(Topic ID: 18785)

The Hottest Pinball pics you'll ever see!

By Sparky347

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by royce6135
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LIS.jpg
    Getaway.jpg
    Flippers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky347.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Anyone ever use thermography to troubleshoot and maintain your games. Gotta tell you....It's awesome.....

Flippers.jpgFlippers.jpg Getaway.jpgGetaway.jpg LIS.jpgLIS.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Pic #1 shows flipper coils, great way to see if your coils, EOS switches or anything else is going to cause you grief.

#3 11 years ago

Pic #2, Header connections. Ever wondered if any of your strobes are overloaded?

#4 11 years ago

Pic #3 , Who says Lost in space isn't a "Hot title"? Shot from below the playfield you can see the magnet is the warmest thing on the playfield. Shorts, bad connections and such show up like a lightning bolt.

#5 11 years ago

Oh Yeah, they're shot in celsius. Canada eh

I've got some shots of comparissons between LED and standard lights I'll post tommorow (It's Late, I'm tired) Pretty "cool" stuff

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This is genius! Now how much does a Thermograghy sell for?

The one I use is about $10k, smaller handheld units can be had for $1200. Not really cost effective for the home user I guess but I bought mine for work ( industrial electrician ).
    Luckily if you're in the Greater Vancouver area, I can be had for a couple o' beers and a few games of pinball
    Oh, and I'll bring my camera along too.

I'll post some more pics tonight that'll show how easy it is to troubleshoot a game with these things, catch problems before they become problems.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Super Dorky! So where can I buy the $1200 one?

Flir sells one for about that, I've seen them at my electrical wholesalers

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

Is it a Fluke?

Yes, mine is a Fluke

#23 11 years ago

Yes, often times I'll make that predator clicking noise while I'm troubleshooting.
    Truth be told though, although the predator would be am awesome service guy, he would probably be a pretty lousy pinball player as the cold balls don't show up on thermal imagery.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

The GI connectors really tell the story. Fantastic imagery Sparky! I'd love to see a shot of a bank of fuse clips under load, especially on a DE game.

I'll shoot my boards tonight and post the results. Sadly no DE games anymore. I remember the PPB on my checkpoint and Batman getting smokin' hot. Would be interesting to look at.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Y'all don't have one of these in your ghost hunting kits?

All kiding aside, I was doing a fire investigation once, unfortunately a double fatality and had this with me. No ody onsite wanted me to turn this on just in case.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to see some LED vs incandescent shots.

Will post tonight

#35 11 years ago

Cointaker is going to get some good buisness, the shots i took last night of LED's vs incandescent side by side are real eye opener, you'll see

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Show some IDC vs molex/trifuron for those who want to take the easy way out.

Can do when i get home, I'm out your neck of the woods this week. 40-45 C here????? Seriuously, WTF????
    Any good pin hangouts Oakville way?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

There is the pinball cafe in Toronto. In Mississauga, not far from Oakville, there is Starburst, I believe the largest distributor out there. They always have about 10-12 new sterns set up on free play and a parts store, but parts only open on weekdays. Nice place.
    If you're ever in London, couple hours south of Toronto, stop in for some beer and pinball!

Awesome thanks!! And right back at you! You got a place to play in Vancouver!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky347.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hottest-pinball-pics-youll-ever-see?tu=Sparky347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.