(Topic ID: 330203)

The "I can't believe they still haven't made this pin" thread

By Trond

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F36B36D-2D65-43C3-85C2-65C37F4D6230-520-000005973525CAE3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    f2f53e8e361defac (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.13.56 AM (resized).png
    Waluigi Pinball track layout (resized).png
    RiddleOfSteel (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 1 year ago

Gold Wings was Top Gun but the deal for the license fell through.

Matrix

5th Element

Van Halen

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Doesn’t count to me.

I find backstories to certain titles interesting.

Data East was working on a 'Universal Studios Theme Park' game which got turned into Hook.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Again, Pink Floyd music does not go well with pinball. Would be a total snooze fest

I agree with you generally, aside from this one off the top of my head.

Shorten the intro and it would be great for a multiball mode.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm felling a bit of Deja Vu with this thread.

The subject does come up periodically.

A glitch in the Matrix no doubt.
    black_cat (resized).pngblack_cat (resized).png

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobradvs:

Kong, absolutely.

Tough call, I don't think it's popular enough though.

Clearly Data East was exploring the option and fielded 9 prototypes in 1990 and it failed to launch.

I'm sure there is richer themes to be mined currently.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobradvs:

I'd say Kong is far more popular now than in 1990. With the recent Monsterverse movies, I'd say there's some popularity. In 1990 the latest Kong movie would have been King Kong Lives and...well the less the said the better about that one. But for me it's just a selfish decision. I love the theme, don't care about others

I try to be even handed, there are more that a few themes I'd like to see but doubt they would be financially feasible due licensing or market share. Maybe Kong would be, I don't know the "monster segment" well enough aside from clearly Godzilla seems to be doing well. Godzilla has always had a certain level of popularity and steady stream of movies to support the franchise.

5th Element? Just such a rich & hilarious movie to work with that would make an utterly bonkers pin but I doubt that would ever see the light of day. It may actually push me off my butt, once I'm doing some playfield restorations I'll move into homebrews.

The window for Matrix is probably closed but who knows. The best time for one would have been after the 1st movie or to support the 4th.

Such is life.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I can't believe they have not made a good Star Wars.

Ahem.

The number one selling Data East pin and I think the only Data East title to have a ROM update from Stern Pinball.

11da34379b9c93d6e8168106fae637ee111b4b00 (resized).jpg11da34379b9c93d6e8168106fae637ee111b4b00 (resized).jpg
    #70 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

...and if it wasn't Star Wars it would be just awful. More proof that it sold only because of theme.

Nah, if it was truly awful it would be out the door like dozens of other pins I have booted out over the years. I'll not be foolish and say it's "bolted down" but it does have legs for a long term line up period, even popped for color display last year which makes it pop even more.

Still have not "beaten it" unlike more lauded titles. Railing the Death Star during multiball for jackpot never gets old.

My only beef is it has no shaker and the playfield art is somewhat meh in my opinion.
    pinside.0fe5a4236915acefa342987724c3c2a088f90142.gifpinside.0fe5a4236915acefa342987724c3c2a088f90142.gif

#71 1 year ago

Another one I'd like to see: Mad Max/Road Warrior.

Never happen though.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Maybe they might theme for new film that's coming out 2024 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furiosa_(film)

The new franchise does not exist here.

Mel is Max.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Motordome is a knock off of Thunderdome. Tina’s even in it
    I want to see an Airport (not Airplane) theme, personally. Why Harry Potter hasn’t been done is beyond me. Would have been better to do it closer to the end of movie releases.

Rowling wanted nothing to do with a pinball game. Pretty sure that came up in an interview she refused to license it out for that purpose or wanted far too much.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Ones Stern probably should have made in the last 10 years
    Fast and the Furious
    Breaking Bad
    Mission Impossible
    Modern LCD Super Mario

At least 2 or 3 of those franchise are still in business so who knows.

Breaking Bad would be a non-starter I bet just because of the subject matter. They did make Sopranos though but that isn't specifically drug related.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

The reboot directed by George Miller is one of the best action movies in the last 20 years.
    It’s ok to be a fan of them both.

Dont care, it was a bait and switch. If they wanted to make a Furiosia movie they should have titled it as such.

Instead it was "Mad Max Fury Road" and Max is hardly in it.

Hard, hard pass.

#90 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mad-max-savage-homebrew

There is only one Max.

0beb2273dccd87797e16debd4e922fef570ad088 (resized).jpg0beb2273dccd87797e16debd4e922fef570ad088 (resized).jpg1f5f4cf6c1899eec3592f80a738ef991a6776e8e (resized).jpg1f5f4cf6c1899eec3592f80a738ef991a6776e8e (resized).jpg206be47e4011ed7b7772bec4e0b0ad522e60e7fa (resized).jpg206be47e4011ed7b7772bec4e0b0ad522e60e7fa (resized).jpg
    #94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Minnpin65:

That’s sweet! Based off a Getaway High Speed?

Yes, make sure you visit the guys build thread, the level of detail is awesome.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Minnpin65:

That’s sweet! Based off a Getaway High Speed?

Yes.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

I am not a huge fan of the guy but with all of the movies he has made, have any of them ever been turned into a pin?

Gold Wings was close, deal fell through.

1 week later
    #130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

* Wednesday (Must have Music from the Cramps, and Lady Gaga... Dance with your hands multiball maybe?)
    * Pink Floyd (I don't want to hear about their music being too slow for pinball, because I could say the same about Rush)
    * Foo Fighters
    * Deadmau5 (EDM music is already in Deadpool, Tron, and TNA so we know people are cool with it)
    * Daft Punk (we kind of already have this with Tron, but let's make it official)
    * Phineas and Ferb (Fun for all ages, very well liked, a Dr. Doofenshmirtz-inator seems like a no-brainer for a playfield toy "And now Perry The Platypus! Behold my MULTIBALL-INATOR!", and Mom! Mom! Mom! Multiball where you have to soot the lit shots before they disappear).
    * The 80's/MTV

As someone who grew up with Pink Floyd (even watching The Wall in theater) and no great fan of Rush, Rush's music is far more suited for pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-can-t-believe-they-still-haven-t-made-this-pin-thread?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.