(Topic ID: 8065)

The Hulk Convinced me to pick up a green monster of my own...

By the96stang

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-11-25_17-31-35_487.jpg
2011-11-25_17-32-19_464.jpg
2011-11-25_17-33-51_532.jpg
#1 12 years ago

So here is the deal. I picked up a gottleib Dragon today. 125 bucks. Got to turn it on all I get is a hummmmmmm and all the lights turn on. Where do I start? Is there any fuse that would cause this? I doubt Im that lucky and will probably get a rottendog power supply. Anything I could do tonight?

OT: I got the manual with it. It still has the original maintenance log with it and the warranty information. The stuff feels as crisp as it would have 32+ years ago.

OT: I have now passed addicted, and have reached obsessed. I have a pinball in my bedroom....

#2 12 years ago

Nice!...these guys are FANTASTIC...I'm sure you'll be up and running soon!

#3 12 years ago

Pictures!

2011-11-25_17-33-51_532.jpg2011-11-25_17-33-51_532.jpg 2011-11-25_17-32-19_464.jpg2011-11-25_17-32-19_464.jpg 2011-11-25_17-31-35_487.jpg2011-11-25_17-31-35_487.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Honestly read through clays guide three times on pinrepair.com and then read it again. Before you order the rotten dog check all the other boards too. It would be a shame to have other boards bad too and decide to just get a pascal after buying the rotten dog. Get a DMM and hook up to the ground for your capacitor on the power board and check for 5 and 12 volts on the proper pins out to the mpu board and then check voltages out to displays on other capacitor and pinout. Then check to make sure you have 5 and 12 at the mpu. Repin all your connectors! Greatplainelectronics.com. Ground mods too. Do both those then come back and see where you are at. Good luck. You doing a full tear down like me? How's the playfield?

#5 12 years ago

The playfield is gorgeous. Minimal wear anywhere. I would like to do a full tear down on this one. This seems like a great project to learn on. the question I have is this. Where can i get the pins from to re-pin it? is there anywhere local?

#6 12 years ago

Dragon is fun, kind of slow, but that's a taste of how these machines used to play!

#7 12 years ago

On system 1s and 80s, you almost have to repin all connectors before trying to diagnose, they are so flaky. Main reason I won't touch another - maintenance is such a pain, despite some decent machines.

#8 12 years ago

Original warranty? Nice.

#9 12 years ago

Tried radioshack but they don't carry them. Greatplainselectronics ships fast. Ordered mine sneay night and had them by Tuesday afternoon

#10 12 years ago

I am going to go with the pascal. The bad news is I am a broke (insert as many underlines and exclamation points as you can.) so it is going to be a month or so until I can pick one up.

#11 12 years ago

Changing the connectors is cheap enough. It usually fixes quite a few issues on these. I had one that would light up but that was it and just changing those connectors brought it back to life. Try reseating everything and see if that improves it or not. As suggested above, go to Clays guides. The first thing your going to want to do is change the connectors and do the ground mod. You would be surprised what that will do for it.

#12 12 years ago

My pascal board has landed in the us. Hope it gets here by the end of week. Will let you know how great it is when it's here

1 week later
#13 12 years ago

I have not forgotten about you guys, sadly this is finals week in school but trust me over winter break I will be going to town on this (and maybe 2 more project pins if I can find some). Trust me, All of the molex pins, and everything else I need is waiting for me. I just have to get through this.....

#14 12 years ago

Keep us posted with pix!

#15 12 years ago

Look forward to giving you a hand with these projects!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hulk-convinced-me-to-pick-up-a-green-monster-of-my-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.