You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(8)_(768x1024).jpg
2012-09-21_14-12-33_99.jpg
image.jpg
Lazor12.JPG
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome use of the figures. Looks perfect as a topper.

I hooked up a spot light to the back of the Marshall stack that is pointed at Brian & Angus. Looks cool even in the dark!

#52 11 years ago

That thing looks cool!!!

#53 11 years ago

I just bought my grail today!

2012-09-21_14-12-33_99.jpg2012-09-21_14-12-33_99.jpg

You all wouldn't believe me if I told you what I paid for it.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Nice! We might believe you, try us.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Too much ?

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Hopefully not too much with a credit dot

#59 11 years ago

diskoboy,
congrats on the TZ.

#60 11 years ago

Yep thats a good price . Low ones I believe , its the high ones I have a hard time with .

#61 11 years ago

Thanks! And the credit dot was from an earlier adjustment failure. I hadn't reset the time and date yet. I no longer get the dot.

I bought it from a total dive bar. The guy wanted to sell it so he could buy a Harley Davidson pin. Twilight Zone didn't really fit in with his clientelle. He didn't have a clue as to how much this machine is actually worth, which was good for me

It has a few issues, but nothing terribly big.

#62 11 years ago

LOTR was pretty much my grail. Start to finish, the chain of everything I've had, fixed, and sold to get from start to finish..... I have approximately 1400 bucks out of pocket in my HUO LOTR. There were three REALLY good deals in there to make that happen, and that was three grails gone by the wayside in the process:

Pinbot
Galaga cocktail (Was freaking PERFECT condition.)
STTNG

I'm sure I'll own Pinbot and STTNG again. Am looking for a Ms. Pac or Galaga cabaret.

#63 11 years ago

Damn, I hope you high-tailed out of there because you stole from them!

I've got two pins that when I used to think about getting pinball machines I now own, FH and now Whirlwind, so I guess those are my grail pins. That's not to say I may get a new grail after getting exposed to more pins. I got lucky when I picked up my TSPP. I had never played it, but being a big Simpsons fan I figured I couldn't go wrong. Now I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of it.

#64 11 years ago

HUO Centaur.

Found one last month.

There was a bright light, I levated six inches off the ground, and angels sang to me when it arrived.

Grail achieved.

#65 11 years ago

My holy grail used to be a williams millionaire since that was he first machine i played. But when i finally obtained it i sold it 6 months later. Some memories van best keept memories

My nee mission was a near mint condition addams witch i recently bought from my uncle for about 2000 he bought An mm and needed space

#66 11 years ago

HUO MB had it four 4-5 yrs now
Pincades

#67 11 years ago

I got my grail awhile back, had to drive all the way to Kansas City to get it: Bally Spectrum.

Next on my list is probably an inexpensive LOTR.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Beat it? Looks like I'm in for a long wait
Has anyone actually ever seen Valinor? LOL!
Still, best deal I've been offered so far. Thanks!

His chances are pretty good as they like to have their games set on 5 ball in Quebec hahaha

Just kidding beatmaster is a great guy and helped me load up my RFM last June when I picked it up from his workplace.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I got my grail awhile back, had to drive all the way to Kansas City to get it: Bally Spectrum.
Next on my list is probably an inexpensive LOTR.

Spectrum was my first game. Bought it on an impulse as I loved the Backglass. Realized later it was rare. Since then, I built a love-hate relationship with that pin. Cool rules, especially for 1981, but I really think slingshots would be welcome. Passive rebonds there with larger-than-usual spacing between flippers make your life hard. Have to be in the right mood to master the beast!

And I would love a LOTR too! Prices on the rise in France as well.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Spectrum was my first game. Bought it on an impulse as I loved the Backglass. Realized later it was rare. Since then, I built a love-hate relationship with that pin. Cool rules, especially for 1981, but I really think slingshots would be welcome. Passive rebonds there with larger-than-usual spacing between flippers make your life hard. Have to be in the right mood to master the beast!

With the lack of outlanes, I really don't think you could've have slings. My biggest complaint with Spectrum is the scoring. I've scored higher multiple times (3-4 million) by just flailing the ball at different colored targets instead of playing the game how it was intended. It really should've been the first pin (?) with subtracting scores for hitting the wrong colored targets.

Back to grail, mine would be a Gottlieb Spirit. Played one back in '88, and the was the last time. Fast forward to the mid 2k's, my interest of owning a Spirit was revived. Yet at the same time, prices were WAY out of control for this title. Never realized it was a cult classic to players. "Finally" ponied up the cash for one to knock it off the list...

I guess my next grail would be a Gottlieb Punk. Something about the artwork is so damn cool!

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Great pin....I know a guy near me that has all four...BK, Jungle Lord, Pharaoh and Solar Ride lined up in a row. There's also a Pharaoh for sale near me on Craigslist....I guess they're more common here in the states.

I have all 4 Black Knight, Jungle Lord, Pharaoh, and Solar Fire. (Solar Ride is a Gott. I think?) They are all great games. I had them all at Expo a few years ago all lined up together.

