new 99.6 percent efficient EV batteries made from Sea Shells?

Will Shell Oil already have worldwide trademarks in place??

Will virtue signaling vegetarians drive a car powered by hundreds of dead Lobsters??

Will people still bitch about Lithium batteries, as they type on a phone powered by Lithium batteries?

If we dump 8 billion tons of waste crab shells into the ocean, isn't that recycling??

If you continue to eat your shrimp tails, are you not doing your part??

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 10-07-53 Batteries Made From Crab Shells Could Power Your Future Car (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-27 at 10-07-53 Batteries Made From Crab Shells Could Power Your Future Car (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-27 at 10-27-30 Home Depot’s $1.5K giant crab statue dazzles shoppers ‘Angels sang on high’ (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-27 at 10-27-30 Home Depot’s $1.5K giant crab statue dazzles shoppers ‘Angels sang on high’ (resized).png

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Design-Toscano-15-5-in-H-Colossal-Crustacean-Grand-Scale-Giant-King-Crab-Statue-NE100013/309046794

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

While you guys are showing off who has the smaller penis, why are you not fighting over China's Denhon new 99.6 percent efficient EV batteries made from Sea Shells?
Will Shell Oil already have worldwide trademarks in place??
Will virtue signaling vegetarians drive a car powered by hundreds of dead Lobsters??
Will people still bitch about Lithium batteries, as they type on a phone powered by Lithium batteries?
If we dump 8 billion tons of waste crab shells into the ocean, isn't that recycling??
If you continue to eat your shrimp tails, are you not doing your part??
[quoted image][quoted image]
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Design-Toscano-15-5-in-H-Colossal-Crustacean-Grand-Scale-Giant-King-Crab-Statue-NE100013/309046794

How about a little "Surf & Turf"?

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Elon haters not gonna like this news.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Haters will still say that their $400 Tesla stock lost 2/3 of it's value @ $160 in only a year's time, lol

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Haters will still say that their $400 Tesla stock lost 2/3 of it's value @ $160 in only a year's time, lol

I prefer to look at things through the lens of a gambler: "I won $1,000 today". Okay, but didn't you lose $2,000 yesterday?

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

How about a little surf & turf?

The US is still #4 in beef production, so that's something.

In a decade we'll all be crying about how much we miss the smell of gasoline.

"It's hard to describe, kids. It was sharp, but had a sweet finish on exhale....."

There are 9,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 198.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-hate-evs-thread/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.