(Topic ID: 330203)

The "I can't believe they still haven't made this pin" thread

By Trond

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F36B36D-2D65-43C3-85C2-65C37F4D6230-520-000005973525CAE3.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    f2f53e8e361defac (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.13.56 AM (resized).png
    Waluigi Pinball track layout (resized).png
    RiddleOfSteel (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Tough call, I don't think it's popular enough though.
    Clearly Data East was exploring the option and fielded 9 prototypes in 1990 and it failed to launch.
    I'm sure there is richer themes to be mined currently.

Imagine Kong done similar to Godzilla with classic battle clips of Kong defeating his opponents? This could do well with young and older audience

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Firefly / Serenity

20220327_191746 (resized).jpg20220327_191746 (resized).jpg
    #53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Again, Pink Floyd music does not go well with pinball. Would be a total snooze fest

I call bullshit - plenty of tunes in their catalog that would work very well for pinball. But To each their own - I could easily pick 15+ tunes that would fit well. It would be the ultimate stoner pin!

#54 1 year ago

Xena: Warrior Princess.

You could make a collab with Kevin Sorbo's Hercules for the best-selling pin of all time! That would probably be the LE version.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobradvs:

I'd say Kong is far more popular now than in 1990. With the recent Monsterverse movies, I'd say there's some popularity. In 1990 the latest Kong movie would have been King Kong Lives and...well the less the said the better about that one. But for me it's just a selfish decision. I love the theme, don't care about others

I try to be even handed, there are more that a few themes I'd like to see but doubt they would be financially feasible due licensing or market share. Maybe Kong would be, I don't know the "monster segment" well enough aside from clearly Godzilla seems to be doing well. Godzilla has always had a certain level of popularity and steady stream of movies to support the franchise.

5th Element? Just such a rich & hilarious movie to work with that would make an utterly bonkers pin but I doubt that would ever see the light of day. It may actually push me off my butt, once I'm doing some playfield restorations I'll move into homebrews.

The window for Matrix is probably closed but who knows. The best time for one would have been after the 1st movie or to support the 4th.

Such is life.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I call bullshit - plenty of tunes in their catalog that would work very well for pinball.

Name 12 Pink Floyd songs than won’t put a player to sleep on a machine? Yawn. Stern could do better I think.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Name 12 Pink Floyd songs than won’t put a player to sleep on a machine? Yawn. Stern could do better I think.

We all have different tastes, but here ya go:
    Run like hell
    Any colour you like
    Obscured by clouds/ when your’e in
    The Nile song
    Have a cigar
    One of these days
    Welcome to the machine (slow I know but pun intended - good fit)
    Shine on (suite edit)
    Dogs of war
    Free four
    What do you want from me?
    Time
    Brain damage/eclipse
    Arnold layne
    Fearless
    Echoes (Pompeii live edit)
    A saucerful of secrets (Pompeii pandemonium live edit)
    Astronomy Domine’
    Matilda mother
    Hey you
    Comfortably numb
    Learning to fly
    One slip
    Money
    On the run
    Let there be more light
    See Emily play

Potential for Outstanding artwork, lighting, and theming given their vast catalog of work. It would sell if done right. HUGE fanbase - and many with spending cash these days.

But I know it won’t happen given PF mgt and the current David/Roger relationship. Pink Floyd 1987 Ltd would be the best shot.

Safe to say I’m biased haha

#58 1 year ago

John Wick

Goonies

#59 1 year ago

I can't believe they have not made a good Star Wars. I don't need anyone to tell me any of the ones made are good. They are only liked because they are Star Wars. Good lay outs and rules can make any game good. Just look at Iron Maiden. I have more people say they hate the theme, but still consider it one of the best made.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Just look at Iron Maiden. I have more people say they hate the theme, but still consider it one of the best made.

How can anyone hate Iron Maiden!?!? Eddy is a perfect mascot for metal and pinball.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mothers_freak:

The warriors (1979 movie)
    He-man
    Black sabbath
    The Conjuring

Sabb and Warriors… shut up and take my money

#62 1 year ago

Would of been fun to see a Roadhouse pin made back in the day

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I can't believe they have not made a good Star Wars.

Ahem.

The number one selling Data East pin and I think the only Data East title to have a ROM update from Stern Pinball.

