Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Thought it'd be fun to list everything that's been confirmed for The Hobbit so far. I've read about everything from multiple magnets to all gold pinballs. If you know of something please list it here.

#2 9 years ago

I can't talk about fight club

#3 9 years ago

I am not even in fight club so..

#4 9 years ago

As far as I know, the only thing that's actually been confirmed is the price.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am not even in fight club so..

If it's your first night, then you have to fight.

#6 9 years ago

LTG : )™

#7 9 years ago

Confirmed, the game will feature at least 1 multiball mode.

#8 9 years ago

Confirmed:
- 3 flippers
- 4 pop-up trollish targets
- kickback-like device in left Outlane.
- Target in right Outlane.
- Axes on slingshots and over kicker in left loop
- Bag End toy
- barrels on pop bumpers
- Smaug toy dominating upper left
- player controlled diverter somewhere
- two ramps
- diverter on ramps makes "u" turn
- subway
- at least two magnets
- Lots of drop targets that have standard targets behind them
- captive ball between ramps
- two VUKs
- KEF is programming (probably best feature)

#9 9 years ago

Tons of things to shoot at and the best programmer to make it into a gem. 2 loops, 2 VUK's, 2 ramps, captive ball, 4 pop ups, Smaug, Bag End, and 3 sets of drop targets. Sounds like some serious fun to me. Combine this with the LCD display and the possibilities are endless! Can't wait

Also heard rumor of possible interactive apron

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Confirmed:
- 3 flippers
- 4 pop-up trollish targets
- kickback-like device in left Outlane.
- Target in right Outlane.
- Two Ramps
- Axes on slingshots and over kicker in left loop
- Bag End toy
- barrels on pop bumpers
- Smaug toy dominating upper left
- player controlled diverter somewhere
- two ramps
- diverter on ramps makes "u" turn
- subway
- at least two magnets
- Lots of drop targets that have standard targets behind them
- captive ball between ramps
- two VUKs
- KEF is programming (probably best feature)

That pretty much covers it. Nice list!

--Luke

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Confirmed:- 3 flippers- 4 pop-up trollish targets- kickback-like device in left Outlane.- Target in right Outlane.- Axes on slingshots and over kicker in left loop- Bag End toy- barrels on pop bumpers- Smaug toy dominating upper left- player controlled diverter somewhere- two ramps- diverter on ramps makes "u" turn- subway- at least two magnets- Lots of drop targets that have standard targets behind them- captive ball between ramps- two VUKs- KEF is programming (probably best feature)

+ Shaker Motor & Invisiglass

#12 9 years ago

Confirmed. Better than WOZ.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

lol, and your beef with WOZ continues.

#14 9 years ago

The more I see WOZ the more I like it, anyone in the North Carolina area know where I can play it near by?

#15 9 years ago

I think this is an accurate statement. Then again, Pat Lawlor's game will likely be just a little better than Hobbit. Jack has even stated so himself - he plans to push the technological limits with each new game JJP produces. That said, I've played about 20 or so games on WOZ with the new software update and it's just plain fun. The light-show alone makes it a special pin-playing experience. For me, though, the WOZ theme pales in comparison to TH; Smaug will be majestic! One man's opinion.

#16 9 years ago

Hey, Kirk! If you're in Jersey, you're welcome to come by my house and play WOZ to your heart's content. I'll even provide the beer. I think Trekkie1978 is in Jersey, but I'm not sure about you. I'm not sure if you've even spent much time on a WOZ, but I guarantee your opinion will change after an hour or so on my machine. You won't magically turn into Panzer, but you'll be a lot closer in agreement. The offer stands.

#17 9 years ago

Lawlor's game should be good - they won't have to push to get to market as soon as possible with WOZ and a movie launch date with TH. Though even with those deadlines it appears that JJP can create amazing pins (I know the jury is still out on TH, but looking good so far). Lawlor's game won't have these deadlines (unless they create artificial deadlines), and it will be done when it's done. Which should allow for the best game possible - In theory.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I think this is an accurate statement. Then again, Pat Lawlor's game will likely be just a little better than Hobbit. Jack has even stated so himself - he plans to push the technological limits with each new game JJP produces. That said, I've played about 20 or so games on WOZ with the new software update and it's just plain fun. The light-show alone makes it a special pin-playing experience. For me, though, the WOZ theme pales in comparison to TH; Smaug will be majestic! One man's opinion.

That sums up my feelings.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Kirk! If you're in Jersey, you're welcome to come by my house and play WOZ to your heart's content. I'll even provide the beer. I think Trekkie1978 is in Jersey, but I'm not sure about you. I'm not sure if you've even spent much time on a WOZ, but I guarantee your opinion will change after an hour or so on my machine. You won't magically turn into Panzer, but you'll be a lot closer in agreement. The offer stands.

If I was closer, I would take you up on that offer.

#20 9 years ago

If I was closer, I would take you up on that offer.

#21 9 years ago

I don't need to love WOZ to be glad JJP is around and making pins. I've very, very excited about the Hobbit!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm in NJ.

I've probably played WOZ a minimum of 100 times.

Before I ever played it, I really wanted to like it (Jersey Jack is a very short ride from my house). The more I played it, the less I liked it.

IMO, WOZ needs Steve Ritchie to clean it up and make it play smoother.

I'm not afraid to admit, that I'm not a fan of Pat Lawlor games...to me, WOZ plays like a Lawlor game.

I am excited for the Hobbit. Play field looks nice, plus I like the theme.

#23 9 years ago

Removed incorrect assumption.

#24 9 years ago

Yeah Jack confirmed both on the LE's

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The more I see WOZ the more I like it, anyone in the North Carolina area know where I can play it near by?

I am about 25 minutes away. You are welcome to come by and play. Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-whats-been-confirmed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.