I have been fairly lucky as far as the grail pins go...I searched for and found a Bad Cats took me a couple years to find it, and also got my AFM this 1 took me about 4 years to find a decent 1 that was fairly priced...Then I found my SM, traded for it, found my Farfalla took me a couple years to find one with the euro BG at a price I could afford. Found my Space Mission and Spirit of 76 after a bit of searching. It did take me a bit longer and the help of a fellow pinhead and friend in MI to find my Williams 8-Ball but I found it!

At the moment, I really don't have a "grail" pin so to speak...but there is always that next 1 I want!! AC/DC Premium is up there though!!

Phoebe

#73 11 years ago

MB, which I got totally thanks to the great John Wart Jr!

One day would love to get a Pac-Man cabaret, but hey, that's not a pin.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have all 4 Black Knight, Jungle Lord, Pharaoh, and Solar Fire. (Solar Ride is a Gott. I think?)

You're exactly right....I'm always getting them mixed up. Fixed my original post for posterity sake (and so not everyone thinks I'm an idiot )

#75 11 years ago

It's taken many years, but I've found most of my grail pins. I guess I have two right now that are tied for the title of "current grail".....Terrific Lake, and Slam 'N Jam.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

It's taken many years, but I've found most of my grail pins. I guess I have two right now that are tied for the title of "current grail".....Terrific Lake, and Slam 'N Jam.

The Slam 'N Jam prototype was at the Ottawa show a few weeks ago. It was, um, something. Here's the organizer's contact info:
http://www.ottawapinball.com/contact

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The Slam 'N Jam prototype was at the Ottawa show a few weeks ago. It was, um, something. Here's the organizer's contact info:
http://www.ottawapinball.com/contact

I think it's a very cool game, but I'm into weird/rare stuff, so maybe I'm nuts.

The two protos are owned by a friend, but he's not selling yet. Maybe someday....

#78 11 years ago

Mine was Cactus Canyon once upon a time. Ended up finding three routed games within a few months. Bought and restored them all. Sold the first two, still have last one.

Scared Stiff was one, but I got that one very early in my collection.

#79 11 years ago

I am really wanting a ACDC Premium...I am considering trying to sell my other pins to aquire one. Just trying to figure if a nice SG,HSII, and GE will fill the bill...Can't sell my Corvette, it was my grail and it's HUO.

#80 11 years ago

Close encounter 1978 full EM version....yeah baby!

#81 11 years ago

In order, Krull, Rat Race, Mystery Castle, Class of 1812, Orbitor 1 & Big Game

#82 11 years ago

Been trying to find a nice Theatre of Magic in the right condition and price. Not a steal, but still something legit

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Mine was Cactus Canyon once upon a time. Ended up finding three routed games within a few months. Bought and restored them all. Sold the first two, still have last one.
Scared Stiff was one, but I got that one very early in my collection.

Always wanted to restore a CC. Too bad a worn beater would probably set me back $7K and up

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Wow that Terrific Lake looks awesome!

#85 11 years ago

One day, my friend, one day.

Saturday was the day!

photo_(8)_(768x1024).jpgphoto_(8)_(768x1024).jpg

#86 11 years ago

Congrats Smokedog

Robertmee did you ever get any leads on your MC?

#87 11 years ago

Found my EM grail recently; an unrestored 1972 Bally Fireball.
My SS grail would have to be King Kong but I would not turn down an AFG either.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Congrats Smokedog
Robertmee did you ever get any leads on your MC?

Working on one, but until it's sitting in my house, not calling it a done deal

#89 11 years ago

Adding one from Brazil to my wish list: Taito Mr. Black (remake of defender - a rare one as well). Its Backglass, with its Sepultura-like flavour, is fascinating.

#90 11 years ago

Safecracker. Reminds me so much of being a teenager.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Adding one from Brazil to my wish list: Taito Mr. Black (remake of defender - a rare one as well). Its Backglass, with its Sepultura-like flavour, is fascinating.

Now that's pretty damn cool...

10 months later
#92 10 years ago

Shameless Bump....So, coming up on a year that I originally started this thread and I achieved my Grail...Mystery Castle.

Looking back through and clicking on some of the collections, I see many in this thread also found their pin over the past year.

Who's still looking or who has joined the hunt?

#93 10 years ago

Great that you found your MC robert. To say that my grail pin is MM would be a gimme but what is more monetarily realistic would be a sweet Flash Gordon. Its been on my wishlist for far too long now. One day it will be mine. All mine. Me and Flash...saving the universe together.

#94 10 years ago

EATPM. Will be in the market to purchase a nice one in a few months, just have to be patient...

#95 10 years ago

At the moment ANYTHING. been over a year since my first game and not got a second yet.

#96 10 years ago

Capcom Big Bang Bar is my grail. I really don't have nearly enough disposable $$ laying around (yet!) to justify it.

More reasonable grails are SoF and Pinball Magic (should look nice next to ToM )

#97 10 years ago

My affordable Grail Pin: Blackout. My first pin purchase! If money wasn't an object, MM or TOTAN.

#98 10 years ago

Centaur

#99 10 years ago

NIB BSD
NIB NBAFB

Of course, these pins would cost way too much NIB compared to just finding nice examples, but I love NIB pins.

#100 10 years ago

I desperately want a Cirqus Voltaire for my 4-year-old daughter. She loves playing it on my iPhone and I really want to get her hooked on pinball.

Oh yeah, and an AFM, FH, and Fathom for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-holy-grail/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.