11da34379b9c93d6e8168106fae637ee111b4b00 (resized).jpg11da34379b9c93d6e8168106fae637ee111b4b00 (resized).jpg
    #64 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

How can anyone hate Iron Maiden!?!? Eddy is a perfect mascot for metal and pinball.

I'm very lukewarm on Iron Maiden as a band but love how they integrated everything into a pinball machine. Now if I could just find an affordable one near me

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bohm:

I'm very lukewarm on Iron Maiden as a band but love how they integrated everything into a pinball machine. Now if I could just find an affordable one near me

Same here - their music isn’t my favorite, but it’s not bad and I can get into it - it’s a great game. Just put money down on a premium for the next run this year. Love my rock pins

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Ahem.
    The number one selling Data East pin and I think the only Data East title to have a ROM update from Stern Pinball.[quoted image]

...and if it wasn't Star Wars it would be just awful. More proof that it sold only because of theme. Lethal Weapon was a top earning pinball on route for a few months because it was a huge movie franchise at the time. Earnings wise it crushed Bally/Wms in 92.

#67 1 year ago

Ah, doesn't take long before another 'wish list' thread pops up. Wish hard enough, and it may happen.

#68 1 year ago

Mad Max!!

#69 1 year ago

This is the right answer. So much you could do with it

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

...and if it wasn't Star Wars it would be just awful. More proof that it sold only because of theme.

Nah, if it was truly awful it would be out the door like dozens of other pins I have booted out over the years. I'll not be foolish and say it's "bolted down" but it does have legs for a long term line up period, even popped for color display last year which makes it pop even more.

Still have not "beaten it" unlike more lauded titles. Railing the Death Star during multiball for jackpot never gets old.

My only beef is it has no shaker and the playfield art is somewhat meh in my opinion.
    pinside.0fe5a4236915acefa342987724c3c2a088f90142.gifpinside.0fe5a4236915acefa342987724c3c2a088f90142.gif

#71 1 year ago

Another one I'd like to see: Mad Max/Road Warrior.

Never happen though.

#72 1 year ago

Maybe they might theme for new film that's coming out 2024 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furiosa_(film)
    Personally I'd like to see it themed off Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Maybe they might theme for new film that's coming out 2024 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furiosa_(film)

The new franchise does not exist here.

Mel is Max.

#74 1 year ago

What happens when you mix the Mob and PBS ?

8E6AF12C-7BBA-4792-A022-EC317E6282AA (resized).jpeg8E6AF12C-7BBA-4792-A022-EC317E6282AA (resized).jpeg
    #75 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trond:

King Kong. I was really surprised to see that there has never been an official release of a King Kong pinball machine (I guess it was Godzilla that made me search). I know they came pretty close (with some prototypes floating out there), but for some reason I find that this is a franchise that really should have an official machine. King Kong would be excellent, with e.g. "fight other monsters", "break the chains", "attack the city", "fight the planes", "catch the girl" modes etc.
    What do you think? Any other themes/franchises that really should have a pinball machine?

Absolutly King Kong! Game looks really good, and the cabinet art might be one of the best i've seen. Hopefully Stern release an upgraded game with the same art.. Red and yellow for PRO.. old wooden freight box look for Premium and golden/black freight box for LE. Of course the playfield would need some major upgrades to make it modern.

#76 1 year ago

Top Gun/Maverick
    Snoop/Dre/Eminem/Beastie Boys or any hip hop/rap
    Country Rock - Eric Church etc
    Any Christmas pin - Elf, Christmas Vacation
    Motley Crue / Van Halen / Bon Jovi / Foo Fighters /OzzySabbath
    NFL Madden

#77 1 year ago

I like Kong idea.
    Although I know it would have limited appeal: Johnny Quest, best intro theme in cartoon history.

#78 1 year ago

Muppets. Several Mel Brooks movies. Blues Brothers. Prince. Earth, Wind and Fire. Matrix. Cirque du Soleil. Warner Brothers cartoons. Superman. Retheme Iron Maiden—- how about Archer as a thanks to KE? UFO theme. Anything with funny callouts —PLEASE!

#79 1 year ago

Motordome is a knock off of Thunderdome. Tina’s even in it

I want to see an Airport (not Airplane) theme, personally. Why Harry Potter hasn’t been done is beyond me. Would have been better to do it closer to the end of movie releases.

#80 1 year ago

I am surprised there was never a Planet of the Apes game.

