By multibrawlr

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

curienMansion (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

A thread to discuss Sega's House of the Dead franchise--collections, memories, locations, high scores, ect.

The original 1996 game got me into the arcade hobby, and by extension pinball. Ever since, I've been seeking out cabinets and practicing to get high scores, along with maintaining the HOTD wiki as an admin. The gameplay, music, enemies, characters, and bosses have been memorable to me personally.

"It feeds on your fear. Don't go in the house...alone!"
curienMansion (resized).pngcurienMansion (resized).png

2 months later
#2 4 years ago

Tough to get over 100K on the original House of the Dead, but possible. Love watching high score runs by egregiousguy.

#3 4 years ago

Still got to play some on my Saturn for the holiday

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Still got to play some on my Saturn for the holiday

Nice! I still have yet to play the Saturn port.

#5 4 years ago

Able to play all 4 using a set of aimtraks with force feedback. Still one of my absolute favorite shoot em up series! I don't count the Wii version, that just sucks.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Able to play all 4 using a set of aimtraks with force feedback. Still one of my absolute favorite shoot em up series! I don't count the Wii version, that just sucks.

It doesn't quite feel the same when you're using a mouse/normal controller rather than a light gun...that Aimtrak setup of yours sounds awesome, glad you have those.

4 months later
#7 4 years ago

Curious to see if this makes it to the United States...a new House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn attraction's opening on March 19th in Tokyo.

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/02/19/house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-the-attraction-coming-to-tokyo-joypolis-on-march-19th/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-house-of-the-dead-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.