• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pull.jpg
bubba_hotep_1.jpg
images.jpeg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

I prophesize that it will be 11-12 months between pins. WITH jjp2 coming in November or December '13

#52 12 years ago

When there were the first rumors of an AC/DC Pinball game, I wrote that I would buy one unseen.
Now I am waiting for my LtbR LE.

If JJP will produce a The Hobbit pinball, I promise I will buy one.

Trolls, Dragons......

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

$3,000,000,000 worldwide for LOTR would seem to be at odds with your opinion.

Still doesn't mean it's a good theme to me, but I get the reason you would do it. The popularity is not something I'm not familiar with, it's the "why" part I don't get. Like TheLaw mentioned above, "beggars can't be chosers". A future NIB for me, is only a dream at this point.

#54 12 years ago

Post edited by Honch : double post

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

"The Hobbit" [pin theme] is just plain bad

Only if the movie is bad...which is "extremely" unlikely if they follow the same formula they did for the LOTR movies. If WOZ is a "fun" pin to play (despite the theme) The Hobbit pin will be big for JJP, even more so than WOZ.

#56 12 years ago

I really don't care about hobbits running around blowing each other or whatever happens in the books, doesn't interest me. 2 of the 3 movies I couldn't care less about.
I would actually be more excited about Oz theme just because it would be more obscure...if that's possible.

As always the most important thing is gameplay.

#57 12 years ago

If its going to take 2 years to come out, shit I couldnt be bothered talking about it, however if it comes out at the end of this year well it would be nice to follow the updates. Ultimately when I think about it theres no point in following any update, eg ACDC, woz, hobbit since theres nothing you can add to influence the update of the game. Just wait till it comes out then get involved. In the mean time play the games that exist!!!

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I really don't care about hobbits running around blowing each other or whatever happens in the books, doesn't interest me. 2 of the 3 movies I couldn't care less about.
I would actually be more excited about Oz theme just because it would be more obscure...if that's possible.

Can there be a bigger idiot than you.......

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TheLaw said:I really don't care about hobbits running around blowing each other or whatever happens in the books, doesn't interest me. 2 of the 3 movies I couldn't care less about.
Can there be a bigger idiot that you.......

I don;t care what anyone says, I love drunk posting...you keep it going girl!

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

don;t care what anyone says, I love drunk posting...you keep it going girl!

Drunk posting is excusable...stupid is forever!.....you go bit**

#61 12 years ago

go go go go!

#62 12 years ago

Genius, genius, genius....why don't you blow the Hobbit jacka**

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Genius, genius, genius....why don't you blow the Hobbit jacka**

BECAUSE HOBBITS AREN'T REAL GENIUS!!!

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

BECAUSE HOBBITS AREN'T REAL GENIUS!!!

wow.....you just figured that out didn't you...lmao....read the book or "whatever"....idiot

#65 12 years ago

Oh you can do better than that. The others don't believe in you but I do. Take it up a notch already.

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh you can do better than that. The others don't believe in you but I do. Take it up a notch already.

Pitiful....

#67 12 years ago

Soooo,
What did I miss?

#68 12 years ago

Iceman melt down or something.

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Soooo,
What did I miss?

And it rolls on NP!....

#70 12 years ago

I think it's about time we all shared a drink and reflect on the days events.

pull.jpgpull.jpg

Cheers!

#71 12 years ago

Holy....thanks NP!....I'll share one more with her but while I might wake up with a hangover I'll still be me......some of these yahoo's will still be dumber than a bag of rocks...

Putting that pic in the archives...

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

kwiKimart said:Hobbit > WOZ any day.

More like "side by side"...
I really feel bad for Dennis, I was really looking forward to seeing what his twisted mind would have come up with in 2012-13. Hopefully things will work out and Nordman can get his pin finished. Either way I am on board for his next pin (JJP or homebrew) and I also look forward to seeing 'The Hobbit' sit next to my LOTR in perfect harmony.

I don't understand this. What is Norman working on that's impacted by this?

#73 12 years ago

After seeing the Hobbit trailers, I am less excited about the films and a new pin. Part of the excitement of watching the original trilogy was watching a new world unfold. The look and feel of the new films are very close to the original.

Although, there were two Simpsons machines 13 years apart and that worked out okay.

#74 12 years ago

I don't know who will get this license, but it'll be a battle as there really aren't many themes from movies left that I think would be movie worthy/re-marketable thru pins.

#75 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What is Norman working on that's impacted by this?

HTZBFBTBH!!!!*

*Working title.

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I don't know who will get this license, but it'll be a battle as there really aren't many themes from movies left that I think would be movie worthy/re-marketable thru pins.

agreed. this is yet one more reason to release an original themed pin.

#77 12 years ago

I can't even remember what the last title was that wasn't licensed. HRC maybe? Seems like Stern went through some dark days of trying different licenses before they committed to movie pins and they are hesitant to revisit those times. Hard to blame them imo.

#78 12 years ago

mmm Cheers

#79 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

JJP has it in the bag! ( according to rumors

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Alien/Prometheus

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.