#81 1 year ago

Ones Stern probably should have made in the last 10 years

Fast and the Furious
    Breaking Bad
    Mission Impossible
    Modern LCD Super Mario

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

[quoted image]

I’d there a secret pinhead Browncoat group I don’t know about ?

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Motordome is a knock off of Thunderdome. Tina’s even in it
    I want to see an Airport (not Airplane) theme, personally. Why Harry Potter hasn’t been done is beyond me. Would have been better to do it closer to the end of movie releases.

Rowling wanted nothing to do with a pinball game. Pretty sure that came up in an interview she refused to license it out for that purpose or wanted far too much.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The new franchise does not exist here.
    Mel is Max.

The reboot directed by George Miller is one of the best action movies in the last 20 years.

It’s ok to be a fan of them both.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Fast and the Furious
    Breaking Bad
    Mission Impossible
    Modern LCD Super Mario

At least 2 or 3 of those franchise are still in business so who knows.

Breaking Bad would be a non-starter I bet just because of the subject matter. They did make Sopranos though but that isn't specifically drug related.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

The reboot directed by George Miller is one of the best action movies in the last 20 years.
    It’s ok to be a fan of them both.

Dont care, it was a bait and switch. If they wanted to make a Furiosia movie they should have titled it as such.

Instead it was "Mad Max Fury Road" and Max is hardly in it.

Hard, hard pass.

#87 1 year ago

Definitely!

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Dukes of Hazzard. How this never got made back in the day is puzzling.

I know we are saying "Home Brews" don't count... BUT buddy of mine turned a Paragon into a Dukes of Hazzard and it's truly amazing... up for a TWIPY for best home brew....

#89 1 year ago

I know of another "Home Brew" of Fight Club and would love to see it become a machine turned into production kinda like Keith's "Archer" that turned into Iron Maiden... hope he still gets to do an Archer one day definitely a theme I'd enjoy. Keep hearing the "rumor" that Jaws is Elwin's next...afraid that's going to be a "what do I sell" to buy it situation.... also glad to see that Pulp Fiction rumor is heating up again, BUT if it ends up going the Elwin Bond route probably going to pass... which hurts my heart to say.

#90 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mad-max-savage-homebrew

There is only one Max.

0beb2273dccd87797e16debd4e922fef570ad088 (resized).jpg0beb2273dccd87797e16debd4e922fef570ad088 (resized).jpg1f5f4cf6c1899eec3592f80a738ef991a6776e8e (resized).jpg1f5f4cf6c1899eec3592f80a738ef991a6776e8e (resized).jpg206be47e4011ed7b7772bec4e0b0ad522e60e7fa (resized).jpg206be47e4011ed7b7772bec4e0b0ad522e60e7fa (resized).jpg
    #91 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mad-max-savage-homebrew
    There is only one Max.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s sweet! Based off a Getaway High Speed?

#92 1 year ago

Monty Python
    Blade Runner

#93 1 year ago

LEGO movie

7655DFDF-5B93-488C-9AB1-BCD3823E642D.gif7655DFDF-5B93-488C-9AB1-BCD3823E642D.gif
    #94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Minnpin65:

Yes, make sure you visit the guys build thread, the level of detail is awesome.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

Pink Floyd! I wish, too bad Roger and Gilmore hate each other

I think if Pink Floyd was ever made. It would be a jjp thing. Lots of bling and eye candy. Jjp pins not great playing but they look beautiful.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Dont care, it was a bait and switch. If they wanted to make a Furiosia movie they should have titled it as such.
    Instead it was "Mad Max Fury Road" and Max is hardly in it.
    Hard, hard pass.

I'll allow it.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from CheapTrick33:

I know we are saying "Home Brews" don't count... BUT buddy of mine turned a Paragon into a Dukes of Hazzard and it's truly amazing... up for a TWIPY for best home brew....

Yes, I've seen it and complimented on it. He did an amazing job.

#98 1 year ago

Spongebob Squarepants could be epic. First NIB LE purchase for me.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Minnpin65:

Yes.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Fast and the Furious
    Breaking Bad
    Mission Impossible
    Modern LCD Super Mario

I was also thinking Mission Impossible, but I couldn’t suggest that and Top Gun at the same time. Too much Tom Cruise.

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-i-can-t-believe-they-still-haven-t-made-this-pin-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.