Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Snailpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm looking to make my pinball machine a little more quiet. Thought I would throw some thick insulation material in it, but different material works better with some frenquencies than others...

In my case I reckon the flippers themselves are making the most noise, would someone make an educated guess what frequency they are so I can pair them with right isolation material?

An example of typical isolation material.... NCR 500-4000hz doesnt seem to be a problem, where as 125-200hz seems far more difficult to quiet, so if flippers and typical pinball mechanical noise are within that range, then it becomes a little more difficult.

#7 4 years ago

There's a risk of overheating but doesn't todays games run cooler considering they're now LED lamps? I'll give it a shot plugging the ventilators and measuring the tempature... maybe 1 hour of play will not be so bad... i rarely play for very long, my concentration seems to be limited

I want to quiet the machine so it doesn't disturb others so much, so throwing some insulations in it might work with the mechanics and having it on a some kinda vinyl carpet might help with vibrations (I'm thinking one of those they use at gyms under threadmills)

Soundproofing a room is very difficult to do, but of course it's not totally empty, I do have some heavy rugs etc

I'll let you know if I have any success and if you have any other suggestions feel free to share.

#11 4 years ago

right maybe thats not such a good idea. as far the insulation material i put in the machine maybe it's a good idea to get some that doesnt make it much warmer than it already is...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hz-frequencey-of-pinball-machine-noise?tu=snailpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.