Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 681 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by leeoneil
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220116_110832 (resized).jpg
    CobraPinConnectionDiagram_GND (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240416_064655_Google (resized).jpg
    CobraPinConnectionDiagram_actual (resized).jpg
    CobraPinConnectionDiagram_before_exploding (resized).jpg
    Solenoid-wiring (resized).png
    20240411_170635 (resized).jpg
    20240409_173347 (resized).jpg
    20240409_173418 (resized).jpg
    20240410_162556 (resized).jpg
    20240412_073031 (resized).jpg
    20240411_224444 (resized).jpg
    20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3694 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3695 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20231228_235104636 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lachied.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd just use Discord. It has a superior interface compared to Slack (I would kill for Slack to have Discord replies instead of the awful thread feature). It's not locked down like Slack, very easy to have a public server if you want, or barring that invites are easier for private servers.
    The new forum feature in Discord doesn't replace a true forum, but it is an easy way to silo specific reoccurring topics so they aren't drowned out by real time chat.
    It's free, and the extra features (like larger file uploads) are on the user side, so the costs, if any, are covered by individuals in cheap month subscriptions and not borne by the people running the server.
    I'm in Slack and Discord all day long every day, and Discord is so much better in almost all ways imo. Slack is for companies who need to pay for things like compliance. We have a paid Slack server and we don't have data retention at all because it's just fodder for discovery for lawsuits. So ironic.
    I moderate a large Discord server (about 8,000 members) and run my own private server for my arcade, if you need any help I'm pretty familiar with setting things up.

I created a Discord server a few years back to try and move everyone over from the pindev Slack as we were having a constant problem with running out of data and dropping messages that were not even a month old. Unfortunately I didnt have enough weight in that forum so not enough people joined and it stayed in Slack.
    I havent visited that slack in a long while - I wasnt allowed to use it while at Haggis and then kinda never revisited

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lachied.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-homebrew-channel-tips-tricks-amp-showoff-pics?tu=lachied and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.