5%
  • Wait & see 145 votes
    60%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0599.jpg
51B4jsee-jL._SX342_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

How pissed will you pre order guys be when JJP starts selling standard Hobbits off the line before making your LE that you paid for already?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

It depends: will The Hobbit that I eventually get be off the latest generation of the radically different WOZ platform, featuring LED lighting, loaded widebody with four bidirectional troll trapdoors, LCD backglass, animatronic Smaug, Back Alley sculpts, high def clips, high def stereo sound, and banks of individually controlled drops?
Because I'm happily willing to suffer the expense (as a delay) of the Hobbit in addition to the preorder expense (as a reduced price) as a means of sustaining JJP, and thereby allowing the JJP platform to further evolve with its third pin. I enjoy the choice between two different manufacturers with two different design philosophies and recognize that this is part of what i have to deal with to maintain that choice. But i consider the delay expense as trivial for the choice payoff, since I do not believe the prospect of never receiving my TH at all as not a realistic concern. I also believe there's a reasonable chance that JJP will no longer require long term preordering for cash flow management after TH partially due to my patience, and that pleases me.
Or will TH be same-old, same-old?
In which case, I would be very upset. I don't need to suffer delays for a Stern-style 1990-2000 pin: i can already buy a Stern for that experience without the delay. Not bad mouthing Stern at all. Just saying I want a CHOICE between two DIFFERENT design foundations, and understand that a new upstart company requires time to get the cash flow worked out on products like pins.
Besides, I understand that the delays involve improving the pin substantially. I find the updates, though limited in number, exciting in content. So to a small degree, i'm enjoying watching the design evolution even while suffering the production delay that necessarily follows.
But, hey, that's just me.

Solid answer, I don't normally read posts that long but I did, well done.

I personally would flip out if someone had my money and didn't bother to rush getting my merchandise to my doorstep, but that's just me.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm fine waiting as I know its coming, after Predator I have lost the impatience in waiting for new pins. Alien LE preorder, The Hobbit preorder, Stern pins never will I preorder again.

If JJP fails to deliver Hobbit, which I have to guess won't happen, would be the most miserable fail of all times.

Predator/Jpoo combined would be a smaller fail compared to that.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It will happen! I have a friend that got his Ruby Red before some had their ECWOZLE !

Exactly, history repeats itself.

You know what my favorite pin purchases have been? TRON, ac/dc and Metallica......... Oh wow, those are all Sterns, weird.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

What if they did it for the good of pinball?

LOL! I guess it's all good then. (Blowing brains out with handgun emoticon)

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not even close. The hobby/market would be stung to a much larger degree as a whole compared to those two losers going down like they did.

That's what I said Bro! Agreed!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

BEFORE the game is going to start shipping - maybe a month prior - ORDER - get in line.

When will that be? Which month should we jump in line?

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I would GUESS production starts late August to coincide with JJP's recently-announced open house, which would mean later this month as a good time to jump in.

Another thing, if they do start production in August 2015, those near the bottom of the list in order number might be waiting well into 2017 to get their game if JJP cranks them out as slow as they did WOZ. What were they making ~8~ games a week or so?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Weird? No. Expected. Why don’t you just start a thread titled “Stern’s sycophantic slags, or ‘How I became Gary Stern’s lapdog’?” That way – you, RobT, and McCune can lather each other up all you want instead of coming in here and breaking our wagons. It’s clear you have an agenda against JJP and TH – so why keep posting nonsense while adding zero to the discussion? Scratch that – less than zero.

Ha! The way you bastardize the language, I'm not sure you could even order a six-piece nugget from McDonalds.

I see you have a hobbit in your current collection. How's it play?

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All you ever do is post personal insults.
You are a funny guy. I bet you aren't even a real captain!

Lots of pretend captains around these days. That too is weird.

#82 8 years ago

Only in the fantasy world of JJP are legitimate questions of missed manufacturing deadlines and questionable business practices labeled as bashing.

#88 8 years ago

If the Hobbit is really great, I would certainly pay up for one (used). So probably 2018 Ill think about buying one, Im such a hater.

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Played for 3+ hours at the PinballSTAR event in March - and it played better than any Stern in your collection.

So you don't have one at your residence or on your boat?

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

The last option says "Wait and see". Meaning people who are interested in pre-ordering are going to "Wait and see". That was clearly the intent of the OP. I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time with this. Calm down.
Posting the OP's explanation of the poll one more time:

That doesn't necessarily mean preorder, I took it as when would you purchase whether it be used or NIB

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Even the person you were contradicting in post #27 had to explain to you in the very next post #28 that you were just saying the exact same thing.

Off topic post, immediate thread eject??????? Moderators???????

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Reminds me of this old russian joke (cold war period, but you may argue it still applies):
"
- Do you share my feelings about the government?
- Oh Yes!!
- Sorry, I have to arrest you then.
"
Guess I have to report both of us to the mods...

I'd love to buy a hobbit but I think I'm going to be busy buying all these stern games that will ship as soon as my payment is complete, bring on TWD!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-when-will-you-purchase?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.